Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - ArcIIii: Internal Conflict- Chapter 4

My OC is forced to play servant to Naruto and Sakura. He must ignore his own dreams to see that Sakura and Naruto live happily ever after- either as a couple, or as the two strongest shinobi ever.

Chapter 19 - ArcIIii: Internal Conflict- Chapter 4

Chapter 19 - ArcIIii: Internal Conflict- Chapter 4
KA-BOOM!


Ryouko’s curse bindings were removed. With a little practice, he had learned to make the effect an explosive one. With him in the center of it, an explosion spread outward, smashing windows of one building, burning up another tree. He hated to destroy the Leaf at all, but he had to make a point.

WHOOSH!

At a speed he didn’t believe possible at his skill level, he whipped around the village, finally seeing an ANBU agent. He reached into the eyeholes of the agent’s mask and threw the porcelain thing away. The shocked ANBU agent couldn’t even go for his sword as Ryouko’s hand planted itself on his face. A second later, his head cracked into a building, and Ryouko was gone.

Intruder alerts sounded all over the village. Those who had kept quite when Danzou stole power now erupted- they had no idea who was helping them, but they were relieved! A few found courage to fight; nurses got beds ready for the injured agents, along with restraints to keep them in custody.
--

“GET HIM!”

Ryouko had danced around the worst of the conflicts, picking at lone ANBU agents or groups of three or less. Even in this state, he wasn’t a match for more than four. And these were the emotionless, unshakeable Foundation agents. That made reading their moves impossible.

Running down a street, Ryouko threw kunai and shuriken at the windows from which he was being attacked. Once he reached the end of the street, he leapt up high and used one his best attacks.

“EARTH STYLE: EARTH DRAGON QUAKE!”

The street tore itself up as Ryouko’s handsigns were finished. The buildings broke from their foundations and rose up, tipping the evil ANBU agents out of their hiding places. They saw Ryouko start the descent from his insane leap, but they were busy running for cover. The jutsu wasn’t over yet.

The dragon rose up, going past Ryouko. Ryouko landed, immediately kicking off down the street, dodging swords and leaping in and out of agents.
They were easy prey for the dragon once they were distracted. It went right down the street, smashing into the agents. It followed Ryouko until he stopped. It kept going and smashed into a wall. You could hear cries of pain even through the earth.

“Release!”

The dragon swelled and burst violently, sending agents falling from the skies. They didn’t move this time.

--
Naruto ran through the gate, opening it from inside. When he turned around to look, he saw the horrible destruction. And yet…the Leaf people were happy. No vital areas were harmed, and aside from bad agents, no casualties in the street.

Then the Earth Dragon rose up and tore up a street.

“That’s Ryouko! Come on!”

--

Tons of had been damage caused; any rogue ANBU agents were either searching for Ryouko or were battling the suddenly-alive Leaf Village.

Ryouko himself lay slumped at the foot of a tree, the bloody ‘x’’s covering his body again. He was just going to lay here, eyes straight ahead. He had done all he could. Reinforcements would be here soon. He would probably miss them. He glanced at the bridge across from him. Sure enough, here came the ANBU agents. With a smirk or satisfaction, Ryouko detonated the exploding tags on the bridge. Considering the attackers were falling into a foot of water tops, he doubted he killed anyone. He didn’t want to kill anyone anyway.

Scatter…like cherry blossoms. The blossoms are pretty, even as they fall, aren’t they? I wonder if my death will be like that?

Ryouko looked at himself, still smirking.

Not one cut, but I’m covered with blood. I just ran around and caused problems, so it’s no wonder no one could touch me. No, my death will be boring and unseemly- like my life. Oh well. Naruto…Sakura…
All the best, you two.


Ryouko closed his eyes, just planning on sleeping through the rest of the pain. The exhaustion he felt was almost in the background amongst the chaos he had started. He hadn’t planned on getting the other Leaf Ninja so riled up. But it all worked out. The only thing he hadn’t done was find Lady Tsunade and free her. Well, the reinforcements could do that.

…It’s kind of fitting. Dying under a cherry tree. I wonder if it’s symbolic? The tree blooming so beautifully, and the beautiful girl it represents to me…does this mean she’ll find happiness? I hope so. I’d like to think this was all worth it.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Sorry for the length of this chapter. It’s a small ‘bridge’ chapter, meant to get us to the next arc. So, please keep reading!

-NG

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

andr28a on May 1, 2010, 1:49:06 AM

andr28a on
andr28aThis is so unlike you, making small chapters like this. But it's a craker of one. Can't wait for the next.

nextguardian on May 1, 2010, 12:04:08 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianyeah, I know. This is one of those cases where I would have made Ryouko look too strong if I made the chapter longer. Plus, I miscalculated how many pages until the next arc. But, it worked out. Short and powerful, hopefully :)