Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 86 - Seven Swords

A Naruto fic. Yep, that''s my speech, lol. Enjoy!

Chapter 86 - Seven Swords

Chapter 86 - Seven Swords
Ekyt did his best to proudly display his new waistcloth. Tsunade complimented him on it, though his smile worried her.

“Now is the time to tell you, I suppose. Ekyt, it’s time we gave you a squad. You’ll be mobilized against the Akatsuki shortly. Your cell will include Hayate, Yukao, and one person of your choosing. Though I won’t allow you to pick Yuushi or Kantai for the time being. I would strongly suggest someone who knows healing beyond a first aid level.”

The other jonin had known, and congratulated Ekyt. Tsunade let that go for a bit, before announcing her last bit of news.

“Before I let you go off and lead, you will need a little further training. You’ll join Team Gai for an S-ranked mission. After completion of that, you’ll be given your squad. And by the way- who did you fight at your tryout?”

Ekyt had to stop and think. “Shinmaru, I think it was.”

Tsunade frowned. “Shinmaru? What did he look like? And fight like?”

Ekyt launched into the story. As he told it, Yamato and Sai both opened up their BINGO books, flipping through them.

“Is this him?” Yamato asked, holding a picture up.

“Yeah, that’s him! Oh, crap, he’s a criminal?!” Ekyt yelped in shock.

“Not if he’s one of the Twelve. He must’ve come clean. What’d he do, Lady Tsunade?” Asuma asked.
Damn, he’s got a bigger bounty on his head that me!

“He was famous…infamous, rather…for burning people in acid. He experimented on himself. I actually healed the fool, back when he belonged to the Hidden Leaf. I healed him so many times. He would douse himself in acid.”

“So that’s how he did it, huh? I couldn’t touch him because he was dunked in acid…” Ekyt muttered, putting a hand to the burn on his cheek. Sakura reached over and began to heal it. It felt better almost instantly.

“If you fought him and lived, then you’ve gotten strong. It’s funny to think, Ekyt, but you’ve really come a long way. If everyone will please excuse us for a moment, I need to speak to Ekyt in peace.”

-

Simply put, Tsunade needed to know how Ekyt was feeling.

“I’m fine, really. Why do you ask?”

The smile. That damn smirk. It was never a good sign. Ekyt was stoic and angsty- not smiley and happy. Even though it’s what his friends wanted to see, they wanted it to be genuine. Not like this. This was…a venomous smile. A poison, consuming Ekyt. But that couldn’t be helped for the moment.

“…It’s nothing. Rest up, and meet Team Gai tomorrow. Now, you’re a jonin, but you’ll be with two other jonins. Gai and Neji’s orders take priority, unless you’re instructed otherwise. This is an S-ranked mission, but it shouldn’t be too hard for you. If you all play nice, that is. Linda will be there- can you handle that?”

Ekyt smirked a little more. “Of course. I can work with just about anyone. You must understand- I’ve spent a week being beaten up by Asuma, Kakashi, a Miko with a mean streak, the Akatsuki, and myself. Linda can’t do anything to me.”

Well, that was certainly an interesting answer. Not the one Tsunade was looking for, but it would have to do. It was better than she’d dared to expect. After a breath, Tsunade continued…

--

Ryouko let himself relax against the fencepost, waiting for Team Gai to show. A group that wouldn’t be late. It was just that Ryouko was earlier. He couldn’t sit around anymore. The thought of the miko’s sister dying bugged him to no end. He had done his best, and it hadn’t been enough. Granted, there was little he could have done, even at full strength.

Stop it, Ryouko scolded himself. You were sick. You still are sick. It’s no one’s fault. All you can do is make up for it. So get your head on straight, kid. You’ve got work to do.

“Such a horrible habit; smoking again?!”

Ryouko exhaled (exaggerating it, of course, to piss off his detractor). “Oh, you came, Linda? Good, I’ve been wanting to talk to you.”

Team Gai had arrived, Linda in tow. She was attached to Lee’s arm, much to the chagrin of Neji.

“Why would you want to talk to me? Need to be abused or something? Weirdo.” Linda frowned. What the hell is this? He usually avoids me like the plague!

“Heh, aren’t you cute, with your false anger? No, actually, I should thank you. I heard some stories from the tournament. Apparently, you stepped in and gave Azami a lecture. I couldn’t believe it. Even though you were trashing me while I was on the ground dying, you still helped. I just want to say I appreciate it, and that it makes us even.”

“EVEN?! YOU OWE ME, SCUMBAG!” Linda roared, grabbing Ekyt’s collar. She gave him a hard shake. “Don’t you dare bring up the past! Don’t you even go there!”

“Oh, I’m going there. If you’ll recall, I bailed you out before we came here. Back when we could get along. I remember because right after that we went our separate ways, more or less. As I recall, I beat up the bad guy who tried to kidnap you, asked you for a date, and you turned me down cold.”

Linda grimaced- she hated remembering this sort of thing.
“Yes, yes, don’t gloat! You did save me that once. Fine, we’re even. But if you EVER bring this up again, I’ll rip your…ahem.”

Lee looked to Ekyt, apparently for answers. “Linda was the target of an attempted kidnapping? When was this?”

Ekyt pulled the cigarette out of his mouth, tapping his chin. “’Bout eight years ago. A year before we both came to the Hidden Leaf. Back then, she and I were the top two in taijutsu in class. Her being number one, of course. I was number two, though not too far behind.”

“Number two, like taking a dump,” Linda growled, giving Ekyt’s arm vicious tug. Then she saw the smile she had been warned about.

“Well, it’s ancient history. Long story short, I pulled my usual stupid stunt, and that as that. At any rate, we should get going, I guess.”

Team Gai had also noticed the smile- it was un-Ekytish. Almost disturbing. But they had been briefed about that, and about his medical condition. They would have to simply keep an eye on him.

--

Haitsuchi (Ashes and Earth) (Fire, Earth)
Mimizu (earthquake) (Female seven sword)
Okayu (Cleaning water)


The Mizukage frowned at the prospect. He hated to do this, but was there a choice? The people were up in arms- those who had been informed. Being a smaller village full of vicious shinobi, unrest couldn’t last, lest the risk of war become apparent.

“The Seven swords…Kisame, Raiga, and Zabuza have been accounted for. Jishinkaminarikajioyaji (earthquakes) has been my aide for years. That leaves the other three…”

But using them is dangerous. VERY dangerous. And the boy who interrupted our ceremony may no longer have possession of the sword…Still, the bounty on his head will be erased if I use the three…
Very well. I will use them- they will bring him back here- alive. And then, from that, we will have our sword returned to us. As well as it’s rightful heir. Katsuyori Akamadori…
The boy must not be allowed to mature. The easiest way to stop him, short of killing him, is to kill the source of his hope. And that’s his teacher.
Either way, the target remains the same. Ekyt Kaguya, you have to die. And you will.


--

Team Gai’s mission was to ensure that the peace was kept in border towns. The rumor that had been passed to the Leaf Village by an informant was that trouble was brewing near the Mist Village. Normally, that would be left up to the Mist authorities, but the trouble was spilling over into the Leaf’s side of things.

“Do you smoke those just to piss me off?!” Linda snarled under her breath.

“Partially,” Ekyt shot back, making sure as he turned that some ash hit her face. “But I also like that they help my chakra. There are other things I could do to piss you off, besides that. Such as talk to you…”

Linda just gave up. Tenten chuckled, and even Neji gave a small grin.

“So, a guardian of the Fire Daimyo, then? Even a second-tier, that’s impressive. Your power of youth must be exceptional!” Gai commented, striking a pose.

“That is right! You should be very proud of yourself!” Lee added, taking up a pose all his own.

“Thanks, Gai-sempai. And you too, Lee. So, how far is this border town?”

“About four hours on foot, at this pace,” Neji said. Then he thought about what Ekyt was doing. “Don’t you dare!”

But Ekyt was going to dare. “Gai-sempai, Lee…We can make it in two hours!”

Ping. A challenge?

“You dick!” Linda snarled. She knew that Lee and Gai couldn’t pass up a challenge. Ekyt knew that, too. He was just going to tick her off.
I hate that guy! I should’ve let that girl kill him!
No, no, better yet- I’ll have the pleasure of killing him! Ugh! A four hour trip in two hours! That prick!


And Lee and Gai were off at top speed.

But that was a mistake.

“NOW!”

Ekyt and the other were on their guards instantly. In front of them stood three Mist shinobi. But one glance and you knew they weren’t average.

The one on the right was about seven feet tall. Across his back was a sword just as long. It was shaped like a butcher’s knife. The black-taped hilt was just barely visible over his bald head.

The girl in the middle was smaller, about five foot four inches, and looked nice. Kind of pretty, even. But a sword was carried lengthwise across her back. It was short, but decorated nicely. Her long blonde hair ran halfway down her back.

The man on the left was of average height. On either side of his waist were two matching swords that flared out in four different directions at the end of each blade. His hair was black and wild, going in every direction, then flattening out at the ends, like a weird tree.

“Who are you?!” Neji demanded. He was in charge here, with Gai and Lee somewhere up ahead. They were still within wireless range. Tenten immediately tapped out an emergency beat with her mic.

“Do you mean our names? Sorry for the lack of manners. My name is Okayu.”

The first one to speak was the one with the wild hair. He made no move toward his swords.

“Okayu, why so formal? Hiya, I’m Mimizu! And you must be our targets!”

This one seemed to be a little ditzy. She was cute in her own way, though.

The last one held up a scroll. On it was “Haitsuchi.” After putting the scroll away, he made handsigns. Everyone was on their guard, except for Linda. She strode to the front of the group and made the signs back.

“Oh! Sign language!” Tenten exclaimed. “I have no idea what they’re saying though…”

“Linda, translate!” Neji barked.

“It’s…good…to…meet…you. We…want…the…one…who…wears…the…sword…” Linda told them, following the handsigns. She frowned, and signed back.

“You mean him?” she said/signed, pointing at Ekyt.

“Afraid so,” Mimizu replied, maybe a little sadly. “I don’t suppose you’d come with a quietly, right? If you did, that would kinda suck, since you wouldn’t live up to your nickname…Dragon Boy. AKA- Ryouko.”

“Right,” agreed Okayu. “Ryouko Kaguya, AKA Ekyt. Charged with stealing a sacred Mist relic.”

Ekyt narrowed his eyes. “Neji, if I might take over as leader for a minute…since they seem to know me…”

Neji nodded his consent, then stepped back. Ekyt continued.

“I am him, but who are you? I’m sorry, let me be specific- what reason do you have to hunt me?”

Mimizu seemed to be the leader, surprisingly enough. “Y’see, you went and took a special sword from us, and then ran off with our hostages. Kinda rude, dontcha think? So, sorry, but you’ve gotta come with us. If you’re a good boy, death won’t hurt!” She even added a cute laugh at the end.

“I took the sword because it’s rightful heir is my student. And I saved him and a friend from a wrongful execution. I know you would do the same. I’m not against the Mist Village.”

Mimizu jumped up to hang from a tree. “Yup, maybe, but you made an awful lotta people angry! So, it’s nothing personal, but we gotta cut you up!”

Ekyt shook his head. “Who are you people? Carrying those swords, I would guess…but you can’t be the seven swordsmen. You look too young- no offense…”

Mimizu looked at the others. “Man, he catches on quick!” She jumped down and landed on Ekyt’s shoulders.
“Thing is, we’re the heirs to the Seven Swordsmen. We’re the sons and daughters of the originals!

Flipping off him, Mimizu landed back on the trail.

“So, you gonna come quietly, or do we gotta get rough with ya?!”

Ekyt couldn’t help but be skeptical- how could this goofy group be the legendary Seven?

“Well, as nice as you are, I’m not coming quietly. And you’re not ever getting the sword. I don’t have it, and I don’t know where it is.”

“Betch’yer lying! Oh well- let’s get ‘im!”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

andr28a on April 27, 2009, 10:21:37 PM

andr28a on
andr28aA friendly mist ninja? Never thought I'd see the day