Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Giving Up

I take couples requests. CanonxCanon, OCxCanon only, though. For now, no yaoi/yuri. Please read and comment on at least 1 completed ch before making an rq.

Chapter 4 - Giving Up

Chapter 4 - Giving Up
“Ryouko, do you remember the day we met?”

Ryouko nodded in response to Lee’s question. “I do.”

“Then you will recall that we did not always see things eye to eye!” Lee said with a laugh. Lee and Ryouko turned out to be great friends, but their first meeting wasn’t the best indicator.

“Not true, Lee. We both saw one thing eye to eye- Sakura.”

“That is right, we did agree on Sakura! That is what has been troubling me, Ryouko…it has been a year now…that is why I need to ask you…” Lee’s voice was strained with emotion. “Why did you give up and let me have Sakura? You could have won her heart, but instead you bowed your head in defeat, something that you have never done! It has been on my mind for a year, and I need to know!”

Ryouko smiled at the memory. The chakra-enhanicing cigarette in his mouth seemed to smile with him.

“Oh, you remember that? I haven’t thought of it much lately, to be honest. I guess the best way to say it…is that you were more deserving of her. Once I realized that, I figured out that I was ruining the lives of two of my best friends with my own desires. That didn’t sit well with me…So I…” Ryouko paused, looking down at the village.

“…So I quit. And I haven’t regretted it, Lee.”

“You do not regret giving up Sakura? Why? It does not make sense to me…” Lee shook his head in confusion. Ryouko exhaled, smoke curling up into the air, twisting happily until it dissipated in the sky.

“It’s not an easy thing to understand, or even explain, but I’ll try. Lee, you’re good friend. Same with Sakura. I’ve put myself in harm’s way for her more times than I can remember. That’s why I stepped aside- the happiness of two good friends means more to me than my own happiness. If I HADN’T stepped aside, even if I had managed to win Sakura, I would have felt guilty. Even if I got over the guilt I felt by taking her from you, I’d STILL feel guilty for making her a part of my life. That last part- don’t bother trying to figure that one out, even I don’t get it entirely. But, that’s why I made the decision I did.”

Ryouko’s internal clock told him it was time for a mission. “Lee, I’ve got to get going, I’ve got a mission. Try not to think of what I said too much, it’s not healthy- take that advice from experience. I’ll catch you around, give my best to Sakura.” With that, Ryouko disappeared, leaving a confused, yet relieved, Rock Lee to think.

--

As often was the case, two strong-willed individuals butted heads.

“…SAYS THE 20 YEAR OLD GENIN!” came the voice of Tsunade, the Fifth Hokage.

“SAYS THE COMPULSIVE DRINKER AND GAMBLER!” Ryouko shot back.

“STOP IT, BOTH OF YOU!” Shizune finally shouted, pushing the two warring ninjas apart. “GROW UP!”

Ryouko and Tsunade both quieted.

“LISTEN TO YOURSELVES! FOR GOODNESS SAKE, LADY TSUNADE, DROP THIS DAMN GRUDGE AND GIVE RYOUKO SOME TRUST!”

Tsunade and Ryouko exchanged glances. Neither one was going to back down. But Ryouko couldn’t let the standstill go on like this.

“Shizune’s right. Let’s just stop this. We’ve been fighting for a year now, over something so stupid I can’t even remember what it is.”

Tsunade flicker her hand at Ryouko. “Could that be because YOU’RE stupid?”

“YOUR BIG MOUTH IS WHAT STARTED THIS, LADY LOSER!” Ryouko snarled. Tsunade stood up, her foot on her desk.

“You wanna take this outside, you little punk? Tell you what, if you can handle me in combat for three minutes, I’ll give your promotion! If you lose, you’re my servant for a month! We have a deal, you brat?”

“Absolutely. Your luck is as good as mine- so it’s just a matter of whose luck is worse, I guess. Since you’re still the Hokage, I guess I lose that bet. But I’m willing to make another- If you lose, I become Hokage for three hours, and I use the time as I see fit. Fair enough?”

“Agreed!”


(THIS WILL BE MADE LONGER, THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS!)

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rlkitten on July 13, 2009, 11:49:38 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenLol They're both so unlucky, though~! xDD

MinazukiTekai on May 9, 2009, 12:58:07 PM

MinazukiTekai on
MinazukiTekaihahaha tsunade's luck isn't all that great, she so lost

Neopetgirl on December 13, 2008, 3:51:30 AM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlWow, I admire Ryouko's personality and beliefs about everything. He's so considerate for his friends, helping them achieve happiness rather than his own.

-blinks- Hah, that's going to something! I want to find out what happens next with their little bet there! Oh geeze, now I'm getting all excited. I hope you write more for it, I'd defintely look forward to that. And the dialogue between Ryouko and Tsunade amuses me XD I can't really point at flaws, I'm not an experienced writer like you are. So it's hard, because I don't know what I'm doing. I can only praise you, not like I'm making anything up. I honestly think you're fantastic.

Stellar as always. I should award you a virtual star sticker, seriously! -places the sticker on this page- :) There you go.

andr28a on November 5, 2008, 6:10:33 PM

andr28a on
andr28aRyouko don't over step your bounds here this is Tsunade we're talking about here