Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - Plan into Action

This fic begins as a better version of "hell in the land of herbs". But from there, it becomes a regular story. Enjoy!

Chapter 26 - Plan into Action

Chapter 26 - Plan into Action
Master Sarutobi and Master Jiraiya opened up an ornate scroll that was bound with a thick rope. Years earlier, it was one that Naruto Uzumaki had stolen, under false orders from Mizuki, and learned the Shadow Clone Jutsu, which ultimately led to saving his teacher, Iruka. Now, all the forbidden jutsus were at Ekyt’s disposal. There was one in particular that Master Sarutobi pointed out to Ekyt.
“This was only ever used by the First Hokage. But the Akatsuki weren’t a threat then, and you weren’t involved. Make no mistake, this jutsu will be difficult, and you may not even want the advantage it gives. But it’s necessary to learn it. Master Jiraiya will show you and your snake, Shuurai, the other jutsu necessary. If, at any time, you see a jutsu that could be a weapon for you, point it out. I don’t want you using forbidden jutsu. But I don’t want the village to burn, and I don’t want to see you dead. You’ve sworn not to use these jutsu without taking the oath (Protecting his Shinobi way, his life, or the life of another), and you might very well be one of the few who can pull this off. Your ability to do so might save us all. You’ve survived the temptations of Orochimaru and the Akatsuki, and their promises. If any student of mine was trustworthy now…”
Sarutobi reluctantly opened the scroll to the correct jutsu.
“Kokoangyo no Jutsu…Bringer of Darkness?” Ekyt vaguely recalled this jutsu from somewhere, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.
“The First Hokage’s Genjutsu. It causes your opponent to see nothing but darkness, enabling you to strike however and wherever you please, as long as the jutsu isn’t broken. I’m going to use it on you now. When you can throw it off, I’ll teach it to you. It takes a great deal of effort to throw off. Even physical pain inflicted as a means of ending the genjutsu won’t work.”
Master Jiraiya spoke up. “Itachi Uchiha has a jutsu of his own, a sort of rebound jutsu. It allows him to use his chakra to use the same genjutsu on you that you just used on him. He wouldn’t even feel it. It’s called Demonic Illusion: Mirror Heaven and Earth Change. Don’t try this trick on him until he’s worn down.”
Ekyt nodded. He looked back down at the scroll. “I’ve mixed the theory of Rasengan with my own Dragon’s Ember Jutsu, which gives me an A-ranked ninjutsu. My only real weak point is…myself. I can’t FEAR it, but the thought of death disturbs me. More so now. Before, death didn’t even come to mind, I was defending others. Now, with only myself to think about, it worries me.”
Sarutobi re-read the jutsu. “There is a time for thought, and there is a time for action. It is time for action, Ekyt. However, you must NOT speak a word of this to Tsunade…”
“Why not? I won’t, but I’m still curious…she doesn’t trust me, does she?” Ekyt looked impassive, but both Jiraiya and Sarutobi could tell it bothered Ekyt, somehow.
“Tsunade doesn’t trust you. She’s got you on a list to be watched. Thankfully, she trust the two of us. That’s why we have to teach you so quickly. We’re no help to you if we get caught. So, unless Master Sarutobi has anything to add before we begin…” Jiraiya looked over at Sarutobi.
“I do. Ekyt, I haven’t taught forbidden jutsu to anyone before. I want you to know something- you have people who DO believe in you. Never forget that.”
Ekyt nodded gravely. “I’ll never forget them…and I’ll never forsake them.”
Ekyt felt that little surge again- he wanted his chakra back. He would get it, or he would destroy it. Or he would die trying. And if he died, he would sell his life at a high price.



The Akatsuki watched the chakra bubble. They kept it in a four-sealed barrier. It had taken on the shape of it’s owner, but said nothing. The charka’s feet were bubbling, but the ‘chakra clone’ didn’t seem bothered. It simply stared back at the Akatsuki.
“It’s like it knows, un. We’re watching it, it’s watching us. Creepy.” Deidara resisted the urge to set off an explosion near it. They had done that already. The chakra simply made a rude gesture and ignored the explosion. They knew the Kaguya boy would be back for it- so they had to learn all they could about it. If it were implanted in one of them, the damage it could cause would be unreal.
Pein was certain, as he watched the chakra in front of them make another rude gesture, that the boy would be back.
“The question is not whether he will come- it is whether he will come ALONE…or with others. Who is known to associate with him?” Pein asked Itachi, who had frequented Konoha.
“Kakashi’s Team. Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki, and two ANBU agents codenamed “Sai” and “Yamato”. These are the most likely of all of them to show up. His only known family in the area, Kimimaro Kaguya, is in the service of Orochimaru and shows only a vague, detached interest in his cousin, after he was cured of a nearly fatal, unnamed illness. Other allies include-”
“Enough. We have already planted the seeds of discord- soon, the Fifth Hokage will have turned against everyone that was close to the boy. That includes the Jinchuuriki. The Kaguya boy is a stepping stone, nothing more,” Pein said.
“Hasn’t he caused enough trouble? Kisame’s in rough shape, and even Itachi couldn’t get to him, un. Why don’t we just kill him. One of my creations, and the boy will be out of our hair,” Deidara declared. Sasori shot him a glare.
“Really, Deidara? The last time you tried that crap you call ‘art’ on him, he beat you. It took you and Itachi to even get him into that genjutsu. Itachi could have done it by himself. YOU almost jeopardized the whole mission with your art, and the inability to make it effective.”
“Enough!” Pein barked. “You forget- we have the boy’s greatest weapon with us. He has something we want. A trade- and once we get the ring- we kill the boy. If he comes with backup, we engage until it becomes too dangerous. We can’t afford to lose anyone else right now. This means think strategically, and put your egos aside. If retreat is the best option, then retreat. Zettsu, Hidan- you will join me in our next hideout.”
The black-cloaked group nodded as one, and went about their individual assignments.
The emotional chakra melted into a puddle. It bubbled, almost boiling. It reformed into the shape it normally took, a clone of an older Ekyt, and put a hand to it’s ‘heart’.



Ekyt put a hand to his chest. He had finally thrown off the genjutsu. He had his attack with Shuurai down, and was ready to go. That’s when he felt a surge of emotion. It was curious. It was vague and detached, but it was there. But what was it? What was the emotion? Anxiety? Hate?
Urgency.
Ekyt unfolded himself from the seiza position. Wordlessly, he packed up two scrolls he knew he would need, stuffing them into the makimono pouches on his chest. One had two animal prints on it, along with a thumb print from himself. The other scroll was ShoBu, his emotional scroll. Ekyt marveled briefly at that thought, he had somehow bottled up emotions and made them a weapon, but soon forgot that. He seemed to instinctively know where to go.
“Master Sarutobi, Master Jiraiya- I’ve got to go. I just felt another surge of emotions. This time, stronger. I can’t wait anymore.”
Jiraiya nodded to Sarutobi.
“Be careful,” the two Masters said in unison. Ekyt thanked them, then looked at the scroll on the floor, with forbidden jutsus in it. He pointed at it.
“I stole it- alone. You didn’t know what I was doing. You caught me, and I fled. Please, stick to that story if you’re caught. I don’t need two of my last supporters getting caught. And thank you, for everything.”



As soon as he left, Jiraiya keyed a field mic hidden behind his headband.
“He’s moving out, Kakashi.”



Kakashi heard the message. He keyed his mic quickly. “Alright. We’re after him. In the mean time, it might be best to back off from any activities, the Fifth is suspicious of anyone who’s associated with Ekyt.”
Kakashi heard the respond. “I read you. Don’t worry, I’ll have the old bat so pissed at me she won’t give the kid a second thought!”
Somehow, coming from Jiraiya, that wasn’t the most reassuring thing in the world.



Ekyt felt the small feeling of emotion in his chest again. This time, it was a distinct sense of urgency. It chilled Ekyt. Without other emotions to mix with, the urgency was horrible to feel. Ekyt wondered what would happen if he felt hate, or love. The pain, or even the joy, might be unendurable. It occurred to Ekyt that it would be painful to accept his emotions again. It would be like being born again, he guesses. Although, he wasn’t even sure what would happen when he near the chakra. Would it be like the genjutsu? Had the chakra picked a stronger host?
No…it hasn’t left me alone for 19 years, it’s not deserting me now! When I was in my subconscious, I could tell that the ‘older me’ was a representation of my chakra. And it wasn’t malicious, it just couldn’t control it’s power. No matter, I need it, or I need to destroy it- it’s too dangerous. It needs to be sealed inside me, or dispelled altogether.



Sarutobi and Jiraiya watched the boy travel on in Sarutobi’s crystal ball.
“Do you think he’ll figure out that other ability on his own?” Jiraiya asked. “He DOES have Kaguya blood in him, after all. If he managed to figure out that he has that kekkaigenkai…”
Sarutobi had been thinking of the same thing. “Without his second chakra, it’s possible the other kekkaigenkai will show itself. Kekkaigenkai are usually revealed when their user is in danger…if there was ever a time…” Sarutobi didn’t need to continue.
Jiraiya nodded his head, smirking. “It’s a shame you’re retired, Sarutobi. You’re the kind of sensei the boy needs. And your other student, it’s a shame he’s already a Kage somewhere else. There’s so much more he can learn. He has that kind of chakra.”

“That kind? A learning chakra, you mean?” Sarutobi asked, watching Ekyt move along the tree tops. He would soon have to use the ground, as the Akatsuki’s hideout was in a barren wasteland.

“Yep. He doesn’t have the amount of chakra for Rasengan, or he would have learned it by now. He already knows the theory, and used it with his fire jutsu. Geez, you think this guy would be beating off fangirls with a stick!”
Sarutobi made a rare wisecrack. “It wasn’t that way with YOU, Jiraiya. Even with your talent. As I recall, you were kind of lonely…”
Jiraiya (sweatdrop) looked away. “Well, I had my eyes somewhere else, you know that! I should talk to Tsunade…and clear the air. I’ve made things difficult for her, I know.”
Sarutobi didn’t have a clue what Jiraiya was talking about. For now, they both went back to focusing on Ekyt, as if their sheer willpower and belief in him would somehow help him.
Someone believing in him…It made a world of difference with Naruto. Maybe it would help Ekyt, too.



Temari had thought about her talk with Sakura. For all I said, I was really blowing smoke more than anything! I’m too…mean. It’s not that I don’t care, if anything I’m overly dedicated. And no boys have even shown a real interest in me. Shikamaru…that lazy dope…He had me beaten at the chunin exams. We’ve got a lot in common. Then there’s Ekyt…he’s kind of like a brother to me, in a way. But do I want it that way? Do I want more than that? And what about Shikamaru? The one guy I’m SURE I’d like is that cousin of Ekyt’s. But we’re enemies! What am I doing?! Sitting here, feeling sorry for myself. Enough of that! I’ll find that guy in due time. I can’t be the only one to think like this!



Kakashi, Sai, Yamato, Naruto, and Sakura caught up with Ekyt. They didn’t confront him, they just leapt beside him, keeping pace.
“Am I under arrest again?” Ekyt asked quietly.
“Did you really think we’d let you go this one alone? No way, I’m gonna be Hokage, and that means never deserting one of your Villagers, believe it!” Naruto declared. He almost declared himself into a low-hanging tree branch. Sai pulled his head down at the last moment.
“Taking on the Akatsuki alone…that’s something I’d expect from Naruto,” Kakashi said pleasantly.
“I didn’t want to drag anyone else into this. The Akatsuki have my chakra, and if they used it against any of you…I don’t think they COULD, but the possibility…” Ekyt replied.
“That would undermine the purpose of the Shinobi. I believe it is “We don’t let our comrades die,” right?” Sai’s smile was false, but his words were genuine.
“Talent is a factor with the Akatsuki, but so is experience. We have it, you need it. Now, swallow this (hands Ekyt a seed), that way I can find you if trouble really pops up.” Yamato and Sai were as unreadable as Ekyt. Yamato COULD be encouraging.
“And where would all of you be without a medic-nin saving you?” Sakura said, smiling like the Sakura of old.
Ekyt felt the emotion again.
“I’ve got to hurry, this is getting bad. The Akatsuki must be close to some secret of my chakra. I can…feel…urgency.”
“Then let’s speed it up! That chakra’s going home in it’s original packaging, believe it!” Naruto shouted.
“I’m going to send a Wood Clone ahead to scout,” Yamato told Ekyt. Ekyt nodded, going over jutsu after jutsu in his head. Plan after plan. This HAD to work.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hflp on March 6, 2008, 1:50:43 AM

hflp on
hflpCool.