Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 36 - The Unthinkable Happens

This fic begins as a better version of "hell in the land of herbs". But from there, it becomes a regular story. Enjoy!

Chapter 36 - The Unthinkable Happens

Chapter 36 - The Unthinkable Happens
It took three monthes for Ekyt’s new home to be built. In that time, Team Kakashi was dispatched to watch the Akatsuki. Except for Sakura, that is. (Sai and Yamato were holding down the fort until she was back in action) She was in the care of Team Guy, due to mental duress from that genjutsu. She hated missing the action, but when even Ekyt and Ibikki Morino told her it was necessary, there was nothing she could do, except listen to them and take it easy.

Sakura had been told to soak in the hot springs once a day. Every day, Tenten, or Temari had to accompany her, to make sure nothing happened while to her while she was bathing. It was mostly Tenten drawing this duty. One day, their talk turned from their teams to boys in general.

“They’re clueless!” Tenten and Sakura said at the same time, breaking out in a fit of giggles.

“Yeah, it’s true. Neji STILL hasn’t gotten the guts up to tell me he likes me to my face,” Tenten said, wondering if she would have to spell it out for him. Probably. He’s too ‘tough’ to talk to girls- WHY is that so common? Are we THAT scary? ^^’

“No guy has told me to my face he likes me. Or behind my back…at least not to my knowledge…” Sakura replied, trying not to sound glum. To Tenten’s trained ears, Sakura might as well have shouted her depression.

“Hey, cheer up. I, er, know that at least ONE boy has said that he likes you behind your back. I can’t say who, or even who he told, but apparently, you would be QUITE the catch,” Tenten said teasingly.

“Aw, c’mon Tenten, give me a hint!” Sakura moaned. This is serious! Who likes me?!

“Welllll…Okay, I guess. He’s never dated before,” Tenten said with another wink. She knew darn well that her clue was no help.

“Aw c’mon, that could be Naruto, or Ekyt…or Sasuke!” Sakura replied, sinking into the water. But the thought had cheered her up.

“Speak of the devil, have you seen what Ekyt is making himself?” Tenten asked, stretching out a leg to wash it.

“Huh? No, I haven’t. What’s he up to?” Sakura asked, washing her chest, hidden by the water. She had grown, but still…I’d imagine every girl is uncomfortable with the size of…those…

(AUTHOR’S NOTE: THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE PERVERTED. I’M NOT FEMALE, SO I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THEY THINK. LOL, PROB WHY I’M SINGLE! ANYWAY, THIS WAS JUST MEANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE MILDY-PERVERTED ‘NARUTO’ MOMENTS. IF ANYONE FINDS IT OFFENSIVE, I WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE IF IT IS FOUND OFFENSIVE. –NG_

“It’s this monsterous…something! Lee was telling me about it. It’s on the far side of the village, hiding by this outcrop of mountain, near the Hokage Faces. Pretty strange that he would build this three-story bachelor pad,” Tenten said with a laugh.

“It must be some bachelor pad!” Sakura replied, kind of surprised. “I wonder what he’ll do with all that space?”

Tenten saw a chance to rib her friend, and couldn’t resist.
“Maybe he wants to have a family…and some privacy while that family is being created…hmmm, Sakura? You gonna be the mommy? Gonna play ‘R-rated ‘house’’”

“Shut up!” Sakura said, finally laughing.

“Say what you want, Sakura…maybe some other girl will wind up with him. Temari…or Ino, even.” Tenten smirked, hoping to get a rise out of Sakura.

Sakura ignored that. “What about you, huh Tenten? I’ve heard you call him cute. And you say you study with him. Are you SURE that’s all that’s happening, hmmmm?”

“Okay, okay, you win!” Tenten said, blushing furiously. “We really DO study, that’s it. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy, though. But, either way, what say we check out this monstrosity of his, see what it looks like? It’s been nearly 3 monthes, Lee told me it’s almost done.”




As the kunoichi were on their way, there were two things happening: Team Kakashi was coming back. Number two; Ekyt and Lee were fighting. This time, there was a bet in place.

“It is agreed, then. If YOU win, I will get Gai-sensei to change his opinion of you (Gai decided to hate Ekyt after the whole “Hokage” mess). Now, if I win…” Lee stopped, and smirked.

“Yes?” Ekyt asked, kind of worried.

“You tell Sakura-chan how you feel,” Lee replied. Before Ekyt could say “no chance in hell”, Lee grabbed his hand and shook it.

“It is settled! Taijutsu vs. Taijutsu! Let us begin!” Lee declared, smirking. Even if I lose, I do not lose anything of value. If I win, then I help Ekyt-kun admit his feelings. This will be interesting! I cannot lose! I have never lost in a taijutsu vs taijutsu contest against Ekyt-kun, and I will not lose this time!

“Lee…damn, I guess you got me,” Ekyt muttered. Telling her can’t be THAT bad, can it? “Oops, hold off, Lee, we’ve got company.” Ekyt pointed to the two approaching kunoichi.

“Hey, guys, what are you up to?” Tenten asked, smirking at Sakura. Sakura smirked right back.

“And- WHOA! What IS this place?” Sakura was in awe- the place was huge!

“Oh, my, (cough) home…dojo…gym…whatever you want to call it,” Ekyt told them.

“What are you gonna do with all that space?” Sakura asked.

“No idea. But I wanted to build it, for some reason. Go figure,” Ekyt said with a shrug.



Next, here came Team Kakashi. For some reason, Sasuke seemed…different. No scars or anything ,and Ekyt didn’t sense any chakra change. But he walked more…confidently. It was unnerving. But Ekyt brushed it off as not being used to having Sasuke on their side again. So he turned his attention to his fight with Lee.

“Why not give them the tour after our fight? I have been waiting for this!” Lee was already stretching and jumping around.



SO it was on.



Lee was faster than Ekyt, but Ekyt knew more techniques. Both of them zipped around the open area in front of Ekyt’s home. Kakashi and Sasuke watched with their Sharingan, while the girls occasionally cheered.

“Nice shot!” Ekyt called when Lee cracked him in the mouth. He righted himself as he sailed through the air, kicking off a tree, ducking a punch from Lee, then hitting Lee hard with a shot to the gut. Ekyt tried for an elbow, but thwarted with a crescent kick. Ekyt returned a cresecent kick, which he then turned into a roundhouse, stunning Lee. But Lee was waiting for this opening. As Ekyt used his heel to kick at Lee’s stomach (a shot he landed), Lee returned the favor with a Konoha whirlwind. He trapped Ekyt in the lotus.
This was too easy…what got to Ekyt? He is usually more formidable… Just as he spiked Ekyt head-first into the ground, he saw what was so troubling.




“Good fight?” Sasuke muttered to Sakura.

“Yeah…” Sakura said back. She had hardly spoken to Sasuke since he came back. She wasn’t angry with him, there just wasn’t anything to say.

“Hm,” Sasuke said in reply. Then, he turned and did the unthinkable.

-Kiss-

Sasuke kissed the shocked Sakura, while Tenten’s mouth dropped open in surprise.




-Kiss-

Ekyt saw this, and immediately hid his emotion. I guess this means that the bet is off…It figures. I finally get the guts to tell her…Maybe it was just infatuation, and not love. Either way…




Lee helped Ekyt up, who actually required smelling salts.

“Damn…that hurt…” Ekyt said, speech slightly slurred from his jaw hurting.

“The bet is off…” Lee said quietly.

“I thought so. Sorry Lee. I’m just not in the mood to give you a match…” Ekyt bowed quickly. He seemed to do an about-face mood-wise.
“So, the tour, if anyone’s interested…”




The house was incredible. The rooftop garden, the third floor bedrooms, the second floor gym, and the first floor parlor/kitchen/dining room. All of it crafted in a traditional Japanese style.

“…and that’s the tour. Did I miss anything?” Ekyt asked, looking around as if to confirm the suspicion himself.

“Yeah. How the hell did you afford this?” Naruto asked. He seemed to be perennially broke, so how did Ekyt manage it?

“Oh, this? I’ve just saved everything I’ve earned. It’s easy when your only vice is studying,” Ekyt said with a grin.

“What about the basement?” Sakura asked, still reeling from the kiss.

“That’s not ready yet,” Ekyt replied, almost too quickly. “It’s a disaster down there. Kind of dangerous, loose boards and nails.”




After everyone left and Ekyt had waved goodbye, he locked the door, and walked to the kitchen. Opening a cupboard, he downed a quick cup of sake, looking out the window.
Well, she’s happy…I would have only dragged her down with me, anyway… Ekyt knew that, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t dismiss this as nothing. Whenever he thought of Sasuke kissing Sakura, Ekyt’s blood boiled. Without thinking, Ekyt squeezed a glass in his hand. It shattered all over the place, and cut up his hand pretty good. He decided it was time to go to the basement.

The basement was no great secret, but Ekyt wanted to keep it to himself. He made his way downstairs. At the bottom of the stairs, Ekyt removed his shoes, then used a False Surroundings Genjutsu on the stairs. Once he was satisfied, he began to walk barefoot on the tatami mats.
The room was big, and empty, save for countless candle holders on the wall. In the center of the room, there were two silver candle holders, with two short candles in them. Ekyt lit them with a fire jutsu. Satisfied, Ekyt pulled off his vest, shirt, and pants, wearing only his tactical shorts. He had to organize his thoughts- now. He considered calling on his subconscious self, but decided this had to be his, and only his, decision, and only his thoughts. For once, advice was out of the question, though he was sure someone could be of help.

Okay…Sakura and Sasuke are together…just as you’re about to admit that you…may have been in love with Sakura. So, that’s out of the question. You’re a warrior. You’ve seen what love does to warriors…it either drives them, or ruins them. You’ve got drive, you don’t need more. You’ll be fine. You’ve had worse than this. But the last time something like this happened, you had the village behind you. When Linda…no no no! Stop thinking of that! You had support last time. You’d have support this time…but how can you ask for support, when your biggest supporter is the object of your affection? It can’t happen. That means Sakura is out, and so is Naruto and Sasuke. Kakashi, sure, but he’s too busy. For once I truly…am alone. With Lee comes Linda. With Temari comes Shikamaru (and that little crush on Temari- she’s with Shikamaru, everyone knows it but them). Then it’s settled- I live alone, I fight alone. And I’ll train alone. Lee has other sparring partners. After the match I gave him today, I’m too ashamed to fight him again. I can’t believe I let myself get distracted by a friend having a dream come true! What kind of selfish bastard does that? And why…did I suddenly need people. When I was a vigilante, I never needed anyone but myself…It’s time to be that person again. I’ve gotten lazy, and dependant on people. It won’t happen again…

Ekyt nodded to himself, once firmly. NOW he needed to get dressed again. It was time to take a mission to get away, to clear his head. He couldn’t sulk in his dojo forever.



Sakura brushed her hair until it was perfect. Her clothes were laid out. Her first date, and it was with Sasuke! What had gotten into him?! Not that Sakura CARED, she was officially the girlfriend of Sasuke Uchiha!

“Sasuke kissed me! I’ve waited SO long for this!” she cheered to herself. She heard a ‘tok’ sound on her roof.

“Huh?” Sakura got up to look out the window. She saw the fading, blurred form of Ekyt.

“That kid, always training! He needs a girlfriend!” Sakura said with a giggle.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hflp on March 23, 2008, 2:31:20 AM

hflp on
hflpWill Ekyt EVER catch a break?!