Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 62 - Beautiful Relationship

A Naruto fic. Yep, that''s my speech, lol. Enjoy!

Chapter 62 - Beautiful Relationship

Chapter 62 - Beautiful Relationship
Ekyt packed up his weapons and bounty hunter gear and hid them in his closet. He was back to being ‘Ekyt’ for a while. However, Azami was still contracted to protect Sakura. Knowing that made Ekyt feel a lot better. He was worried about taking this mission, but he couldn’t refuse it, or he would lose his chance to be a jonin, instead earning an investigation.

“Ekyt now, is it? Interesting. I’m going to guess that’s another codename?”

Ekyt faced Taro (Azami’s father), who was in the doorway, smoking and looking around.

“Technically, yes, but I’ve felt that it’s been my name for a long time now,” Ekyt replied.

Taro nodded, looking around Ekyt’s room. “You read a lot, don’t you? I think I see one or two of my books. Tell me…why do you have such an interest in the past, if you fight for the future?”

“Because those who fail history are doomed to repeat it. I’ve seen it happen. It’s what killed my teacher, the Third Hokage. The past never truly dies. It only comes back, stronger and more determined than before.”

Taro agreed with Ekyt’s words. “Most can’t see that side of history. All they see are wars and peoples that don’t concern them in the here and now….heh. So, you’re twenty, correct?”

“That’s right.”

Taro crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking thoughtful. “I’d like to know something else, if you don’t mind. My daughter…you see, ever since she was little, Azami’s been tough. Maybe tomboy-ish, despite her looks. She was practically raised in tombs, in foreign lands, and she knows violence very well. How to perform it, how to stop it, how to love it, how to hate it…she’s very jaded for her age. But because of it, she’s practical…maybe to a fault. That’s why I’d like to ask you a favor.”

Ekyt stopped fiddling with his spare clothes and looked at Taro, to show that he understood the seriousness of the situation. Then Taro continued.

“I’d like you to remind her that she is a girl. She may be nineteen, but it couldn’t hurt for her to remember that there is a life outside of combat. I had to pull myself away from tombs and back to my other life sometimes- it was hard for me, and I’d like to spare her that pain.”

Ekyt stood up, bowing to Taro. “I would be honored. The truth be told, sir, I was going to ask your permission to…forgive me, it’s hard to say…I care for your daughter very deeply. I’d like your permission to become closer to her.”

Taro laughed good-naturedly, patting Ekyt on the back. “Always so old-fashioned, m’boy? Haha! She is nineteen, she can make her own mistakes…or perhaps, her own success stories. I like you, and I think you’d be an excellent person for my daughter. So, of course. Just ask her. Although she certainly believes that you are someone worthy of her attention. That in and of itself is surprising. She never seemed to have room for boys on her battlefield. Perhaps she just needed to meet the right boy.”

Ekyt had since straightened up. “Nineteen, sir? She said she was twenty…darn, she got me!” Ekyt chuckled. “It’s been an ongoing on contest between her and I to see who can find out more about who first. I can’t believe I didn’t see that one. Age aside, I thank you for your permission.”

Taro laughed himself for a moment, but then grew serious. “Is it true what she told me? About you protecting her…”

Taro retold the story of Ekyt vs. the various members of the Akatsuki. Ekyt nodded, assuring him it was the truth. Taro’s last statement was the one he had been leading up to- the answer he REALLY wanted.

“Is it true you’ve yet to take a life?”

Ekyt swallowed, but nodded again. “Yes. I would have, but those two the other day…they were immortal. You’ve heard the story. One I cut to bits, the other I stabbed in the heart. Both lived and counter-attacked. If you question means what I think it means…you needn’t worry. I’ve never taken a life because I could protect without needing to. Should the need arise…I will kill to protect this village or it’s people- even anyone who doesn’t commit evil acts.”

That seemed to satisfy Taro. He smiled and got up to leave the room.

-

A short time later, Azami came in. Ekyt turned to greet her, and nearly wound up killing himself. Out of the corner of his eye, she appeared to be naked.

“Relax! Ancient Egyptian dress. It’s gold and mesh, not skin! Pervert!” Azami thumped Ekyt on the head playfully, then ruffled his hair. “But at least I know what you want now. I knew the ‘I’m so innocent’ act wasn’t real! You’re just dying to get your hands on me.”

“Duh. I AM a guy, after all,” Ekyt shot back, catching onto her joke. “So, when’s your birthday? I’d like to wish you a happy twentieth…”

“My father told? Agh, you were supposed to earn that one! Oh well. Anyway, I DID come over to get your attention. I can see I’ve done that very well. Anyway, uh…”

Ba-dump. Wh-what’s wrong with me? I…I’m never like this! I NEVER get worked up! Is it him? It is…Ryouko…I need to tell him…I can’t put it off.

“I wanted to thank you for saving me yesterday. And I wanted to say that if something happened to you, I wouldn’t know what to do. You’ve started to mean so much to me…I’ve thought and thought, and I know: I’ve fallen for you. I’ve fallen for tough as nails Ryouko, and sweet-and-sour Ekyt. I wasn’t sure, but I…I am now. I might just be caught up, and I really need time to think it out…but for now, could we…see how ‘us’ could work out?”

Ekyt’s mouth had dropped open slightly. He’d never had anyone confess their love to him before (Unless you count that dream), and he didn’t know how to react. But something told him that he should follow his gut.

“I would be honored. Maybe I’m caught up by you…I mean, you’re thrilling, and dangerous, and nothing like any of the girls I’ve met up ‘till now. If you’re willing to give ‘us’ a chance…I’m all for it.”

Ekyt and Azami’s eyes met. But one question came bubbling to the surface of both their lips:

“Now what happens?”

Neither one had ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend before, and both parties were clueless. For all Azami joked and ‘seduced’, she’d never had anything like romance before. Ekyt was as clueless as he came across. They both knew where relations ended up eventually- but that was too big a step.

“Uh, let’s just take it slow. Play the ‘common interests’ card?” Ryouko suggested.

“Follow the mood, too,” Azami added.

Silence. Azami finally sighed in exasperation- the romantic moment was fading!

“You’re such a fool!” she breathed in Ekyt’s ear. Seconds later, she was holding him tightly. Then her lips met his. Neither one of them had felt this before; not like this. A deep, passionate kiss to seal the deal on their brand new relationship. It’s what they both wanted but never dared to expect.

--

Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, and Ekyt assembled at the gate, waiting for Asuma’s orders. He appeared briefly, looking like he was in a rush.

“Alright, Shikamaru- you’re leading. Here’s the mission- Head to the Land of Tea. Escort Idate Morino from the Land of Tea to the border of Tanzaku town. He’s to rendevous with three ninja who will escort him and his supplies back to Tanzaku twon. This is mostly a protection mission, so assume there’s enemies. Idate and his cargo must arrive in-tact. The cargo is very valuable to the Land of Tea, and the Hidden Leaf’s obligation to protect both Tanzaku town AND the Land of tea mean that there can’t be any screw-ups. Understand?”

“Yeah, yeah, we get it, Asuma. Don’t mess up,” Shikamaru drawled. “What a pain this is.”

Asuma walked over to Shikamaru to talk to him personally. “Shikamaru, I’ve never had a student make jonin. I was going to wait until then to give you this, but this mission isn’t A-ranked for no reason. So here.”

In Shikamaru’s hands were a pair of trench knives, just like Asuma’s. Shikamaru slipped them on his hands- they fit like a glove.

“Alright, I’m off. And you, Ekyt- watch your back. Rumor has it that some Hidden Mist Village Shinobi are on the prowl for you around Tanzaku town.”

--

Before they could even leave town, Team Asuma had to deal with a fight.

“BACK OFF, B*TCH!”

“WHO’RE YOU CALLING A B*TCH?!”

Ekyt dove into the fight, prying Azami away from a familiar face.

Aw s***…did these two HAVE to meet? I guess I knew they would clash…hell, I’m gonna say it- what a drag!

It was Linda who was fighting with Azami.

“Keep your hands off me, you filthy prick!” Linda snarled at Ekyt, giving him a shove. That earned her a hard punch from a furious Azami.

“Back off! Ekyt, who IS this?!”

Ekyt exhaled. “THAT is the girl I came to the village with. No relationship, don’t worry. Basically, she shot me down, and has since dedicated her life to beating me in every way, shape, or form. Including somehow landing a good friend of mine as her boyfriend. In other words, she’s just a bad egg in a good village.”

Azami looked a little hurt by that. “There was another before me, then?” she asked quietly. Ekyt shook his head.

“No. You’re the first. You were the first to really like me back. With her, I was interested, I admit it. But I was so young and so stupid…I just liked the fact that she was strong. But she’s not. She’s weak. And she means nothing to me, other than that she’s a comrade. I promise you that. It’s you I’m in love with, Azami. I said it, and I meant it. And I mean it now.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about her?” Azami asked. Was he planning to ever tell me?

“Honestly, I didn’t think of it. I try not to think of her, she tends to make my stomach hurt. She’s no threat to you. Besides, I would have told you anything if you had asked. I really didn’t have time to, since you and I only agreed that we’re in love this morning.”

That made sense to Azami.

“Alright. But when you get back, you owe me a date,” Azami said, complete with a fake pout. Ekyt put a hand on her back, pulling her close.

“Deal. So, when do I get to meet the first boy you ever liked?”

Azami rolled her eyes. “Well, I’m pretty sure he was mummified…or did you mean living?”

Ekyt sighed, shaking his head. “Someday I’ll learn not to leave loopholes when I ask you questions.”

Ekyt looked Azami over, dressed in that gold and net get-up…somehow, she wore it fashionably, and not like she was ‘open for business’. He felt a pang of longing- he wanted to go and hold her again. But that couldn’t happen right now- not with so many people watching. They were far enough away that they wouldn’t be heard, but their actions would speak loud enough. They’d agreed to keep their relationship secret- that way no one could link ‘Ekyt’ to ‘Ryouko’ in that regard.

“Alright, enough drooling over me. Go get ‘em, okay. And come back to me in one piece.” Azami gave Ekyt a discreet swat on the butt, then disappeared herself.

Jealousy isn’t like me! But now I knew that Ekyt likes my native dress. Well, he’ll have plenty of chances to see it. My father approves of him…and so do I. Stay safe, Ekyt. And don’t worry, I’ll protect Ojo-sama while you take care of this mission.

--

Shikamaru laid out his plans, drawing on the ground with a stick.

“We’ll keep Idate in the middle of the four of us. We’ll form a diamond. Choji, you’ll take the left side. Ino, you take the right. I’ll cover the rear. Ekyt, that leaves you to handle the front.”

“Why this formation, Shikamaru?” Choji asked. “Last time, we went with a straight line.”

“Choji, you, Ino, and I are best when we attack together. Ekyt doesn’t know our fighting style like we do, and we don’t know his. Plus, there’s the fact that he’s got a bounty on his head right now. He can’t be attacked from behind this way, which also means our target can’t become collateral damage. If Ekyt gets tied up in a fight, we can keep moving if we need to. Plus, my Shadow Possession Jutsu is a ranged attack that compliments Choji and Ino’s attack styles. Ekyt, all I know about you is that you use genjutsu at times- if I snare someone with my Shadow Possession, they’ll be easy prey for your genjutsu. I’m positioned in the back so that I can back up all of you. If we’re caught up, I’ll stay back with one of you, while the other two keep moving.”

“Makes sense,” Choji said, nodding his head in agreement.

“Alright. If we have to pair off at any point, I’ll stay with you, Choji. Ino, you’ll stay with Idate. Ekyt, you’re the most experienced among us when it comes to fighting solo, so you’ll go with whichever group is more heavily involved.”

“Sounds good to me.” Ekyt was already planning out his attack strategy- he just had a feeling about this mission.

“Alright. Let’s get going.”

At Shikamaru’s unspoken command, Ekyt leapt high into the trees, taking off at top speed. As he kept moving, two thoughts crossed his mind.

Azami…and I might be a jonin after this? My luck has finally changed.


NEXT ISSUE: MORE ON AZAMI VS. LINDA, AND YUUSHI MEETS HIS TEACHER’S NEW GIRLFRIEND!

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Anyone else starting to see a relationship between Ryouko/Ekyt and Azami that really has an interest potential to it? It kind of reminds me of ‘The Mummy’, with Imhotep and Anksunamun (sp- now way I spelled that right!). That wasn’t the inspiration for this pairing, but it kinda seems that way now, lol.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on February 1, 2009, 6:52:02 AM

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on
Y0URIMAGINARYFRIENDThree cheers for first love ^__^ And another for Ekyt going for jounin!

andr28a on December 1, 2008, 1:09:34 AM

andr28a on
andr28aAwesome chapter

hflp on November 30, 2008, 9:44:26 PM

hflp on
hflpI just KNEW those two would ahte eachother.