Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Tsubasa/XXXHolic/Naruto

Lot's of different fics here. Naruto meets Ouran High School Host club. Love Hina, Negima, Happy Seven, etc, all to come soon.

Chapter 3 - Tsubasa/XXXHolic/Naruto

Chapter 3 - Tsubasa/XXXHolic/Naruto
A mix of the three in the title. Please comment and enjoy!
-NG

“Watanuki!”

Watanuki gritted his teeth to answer his ‘owner’s’ call. The Dimension Witch, the Space/Time Witch, whatever you called her, she was a powerful woman.

“Yes, Yuko-san?” Watanuki asked, dodging Moro and Maru as they danced around, chanting his name.

Yuko was sitting in her smoke-filled parlor. Or maybe it was Chi-filled. Watanuki couldn’t tell. Domeki could, of course! Being perfect and all! I hate that guy!

“Watanuki, in the storage room, please take out my special notebook. It’s bound in black leather, and written in blood. You’ll know it…or rather, sense it, when you see it. I’m expecting someone…he’ll be coming very soon.”

Watanuki hadn’t seen Yuko so preoccupied in a long time. He actually hurried up to obey, despite the fact that this book scared him. He HAD sensed it once, when cleaning out the back rooms. But it didn’t feel evil. Not even sad. Just…powerful and mysterious. A lot of what Yuko owned was mysterious…

Yuko petted the Black Mokona.

“Mokona, do you sense him yet?” Yuko asked the black pork bun-looking thing that was seated on the armrest of her chair.

“Mokona will go ‘boink’ when Mokona senses him!” the black Mokona replied happily. Maru and Moro chanted ‘boink’ for a while. Yuko enjoyed the enthusiasm. But it was too hot for her to partake herself.

“He’ll come…”

--

Ryouko made his rounds, his heart really not in this.

Damn it…ever since Sasuke came back, Sakura’s been getting weaker…but I can’t prove that it’s Sasuke! How do I do this?

Ryouko bit his thumb nervously. Despite his talent, he was a low-ranked ninja in the Hidden Leaf. However, he DID stand out in Anbu Torture/Interrogation, under Ibikki Morino. It wasn’t that Ryouko was sadistic. He was bright and perceptive, though, and that was what his job entailed.

Damn that Sasuke, he’s good! I know it’s him doing this! If I could get away for help, only Naruto would believe me, and be able to keep Sasuke at bay while I was gone…

“Ryouko-san! Please, come quickly! It’s Sakura-san!”

Ryouko stopped his pacing and took off at top speed. Any news about Sakura had been bad, and he feared the worst each time he heard something new.

--

“It’s a mystery. I don’t know how she got like this. We were on a mission, and she just…collapsed.”

Sasuke was explaining his story to all who had come. When Ryouko came, Sasuke stopped talking and glared at him. Ryouko pushed past him without a word, putting two fingers up to his eye.

“Remote Body Search!”

After only a few minutes, Ryouko came to a conclusion: Whatever Sasuke had done was in her brain, and she could only be saved with very special treatment. And Ryouko was going to do what it took to GET her that treatment.

“Naruto…I’m giving you an S-ranked mission to not leave Sakura’s side, not for a second…I’m going to get a cure. I don’t know how long I’ll be gone…but I WILL be back with a cure!”

Ryouko took off, giving Sasuke a glare on his way out. Adjusting his trench coat on his shoulders, Ryouko made his move. He had heard of a fortune teller of sorts. It was a long shot, but it was Ryouko’s best shot. He had to trust this fortune teller, or whatever she was. It was the only way to save Sakura.

--

BOINK!

Yuko smiled at Mokona. “So he HAS come. Mokona, where is the white Mokona?”

The black Mokona opened it’s mouth, and a projection came out. On the other end, a white Mokona popped it’s head into view.

“Yuko!” it exclaimed happily.

“Hello Mokona! I’ve got a surprise for your group! But first…where are you?” Yuko leaned forward, a little excited.

“Mokona isn’t sure, but Mokona knows the name of the land is ‘Ryuuza’!” Mokona made a serious face as it thought.

“Thank you Mokona. Stand by for a special gift, okay?”

Yuko called for Watanuki.

“Yes, Yuko-san? Oh, I have your book.” Watanuki handed over the book, curious as to why Yuko wanted it.

“Thank you, Watanuki. Kindly take one of the long coats from the closet, and make sure it will fit a boy about your size. We’re going to get another wish-maker…Histsuzen.”

Sure enough, the door to Yuko’s shop opened. She raised her eyebrows at the mask the boy was wearing. But his humility was enough for her. He was already on his knees.

“You must be the Space/Time Witch…if the stories are true…”

Yuko laid her head on her hand. “I am. And who are you?”

“My name is Ryouko! I’ve come here with-”

“With a wish. Yes, I’ve been expecting you. However, you understand, nothing is free…whatever your wish, you must pay for it appropriately.”

Ryouko bowed. “With money, or whatever it takes. I must do this! My wish…is to save my friend. A girl warrior named Sakura.”

Watanuki dropped the coat he was carrying. “Sakura? Isn’t that the name of the girl the other group was saving?!”

“There are different Sakura’s, Watanuki. Or are you so naïve as to think only ONE Sakura exists in the world? (It IS a common name, after all. But a cute name!)”

Moro and Maru started to chant the name. Yuko was vaguely surprised at how nonplussed at the admittedly strange atmosphere around her shop.

“Your price?” he repeated.

Yuko smiled. “I have two…first, as collateral, I’m going to take almost all your techniques that use your Chakra, or Chi. You will be able to defend yourself conventionally, however. Secondly…I need a favor from you. Your name isn’t unknown here, Ryouko.”

Yuko’s smile widened. “One of my customers begged me to free him from you, in fact. You’re quite the torturer, aren’t you?!”

“Not by choice. Only to protect my village. I get no enjoyment from it. It’s a job, nothing more. And I’m sorry I drove someone that close to insanity. But I make no mistakes when it comes to my village. Now, your second price? The favor? Anything…anything at all…” Ryouko’s voice trailed off.

“My price is this: You will be my eyes and ears for a certain group of travelers. Once you have paid that price, you will be able to heal this girl. I cannot say how long it will take, but rest assured, she will live here until you return, successful or not. She may die the second you return, but she will last until then.” Yuko was never wrong about these things.

“I agree. I’ll do it,” Ryouko replied, repeating his plea.

“Very well. This girl…is she special to you?” Yuko asked slyly, while Watanuki was holding the coat and the black Mokona.

Ryouko’s head seemed to drop farther. “Yes…she’s very special to me. I may even love her…although she probably doesn’t feel it, or return that love. There’s another in her life. He’s the one that’s killing her, but I can’t prove it! But that doesn’t matter, all that matters is her life! When I come back…I’ll kill her murderer. I can’t let her die…I just can’t…”

Watanuki couldn’t help but speak up. “But murder, even murdering a murder, that’s wrong! You’re talking out of grief!”

Ryouko didn’t seem phased by what Watanuki said. “Maybe I am…but if I do, make no mistake, it will be no accident. This person has too much evil in their heart…though, far be it from me to judge, lest I be judged…”

Yuko’s smile had grown slightly somber, but returned in full force.

“Alright, payment received. Mokona, if you please, send him to the other Mokona. Ryouko, write all you think important in this book. Do not tell the others why you’re there, at least not at first.”

Mokona sucked Ryouko in, transporting him to the other Mokona. A disgusting, but fast way to travel.

As soon as he was gone, Watanuki asked Yuko why she did this.

“You don’t NEED eyes and ears, you’ve got that other Mokona! What did you need him for?”

“Perspective…humans are generally less light-hearted than Mokona. This one especially, he is cautious of everyone, myself included. His move was made out of desperation. Things must have been out of his hands.”

“Couldn’t you have cured the girl, Yuko-san?” Watanuki wanted to know.

“Of course! (Foolish kid, doesn’t even get my powers yet! Right Maru, Moro?) But…that would be putting my hand in his destiny…too many cooks spoil the broth, Watanuki. Fate, like a slow-cooked food, is best left in the hands of ONE chef…”

--

BOINK!

“Yuko-san has sent something! (Wonderful!) “

Fai, the wizard; Kurogane, the warrior; Syaoran, the Archeologist; Sakura, the Princess of Clow who lost her memory; and Mokona, whatever he/she/it was, from Yuko. A group of travelers fate had pieced together. They had, despite trepidation, worked well together, fulfilling a common goal, while each striving to achieve his (or her) personal goal. What had Yuko sent?

When a human came flying out of Mokona’s mouth, they got their answer.

“Huh? A human? She never sent us one of those before!” Fai said cheerfully.

“It’s dead, I’m not paying for another gift from that batty witch!” Kurogane said, charging at the crouched figure. Ryouko stood up and countered Kurogane’s punch. Kurogane, in turn, countered his, and they were deadlocked.

“Who…the hell…are you?!” Kurogane demanded, straining under Ryouko’s pressure.

“What are you attacking me for if you don’t know?!” Ryouko shot back.

“Kuro-pi, let him go, let’s hear his story. If Yuko sent him, and she hasn’t asked for payment, he’s fine! Now, TRY to be a gentleman for once, will you, Kuro-tan?”

“I TOLD YOU TO STOP WITH THE STUPID NAMES!” Kurogane shouted. Ryouko took the opportunity to try to shift his weight, but Kurogane held on.

“I’ll introduce myself, if you let go of me,” Ryouko offered. Kurogane let go.

“My name is Ryouko. I come from a different world. I’m here to save someone important to me, a girl named Sakura, and I-”

Syaoran had leapt to his feet. Ryouko was anticipating an attack, but none came. Shock rang through the group, for some reason Ryouko didn’t understand.

“Sakura? A girl? You mean…her?!” Syaoran pointed to the girl sleeping on the ground.

“No? Is that her name, then? No, MY Sakura…well, not MINE…the Sakura I know is being murdered slowly by a friend of hers, and I can’t prove it until I cure her myself. She’s different…pink hair, really powerful…but, to continue…The Space/Time Witch sent me here.”

Ryouko looked at the group, trying to figure something out. The tall one, with the black hair…he’s a fighter, a warrior…the kid I’m talking to…he’s with that girl, his version of a ‘Sakura’…the other tall one…not sure yet, he hasn’t spoken up. He SEEMS friendly, or at least interested in hearing my story…

“Sorry about Kuro-tan’s antics! Let us introduce ourselves. Fai D. Flowright, at your service! This is Syaoran, Sakura, and you’ve met Kuro-pi! Oh, and this is Mokona!” Fai help up the white pork bun-thing. Ryouko looked at Mokona.

“Mokona Modoki is my name, but you can say Mokona, Ryouko!” the white thing declared.

“Mokona-kun? Mokona-chan?” Ryouko offered/questioned.

“Mokona is Mokona!”

Ryouko didn’t look taken aback. He realized that he may well have caused the tall one, Kuro-pi, was it, to be worried upon seeing his mask.

“I’m sorry, forgive me, I forgot I was wearing this…” Ryouko pulled off his mask, to reveal a stony face, devoid of emotion. The emotionless lips curled into a half-smile.

“And how old are you, kid?” Kurogane shot at Ryouko.

“Twenty…though I fail to see what difference that makes…” Ryouko frowned. “I’m going to assume that those were pet names you got…what’s your real name?”

“Why should I tell you?” Kurogane shot back.

“You’re right, why should you? Because we’re both warriors, that much is evident to me. It’s custom to offer your own name before demanding information, hence the reason I gave you my name. It’s also custom…to reciprocate. While you think that over…”

Ryouko turned to the other two. Fai and Syaoran. Oh, and Sakura and Mokona.

“There’s no need for formality with me, unless it’s more comfortable for you. If I might ask a question myself…why are all of you traveling together?”

Syaoran was the one who answered this time, causing Ryouko to mentally mark him as the leader.

“I’m searching for the scattered memories of Princess Sakura. Fai is helping me, and Kurogane is trying to get home. Mokona is…well, kind of…well, we’re not sure our selves, but Mokona is helpful!”

Fai had sat down. Ryouko noticed suddenly that this was a hotel room he was in.

“I’m also avoiding going back to my home world. I’m just going where fate…in the form of Mokona, of course!…takes me. And Kuro-tan is trying to get home, so he can slay more baddies!” Fai leaned close and loudly whispered: “Kuro-tan’s got an awful temper, that’s why he got sent away to begin with!”

“AWFUL TEMPER, HUH?! I HEARD THAT!”

Kurogane took off, chasing Fai around the room.

“Does this happen a lot?” Ryouko asked Syaoran.

“Yeah. It’s kind of funny, really…”

Ryouko looked at the girl. “I could tell you how much of her memory has returned…the Space/Time witch took most of my abilities, but not my genjutsu or taijutsu…”

“Huh? Genjutsu? You mean, mind abilities? Are you a wizard, like Fai?” Syaoran asked in surprise.

“No. I’m a ninja where I come from. Ironic that I’m also looking after a “Sakura”, isn’t it? But, you’re correct, mind techniques. Usually used in self-defense, although I suspect Yuko-san took most of those techniques. But I can still use my mind in certain ways…But perhaps it might be better if we waited until you could trust me for sure.”

BOINK!

“Syaoran! Mokona sense’s Sakura’s feather! But Mokona doesn’t know WHO has it! Look!”

Everyone took a look through the window, and they didn’t like what they saw. A crowd, all demanding that they leave, was shouting at the top of their lungs.

“They must not like outsiders…” Fai said, a placid smile still in place.

“Too bad. The white pork bun said that the feather’s down there? Then let’s go get it!” Kurogane snarled. He had been wanting a fight, and here was one. He shot a sideways glance at Ryouko.

“Let’s see if you fight as well as you talk! The name is Kurogane.”

Ryouko walked away from the window, putting on the coat Yuko had given him.

“It’ll be an honor. I haven’t fought anyone from a different world before. But, I get the feeling that this isn’t a rare thing with this group, so I’ll be glad to help, since I WAS kind of dumped in your lap.”

I’ll make some notes in that book later…It’ll be easier to carry out Yuko-san’s mission if I get their trust first. They’ve given me no reason not to trust them yet, I should offer the same courtesy.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment