Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 30 - The Leaf in Chaos! (part 1)

This fic begins as a better version of "hell in the land of herbs". But from there, it becomes a regular story. Enjoy!

Chapter 30 - The Leaf in Chaos! (part 1)

Chapter 30 - The Leaf in Chaos! (part 1)
The Raikage and Elder Yakamo found themselves intimidated by the young Hokage. If the Third thought highly of his skills, and had been so vocal in his promotion, there was clearly more than meets the eye.
Naruto led the two, with Sakura on the left, Kakashi on the right, and Yamato taking up the rear. The two captives were restrained with wood.
“Elder Yakamo…Lord Raikage…It is a shame that we aren’t meeting under more welcoming circumstances,” Ekyt offered pleasantly. “But, undeniable proof is undeniable proof. Elder Yakamo, you will be subjected to ANBU’s Interrogation unit. Lord Raikage, you will-”
“I will do nothing you say! You fresh-faced little twerp! My village will crush you! With the help of the Akatsuki and Iwagakure, nothing can stop us!”
Ekyt didn’t move for a moment. Slowly, he raised one hand, already bleeding, and ran his thumb across a scroll. The Raikage flinched, but Ekyt merely used a Summoning Jutsu. A Duel-Summoning Jutsu.
“Shuurai, please inform our…other ally about this development. Umisu, please find the two I designated and alert them to our situation. Tell them not to act hastily, but to keep watch.”
The two summons disappeared to do just that. Ekyt put the scroll away, aware that hundreds of Shinobi eyes were on him.
“I can’t let you threaten this Village. Do not make enemies of us, Lord Raikage.” Lord Hokage’s tone was low and dark, leaving no room for argument. The Raikage broke free suddenly and attacked.
“NOW, MY PEOPLE! ATTACK!” he shouted!
Shinobi poured into the village, all wearing Cloud or Stone hitai-ates. Ekyt was nonplussed. He watched as a swirl of sand appeared next to him. Instantly, Gaara was next to him, his face neutral.
“In accordance with my village’s deal with the Leaf Village…I’m going to kill anyone that thinks of attacking.” Gaara, as always, had an inimitable tone to his voice that was enough to send the strongest Shinobi running for cover.



Naruto was raring to go!
“Shadow Clone Jutsu!” Poof poff poff!
Naruto after Naruto appeared.
“Hey, losers!” they shouted in unison. “You’re messing with the best, Naruto Uzumaki! Believe it!”
Naruto himself was running toward the gates. Even with my clones, we’re outnumbered! I guess I’ve gotta trust Ekyt…ah man, he’s so lucky! Why is he Hokage? Why did they choose him?! It was so quick, and quiet, too…is something up? Where IS Granny Tsunade anyway? Or the Pervy Sage? Is this some plan? Ah, screw it! Let THEM figure it out!
Soon, Naruto wasn’t alone. Sasuke had joined him. Naruto looked over in surprise.
“It’s my village, too, Loser. Try not to slow me down,” Sasuke said, sneering like he used to. Naruto grinned widely.
“Don’t worry about that, Sasuke! If you get hurt, just stand back and watch the REAL master at work!”
Sasuke rolled his eyes, Sharingan now visible. “Whatever. You always talked big, even when you were worthless. Let’s see if you’ve made good on your word. Because, after this stupid invasion is gone, Naruto- I want to fight you again.”
Naruto was taken aback. He’s thinking of a rematch in the middle of an invasion? That’s Sasuke- self-centered! And they called ME annoying, ‘tabeyo!
“Sasuke…never mind, I”ll question you later. Right now, I’ve got a greater need to kick @$$! Believe it!”



Kakashi and Sakura were back to back.
“Any ideas, sensei?” Sakura asked, creating another crater with her fist, to buy time.
“I can’t use Iwagakure’s justu, between the two of us, we’d destroy the village. We’re going to have to do this without my Sharingan. Sakura, you focus on healing our wounded. I’ll handle our attackers…” Kakashi said. He was already forming chakra into his hand, preparing for the Lightning Blade.
“Right!” Sakura replied.
“Don’t forget your genjutsu! Use your ‘release’ technique whenever you come across someone trapped in a genjutsu. And, of course, put that power to work!” Kakashi said with a smile. She’s like a mini-Tsunade. She’s grown so much…It’s strange that she hasn’t mentioned Sasuke. And I think I know why. She’s outgrown being a fangirl. What she needs is a shoulder to cry on right now. And if I’m not mistaken, there’s one boy who’s in the same boat as her. And that boat is named ‘lonely’. Those two…well, some things you have to figure out on your own. A smart girl like Sakura is oblivious to it…oh well, she’s a rare combination of beauty and brains, but even she can’t think of everything. Too bust sorting out and validating her feelings for Sasuke, no doubt.




Gaara created a dome of sand around the Leaf Village. Allies could pass through, but enemies would be enveloped as soon as they touched the sand. Once they were enveloped, there were plenty of ways for them to meet their end. There was the Hyuuga clan, the Main and Branch houses working in tandem. There was the original InoShikaCho, each of them destroying enemies in their own way. In the mean time, Iruka and Temari herded the academy students and new genin into hidden, fortified buildings.
Temari was having an anxiety attack. Gaara…just as I’m getting comfortable…he has to show up! Why?! No matter what, I will NOT leave this village! My brother is still a murderer, even without that demon! And that sensei, Baki, that spineless yes-man. Kankuro, that egotistical prick! And here…there’s some of the nicest people, and the strongest ninjas. It’s just what I’ve always wanted…




The Raikage immediately tried to test Ekyt’s taijutsu. He aimed a lazy straight punch at Ekyt. Ekyt, who didn’t feel like playing, had already discarded his Hokage robe. Under it, he was wearing a partially open kekko gi and his Hakama, which he had tucked into his tabi boots. On his head was a helmet version of his normal headband. The Leaf Village’s symbol shone proudly, even amongst the other metal. Ekyt blocked with his hat. The Raikage leapt backward, his arm killing him. He saw multiple cuts on his arm, and wondered how they got there.
“Razor blades sewn into the fabric…it’s been used for years.” Ekyt’s dry comment was accompanied by him throwing the hat like a giant shuriken at the Raikage, who stepped to the side and gloated.
“You couldn’t hit the ground with your hat!” he taunted. The Hokage he was talking to disappeared. The Raikage looked around, wondering where he was. That was when a foot tagged him across the face, knocking him to the edge of the Hokage mansion. The Raikage righted himself, immediately seeing his error.
When that Hokage put his hat down to block, he used a Shadow Clone Jutsu. The clone threw the hat, as a distraction, while the REAL Hokage snaked his way behind me and nailed me. Not bad for a punk kid. But I’m harder to defeat than that!
The Raikage leapt away from the edge, making handsigns in the air.
“Cloud’s Cutting Strike!” The Raikage’s hand became a yellow blur, aiming for the stunned Hokage. The strike cut right through the young man. Too easy. POOF! Shadow Clone.
Ekyt was already weaving his hands together. As the Raikage turned, his long robe was singed by a fire attack. He saw the Leaf Hokage’s hand jabbed at him, hand rigged.
“Not bad, you little pest! But you’re facing a REAL kage! I’m not some little baby, fresh from the womb!” the irate Raikage called. How can this little kid be giving me trouble?
“You could have fooled me, you cry like one,” Ekyt pointed out. The Raikage took the bait and charged. His hand was glowing with the yellow energy, just like before. Ekyt used his “Dragon’s Circle” jutsu to put fire in his hand. He let it consume his hand as he blocked the Raikage’s strike with a parrying hand. Ekyt aimed for the Raikage’s face with an elbow, but missed narrowly as the Raikage leaned back. The Raikage tried to snap a kick at Ekyt, but Ekyt blocked it with his shin, and used his foot to ‘scoop’ the Raikage’s foot, causing the Raikage to lose his balance. At the same time, Ekyt’s hand swung back across the same arc as the elbow, a ridge hand strike narrowly missing his temple as the Raikage righted himself and did a back handspring. To his surprise, the Hokage stepped in and tried a simple front kick. Raikage dodged backward, leaning as Ekyt’s fist nearly connected with his face. The Raikage landed his first strike when his Cloud’s Cutting Strike Jutsu cut Ekyt on ribs. Nowhere vital, but it hurt, and gave the Raikage time to aim another strike. This one was foiled by an elbow glancing off his forehead, followed by a backfist to the nose, which teared his eyes up. Raikage had sense enough to get out of the way, because a split second later a right roundhouse kick nearly beheaded him.
“Enough of this childish taijutsu! This is a battle between kages! Don’t you know any jutsus?!” Raikage taunted.
“A few,” Ekyt replied grimly. He was so worried about the village that his mind wasn’t in this fight. As the Raikage spoke, Ekyt knew that a mistake. He HAD to focus, or he would be killed.



That was when the relief forces showed up. For the first time in many, many years, the 3 Legendary Sannin were on the same page. Orochimaru, Tsunade, and Jiraiya began clearing out the village. Sound Ninja soon joined the Leaf and Sand villages in their fight, causing quite a stir among the Stone and Cloud Shinobi. They soon breathed a sigh of relief when help came, this time in the form of the Akatsuki.



Sakura focused on the Akatsuki member. It was that puppet master, Sasori. He and his poisons. She had heard Ekyt had matched the two of them up. For some reason, she suddenly felt angry, and protective, all at the same time. Sasori was in HER village, trying to kill HER friends. It wasn’t going to work that way, too many had died today already. Her gloved fist clenched in anger.
“You, the freak with the puppets!” Sakura shouted. Sasori looked at her.
“The little girl who decided to meddle in my affairs with your little boyfriend! I should have just killed you. You see where charity gets you? I have to kill you now, instead.”
Sakura clenched her fist even harder. Sasuke…Naruto…Kakashi-sensei…I’ve been feeling lonely, and depressed. I have no right to have those feelings. I have family (thinks of Naruto and Sasuke), friends ( thinks of Kakashi), and ability! I’ve got a home, a family, and I will do ANYTHING to defend it!
Sakura charged toward Sasori. A puppet clattered to her left. She knew it was laced with a poison, and that she had to dodge it. She did so by jumping, then slamming her fist off the toy-turned-killer. It shattered. Sakura knew enough to destroy it at certain points in front of and behind it’s joints, so the chakra strings would be severed, and the parts would be unusable in some attack from behind.
Sasori seemed vaguely surprised. “You’ve grown.”



Naruto and Sasuke began to clear out the Iwagakure Shinobi that were trying to tunnel into the village. Sasuke’s Sharingan glowed dangerously. In the blink of an eye, he had drawn his sword and cut down three men.
Naruto’s mouth dropped open. Sasuke…he kills so easily, like life means nothing…I’ve never killed…does this mean that Sasuke is more powerful? A true Shinobi?
Naruto’s mind thought back to the Third Hokage. His kind, smiling face, and the words of wisdom that, at the time, sounded lame.
“It’s not hate that will prevail…it’s love, and justice. Taking someone’s life should be a last resort, not your first option. When you take a life, it should be in defense of someone you care about.



The wind picked up. That was thanks to the Raikage’s jutsu. Weather elements. Ekyt was drenched with rain. He immediately saw the tactical sense. If he was soaking wet, a lighting attack would have more effect. Since the rain continued to fall, there was no real way to counter the attack It also put Ekyt’s signature fire jutsus out of the picture for now.
The Raikage darted forward, quick as lightning, and gave Ekyt a hard shot across the face, sending him skidding to the edge of the Hokage Mansion’s roof. His brain still rattled, Ekyt was sent reeling again, with a hard kick to the stomach. He formed a plan as he was being hit. But before he could put it into action, the Raikage caused a jolt of lighting to land just in front of Ekyt. He was falling to the ground.
As he fell, Ekyt quickly made handsigns. “Striking Shadow Snakes!” he called out. Four snakes burst from his wrist. They bit into the building, but they didn’t slow his descent enough. Even though he knew he making himself a target with lightning attacks, Ekyt drew the Striking Serpent Blades. Four snakes from each wrist helped Ekyt hold the blades. He jammed them into the building. The swords sank in, almost hilt-deep But he wasn’t falling anymore. Using the blades (Accented with some chakra) as a springboard, Ekyt leapt upward, landing back on the roof. The blades soon followed, the snakes sheathing them.
Ekyt had to end this damn weather jutsu. Then the obvious hit him.
“Striking Shadow Snakes!” The snakes burst from his wrist again, snaring the Raikage’s hands. Ekyt gave a sharp tug. The Raikage had to let go of his handsign, or his hands would be broken. The sky cleared up immediately.
“Smart move, you little prick! I’m STILL going to kill you! Your Village has suppressed mine for far too long!”
“Because we’re superior? Has it occurred to you that you might try bettering yourself, rather than trying to take us out?” Ekyt started. The Raikage tried to interject, but Ekyt kept going. “No, you listen to me! Do you REALLY believe the Akatsuki will honor this ‘pact’ they signed with you? ONE member has shown up, the most vague gesture of caring possible! They’re using you!”
The Raikage shouted back “Shut up! You know nothing, you young fool! Nothing!”
Ekyt immediately sensed something was wrong. He used a body replacement jutsu just as an enormous axe cut into the ground where he had been. He had wasted his words on a water clone.
“If we’re playing with weapons, I’m more than happy to oblige!” Ekyt drew the Striking Serpent Blades again.



The Village was still fighting, but the tides were beginning to turn. The Sand, Leaf, and Sound Ninja were the best quality. The Three Sannin also on their side, it was quickly becoming apparent that the Stone and Cloud Village were going to get a bigger fight than they bargained for.



“I never thought I’d see the day, Orochimaru,” Jiraiya commented.
“Your Hokage was smart to continue his agreement with my village. How could we say no. Besides, you have something I want, and I’m hardly in a position to take it…rather, him, back by force,” Orochimaru replied.
“You mean Sasuke. Has it crossed your mind that he’s here of his free will? Do you see him in restraints?” Tsunade challenged.
“Sasuke-kun will come back. Deny it all you like Tsunade, but my influence extends too far into him. And our treaty will expire someday.” Orochimaru’s foreboding words were not lost amongst the fight that was growing in front of them.



But a war doesn’t end in hours. With Sakura facing off against Sasori, Sasuke and Naruto distracted, and Ekyt and the Raikage fighting, the very existence of the Leaf Village was at stake.



Dodge, leap, roll. WHAM!
Another puppet destroyed.
“You’ll never get the REAL me!” Sasori shouted mockingly. Sakura had a feeling he was right.
But I can’t give up! This time, I’ve got dreams! This Village has life! And my dreams, and this village, aren’t going to die, not here, not now! CHA!
Sakura knew she would reach her limits sooner rather than later, and she had to think of another way to attack. Wait, wait, that skill that I used against Sasuke-kun…medical jutsu…what if I could mix the two. I could use a genjutsu, then couple it with my own jutsu. But I need a distraction…I’ve got it! Sakura leapt high into the air and reached into her vest. She extracted several exploding tags attached to kunai. As she reached the height of her jump, she threw the kunai into the concentrated mass of clacking puppets. The kunai stuck, and the explosive tags detonated.
Under the cover of smoke, Sakura weaved her hands together. To herself, she said “Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique!” After that, she activated her chakra scalpel and waited.

Sasori cursed. That attack had REALLY hurt his puppet supply. Then he felt the genjutsu. He HAD to release it; Sakura’s damage had been too thorough to use his “Hundred Puppets Attack” jutsu anyway. She’s strong…very strong…and she knows my fighting style, while hers has changed since we last fought…that puts me at a distinct disadvantage. And my partner- where IS that blond idiot?
“Release!” Sasori grumbled.

Sakura had been waiting for that. She smashed the ground, to see which puppets would go sailing, and which one would stay still. She had heard the direction the ‘release’ had come from. The smoke was clearing.
All Sasori saw was an electric blue cut through the smoke. Then, it took out puppet after puppet, slicing them into bits. Before Sasori could move himself, he was cut clean in half. It didn’t kill him. In fact, it could work to his advantage. Sasori made his top half move. He dragged himself over to Sakura and jabbed a sharp, poisoned sword through her back…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment