Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Ninjas Into Dreams (Full)

I take couples requests. CanonxCanon, OCxCanon only, though. For now, no yaoi/yuri. Please read and comment on at least 1 completed ch before making an rq.

Chapter 6 - Ninjas Into Dreams (Full)

Chapter 6 - Ninjas Into Dreams (Full)
Continues by popular demand! Thanks everyone!
-NG

Ninjas into Dreams
(Or Fights into Dreams)

Violence: Moderate


Sakura changed into her pajamas. The fall nights were still warm, so she chose a two-piece pair of red shorts and a red top that left her stomach mostly exposed. The red material was so soft and soothing to her sore body. She gave a content sigh, then curled up in bed, thoughts of a certain Uchiha boy dancing in her head.

Naruto readied himself for bed too. He pulled on a ridiculous looking night cap, shaped like a frog (he referred to it as “Gama-chan” just like his wallet), yawned loudly, then dove into bed, dreams of Hokage glory offering him solace after the day’s hard training.

Sasuke simply pulled on a black set of pajamas and laid down. His dreams, it seemed, were filled with thoughts of murder and revenge. Itachi was his mantra, his focus, and his reason for living.

Kakashi wore the black jumpsuit that jonin and chunin typically wore to bed. However, Kakashi wasn’t ready to sleep just yet. After a short, but fond, glance at a photo of his team, then a sad glance at a picture of his fallen comrades, Kakashi settled in with Make-Out Paradise. It was a questionable bedtime story, to be sure, but Kakashi either wasn’t aware of this fact, or just didn’t care.

The oddball of the group was easily Ekyt. He was already in bed, propped up by his pillow. His pajamas could serve as combat clothes, as he wore the all-black jumpsuit, like the chunin and jonin, except with short sleeves/pants. He rolled a scroll open and studied it’s contents, making the handsigns, then taking notes in his own scroll. An insatiable desire to be the best (Even though he has no ambitions of being Hokage) drove Ekyt. It kept him awake, this night and every night.


Sakura’s sleep became troubled. She squirmed under the covers as disturbing images and visions took over her sleep.

(DREAM)

Another mission. Nothing new. Team 7 got those all the time. At the head of the group, Sasuke suddenly turned around, the Sharingan’s tomoe visible in his eyes. With a flick of his wrist, he killed a shocked Kakashi.

Sakura watched as Sasuke’s curse mark spread, taking over his body. He let loose a primal scream, followed by an evil laugh.

Sasuke spun toward Naruto, instantly killing him with his Chidori. Then, Sasuke turned menacingly to Sakura. Ekyt leapt in the way, putting himself between the two.

“So…the little genin…defending the girl…pathetic.”

Ekyt, however, didn’t have his usual fight.

“What will it take Sasuke…What do I need to do to make you spare Sakura?”
Sakura’s eyes widened. He cares about me…oh, why couldn’t it be Sasuke caring about me?!Sakura realized what a selfish thought that was, so she bit her lip.

“What will it take…I want you to die. By your own hand. Right in front of me. If you kill yourself, I won’t touch Sakura.”

“What method?” Ekyt asked.

“Seppukku.” Sasuke answered.

Ekyt looked at Sakura, the nodded firmly.

“I’ll do it…BUT… I want to see her leave first,” Ekyt said, in what was to be his last display of bravado.

“Fine…but I will take your sword as a price.”

Ekyt pulled off his vest and T-shirt, kneeling on the ground. In horror, Sakura watched him plunge a dagger into his stomach, making a plus-sign pattern, cutting up his internal organs. His head fell forward, a nearly placid look on his face, marred only by the slightest twinges of pain.

Sasuke, who had been admiring the sword, raised it high. “Die, Samurai!” he swung the blade downward. In an almost artistic display, Ekyt’s head arched away from his body.

Before the life left his eyes, Ekyt told Sakura to run.

--


With a stifled shout, Sakura threw herself up in her bed. She had to tell someone about this dream. There was only one person she knew would be awake at this hour.

Knock Knock. Ekyt pushed himself out of bed, stifling a curse as his scrolls went scattering. He opened his door to find a panicked Sakura on his doorstep.

“Sakura? Everything alright?” It’s not like her to be up like this…something’s wrong.

Sakura seemed to be near tears. Ekyt picked up on this and gently asked, “Would you like to come in?”

Sakura nodded shyly, and walked unsteadily into the room. Ekyt began making tea, picking out a calming variety that he knew Sakura favored. He filled two mugs of it, and handed one to Sakura, which she took with a shaking hand. He sat down on the opposite side of his rough wooden table, legitimate concern for his friend in his normally burdened dark hazel eyes.

“Ekyt…I know you’ll think I’m weak for this…but I had a nightmare, and it really scared the life out of me. I don’t know why, it just seemed so real…like it had a meaning behind it, something sinister…”

Ekyt removed his mask (Sakura is just about the only one who knows what he looks like without the mask, as she was the first to befriend him) and took a thoughtful gulp of his own tea.

“Well…I’m going to assume you trust me,” he began with a grin, “so why don’t you tell me about it?”

Sakura looked torn. Should I tell him? I mean…he’s involved, and it’s horrible…but I’ve got to tell someone, and Ekyt can handle it…

“Okay…but it kind of involves you…” she warned.

Ekyt gave an encouraging nod, and even a smile.

Whoa…I’ve never seen him smile before…it’s…calming… Sakura thought, blushing slightly. I wish Sasuke would smile at me…

Sakura told Ekyt about the dream. By the end, she was shaking again, near tears. Ekyt had his hands cupped under his chin thoughtfully. He didn’t tell her what he was thinking, it would have destroyed her in her emotional state.

“Sakura…I think you should get some sleep,” Ekyt said quietly.

“Huh? But I’ll never be able to sleep!”

“I’ll stand guard outside your door. If it will help, I mean,” Ekyt offered.

Sakura shyly nodded, really feeling as though she would feel safer with him around.


Once in her room, Sakura locked the door and secured the windows. Then she changed back into her pajamas, curling up into bed. She was exhausted. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she was asleep. Just as quickly, the dreams began…

(DREAMS)

“Sasuke!”

Sakura heard herself cry out the boy’s name.

Sasuke turned around, the Sharingan visible in his eye. In his hand, he held three kunai knives. Without hesitation, he threw them at Sakura. With a single look from his Sharingan, he had Sakura trapped in a genjutsu. She couldn’t move to avoid the knives.

They never hit her.

Ekyt leapt in between her and the knives. They had struck him in the chest. His makimono pouches had protected his heart.

“Sasuke, you’ve got to fight that mark off!” Ekyt shouted.

Sasuke’s only reply was a smirk. Slowly, the cursed seal took over Sasuke’s body. When that happened, Sasuke’s chakra and power grew, making the naturally talented boy even harder to stop.

“Did you really believe I ever WANTED to control such power? Suppressing it would be foolish.”

“Joining Orochimaru, leaving all the people that care about you…that would be even more foolish,” Ekyt replied.

Sasuke disappeared. In a flash, he was next to Ekyt, using a backfist to knock him backward. Ekyt skidded in a crouched position, then scrambled back toward Sasuke, in the opening stages of a flying sidekick. Sasuke grinned and stepped sideways, then slashed with his kunai. It’s metallic surface glittered twice in the sun.

The second glitter was marred by blood.

A gash opened across Ekyt’s stomach. But he stayed still.

“I swore to protect her…to protect everyone…with everything I had. Every drop of blood. Every breath…” Ekyt’s eye cast a dark look at Sasuke.

“You just took your last breath. CHIDORI!”

Ekyt was hit full in the back with the attack. He had been talking to a Sasuke clone. The young ninja was blown into a tree, hitting it’s rough bark face-first with a sickening crack. Sasuke leapt high and threw a kunai down, striking Ekyt in the throat.

With Ekyt out of the way, Sasuke turned back to Sakura.

“Now I’m going to kill you…hope you still love me,” Sasuke said mockingly as he stepped toward Sakura.

(END DREAM)

Sakura threw herself upright, kunai drawn. She slashed at the first thing she saw. CRASH! Her lamp shattered, the porcelain flying all over, one piece becoming lodged loosely in her hand.


Outside, Ekyt leapt to his feet. “Sakura?” he called. Praying she was decent, and wasn’t going to kill him, he broke into the room.

When he leapt inside, he saw Sakura in her pajamas, holding a kunai, surrounded by the broken lamp.

“Sakura, are you alright?” he asked gently, making sure she knew who he was.

Sakura looked at him, her emerald green eyes shimmering with unshed tears. Her kunai clattered to the ground as she threw herself at Ekyt. Despite his surprise, he managed to catch her. She sobbed hysterically, her head on his shoulder. She had a death grip around his upper body. Ekyt, who had never been put in a position like this before, wasn’t sure how to react. Gently, he returned the hug (If you could call the life being squeezed out of him a hug). He wasn’t sure how long they stayed like that.

Finally, Sakura started to compose herself. She blushed heavily as she realized that she had just hugged Ekyt. Knowing him, he had no idea what to do! It must have been akward…but he genuinely cares…right, the dream!

Ekyt felt Sakura’s hand holding his. He felt a warm sensation in it, one that was all too familiar to him. Blood.

“Sakura, hold still, okay?” he asked her. At her perplexed nod, Ekyt took off his mask and tied it around her bleeding hand. She noticed that his hand was stained with blood as well.

“Here, sit down. Tell me about it.”

Ekyt’s words shook Sakura out of her trance. Sitting on her bed, still giving Ekyt’s hand a death-grip, she told him the dream.


Ekyt wasn’t afraid of the dream. He was afraid of what it did to Sakura. And, almost as importantly, WHY it was happening to Sakura. He had his suspicion, and only knew of one way to prove it. But he had to do it carefully and quickly.



Kakashi heard Ekyt coming. He was used to see the genin walking around town, training more often than not. This time, Ekyt was looking for Kakashi. In hushed tones, they spoke rapidly, occasionally nodding.

“Alright. But if things go wrong, don’t stick around,” Kakashi said firmly.

Ekyt nodded once, then walked off.

--

Sakura woke up, drenched in a cold sweat. “Sasuke!” she screamed aloud, then leapt up. She was headed to the same place Ekyt was.

--

Sasuke looked at the Leaf Village’s gates, almost contemplating his next move while reminiscing about the people he would be leaving behind.

“Sasuke!”

Sasuke turned around, seeing Sakura sprinting towards him.

“Sasuke, please, I know what’s going to happen! Don’t go!”

Sasuke made no indication he heard her. Sakura hugged him.

“Please Sasuke…I love you…if you have to go…take me with you! I don’t want you to leave me!”

Ekyt saw all this and cursed. Damnit! Now I can’t talk him down alone…and of course the fact she’s still in love with him presents a problem. She’s going to hate me…but I’m going to fight him, if I have to. I’m going to stop him from leaving, even if it means Sakura will kill me. In some part of Ekyt’s mind, he knew that he had a crush on Sakura. But it wasn’t his nature to sabotage someone else’s dreams. In fact, he had tried to help Sakura get Sasuke’s attention. Besides, there HAD to be a kunoichi for him, right? He just had no idea who it would be.


Sakura held on to Sasuke, pleading with him to stay. Sasuke was too far gone, lost in thoughts of power, to care. He still harbored feelings for his friends, but his thirst for power, and the ability to beat his brother, overcame all of that.

“Get off.” Sasuke gave a hard punch, sending her flying backward.

Damn it! Ekyt thought to himself. He used the body flicker jutsu and caught Sakura before she landed. He checked on her, finding nothing but a scrape on her face from the punch. He set her down gently, trying to force the image of her crying from his head. He let anger take over.

Ekyt grabbed Sasuke by his lapels and stared, the hatred so thick you could almost see it, rather than just sense it.

“How about you go ahead and try that on me, you son of a dog,” Ekyt snarled.

“Fine. Loser. Without Naruto around (This takes place while Naruto is gone, so in between the regular period and timeskip period.), you pose the best threat to me. In order for me to obtain the Mangekyo Sharingan, I need to kill my best friend. That would be Naruto…but you and Sakura would be close seconds. Maybe killing both of you would do it…”


Ekyt stepped directly in front of Sakura.
“I have no problem stopping you.”

An eerie wind howled across the small area the three were in. Sakura looked from one boy to the other, still on her knees in shock.

I never knew Ekyt could be like that… Sakura gaped at him, seeing him looking completely unlike himself. His back was straight, his shoulders were back, his mask was around his neck, and his body language was saying ‘aggression’. I just turned sixteen…that makes Ekyt eighteen or nineteen…I don’t even know! I don’t know his birthday, how old he is, or even his favorite color! But why is he…why does he care? This doesn’t even concern him. He doesn’t have to get involved! Wait, I don’t even know if he’s a match for Sasuke!

Sasuke charged, and Ekyt dodged.

“My Sharingan has never faced an easier opponent- ?!”

Ekyt had his hands under his vest. “Don’t wait on my account, Sasuke. It’s not what I would expect of you. Unless you’re going to give up after all?”

Sasuke snarled and charged. Ekyt stomped his foot.

“Flama Succendo!” Flames shot up from the ground, forcing Sasuke to leap in the air. How did he do that?! Of course, he hid his handsigns under his vest! Damn it, he blocked my Sharingan! It doesn’t matter, I’m stronger than him! I don’t even need that mark Orochimaru gave me!

Ekyt was in the air next to Sasuke. He managed to seize Sasuke by the vest and throw him to the ground. If Sasuke had been paying attention, he would have had an easy time of Ekyt. Ekyt’s specialty was genjutsu- a definite no-no when facing a Sharingan user. So that took away any advantage Ekyt might have. Sasuke skidded on the ground, knowing this. He wondered how much Ekyt knew about the Sharingan.

“Maybe I should seal those annoying eyes of yours…” Ekyt murmured. “Five Pronged Seal! Sakura, go get help! He’ll beat me eventually!”

Ekyt began to throw open-hand strikes at Sasuke’s face. Sasuke had to dodge or risk his Sharingan being sealed- he needed those eyes, so he kept moving. As he did, he made handsigns.

“Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!” Sasuke took a big intake of air, getting his chakra ready. He blew out, creating a huge blast of fire. Ekyt was wide-eyed, and looked like he got nailed. Sasuke knew better than that. Ekyt wasn’t as untalented as his rank led him to seem. He was dangerous.

“I know that didn’t finish you! Where are you…Ah!” Sasuke aimed a blast of fire at a nearby tree. Again, he seemed to hit Ekyt. But then Sasuke’s Sharingan picked up another Ekyt. He took a shot at that one, too.

I get it…he’s making me waste my chakra. At that range, he has plenty of time to move, or use a Replacement Jutsu…I wasted a lot of chakra doing that. I’ve got to stop treating him like he’s Naruto. He’s obviously not going to kill me, or he would have tried by now. So he must be planning to delay me somehow.

Ekyt landed in front of Sasuke, his leg flashing out in a sweep kick. Sasuke jumped over the kick, but Ekyt stuffed him in the stomach with a fist. Sasuke coughed up blood as Ekyt clenched him close to him.

“Don’t think I’m going to be a pushover. I don’t hate you. So I can’t let you go make a huge mistake without me opposing you.” Ekyt threw Sasuke hard into a tree, then immediately followed him in. His fist cocked back, Ekyt punched.

CRACK!

He only hit the tree as Sasuke used the speed he copied from Lee. As Ekyt turned, Sasuke kicked him hard in the chest, knocking him high in the air.

“Lion’s Barrage!” Sasuke yelled, aiming kick after kick at Ekyt. Ekyt could only cover up and wait for the impact. Or so Sasuke was led to believe. Instead, on his last kick, Sasuke splintered a log. The log had an exploding tag attached to it. Sasuke barely had time to kick off and away from the tag as it exploded. The shockwave was just enough to throw him off balance, and Ekyt was right there to capitalize. In the air, Ekyt clotheslined Sasuke, his leg behind Sasuke’s tripping him up. Sasuke crashed and burned. Ekyt adjusted his landing so that he could block the gate with his body.

“I’m not letting you leave, Sasuke. I don’t really believe you’re capable of killing. You’re talented enough, but I don’t think you can. You don’t want to. You’d be just like your brother.”

That was a bad word for Sasuke. He pulled himself up, shaking from pain and anger.

“Don’t talk about him! You don’t know my brother! You don’t understand! You can’t even begin to understand! Damn it! I’ll kill you!” Sasuke rushed at Ekyt in a blind range.

“You’ve completely lost your focus, Sasuke. And I’ve met your brother…he’s scary as hell, and just as talented. But you’re not your brother. And you’re aiming for the same path he is. Come to your senses already!” Ekyt thwarted Sasuke again, then landed an elbow to his chest. Sasuke skidded backwards.

He struck me on a wound I already have…when he was bouncing around, he must have looked for a weakness…he’s smart, but he’s scared. But I don’t understand this change in him. Was it for…ah. NOW I know his weakness.

“How long have you liked her?” Sasuke asked, getting up slowly, a smirk growing on his face.

“Who?”

“Sakura,” Sasuke said, sneering. “You’re in love with her. It’s all over your face. I should have guessed. You lit up like a Christmas tree around her. And then you decide to fight me…a suicide battle…while she runs for help…”

Sasuke activated his cursed seal. He felt his chakra and speed multiply, and his strength came soon after. He saw through Ekyt’s mask of stoicism. The black marks of the curse covered Sasuke’s body now, and his grin grew more and more scary.

“So you’re her martyr. Hate to say it, but you’ve shown me two things tonight: you CAN fight…but the second- you love that girl, and you can’t tell her! Well, it won’t matter anyway. You won’t LIVE long enough to tell her!”

In Ekyt’s state of shock, Sasuke easily rushed in and grabbed him around the neck. Ekyt’s fingers pried at Sasuke’s hand, but he couldn’t make the raven-haired Uchiha let go.

“I’m going to snap your skinny little neck.” Sasuke closed his hand, but only got splinters for his troubles. “Replacement again? Use that tired old trick all you want; you can’t dodge me forever!”

-
He’s got THAT right…how do I counter this; I don’t even know what it is I’m facing! Ekyt was camouflaged by the leaves for the moment. A normal seal won’t work on him…If I seal his curse mark, I might stand a chance. And if he gets me, but I seal his mark, then whoever Sakura gets will have a better chance. That’s the best course of action. Right now, Sasuke has me beat. But that doesn’t mean I can’t dictate how the fight ends. That’s the mistake most people make about losing… Ekyt forced himself to focus his chakra into his hand, forming his special Five Elements Seal. …they think it’s over the second you concede defeat. But it’s not- even if you die in the attempt, the lasting impression you leave is what REALLY matters. It’s your last swipe, your last gasp, your last desperate attempt that outlines who you are and what you mean to those who care about you.

That’s pretty deep for a guy like me. I guess it’s the fact that I’m protecting someone…no, two people. Sakura from Sasuke, and Sasuke from himself. I guess I’m one of those people that needs a purpose. Heh, well, no point in delaying the inevitable- if I don’t move, he’ll come for me eventually. Worse yet, he could escape altogether.


-

Ekyt leapt down from the tree, closing his eyes for a split second to open the first gate of chakra. To his shock, the second and third gates opened as well. I guess things change during an emergency. I could never open the second and third gates. Just that one time, helping my Father…well, I’ll take the power at this point, because I’ve really got my work cut out for me!

Ekyt ran next to Sasuke, on the side of a wall. Sasuke was in the trees. The two traded kunai shots as they zipped around the sleeping village, both at the peak of their abilities. There was room to grow for both of them, but for two young boys, this was an amazing spectacle.

“You don’t know when to quit, do you?!” Sasuke shouted throwing an explosive tag into the mix. That was really just a diversion for his second, and more deadly, attack. Chidori!

As the two ran past a cherry tree, Ekyt silently called a jutsu he hoped would save him. Ninja Art: Chakra Shield!

Ekyt dodged the tag, which exploded harmlessly several feet behind him. Sasuke’s Chidori was going to be harder. The sound of birds chirping gave it away, but Ekyt couldn’t pinpoint it’s location. Then it hit him- The smoke! I’ve gotta do a quick about-face- he hits me in the spine with that thing, it’s instant game-over!

Sasuke barreled through the smoke. Ekyt crossed his arms in front of his chest, guarding his heart.

“CHIDORI!”

The Chidori landed right where Sasuke aimed it. Grinning manically from the curse mark’s power, he cackled with victory. But then he noticed Ekyt was still alive. Not only that, conscious. He was on one knee, breathing heavily, but alive.

“I don’t know how you did that…” Sasuke growled, a second Chidori growing in his hands, “But you won’t do it again!”

Ekyt knew he was right. He couldn’t dodge and his chakra shield was all but gone. In his left hand there was his ace- but he had to get to Sasuke first. The key to the Chidori…speed. It takes time for Sasuke to build it up, leaving me a short time to plan. I’ve got to ruin his speed advantage. I’m at a three-gate state- just about even with his speed. I’m getting hit with this attack, but maybe I can make it less devastating. If not…no, don’t think! Just act! Don’t talk yourself out of it!

Ekyt used a body flicker jutsu to land right near Sasuke. The Chidori was only half-ready, but Sasuke instinctively punched. He hit Ekyt in the stomach, but felt something strange- his curse mark was receding.

“What did you do?!” Sasuke demanded. Ekyt held on to his hand, preventing Sasuke from pushing the Chidori into his body.

“Five Elements Seal. Well, you won’t get your Mangekyo Sharingan by killing only me, and there goes your curse mark. So the fight is yours- but the war is mine.”

Disgusted, Sasuke threw Ekyt into the wall he had been running on. Ekyt slid down the wall, blood dripping from his mouth and chest. He was burned from the Chidori, too- but not dead. Although the next move would see to that. Sasuke couldn’t use the Chidori again, but Ekyt was tapped of chakra and couldn’t fight back. A kunai would do him in.

Sasuke let loose a cry of rage and charged. Ekyt accepted his fate, secure in the knowledge that he had made a lasting impression. As Sasuke ran closer, Ekyt started letting his body relax- everything ached, but his job was done.

Whoosh, tok, CRACK!

Those three sounds were Kakashi and Sakura returning, landing, and then Kakashi grabbing Sasuke by the arm and hurling him into the wall.

“Sakura, time to put your training to use. We might not be too late,” Kakashi gestured with his head toward Ekyt. Sakura gulped and nodded. She was a medic now, she couldn’t shy away from this one. No matter how she was involved, she couldn’t let this go quietly. She had practiced healing arts, but never in a near-emergency situation like this.

“You’ll be fine,” Sakura told Ekyt. He didn’t seem panicked.

“I’m in good hands,” he managed to say, wiping the blood off his mouth and chin. I think I grew tonight…that thought I had about lasting impressions…I never would have thought that before. It was always ‘a loss is a loss’…maybe I shouldn’t stop there. I should strive for victory…complete victory. Strength is a lot, but it isn’t everything if you don’t know how to use it. Even worse, if it’s use is evil…if Sasuke taught me anything, it’s that.

“Your injuries aren’t too bad…” Sakura murmured. She plucked at the hole that was burned through Ekyt’s shirt, down to the chain mail he wore underneath. “These burns worry me, though. Hold still, okay?”

Kakashi had eased Sasuke into unconsciousness, and was reading, unconcerned. He met Ekyt’s gaze and gave a smile.

“Top of page 128,” Kakashi told Ekyt, holding the book open. Ekyt really wasn’t into Makeout Paradise, but he did as sensei said.

Just tell her, idiot! – That was the writing on top of the page. Kakashi’s lousy handwriting, anyway.

Suddenly, the book was gone, and so were Sasuke and Kakashi. But Ekyt had gotten the message. No time like the present, I guess…

Sakura’s conversation wasn’t making it any easier, though. As she was treating his burns, she couldn’t help but ask Ekyt the question that had been burning on her mind since he stepped in against Sasuke. No- since she had been hit by those dreams and he had stayed with her.

“Ekyt…I don’t know anything about you. So…I mean, I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but…why would you risk your life to help me? I mean, you don’t know me either…”

Ekyt closed his eyes, trying to figure out a way to word this. “Maybe…well, I would save anyone. But…I don’t want to get to know everyone I help better. To be honest, you’ve always been nice to me, and I didn’t always get that. Maybe I wanted to return the favor, since you were the first to make me feel welcome here. Or maybe it was something more profound…”

Sakura kind of understood, but didn’t quite get where he was going. I see so little of his face with that mask on…without it, he’s always seemed pale. But right now, he’s so red…

“…I’m muttering like an idiot. (amused laugh) I’m just going to say this. Sakura, I really like you. I have for quite some time. But I could never get the guts up to just say that to you.”

Sakura suddenly understood. He likes me! That’s why his face was so red! But why…

On cue, Ekyt answered her unspoken question. “I could never tell you because you were so far out of my league. Besides, you always liked Sasuke, and I would never dream of getting in the way. But after all that’s happened today, I had to say something.”

Sakura froze. Ekyt took that as a sign that he should leave. He got to his feet unsteadily, but relatively pain-free. Ekyt had long accepted pain as part of the job, so this was nothing new. But someone getting under his arm and helping him stand up- that was new. It was also nice. Sakura could have carried him, but she knew how boys were about their pride.

“Well, how about you make yourself less of a mystery to me sometime, then?” Sakura said brightly, recovered from the shock. It was Ekyt’s turn to be shocked anyway.

“R-really?!” he sputtered, sounding like an ordinary teenage boy instead of a hardened warrior.

“Really,” Sakura said with finality. “BUT- you go right home and rest. This time, I’LL watch YOU. When you’re better, we’ll go out. Deal?”

Ekyt offered a weak but genuine smile.

“Deal.”

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rlkitten on July 13, 2009, 12:33:39 PM

rlkitten on
rlkittenLol Man I wish I could illustrate battles as well as you do ^^ ;D Well done~!!

Neopetgirl on December 13, 2008, 4:57:40 AM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlWow, that whole fight with Sasuke.. how would that look if animated and all. Oh that'd be so awesome. The actions described, you had me at the edge of my seat!

Whenever I read your stories, any of them, I'm always hooked. And I can barely take my eyes off for a second. It's really fun envisioning it all in my head, thanks to your descriptive writing that isn't ever redundant! I applaud you! Forgive me if I lack what you truly deserve in a comment. I really loved this one.

andr28a on November 7, 2008, 10:37:39 PM

andr28a on
andr28aThat......was......AWESOME

hflp on November 7, 2008, 7:14:52 AM

hflp on
hflpAwesome ending. Trully great.