Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - Sis Mea Pars

I take couples requests. CanonxCanon, OCxCanon only, though. For now, no yaoi/yuri. Please read and comment on at least 1 completed ch before making an rq.

Chapter 26 - Sis Mea Pars

Chapter 26 - Sis Mea Pars
Sakura and Ryouko continued dating for the next two months. They both kind of wondered if the novelty of having a new boyfriend/girlfriend would wear off, but it never did. Each time they got together it meant something to each of them.

Ryouko had been in love with Sakura for nearly three years before he could even ask her out. Sakura, by contrast, had noticed him and certainly liked him, but didn’t feel love. Not until she agreed to go out with him on a whim, and they clicked.

The two were finally being assigned missions together when it was possible. Naruto was off training a lot, Kakashi was busy on his own, and Yamato and Sai didn’t usually do conventional level work. That meant Sakura was often paired with random shinobi, or sent alone. Tsunade was more than glad to pair her with Ryouko- even though Sakura was now eighteen, Tsunade still felt that she had to coddle her a little. And if she could coddle Sakura through the ideal boyfriend, it was that much better for all involved.

-

Sakura couldn’t help but notice Ryouko was more melancholy than usual. When they were together, he lit up, just like always. But when he was by himself, before Sakura came up to him, she could see his face stuck in a thoughtful position, his shoulders slumped forward, and dark circles under his eyes.

I’m his girlfriend…shouldn’t he tell me what’s wrong? Sakura wondered. Did this mean that Ryouko didn’t trust her?

Today the two were meeting near the gates. They had a mission in a nearby village. Sakura was really looking forward to it. Spending some time alone with her boyfriend on a simple B-ranked mission was going to be great! But Ryouko just seemed like he lost his spark.

Gulping, Sakura approached him, trying to find the right words to ask him what the problem was. Before she could, he got up.

“Good morning! …” he greeted her, then paused. After a moment, he pulled her into a hug. That was more affectionate and forward than usual. It stunned Sakura, but she was happy to clutch her man.

“Good morning to you, too! You’re in an affectionate mood today, huh?”

“Huh? Uh, I guess so!” Ryouko covered up quickly, kind of shaking his head and rolling his shoulder. It was a nervous habit that Sakura had noticed.

He’s not telling me something…

“Are…are you okay? You seem…tired…” Sakura chanced, only partially lying.

“Oh, I was up late studying. The usual thing before a mission like this. It’s my job to protect my girl, right?” he responded cheerfully.

“You got that right! And it’s my job to stitch you back together when you do something risky, stupid, yet somehow sexy and self-sacrificing to save me.”

“That’s so accurate it’s scary,” Ryouko told her, chuckling in his reserved way.

Sakura giggled and shrugged. “It’s my job to know my boyfriend. Now c’mon, we’d better get going.”

His face twinged at the word ‘boy’… But why? Something is up with him. I’ve got to find out what it is!
-

In the outpost town of Hizawa, there had been an outbreak of violence. The Fire Daimyo had commissioned the town to be turned into a military installment. The residents had responded fiercely, even attacking one of the Daimyo’s retainer’s. There had been an outbreak of fighting, and several people were injured. That was where Sakura and Ryouko came in. Sakura would heal the wounded, while Ryouko would put an end to the fighting.

Ryouko had a rank under the Fire Daimyo. He had a waistcloth, much like Asuma’s, but with a small ‘ni’ (number 2) on it. It meant that, should the Daimyo be in his presence, be it in person or in the Leaf Village, Ryouko would immediately act as a proxy for the Daimyo. Considering the conflict that had just broken out, he wondered if the waistcloth would make him a target.

As three shuriken came flying at him, he knew it would. He ducked and drew a kunai to block the further incoming metal. Maybe it was because he was so out of it, but Sakura noticed something.

His stance is off…that next one is gonna- oh no!

Sakura threw her own body in the way, stopping the star with her shoulder. That stopped the onslaught from the town.

“No!”

Ryouko hit the dirt next to her, putting his hands over the wound. Blood came from between his fingers. Then it stopped, and Sakura calmly sat up.

“That’s cute and all, but I’ve got this,” she told Ryouko, giving him a little smile. He met her eyes, then shyly looked away, blushing.

This was my fault…Damn it. I’ve got to tell her what’s going on with me before this happens again.

Unfortunately, that would have to wait. A LOT of angry townsfolk were now surrounding Ryouko, farming tools held at him threateningly.

“Bearing that crest? Here, of all places? Leave the medic ninja and get the hell out of here. We wouldn’t want any accidents happening to you, now would we?”

The de facto leader was a tough, old farmer, speaking around the pipe he had clenched between his teeth. His weapon of choice was a pitchfork. The others all held sharp gardening tools, long pieces of wood, and a very ninja tools.

“I’m not here for trouble. I’m escorting the medical ninja. We’re both from the Leaf Village, and”

“She stays, you go. Now!” the leader demanded. But Ryouko put his foot down.

“You’ll have to kill me to pry me from this girl’s side. If you’ve got a problem, we can take it up like men. But hurting or threatening her is not permitted.”

Sakura suddenly slumped over, groaning slightly.

“That poison is a dog to get out, too,” the old farmer said. “I was aiming for you, figurin’ she could’ve healed you once you’d left. But I guess she’s done for…Unless you beg me for the antidote. Not that I’ll give it to you. You’ll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.”

Ryouko advancing threateningly, drawing his two tonfa. He stood up menacingly, his eyes watching everything.
“You’d be surprised at how much that appeals to a man in love. Am I going to have to hurt you, or will you give me the antidote?”

All at once, the townsfolk attacked. Ryouko was off, kicking, blocking, dodging, knocking away weapons, and hitting anyone who came too close. But at no point did he actually really hurt anyone, nor did he use any jutsus. He fought on equal terms with his enemies, and didn’t advance a step into their turf. In fact, he never left Sakura’s side.

After an hour, the town gave up. The antidote was passed to Ryouko. He picked up Sakura and ran.

He should have known it was too easy, but all he cared about was Sakura.
--

In the forest nearby, Ryouko hid Sakura under the roots of a giant tree that had grown around a rock. He did all he could to remember his basic first aid training. He cleaned her wound, administered the antidote, then bandaged her up. But she was burning up from fever, and there was nothing he could do for that. He didn’t have any medicine, and he had already put a cold washcloth (Actually his headband soaked in water from a nearby river) on her head. The rest of her was sweating, except her hands which were like ice.

Ryouko sat in silence for a while, wracking his brain. His vest was under Sakura’s head as a pillow. But what else to do for her?

Gradually, it dawned on him. Back at the academy, he had heard Iruka-sensei tell a story about how a kunoichi saved a squad member’s life by absorbing his fever through direct skin contact. That was something Ryouko could do!

But he stared at her for a moment.

If only I hadn’t been so upset about my birthday. My stance wouldn’t have been off, and she wouldn’t be hurt like this. It’s all my fault. I’ve got to make up for it. Even if she hates me for what I’m about to do, at least she’ll be okay…

Ryouko pulled off his blue shirt, then his mesh and chain mail undershirt. That was hard enough for him to do with her present. But now he had to unzip her top. When he did, he saw (only a glance- he swore he wouldn’t look or touch more than he had to) a white bra. Being very careful, he reached around her to unhook the bra. He had never done that before, so it took some fumbling before he unlatched it. After pulling it away, Sakura’s bare breasts were right there. But Ryouko didn’t stare, or even fondle. He just laid his body gently across hers. He was going to take in her fever.

I had hoped that someday we would do this. But the circumstances I dreamed up were a lot different. We were both conscious, for one thing. Oh well. This doesn’t count as a ‘first time’ anyway.

Ryouko snuggled up to her as tightly as he could, then closed his eyes. He doubted he would sleep, but it was best to at least rest his eyes. The two were protected by three genjutsus. If any were broken, Ryouko would know and could fight off the attack. For now, though, he just rested.
--

When Sakura woke up, she felt a lot better. She stretched her arms above her head, giving a small yawn. It was then she noticed that she had Ryouko’s shirt covering her.

“Wha?” escaped her lips.

“Oh, you’re awake! Thank God!” Ryouko exclaimed. He had been busy making a clothesline out of two kunai and a length of wire. Sakura’s newly-washed shirt was hanging off it.
“How are you feeling?”

Sakura didn’t know at that moment. She was too busy covering herself up. Ryouko seemed to understand and didn’t persist. He just used a light fire jutsu to dry Sakura’s top. It was still warm in his hand as he handed it back.

“…I’m sorry. It’s my fault you got poisoned,” Ryouko finally admitted, sitting down near Sakura. His face was one full of shame and anger.

Sakura tugged his shirt to her chest, then scooted over until she sat back to back with him.
“What was bothering you the other day, anyway?” Sakura asked. She realized that it sounded almost like a demand, and immediately apologized. “I’m sorry. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to…”

Ryouko gave a small, derisive snort. “You’re my girlfriend. You’ve got a right to know. After all, it got you hurt.”

He looked up at the foliage, smiling to himself. The girl he loved was sitting with him, back to back, on cool grass on a warm summer day, in the shade of a beautiful old tree. It was almost an ideal situation. The scene calmed his mind enough for him to finally tell her.
“I…know it’s stupid…but it was my birthday yesterday. I was depressed about getting older, I guess. I mean…you know how I was…am. I never did anything precocious, or rambunctious, or anything. Until I met you, having a girlfriend was only a fond dream. Strength and loyalty, and belonging…it’s what I want, but it never seemed attainable. And I never had any of the fun you’re supposed to have when you’re younger. And…that’s it.”

Sakura had an idea of how to cheer Ryouko up. “It was your birthday yesterday? I never knew that. That’s the kind of thing you’re supposed to tell me.”

“I know…sorry.”

Sakura shook her head. “Don’t be. I can understand. I’m only eighteen, but in our world, some don’t even get that long. Neither of us had a normal childhood. I spent my time chasing Sasuke, while you spent it with that illness. But you know what? We’re past that. We’ve got to live in the present.”

Ryouko felt Sakura’s arms wrap around his torso. He sighed and let his head drop onto his shoulder. Sakura laid her head on top of his, giving him another squeeze.

“The present isn’t so bad. And being older has it’s advantages.”

Ryouko’s shirt was in his lap. He immediately blushed- this meant that Sakura was topless, and right behind him. The man in him wanted to turn around and stare shamelessly. But his hormones held off- he loved this girl. When they were both ready to get rid of the clothes and go farther, they would. Right now, he had to respect her.

Sakura, of course, had to tease him a little. She knelt close and whispered in his ear:
“I know you’re just dying to turn around to take a look, you bad boy. Maybe it’s only fair, ‘cause now I’ve seen you topless.”

Ryouko felt Sakura’s hands on his chest, and her head on his shoulder.

“Such a strong chest you have. I’m glad I get to see it. Maybe I should give you a birthday present, hmmm? What do you think? Want to unwrap your gift?”

Ryouko blushed, his hormones now raging.
“Is it really okay?!” he blurted out.
You pervert!

Sakura took her hands off his shoulders.
“…You…you can turn around now…” she said shyly. Ryouko could hear her blushing. “I…want you to see this…”

Ryouko turned…to find Sakura clothed and sticking her tongue out.

“Perv!” she told him, giving him a small smack on the head.

“That’s so mean of you!” Ryouko managed to say around his laughter. “A lie like that can undo a man!”

Sakura put her hands behind her back, bending over to get close to his face. “Oh, I wasn’t lying!”

Sakura reached behind her, into her waist pouch, and extracted a package wrapped in red paper.
“I just meant you can unwrap this. YOU’RE the one who took it a certain other way…”

Sakura put her hands behind her head, looking up at the sky innocently. Ryouko just shook his head, knowing he had talked himself into a corner. He commenced unwrapping her package. Inside it were a pair of chainmail arm guards.

“I know that the Third Hokage wore that kind of thing in combat. I really didn’t know what else to get you, so…Oh, by the way, Lady Tsunade spilled the beans about your birthday. Hence the present.”

Ryouko pulled Sakura into a hug so suddenly it shocked her. Her eyes were wide open, while his eyes were closed as his chin rested on her shoulder.

“Thank you. …This means more to me than you know…”

Sakura hugged back, sagging her head onto his shoulder.
“You’re welcome. I’m glad you like them.”

Ryouko let her go, holding her at arm’s length. With a confused look on her slightly reddened face, she looked so cute that he couldn’t help putting a hand on her cheek. His hand was surprisingly smooth on her silky cheek. He nodded, as if confirming that this was really happening.

“I was never really good with letting girls see me like this. Especially up close. With you…I just trust you. And I’d really like to kiss you right now.”

Sakura leaned in just a little. He was going to work for the prize.
“What’s stopping you?”

Ryouko just kissed her, their lips meeting fondly. Their tongues flicked just a little, adding a little sizzle to the kiss. It was over pretty quick, but both felt pretty satisfied.

“Now, we should get to work. Let’s heal those people so we can go home. I’ve got time off coming…” Ryouko started, but hesitated. Sakura gave him a look that practically begged him to continue.
“I’d…well, I was wondering if you might want to live together? I’m buying this old farmhouse, and it’s pretty big. I could use the company…if it’s cool with you?”

Sakura was caught off-guard, and couldn’t answer right away. Ryouko seemed to understand, so he added:

“It doesn’t mean we have to…y’know…sleep together or anything. But I’ll be honest: I can’t imagine being with anyone else. I love you. I know things are never that clear-cut and simple, but that’s what it comes down to. I love you, and I want to be with you. So there’s no pressure to accept my offer- I can love you from across the village.”

That put Sakura’s mind at ease.
“I’m in! And you know…I feel the same. I really do. From now on, we belong to each other.”

“Sis Mea Pars,” Ryouko quoted. “It means ‘May you be a part of me’ in Latin. Corny, but you get my point.”

“I do indeed. Now, let’s do our job so we can go home.”

Ryouko actually objected. “I was…thinking. Maybe we should give them a day to cool off. Send for an official order from Lady Tsunade. There’s this town a few miles over, and…well…I’d like to spend some time with you. Just you and I. No fighting, no healing, no nothing. Just getting to know each other better.”

That was surprising, coming from Ryouko. Blow off the mission to hang out together? But man, it was tempting!
--
The hotel was nice. One hitch: only one futon. Ryouko glanced nervously at Sakura, but she just bustled over to it and undid her headband.

“Come here. You look tired. And I’m bushed! How ‘bout we take a little nap together?”

Sakura pulled Ryouko’s vest off, giggling at his blushing face while thinking of her own reddening cheeks.
“It’s hot in here. C’mon, take your shirt off, too! Strip, already! Man, you’re so shy…”

Ryouko seemed reluctant, but did as Sakura said.

Sakura didn’t seem to mind Ryouko’s reluctance. She just turned around, dropped her skirt, then rooted around in her waist pouch, extracting a white t-shirt. She pulled off her vest, put the shirt on, and then dropped her black pants. Ryouko wasn’t looking, no matter how tempted. If he had been looking, he would have seen a little pair of low-rise white panties.

“C’mon, turn around! If I’m comfortable enough to undress with you right there, it’s okay for you to look!”

Ryouko did. But Sakura was up against his body immediately, giving him a huge hug and kiss. Then she pinned him down, laying on top of him to whisper in his ear.

“Don’t fight back. You don’t need to, right? Besides, right now, it’s your birthday. Being the boyfriend of a kunoichi means something: you belong to that kunoichi. You and I are going to take a little nap together now, and you’re not going to fight me about it! And I want to hear it, once and for all: Do you love me?”

“I do. I love you. And if that means that I belong to you…then I belong to you.”

Sakura kissed him, moaning a little with pleasure against his cheek. “Good boy. You belong to me. Now, you lay down, and I’ll curl up next to you.”

Ryouko did, and Sakura snuggled right up to him, gripping him around the waist and shoulders. Ryouko carefully returned the embrace, pulling her in tight. Her smooth skin felt good against his slightly rougher skin, and her warmth seemed to reach inside him and warmed his very being.

She gave his chest an affectionate nuzzle, picking out his shoulder for her pillow. That put her dangerously close to his ear as she began to breath progressively more calmly as she settled to sleep.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

andr28a on October 29, 2009, 11:12:10 PM

andr28a on
andr28aGood work as always