Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - Poison's Power

A Naruto fic. Yep, that''s my speech, lol. Enjoy!

Chapter 28 - Poison's Power

Chapter 28 - Poison's Power
“The…Sexy Jutsu?” Yuushi could help but ask. Bad move.

“Sure, lemme who ya! You’ll get a kick out of it, if you’re like you’re pervy sensei! Sexy Jutsu!” PWOOF!

Yuushi, a very conservative boy, tried to keep his expression calm. Hard to do when there was a naked girl strutting her stuff about six inches away.

“Don’t I impress you, Yuushi-sama? No? Well, then…Ninja Harem Jutsu!”

PWOOF again!

Yuushi’s eyes bugged out. His mouth fell open, and his nose bled. At his age, his hormones were raging, and that much female beauty so close to him- the stoicism had been broken.

“Yuushi-sama, you’re so cute when you blush!” the girl Naruto cooed. Naruto ended the jutsu, laughing loudly at Yuushi.

“Boy, you’re as pervy as your sensei! HAHAHA!”

“Then teach it to me…” Yuushi asked quietly, kneeling in front of Naruto, looking up through the shocks of black hair that covered his eyes. Once he had begun training, Yuushi had pulled his long hair into a ponytail. Because of that, and his blind eye, he got his share of weird looks.

“Say what? No, I was just kidding…”

Yuushi looked up to Naruto. “If it bewildered my sensei, I have to know it. Upon receiving my adult name, there is only one right of passage left- become stronger than my teacher!”

Naruto gulped, a distinct “uh-oh” look on his face. “You, uh, wanna beat your teacher? I mean, I guess I want to beat Kakashi-sensei and the Pervy Sage, but…wow. You mean, like, kill him? In a real fight?”

Yuushi looked down. “Traditionally, it’s possible…but I don’t want to kill him. Just defeat him. He made you my trainer for a reason…maybe he saw this day coming, and didn’t want me to disgrace myself in combat…Either way, I have complete loyalty to Ekyt. That’s why I have to defeat him- to prove that his teaching methods are sound. It would be disgraceful of me not to try.”

Naruto could kind of understand. “Okay, here’s how the jutsu goes…”

I’ve gotta talk to Kakashi-sensei, or Iruka-sensei, or Pervy Sage about this! I don’t know what to do! And I don’t care what Yuushi says, I don’t think Ekyt knows about this!

--

“You’re really gonna take me on, after what I did to your buddy? You’ve got guts, I’ll say that for you Hidden Leaf punks!” Muraki shouted back to Ekyt. Ekyt put up a hand for silence from everyone.

“Funny…you couldn’t kill two people, tied up in front of you. It took three people to stop the twenty-five you had…in a matter of seconds. Something must be wrong with your head. And, if my head looked like yours- I would have it circumcised.”

That little verbal jab caused tears of laughter to fall down every cheek. Ekyt himself seemed amused, which was strange for him. The Mist Ninja did NOT seem amused.

“Just start the damn match, I wanna kill this guy in the worst way right now!” a red-faced Murakami yelled to Shikamaru.

“Yeah, yeah, keep your shirt on. Participants to the center…” Shikamaru drawled. Ekyt walked to the center, but jumped back immediately as the same senbon that had taken care of Okkuu were coming toward him fast.

“Fire style: Dragon’s Fire Wall!” Ekyt barked, a wall of fire protecting him. While he was covered, Ekyt took the poisoned senbon out of his pocket, where he had them wrapped up to avoid getting poisoned himself.

“Take these back!” Ekyt threw the senbon. He made handsigns once more, improvising on the Third Hokage’s ‘Shuriken Shadow Clones’.

“Senbon Shadow Clones!” The senbon multiplied, catching Murakami by surprise. He couldn’t dodge them all, and was hit with several. He hit the ground hard, needles sticking out of him.

“Do you want to quit?” Shikamaru asked. Murakami shook his head.

“No…I’ll win…or die trying!”

Murakami got to his feet, then staggered.

“That’s just going to spread the poison faster…’” Ekyt pointed out. It was true. If you laid still, the poison wouldn’t move as quickly.

“You’re an idiot! That’s my own poison, you don’t think I thought to protect myself against it!” SPLASH!

“Water clone?!” Ekyt said in surprise.

“Over here!”

Senbon flew from another direction. Ekyt breathed out hard, in frustration. All he could do was put his arms up in front of him as a block as the senbon sunk in. Immediately, Ekyt felt the effects of the poison.

Damn…

“Don’t move around too much, you’ll only spread the poison!” Murakami shouted mockingly. Ekyt plucked the needles out and dropped them to the ground. He leapt backward to the far wall, sitting as still as possible.

Got to think…what do I do here? I don’t know what this poison does…does it affect chakra? Darn, I KNOW he’s trying to force me to make a move…and I have no choice in the matter there…but what move should I make? I might only get one shot…let’s see…if I can get in close…that’s no good, poison. He’s a long AND short range fighter. How can I match that?

--

“Hey, Iruka-sensei?” Naruto asked over a bowl of ramen.

“Hmm? What is it, Naruto?” Iruka responded. It wasn’t like Naruto to start thinking when he had a full bowl of ramen in front of him.

“Well…I kinda found out something about Ekyt’s student…you know, Yuushi?”

Iruka cocked his head. “Oh? What’s that?”

Naruto went on to explain what Yuushi had said about needing to defeat Ekyt as a right of passage.

“…And I don’t think Ekyt knows about this, or at least he doesn’t expect it. I guess…I need to know what I should do. Do I tell Ekyt, or tell Yuushi not to do this? Should I keep teaching Yuushi? Gah, I hate this!”

Iruka smiled a little. “Naruto, a teacher’s greatest desire and greatest sadness is the same thing: Seeing his student outgrow his training, and become something better. I mean, look at you and me- I’m happy you surpassed my training, but it’s still a little sad when I think back to how you used to be.”

Naruto screwed his face up in concentration. “So I should keep training Yuushi? Even though I knew he’ll fight Ekyt?”

“That’s right. I think that Ekyt would appreciate it, strangely enough. If nothing else, he’ll understand. Do you see what I’m saying, Naruto?” Iruka asked, thinking back to how Naruto used to be.

“I guess so…” Naruto said glumly.

“So, what are you teaching him?” Iruka asked. What a mistake that was. One giant nosebleed later, Iruka wondered if he was one to give advice.

--

Ekyt leaned against the wall, still trying to figure out what to do.

I don’t know his weakness…so what should my next move be? I don’t have time to try a bunch of jutsus, I’ve got one shot…I should make it something I’m familiar with, play to my own strengths, instead of his weakness…it’s my only hope. This is going to take just about all I’ve got…but it’s my best shot.

Ekyt bowed his head and focused as hard as he could. While not using handsigns, this jutsu required chakra and concentration. Hard to concentrate when you were slowly dying because of poison.

Infinite Darkness Jutsu…

The genjutsu of the Second Hokage, this placed the target in a patch of never-ending darkness. It had taken Ekyt nearly two years to learn, and he still hadn’t mastered it. So it was a long shot, but it was the best move he could make.

“Hey, what is this?! Turn the lights back on, retards!” Murakami snarled.

It took a lot of chakra to maintain this jutsu, and Ekyt still had two more moves to make. First, a Shadow Clone Jutsu. The Shadow Clone could read Ekyt’s moves, new what to do. He sat down next to Ekyt, and used a jutsu of his own.

Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique.

-

“What is he doing? Has he lost it?! He’s just sitting there?!” Kiba was getting impatient, ready to move on. Next to him, he saw his sensei, Kurenai, close her eyes and focus.

“…He’s using genjutsu…some kind of high-level genjutsu…I can’t tell which one…Kakashi?” Kurenai looked to the silver-haired jonin next to her. Kakashi had his Sharingan revealed, as did Sasuke.

“Ekyt is using the Second Hokage’s genjutsu, the Infinite Darkness Jutsu…That’s not a jutsu even my Sharingan can copy, since he didn’t use handsigns. His clone is using the Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique.”

“Why would he do that against this guy?” Sasuke asked. “How is it helpful?”

“If I had to guess, I would say it’s because he doesn’t know his opponent. He has to use what’s most familiar to him,” Kakashi said thoughtfully, watching intently.

“And the poison, Kakashi. He probably wants to avoid moving too much,” Kurenai added. This is getting dangerous…

“He should heal himself before doing all this…” Ino muttered, thinking it was dumb to fight without getting the medical attention you needed. What good was a win if you died in the process?

“It’s not that he didn’t WANT to, Pig. It’s that he COULDN’T,” the newly-arrived Sakura said, eyes glued to the floor.

“Sakura, how is Okkuu?” Kurenai wanted to know, worry written on her face.

“He’ll be fine, don’t worry,” Sakura replied with a small smile. “That poison is deadly and fast-spreading, but because Okkuu stayed still, we caught it in time.”

“Why couldn’t he heal himself, Forehead?” Ino demanded.

“He hasn’t mastered medical ninjutsu yet. Because of his fight with Lady Tsunade, he couldn’t train with me or Shizune to learn it. And the scrolls on the advanced medical jutsus aren’t easy to learn by yourself…”

--

Ekyt felt his attacks hit Murakami. But something was wrong…

He threw off one of my genjutsus…I’ve got to have my clone put all he can behind the one that’s left...the Infinite Darkness is still in place…Then, I’ve got no choice- I’ve got to attack with taijutsu. My chakra is too low for anything else. It might spread the poison faster…but this is for the Leaf’s honor!

Ekyt ran across the floor as fast as he could, jumping high in the air. He came crashing down heel-first. Murakami moved quickly, and Ekyt’s foot crashing into the floor, sending pieces of concrete in every direction.

“How did…” Ekyt couldn’t believe it. Did he hear me coming and move according to the sound I made?

“How did I know you were coming? I ended your genjutsu! I’m stronger than I look!” Murakami declared, giving Ekyt a kick that blasted him across the battle field.

Damn…my chakra! This stupid poison…I’ve got to make a choice…I can either attempt to heal myself and forfeit my chakra…or I can attack one last time…either way, that guy is tough, he’s far beyond genin level if he threw off both those genjutsus without me knowing…Not that knowing this does me much good now. Agh, damn poison. I’ve got to decide on my move, now!

--

“Okay, I get that you want to beat your teacher, so I’ll help you. First, uh, let’s see how much chakra you have to work with. What’s the hardest jutsu you know?” Naruto asked Yuushi.

“Dance of the Half Moon,” Yuushi replied. “It’s a B-ranked sword Jutsu.”

“Okay. Let’s see…I know! Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu!” Naruto cried. Two hundred more Naruto’s popped up.

“Okay, let’s see this jutsu, as many times as you can perform it.”

“What happens after that?” Yuushi wanted to know.

“Then I decide what awesome jutsu I’m going to show you! Something your teacher can’t perform, too! I’ll make it a good one, I promise!”

That was all the motivation Yuushi needed. This Jutsu, Dance of the Half Moon, was a mix of Hayate Gekkou’s “Crescent Moon Dance”, and Ekyt’s “Dance of the Sickle Moon.” Hayate moved at an incredible speed and made intricate moves, using clones as well. Ekyt did the same, but used Shadow Clones in tandem. Yuushi could only produce one Shadow Clone. So he and one clone attacked in a hard-to-follow pattern with their swords.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on August 5, 2008, 6:46:05 AM

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on
Y0URIMAGINARYFRIENDWhat happened to the antidote Tsunade gave him??

nextguardian on August 5, 2008, 2:52:32 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianDang, three mistakes in a matter of days! That'll be explained in the next chatper, nice find!

hflp on August 3, 2008, 10:06:55 PM

hflp on
hflpWhoa. Ekyt's going to wind up killing this kid. At least I hope so. The little punk.