Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Lot's of different fics here. Naruto meets Ouran High School Host club. Love Hina, Negima, Happy Seven, etc, all to come soon.

Chapter 2 - Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Chapter 2 - Negima: Magister Negi Magi
“A new student, Takamichi?”

Ten year old Negi Springfield, a wizard from England and a genius boy entrusted with teaching English to Class 3-A in the prestigious Mahora Academy- in Japan. That’s who was speaking to the older professor, Takamichi T. Takahata. It wasn’t everyday class 3-A got a new student.

“That’s right, Negi,” Takamichi replied, cigarette in hand.

“Another rowdy female. Well, since Chao Lingshen has left, we have the room, I suppose.”

“Not quite, Negi,” Takamichi said. “This one’s a boy.”

“A b-boy, sir?”

“Yes. And he’s being entrusted to you personally- you see, he may be a magician. But he’s not aware of it. That’s why he’s being sent here. Even though this is an all-girl’s academy, there are a lot of magical personnel here. If he discovers his secret, then what better place? He’ll have you to learn from. That’s why he’s in your capable hands, Negi.”

Negi gripped the staff from his Father, the Thousand Master. “I’ll do my best, Takamichi.”

--

The next day, it appeared word had traveled fast. The girls of 3-A were already talking about the new student.

“I hope he’s cute!” Makie Sasaki said happily, twirling her baton gracefully.

“I hope he new baka ranger. It less lonely after school with more,” Ku Fei added in her broken Japanese.

“He won’t be as cute as Negi-sensei, but he WILL eliminate some of the competition for him…” Ayaka, the class representative thought aloud, to giggles from Konoka Konoe.

“What about you, Asuna? What do you think?” Konoka asked the red-haired girl that wore bells in her ponytails.

“I hope he’s not another brat like Negi. One of those…things is enough! I’m just getting used to him!” Asuna groaned. Negi was more or less her responsibility- she didn’t want another boy to take care of.

The doors slid open. In walked Negi-sensei. Behind him came two guys- one who had to be a student.

“Class, please rise and greet our newest student. Netsubou Kimihiro.”

The class looked at the newest boy in class. He had thick brown hair, and wore a black and white uniform with a purple and black tie (The school colors). He was hunched forward slightly, and his eyes were burden with bags underneath them. But he looked nervous, and he was already blushing.

They don’t make girls like this in America! All these girls seem so…mature! thought Kimihiro. He was blushing even more. Kimihiro…fifteen years old. Likes: Martial arts, girls. Dislikes: Liars, criminals. But most of all…

I’m scared of girls!


Kimihiro never had luck with girls in America. Not least of all because none seemed to like him. Truth be told, that was true both ways. Kimihiro didn’t like most American girls. Obsessed with glamour and glitz; or one-tracked minds on sex- granted, his dealings with females were rare, but still.

But man, Japanese girls are so different! Cute, mature- wish we had uniforms like these for girls back home! Well, I’ve always liked Japan anyway. Let’s try to make a good impression. And where’d the name Kimihiro come from? That sure as heck wasn’t my name back home!

“Pleased meet all you. Forward look learning with all…wait, damn, that’s not right…”

The class burst into laughter. Ku Fei was thrilled. “Yes! He be Baka White!”

Negi smiled kindly; Japanese wasn’t his first language either, but he did better than that.
“You’ll get the hang of Japanese, Kimihiro-san. In my class, I daresay you’ll have an advantage.”

“Thank you, Negi-sensei. I’ll try my best.” Kimihiro switched to English with Negi- he didn’t want to accidentally call the teacher a retard or something.

“Let me see…I have two empty spots. One where Chao-san sat, and one next to Eva…Oh dear.”

“Hey! Boya! Put him next to me!” Evangeline shouted from the back, smirking nastily. Funny thing about Evangeline- she was a vampire, hundreds of years old. A complicated curse forced her to stay in school. The one who cursed her- Negi’s father.

“Er, Evangeline-san, are you sure that-”

“Do it, Negi-bozu. I’ll see that he learns Japanese…”

Kimihiro was suddenly nervous. This class is drop-dead gorgeous! Oh man, I sound like a pervert! Then again, I’m a boy who just got dropped into heaven!

“Negi-sensei, it’s fine with me.” Kimihiro didn’t know the danger he had just put himself in. He took his place, and class began.

-

“Translate the following passage into English: Jinsei nanakorobi, ya’oki. Let me see…” Negi saw a hand up in the back of the room, belonging to his new student. “Yes, Kimihiro-san?”

“Life is falling down seven times, getting up eight,” Kimihiro recited.

“I’m impressed, Kimihiro-san!” Negi said happily. “I thought you didn’t understand Japanese?”

“I don’t speak it very well, but I can understand some of it,” Kimihiro answered sheepishly. “That’s a phrase I use in martial arts.”

BRRRINNNGGG!

“Class is dismissed. Kimihiro-san, may I have a word? Oh, Baka Rangers, please don’t leave yet!”

With a grumble, Ku Fei, Asuna Kagarazaka, Makie Sasaki, Kaede Nagase, and Yue Ayase sat back down. The rest of the class left, a few of them saying kind words to Kimihiro. One of them was Tatsumiya Mana. She and Kimihiro were around the same height. Tatsumiya spoke lots of languages, so she offered some kind words in English.

“Welcome to our class. Your bad luck getting seated next to the vampire, though. You can always pay me for protection. But, in any case, welcome.”

“Vampire?” Kimihiro wasn’t sure he heard that right, despite Tatsumiya speaking English.

“Er, yes, Evangeline-san is a vampire. But, um, don’t worry until the full moon!” Negi started to panic that Tatsumiya had spilled the beans. “Now, since you’re new, I’ve asked you to stay with our Baka Rangers. Of course, you’re here for the opposite reason- they need to learn English, and you need to learn Japanese. Perhaps one of them will be willing to teach you. But not Ku Fei-san, she still has trouble. You might ask her if you want to learn martial arts, or Chinese.”

“Is true, I no very good speak Japanese,” Ku said with a laugh.

“That makes two of us,” Kimihiro said. That’s when he met the gaze of the redhead, Asuna.

Asuna didn’t like kids. But Kimihiro was her age, so she didn’t come off with an attitude, as she had with Negi.

“Welcome, Baka White,” Asuna greeted to a chorus of laughs.

“That’s Asuna-san,” Negi supplied helpfully. “She’s not as scary as she looks.”

“WHADDAYA MEAN BY THAT, SHRIMP?!” Asuna shouted. Kimihiro was pretty sure Negi was wrong- she WAS as scary as she looked right about now!

“Your bells are charming,” Kimihiro said, hoping he had said ‘bells’ and not something else. Watch me have said ‘breasts’ or something. That’d be my luck!

“Oh, thank you. They were a gift.” Asuna tapped them, making them clang in a pleasant pitch.

“Next we have Kaede Nagase.”

A girl with mostly closed eyes and a permanent smile nodded her greeting.

“Hi, I’m Makie!” said the pink-haired girl, twirling her baton. She was one of the many in class to have a crush on Negi, so she wasn’t disturbed by the new boy in class. She was friendly by nature (Most of the girls were) and energetic (again, like most of the girls), and accepting.

“And I’m Yue,” said a short girl with blue hair tied back into two long pony tails. The girl spoke as if she were asleep, or in a trance. She also seemed to be drinking a mix of chicken broth and milk in a juice box. Kimihiro didn’t say anything about that- the label was in Japanese, and he might have read it wrong.

“Right then. I’ve asked Class Rep-san to come and watch for a few moments while I speak with our new student,” Negi announced. Asuna groaned loudly, banging her head against the table.

“Watch it, Bells! Just because you have the emotional stability of a three year old doesn’t mean you should act like that in front of our new classmate!” the tall blond, Ayaka Yukihiro reprimanded.

“What’d you say, you peroxide blonde?!” Asuna shot back, instantly standing up.

“Nothing you shouldn’t already know, Red! Insult me again and I’ll make you bald!”

“Girls, please!” Negi pleaded. But he was drowned out as the two girls rushed each other and locked hands, still yelling insulty.

“Bimbo!”

“Grandfather complex!”

“Jail bait!”

A whisp of Asuna’s hair caught Negi’s nose. As he sneezed, a gust of wind came in the room and blew both girls skirt’s up. The girls and Kimihiro blushed.

“AGAIN WITH THAT?!” Asuna shouted, forgetting Ayaka and grabbing Negi around the head.

“I’m sorry, Asuna-san! I didn’t mean to!” Negi protested, his sentence punctuated with ‘ow ow ow’!

“Is it your personal goal to have EVERY guy on campus see my panties?!” Asuna yelled even louder.

Kimihiro was a healthy fifteen year old. His innocence was fully in-tact, but so was his curiosity. He just stood there and blushed for a moment.

“Er, Asuna-san, was it? Um, you’re going to kill sensei…” Kimihiro chanced, seeing Negi turn red.

“What do you expect from a violent ape-girl?” Ayaka supplied. “I hope Negi-sensei likes black lace…Oh!”

Kimihiro pretended he hadn’t heard that- clearly the girls needed time to get used to having another guy in glass. Ayaka apologized, then pried Asuna’s hand off Negi’s head.

“Negi-sensei, leave it to me! Have your chat with Kimihiro-kun!” Ayaka had calmed down, and Asuna seemed to feel better after shaking Negi for a minute or so.

“Thank you, Rep-san! Please come with me, Kimihiro-san,” Negi spoke in English. Under his breath, he muttered something in Latin, then put a hand on Kimihiro’s forehead.

“Do you believe in magic?” Negi asked.

“Magic? Well, sort of. I mean, not like ‘mystical’ magic. The sleight of hand stuff on TV, yeah.”

Kimihiro’s mind told a different story. But that would explain all the weird stuff that’s happened…black lace? No no no, bad thoughts, bad thoughts! Magic…is that so unbelievable. Not really. Pink bear panties…that was Asuna, right? Gah! Damn, I’ve got to stop thinking that!

Negi took his hand off Kimihiro’s forehead. I can sense magic in him. But how do I make him aware of it?

“Psst, Aniki!”

Negi turned his eyes toward his right should. There was Albert Chamomile (Better known as ‘Chamo-kun), a white ermine with an eye for magic. He was rarely away from Negi’s side.

“Aniki, no doubt about it, this guy’s got magic in his blood! If we can get him into the Pactio thing, we can make sure you and the ne-chan’s are safer!”

“Right Chamo-kun, but how do we prove it- hey!”

Chamo leapt onto Kimihiro’s shoulder, a cigarette in his mouth.

“Hey there kid! I’m Albert Chamomile, but you can call me ‘Chamo’. Who’re you? I didn’t catch your name while you were talking to my big brother.”

Kimihiro’s jaw dropped. “Uh, I’m Kimihiro…pardon me, Chamo-kun (that’s right, isn’t it?), but what are you? And why can I understand you?”

Chamo leapt back onto Negi’s shoulder. “I’m an ermine. And I, my friend, am the proof you need- magic is real! And guess what else- you can perform it!”

“Say what?!” Kimihiro looked to Negi, who nodded.

“I was going to tell you more subtely, but Chamo-kun is right. Here, proof magic is real. Sagita magica una lucis!”

An arrow made of something Kimihiro couldn’t quite make out (was it wind?!) shot across the empty room the three had strolled to. It knocked a pencil off the edge of a desk. Kimihiro was convinced.

“So that’s why I’m here…instead of prison…because it wasn’t my fault…”

“Er, why would you be in prison?” Negi wanted to know. Kimihiro had turned a rather sickly shade of green.

“It’s kind of akward to explain, but I’ll try. See, one day I was in school (my old school, I mean), and a group of bullies corned me. They all had knives. I forgot all my martial arts and panicked. All of a sudden, the bullies hands were all badly burned. The next thing I knew, I was running forward and punching- but my fist was crackling with energy! Fire, to be precise. I thought it was Ki, but I hadn’t focused any…I didn’t know what happened. But then I got expelled for burning the students hands. But I didn’t do it! Or, not intentionally!” Kimihiro had taken a seat, then sighed. “I was told then I was being transferred here. And that was it.”

“So, a fire user! That’s great! Aniki uses wind, you’ll compliment each other perfectly! Even better, you’re a martial artist! Heh heh heh, now we need to get you some probationary contracts!”

“Chamo-kun, it’s too soon! None of the girls will agree to kiss him!” Negi protested. Kimihiro was lost.

“K-kiss? They won’t agree now OR later! Girls just don’t get me, and I don’t get them (Big sigh).”

“We need a laid-back Ne-chan…let’s see…Commander Tatsumiya…nah, she’d make you pay first. You okay with that, kid?” Chamo asked Kimihiro.

“Huh? Commander?- Hell no, it’s my first kiss!” Kimihiro exclaimed.

“Alright, alright. Let’s see…Setsuna’s too wound up…then again, she might be perfect. You know how to use a sword, kid?” Chamo was really flying now- he seemed to love to see people making probationary contracts.

“Sure I do, what kind do you mean?”

“PERFECT! C’mon Aniki, take him to Setsuna!”

--

Setsuna balked immediately.

“What?! One of these pactio things again? But I already made one!”

“True enough, Ne-chan, but with TWO contracts, you can protect Konoka; er, Ojou-sama better. More power, right?” Chamo knew what motivated Setsuna Sakurazaki.

“Well…for Kono-chan…I mean, Ojou-sama…I guess…”

“Please don’t feel pressured to do this, Setsuna-san. As much as I’d love my first kiss to be with a beautiful girl like you, I certainly don’t want to force you into anything.” Kimihiro wriggled uncomfortably- Setsuna was one of the first girls he had REALLY seen. She was one of the few who looked clearly Japanese, but she was that much more cute for it. And the fact that she did martial arts…

…means that I might have half a chance with her! But not like this! Not forced!

Setsuna hadn’t heard those words from a boy before. She found herself blushing heavily.

“Er, well, I mean…it’s fine, really, I don’t mind. Besides, my skills might get dull, and if you can use a sword…maybe we can train together sometime?” Setsuna was really interested in a training partner. She could sense Kimihiro’s Ki, and it was very developed, meaning that if he wasn’t strong, he COULD be.

“Your Ki is very strong; I’m not sure I’d stand a chance against you,” Kimihiro said, quiet truthfully. “What’s a pactio do anyway?”

“Kiss now, explanation later!” Chamo said. He was already in the midst of drawing a hexagram underneath Setsuna and Kimihiro. “Oh, and no half-assed kissing! Mouth to mouth, kids! Even better if you throw in a little tongue! (heh heh heh)”

“I caught you, vermin ermine!”

Asuna barreled into the room and squashed Chamo. “Don’t do that to the new guy, what’s wrong with you?!”

“Asuna-san, it’s okay. He’s, er, well…a potential wizard,” Negi admitted. Asuna and wizards tended to not get along very well, and he didn’t want that to be the case. He needed the two on good terms in class.

“Huh?! ‘Potential Wizard’? What’s that mean?”

“He’s not sure yet, Ane-san. The kid has a chance, but he didn’t even know about magic until now,” Chamo informed Asuna. Asuna looked at Kimihiro. She stepped back.

“Alright, it’s done!” Chamo declared. A golden light came up from the ground below Setsuna and Kimihiro. Setsuna’s skirt and Kimihiro’s tie flew in the air. Their eyes met, confirming their targets. They both leaned forward. Neither one was experienced when it came to kissing. (Kiss count: Setsuna- 2; Kimihiro- 1) But they locked lips (Neither one knew that Chamo-kun was only kidding about the tongue part) and held it. The light intensified. Chamo declared ‘Pactio!’.

“Alright, Aniki! Another one to fight on the side of good!”

Setsuna and Kimihiro were wondering when they could stop kissing. Chamo had ‘forgotten’ to tell them.

“Enough already!” Asuna pushed the two apart. “How long were you two gonna swap spit, anyway?!”

Chamo smirked. “You’re a little jealous, aren’tcha Ane-san?! You want the next pactio?”

“I do not, you pervert ermine! Er…no offense, Kimihiro-kun.”

“N-none taken,” Kimihiro said, his voice dripping with a mix of wonder and happiness. He turned to Setsuna and bowed, blushing a violent crimson.

“Thank you very much!” he blurted out in English. Setsuna knew enough of English to understand him, but she replied in Japanese.

“It’s fine. Now I can protect Ojou-sama better. Thank you!”

--

“So, this card does all that?” Kimihiro was amazed, to put it mildly.

“Yep. Teleportation, Telepathy, and Setsuna-nesan gets a little of your power, plus an artifact. She got a sword, of course, since you two both are into that whole hack n’ slash thing.”

“So that makes her a ‘Ministra Magi’? Did I get that right?”

“That’s correct. Now then, where will you be staying?” Negi asked, playing the concerned teacher.

“Well, Evangeline-san offered to put me up…”

“NO!” Negi yelled. “You don’t want to do that!”

The ‘Evangeline-san’ in question was right behind Negi when he yelled.

“WHY doesn’t he want to do that, Boya? The rent is cheap…Just a little bite on the neck every night…”

Kimihiro hadn’t heard that part of the deal. “Er, what?”

“Mistress is a vampire,” came a female yet robotic voice.

“Oh! Chachamaru-san, you came, too?” Negi said. He then introduced Kimihiro to Chachamaru. “Chachamaru-san is a robot, and her mistress is Evangeline-san, a vampire.”

Blink.

“Okay, now I’m a little freaked,” Kimihiro admitted. “We’ve got a bunch of magical people…and robots? Just what the hell is this place?”

“Welcome to Mahora Academy, kiddo!” Evangeline told Kimihiro. “This place is pretty magical, so you’d do well to keep making magical friends, like Boya over there. And of course, myself. They don’t come more powerful than me!”

“That’s why Negi totally kicked your tiny @$$!” Asuna muttered. Evangeline heard, and Asuna was in her second fight of the day.

“Cup of tea, sensei?” Kimihiro offered, needing to get something hot and calming in him.

So they sent me here to learn to fight with magic…this is going to take some getting use to…

Author’s notes:

This is my first try at making a fic out of Negima. I’ll do my best to keep up the standard set by the creator, Ken Akamatsu, as I’m a huge fan of his work. Please be patient with me as I learn to write in an a different style. I hope you’ll be entertained- if you are, ask for more!

I’ve decided to include my notes about Kimihiro. You’ll notice he’s similar to Ekyt/Ryouko/Holmes from my other fics, but he has a few different traits (Such as he can be blatantly perverted at times ^^’ )

Kimihiro Netsubou
Age 15
Practices four martial arts
Brown hair, hazel eyes, bags under the eyes (Small ones)
Likes girls but can’t understand them, at least at first.
From America, he has trouble speaking Japanese.
Crushes on several girls.
Befriends Negi, Setsuna, Konoka, Asuna, and Takamichi early
Dresses in black dress pants, white shirt, and red and black tie.
The girls like Negi best, but they don’t dislike Kimihiro either. Most call him ‘Kimi-kun’ to make him blush. Some mess with him but really like him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment