Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - See My Reflection Change...

A Naruto fic. Yep, that''s my speech, lol. Enjoy!

Chapter 3 - See My Reflection Change...

Chapter 3 - See My Reflection Change...
Naruto was “helping” Ekyt pack up his stuff. It was only a two-week get-away, but you had to be prepared for anything.
“Oh, and keep your wallet away from the pervy sage, you’ll be broke in no time, believe it!” Naruto groaned at the memory.
Ekyt gave the mandatory chuckle, despite feeling no humor. “I’ll keep that in mind. I wonder what he’ll teach me…Ah well, right now, the vacation is just as important.”
“Yeah, I guess we all need one. Listen, just watch your back. Sasuke is seriously pissed at you…”
Ekyt shrugged. “I knew he would be. But I did what I had to do. If death had been the price, I would have paid it.”


After a few goodbyes, Ekyt left with Master Jiraiya for a two-week respite. Jiraiya had assured Ekyt that he could teach him some skills that would come in handy, and Ekyt assured Jiraiya that he would pay for some of Jiraiya’s ‘entertainment’ habits.


Sasuke sat up in bed, testing his strength. He cursed upon finding it still hadn’t returned. He rolled over on his side, away from the window. He was vaguely surprised to find that Sakura wasn’t at his bedside. Not that he really cared. Things were odd between them now. Sasuke’s thoughts turned to the fight of two days ago.
My Chidori, even weakened, should have killed him. But he’s up and traveling…when he sealed my curse mark, I felt my power drain. Damn him, and Naruto too. I…maybe they’re right. If Orochimaru had taken my body, it would have been him in control…No! I could fight off Orochimaru and take HIS body. I’m going to make Naruto and Ekyt regret this…


Before he left, Sakura asked to speak with Ekyt. Confusion hidden under his mask, Ekyt obliged. This has gotta be about me fighting Sasuke…I did what I had to do, and I’m not changing my mind.
Ekyt was half right. Sakura DID want to talk about the fight. But, to his surprise, she thanked him.
“I knew Sasuke was out of line. You and Naruto are really great friends. It really means a lot, you know. Naruto told me what you said to Sasuke…” (Note: the words were “I’m not letting you leave. You’ll break Sakura’s heart! Think about this!”) “So, I just wanted to say thanks…”
Ekyt stared stupidly for a moment, before his face reddened. He was sure Sakura had seen the look of surprise on his face. Moments later, that was proven by Sakura’s question.
“Hey, you look like you thought I was going to kill you or something!” the pink-haired kunoichi exclaimed, laughing.
“Well, I DID kind of KO your boyfriend. I figured you’d want to kill me for that.”
Sakura giggled. “You’re a sweet guy, to think of my feelings. Anyway, I know you’re leaving, so I won’t drag this out. Just…thanks for stopping Sasuke…” Sakura’s green eyes held a plethora of emotions.
“No problem. I hope he’s feeling better, I know that sealing jutsu I used tends to take a lot out of you. I hope, by the time I get back, he’ll be calm enough not to kill me…Anyway, I’d better go. See you later…”


Rock Lee was training hard. No surprise there. He was counting off his kicks as he did them. Guy wanted a word with him.
“Lee…” Guy began.
“41, 42, 43…”
“Lee…” Guy’s eyebrow started to twitch.
“44, 45, 46…”
Guy lost his composure. “LEE!” he shouted, before rearing back and tagging the young chunin in the face with a solid right hand.
Lee leapt up from the ground, striking a saluting position.

“Yes Guy-sensei!” he practically shouted.
“Lee, you special kid…I’m so proud! Today, you’re leading your first mission!”
Both Lee and Guy were emotional. Immediately, both had tears streaming down their faces.
“I am ready, Guy-sensei! What is my mission? I will complete it successfully and make you proud!” Lee struck his “Good guy” pose, teeth gleaming, thumb up.
“That’s it! Ah, the springtime of youth! Your mission: Take your team to a rendezvous point, just outside Otogakure. You’re going to meet someone there. Take him back to the Leaf Village, directly to Lady Tsunade. This…(Guy paused, the moment overwhelming him)is an A-ranked mission! I know you can do it! You and Temari and Tenten! (Sob) You’ll make me proud Lee!”
Lee was crying as well. “I will Guy-sensei! Thank you for this splendid opportunity! I will prove that I CAN become an excellent Shinobi, even if I have only taijutsu as a weapon!”


Shikamaru laid on his back, staring at the clouds. The sky was a vibrant blue, and the clouds big, white and puffy. Must be nice…to move around freely. No pain, no death…oh well, it’s what’s expected of me, I guess. I hope this mission is easy. Hard stuff is such a drag…
Shikamaru was soon joined by Ino and Choji. Choji was much the same, but the big surprise was Ino. Once Sakura was taken, and everyone found out how violent Temari was, she became the big catch in the village. She still held traces of her old demeanor, giving backhanded compliments without any thought. But, by and large, it seemed that by healing her relationship with Sakura, Ino was ready to embrace life seriously. She had put on weight to make herself an average size. That small change made her skills increase as well. She hadn’t known it, but her borderline anorexic state had been inhibiting her chakra. Now, she not only looked and acted better, but had become stronger. Even Shikamaru tolerated her.
“So (chomp) what’s our mission again?” Choji asked around a mouthful of chips.
“Weren’t you listening?” Ino sneered. “We’re teaching at the academy today. Teamwork. So, time to warm up the InoShikaCho trio combo!”
Shikamaru was technically supposed to lead, but found it less troublesome to let Ino have her way. He found that he didn’t actually hate her, like he thought he would.
Maybe I’ve just gotten used to her…


“Alright Akamaru, ready?”
“WOOF!” came the reply. Apparently, Kiba could speak dog, because he smiled widely, with a wolf-like grin.
“Alright! How about you, Hinata? Are you ready?”
Hinata looked ready to pass out, but timidly nodded in the affirmative.
Shino, in a rare moment, spoke up. “We need to be prepared for resistance. He might have left peacefully, but Neji won’t come back peacefully.”
Kiba nodded his agreement.
Kurenai’s team had been lounging near an apple tree all day. Shino was studying the various insects eating the perfectly-ripened apples, even coaxing a few into his body for study and use later. Kiba, meanwhile, was playing with Akamaru, throwing smaller apples for him to catch. Akamaru ate a few here and there, but mostly treated the delicious red fruit as if it were a ball. He rolled around, chewing the apples up, then spitting them toward Kiba, before pouncing on his owner playfully.
The only one who wasn’t relaxing was Hinata. She was training. Now that she was 15, she decided she was going to talk to Naruto about how she felt. Somehow, training helped her get her courage up to do just that. Apples were falling off the tree, and Hinata was trying to hit them before they hit the ground.
“Alright. Shino, you attack with bug clones, Akamaru and I will provide a distraction. Hinata, you’re the only one who can face Neji without killing him. He might not resist at all, but no matter what, don’t drop your guards, any of you.”
“What’s going to happen with Neji if we DO catch him?” Shino asked. That was a good point.
“I’m not sure. You know, I think I have our mission wrong. I think we’re just supposed to check up on Neji, to make sure he’s not with Orochimaru or something. Either way, let’s go with that. Bringing him back is borderline suicide…”


Ekyt followed Jiraiya into the crowded bar, his face thirty shades of read.
“Master Jiraiya, are you SURE I have to actually be in…here?”
Jiraiya looked at Ekyt as though he had farted in church. “Of course! This is my main haunt! Besides, you said you’d pay for my entertainment.”
“To a point. To a point I’ll pay for your entertainment. Whatever you say, Master Jiraiya.”
Ekyt shook his head. As low as he had been, he felt he had lost his last real defining trait: his character. He had allowed himself to walk into a make-out bar.
(BEWARE: THIS MIGHT CONTAIN SOME DOUBLE ENTENDRES)
The bar didn’t look or feel innocent.
“Master Jiraiyaaaa!!!” Three of the, er, “waitresses” sang out upon seeing Jiraiya. Immediately, red sprang up on Jiraiya’s face.

“Ladies, hello! I brought a friend tonight! Girls, this is Ekyt Kaguya! Ekyt Kaguya, this is Atsui (A friendly looking [TOO friendly looking] red head waved and blew a kiss), Mune (A tall blonde woman that was clearly designed to attract attention gave Ekyt the once-over look and then an inviting eyebrow raise), and Mujitsu (A raven-haired woman who seemed…rather lopsided ran her hands through her hair invitingly).”

Ekyt felt more akward that usual. You were obviously supposed to stare at these somewhat less than-appropriately-clothed women. He had never been to one of these make-out bars, but some things were just common sense. Like the fact that you were supposed to do more than stare, for the right price. ‘Look but don’t touch’ clearly wasn’t the policy in this place.

“It’s nice to meet all of you,” Ekyt said with a forced smile as the women were obviously trying to get his attention. He could FEEL himself blushing.

“He looks kinda young, Jiraiya…and really innocent…isn’t that YOUR specialty Atsui?” Mujitsu stated in a voice that couldn’t be considered innocent.

“Mmm…yeah, the young one is mine…I think you’ll find I’m not so innocent. But I AM sweet…”

Ekyt put up a hand. “Hold it. I’m only paying for his (nods at Jiraiya) entertainment. I’m not here for…what your selling.” I’ve got to be the only guy in the world to say no to these girls…but I’ve got more respect for REAL women than that. Jiraiya is welcome to his prostitutes, I’d rather take REAL love…provided I ever find it…


As Jiraiya enjoyed himself, Ekyt slunk to a bar next door. He had never drank so frequently. He still knew when to quit, so he let himself have sake. He found the thought of finding real love depressing, because he thought it had no chance in hell of ever happening.
What girl is going to love a milk-drinking dork who’s stuck as a genin? Tenten had her eye on Neji, and besides, she scares the hell out of me. Temari…scares the hell out of me, even though she kind of flirts with me…but that’s just her personality. Sakura seems like the only genuine one…but how can I compare with Sasuke Uchiha?
Ekyt put the glass down, nodding in the affirmative when asked if he wanted a refill.


About two hours later, Jiraiya half-stumbled out of the bar.
“Come back soon!” The women called.
“You bet!” Jiraiya responded heartily. He waved, then walked over to Ekyt, who had just drained his fifth cup of sake.
“Good man, paying that bill. Alright, training…Hmmm…you don’t have enough chakra for the Rasengan, and you can already perform summoning jutsus…ah, I’ve got it! Alright, you’re already good with genjutsu, so we need to build your ninjutsu repertoire. You’ve got a dragon theme going, so this jutsu should lend itself to your style nicely. You can already summon fire. Now, I want you to try to hold the fire in your hand, like you do with that extra chakra…”


After some explaining, Ekyt had learned TWO new jutsus.

Fire Style: Dragon’s Circle- A flame held in the palm of the hand or on top of the foot. A forest fire condensced to the size of a softball that has incredible concentrated power. (Similar to Rasengan)

Red Flame: Voluntary Pain Acceptance- When his “emotional chakra” is active, this jutsu can be accessed. It allows Ekyt to absorb up to half the pain a person would feel. As long as he can maintain contact with the person (Ie, holding an arm, or even a sleeve), Ekyt can absorb half the pain they would be feeling, and in some cases, even sustain the injury meant for them.


Meanwhile, Things between Sakura and Sasuke had grown akward. The discussion had began so innocently.
“Sasuke, we need to talk. And I’m going to be honest with you…” Sakura looked apprehensive, but determined.


MORE TO COME!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on February 25, 2008, 1:31:13 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013 OMG

alchemest1 on December 17, 2007, 11:13:54 AM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Totally sweet chapter. You are right it def contained Jiriya. Lol. Sweet work mate stellar as always.

musicismylife on December 17, 2007, 8:32:41 AM

musicismylife on
musicismylifeoh!!!!!!yayness!!!!!! woot!!!!!!! dragon fire thingys rox my purple soxies!!!! :D