Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - BONUS- 'Lost' Second Chapter

My OC (Ekyt/Ryouko) takes on Andr28's creation, Ryofu. See the first chapter for further description.

Chapter 3 - BONUS- 'Lost' Second Chapter

Chapter 3 - BONUS- 'Lost' Second Chapter
Please Note: This chapter is simply an extra, and not part of the story. The next chapter is the true sequel. For now, please enjoy this. If you like it, let me know, and I'll finish it.

-NG

NOTE: NORMALLY, I WOULDN’T MAKE EKYT/RYOUKO THIS ‘ULTIMATE’, BUT FOR THIS PARTICULAR FIGHT, IT BECAME NECESSARY.

“DAMNIT! WHY AM I BEING TORTURED LIKE THIS?!” Ryouko finally shouted, kicking hard. His bed collapsed into pieces from the pressure.

“THESE DAMN NIGHTMARES! THAT FIGHT I LOST! WHY WON’T YOU LET ME SLEEP?! DAMN YOU!” Ryouko shouted at nobody, nothing. He had risen through the ranks in ANBU, but his nightmares had never quelled. Sakura going off with that monster, and abandoning her life in the Leaf.

You never forgive or forget your first love…

Ryouko had thought carefully, and knew he was choosing a cursed existence. But it couldn’t be helped. He had no choice. If this torturous nightmare was to ever end, he had to do it.

--

Sakura wondered, not for the first time, what would have happened if she had chosen Ekyt over Ryofu. It had been an impossible decision. In her mind, Sakura knew that Ekyt would be the more understanding, and even the more willing to die. But still, knowing he was dead, it was a horrible thought. She wasn’t tortured by nightmares, thanks to Ryofu’s genjutsu, but her existence felt unnatural. Forced. As if she was tethered to this world by something other than life itself. As if a stake of guilt had been driven through her body, forcing her to live this existence.

--

Ryofu hadn’t given much thought to Ekyt over the course of two years. A death was a death. Granted, he questioned the outcome of the match. COULD Ekyt have won if he wasn’t emotionally drained at the end? Had Ryofu won the match, or had it ended in a draw? It was a little strange for Ryofu to think of anything but ‘winning’, but Ekyt had been hard to kill. In the end, it was Ekyt’s own hand.

--

Ryouko asked Lady Tsunade.

“Please, my Lady. Only you know of my existence…I have no choice. These nightmares have driven me to the brink of insanity. My pyche can’t hold out much longer without a ray of hope…and this is the last ray I have…”

Tsunade didn’t want to do it. “You want…his eyes? Sasuke’s?”

Ryouko shook his head. “I want one of Kakashi’s, and one of Sasuke’s…When I face him again, I want to avenge their deaths.”

“I can’t do that, Ryouko. You must understand that…” Tsunade told him, concerned for him. Ryouko was going to crack on her, at age twenty-two?

“Then I’ll go get the OTHER Sharingan, if I must. But this fight may not be winnable without it. That…and I will take any other advantage I can.”

Tsunade put up a hand. “I will do it. The surgery. Your eyes will be infused with the Sharingan. But promise me- you’ll come back alive. And…bring Sakura. Alive.”

Ryouko bowed. “I will, my Lady. You have my word.”

Tsunade nodded once more. “Fine. We will begin immediately.”

Ryouko bowed even lower. “Thank you. I have one thing I must do…”

--

Ryouko lit the candles, then sat in the center of the strange mark on the ground. It had been written in blood, making it a grotesque feature in this darkened warehouse. Ryouko’s hands flashed with handsigns.

“Forbidden Art: Mind Invasion!”

Ryouko closed his eyes and concentrated, a black scroll tied with a red cord in his mouth. In his mind, he willed his message to Sakura and Ryofu.

I’m coming for both of you…this time, we’ll have an end, Ryofu. Genjutsu might not affect you, but a forbidden art such as this will get your attention. I’m not the same man you fought once before. For two years, you’ve infected my mind, a continuing nightmare. Now, I’m going to end that nightmare. This time, you die! It ends now! I WILL find you. You WILL be in Otogakure in two days.[/i]

--

Ryofu woke up with a start, Sakura next to him.

“I felt it… ‘his’ chakra…and I heard his voice…” Ryofu muttered, slightly startled. He didn’t think much of it, thought- until Sakura spoke up.

“I felt it, too. I’d know Ekyt-’s chakra anywhere…and his voice…could he have lived?”

That’s what Ryofu was wondering.

Is it possible he survived, after all that? HOW is it possible? I saw him die! No matter, he can’t defeat me! And he’d only continue to attack my psyche…all right, Ekyt Kaguya, we’ll have our finality!

--

Ryouko woke up, feeling his eyes. Sharingan, in both of them. One containing the Mangekyo Sharingan, the other still without it.

“The surgery was a success. Your body accepted the eyes. Now…what’s your plan?” Tsunade asked. She had gotten involved because this guy was a major threat to her village. If Ryouko was willing to combat this foe, then she had to back him.

“I need four corpses. This is going against the grain, Lady Tsunade, but I think Lord Third would understand. This menace MUST be stopped, or the Hidden Leaf will crumble. I now carry the blood of the Uchiha clan, and my Kaguya heritage. I will hate myself until I die for this, but it’s the last move I have.”

--

Ryouko waited in Otogakure, knowing they would come. Sure enough, amongst a swirl of mist, Sakura and Ryofu appeared, both pale as ghosts. Ryouko was waiting in his ANBU armor, a mask over his face.

“Don’t try to hide your face with me, I know who you are!” Ryofu shouted.

“Ekyt?” Sakura asked timidly. She cautiously approached him, stopping a couple feet away. Ekyt hadn’t moved. Sakura reached up to take off the mask. But as her hands met the mask and started to lift, Ekyt dissolved and became a puddle of water.

“So you remember me?” Ryouko asked, standing on top of a boulder. “I suppose I should be honored. But I’m not AS you remember me…I’m a very different man, now. In name, in look, and in psyche.”

Ryouko jumped down, his hand pulling his mask off. He put a chakra cigarette in his mouth, lighting it with a snap of his fingers. Ryofu chuckled at the site.

“So you’re a couple years older. Nice speech, I’ll give you that.”

Ryouko raised an eyebrow. “You should know…you and Sakura have been addressing me by a name that has no meaning. ‘Ekyt’ is dead, he died two years ago. Before you stands what’s left of his physical self. That ‘self’ is called Ryouko. And I’m very different. But you’ll only see ALL of it in combat. But I suppose…” Ryouko closed his eyes, and focused his chakra. “…it couldn’t hurt to show you PART of what’s changed!”

Ryouko opened his eyes. Ryofu stared, his mouth dropping open slightly. Sakura screamed.

“No! You CAN’T have! How could you?!” Sakura wasn’t making much sense, but then again, nothing was at this point.

“My right eye…from Kakashi. My left eye…from Sasuke. Two people you saw fit to kill. Now, they live on in me! I’ve trained my body handle the Sharingan, as if I was an Uchiha. But I’ve done so much more in that time! Things you would have never dreamed of! Things I would have been incapable of, just two years ago! But one must do what is necessary to protect his home.”

“You’ve lost it if you think a couple of old eyeballs are going to scare me off!” Ryofu shot back.

“I don’t WANT you to run. I came for a fight. If you were to run, I would have to hunt you. We both know that would take time, and I think you’d like a fight just as much as I would. So stop beating around the bush…”

Ryouko’s hair blew in the wind, as he hunched over to fight.

“…And accept this challenge!”

“Consider it done!” Ryofu shouted.

“And you, Sakura? Do you plan to stay out of this fight?” Ryouko asked, the malice gone from his voice.

“W-what?! What are you talking about?!”

Ryouko closed his eyes and made hand signs. A jutsu that had taken two years and his innocence was about to be performed.

“Corpse Reanimation!” Ryouko shouted. The ground shook as coffins rose from below. Ryouko was standing on top of them while they were rising, something close to insanity in his eyes.

“Yo-you couldn’t have! No! But that’s Orochimaru’s jutsu! Why do you know it?!” Sakura demanded, already crying at seeing Ryouko’s pure soul tainted with such a jutsu. She could see the old ‘Ekyt’ shatter, as if a pane of glass.

“I know it because I have to know it,” Ryouko replied mysteriously. “Don’t you want to know who I’ve brought back? I think you’ll be interested enough. A blast from the past, Sakura. It’s only right to pay your respects…to the people you killed!”

Four coffins emerged from the ground. One by one, their lids fell off, echoing across the empty wasteland that was going to serve as a battlefield.

Kakashi. Sasuke. Third Hokage. And- an empty casket? Sakura peered inside. A blue glow elicited from it. And it was familiar…

“The fourth casket…very dear to me…it’s my emotions, Sakura. I can remove them, as you know. I had to…otherwise this fight wouldn’t be any different than the last. I let emotions cloud my judgement. Without them, I think clearly, mechanically. And I know what’s best for the Leaf- is that demon’s death, and your return. Come forth, emotional chakra!”

The chakra had taken on the form of the old ‘Ekyt’, and just stared.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hflp on December 16, 2008, 4:31:48 AM

hflp on
hflpO_O. Uh-oh... Ekyt's lost his mind. This is going to be a VERY different kind of fight.

andr28a on December 15, 2008, 6:47:15 PM

andr28a on
andr28aWow Ekyt has gone mad