Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - Arc IV: Harsh Reality- Chapter 1

My OC is forced to play servant to Naruto and Sakura. He must ignore his own dreams to see that Sakura and Naruto live happily ever after- either as a couple, or as the two strongest shinobi ever.

Chapter 27 - Arc IV: Harsh Reality- Chapter 1

Chapter 27 - Arc IV: Harsh Reality- Chapter 1
Sunagakure had gone two days with no further attacks. The security was very tight, though, so no one dared take it easy just yet. Except for Asuma and Shikamaru, of course. Setting up their Shogi board in a rare cool spot under a shade-producing building, they quickly became immersed. Sakura and Naruto watched.

Click. Shikamaru made his first move.

Sakura was watching with a bored look on her face, arms crossed as she leaned against a building. Naruto was by her legs, crouched down to look at the game board. He looked like one of the frogs he occasionally summoned, all hunched over like that.

Clack. Asuma made his first move.

Sakura rolled her eyes and walked into the nearest building to refill her canteen. Naruto kept watching, seemingly intent on the game. He was really concentrating, working in ‘developing his mind’, like Iruka-sensei used to say.

Brrrp.

Apparently, concentration made Naruto gassy, as he let out a loud fart that even rattled a couple pieces on the game board. There was tension in the air as Shikamaru and Asuma both gave Naruto a mild glare.

“Heh heh. Guess I’ll, uh, go help Sakura.”

He left, yelling ‘Sakura’ as he ran into the nearest building.

“He hasn’t changed a bit,” Asuma commented.

“Idiot,” Shikamaru agreed, returning his gaze to the game board.
--

Ryouko lay in the desert on his back, the hot sun not feeling so hot now. Probably because his body was so badly burned not even the brutal sun felt so awful.

…I’m not getting it.

“You’re not getting it.”
A frowning Azami hauled Ryouko to his feet by an armpit- one of the last places on his body that wasn’t barbequed.

“Explain it again. Please.”

Azami kind of rolled her eyes, pretending this was a huge issue for her. Really, he was making progress- progress she herself had had a difficult time with.

“It’s like my wind sword. I just use my chakra to manipulate the air. Granted, it’s a little harder for you, since you’ll have to ignite the oxygen in the air without blowing yourself up. But you’ve got a head start thanks to your ability to use catalysts.”

Ryouko rolled his shoulder, really feeling the burn as skin peeled off.
“I get it, but it’s two different things. Using something lying around- like water- is different than creating a ‘spark’ of chakra. When it comes to that, I can make a ‘stream’ of chakra; an explosion of chakra. A spark, though…”

Azami held out her hand. She snapped her fingers, instantly igniting a flame on her fingertip.
“I can see this is going to be a problem for you. Given how you fought me, this ‘you’ won’t do. You need motivation. Since I’m not going to strip you OR me, we’re going to work from the ‘pain’ angle. Take off your shirt.”

Ryouko narrowed his eyes. “Hell no.”

“Then I’ll burn it off.”

Ryouko shrugged off his shirt. Azami pushed him face-first into the ground, then stepped on his shoulders. She raised her finger, the flame concentrated on it.

“I’ve got no problem helping you. But remember-” she smiled dangerously, even though he couldn’t see it. He could probably feel the smile, though. A quick look at his reddening ears and neck proved he did. “- working with a ‘bad girl’ comes with a price tag. You had your chance with ‘sex’. I’m betting you’ll regret that now…even if it WAS a good show of character for you…”

Her finger moved toward Ryouko’s back…
--

Sakura lounged on a bar stool, staring blankly at the adobe walls. The pink concoction in front of her went untouched.

Naruto, watching her, managed to look in silence.
Wow…she’s really hot when she’s all melancholy like that. Her head resting on her chin…she really DID get prettier.

Naruto hadn’t forgotten the time they’d spent together. Or how Sakura had said how she loved Naruto and Ryouko- in different ways. Ryouko wasn’t the only one agonizing over that one.
Screwing up his courage, Naruto approached her.

“Hey, Sakura. You okay?”

Sakura seemed to be startled awake. She lifted her head off her hand, making a cute little ‘huh?’ sound. Seeing it was Naruto, she looked down at her drink.
“Yeah…sorry. Just spaced out a bit…”

“I noticed. So…anything I can do?”

“You? You actually noticed I was bothered by something? This isn’t something Master Jiraiya said, is it? Manipulating women by pretending you care about their feelings?”

“Huh? What? No way!”
How’d she totally nail it? She must know Pervy sage pretty well…

“…” Apparently not caring if he was sincere or not, Sakura sighed and spoke.
“It’s Ryouko. That fight did a lot of damage to him mentally…I can’t help but worry for him.”

Naruto felt an odd pang in his chest. What was it?
“Don’t worry about him. He’s strong- he’ll be fine. And he’ll be back.”
I don’t like that…I’m feeling jealous? Because of Ryouko? But he backed off. He’s no threat to Sakura and I getting together. He’s done nothing but encourage it. So why?

Sakura looked away again. “I know. But…well, if I don’t worry, who’s going to worry about him? He’s probably out their training with no regard for his health. What if that Azami girl catches him again? In the state he’s in, he won’t be able to put up any kind of a fight. And if he does that stomach thing…well, there’s no one to patch him up.”

Naruto put an arm around her. “Like I said, he can handle himself. No way he’d let that girl pull her crap again. I’m sure he’s fine. Like, training in some forest or something. He’s probably meditating right now.”

Sakura giggled a little at the thought of Naruto being so…well, like a boyfriend, and not like a Naruto. Sliding her hand on his, she nodded a silent thanks.
“It’s late. I guess I’m going to go to sleep. Goodnight, Naruto.”

Jealousy fading, and an odd pride rising in his chest, Naruto gave her a small wave.
“Goodnight, Sakura.”
I’m sure I’m right about Ryouko. He can handle himself. How much damage could he be doing to himself?
--

“Aggh!”

Azami stepped off Ryouko’s back, letting the flame on her finger go out.

“Getting it yet?”

Ryouko pushed himself up to his elbows, his breathing ragged. More than half his face was now covered in burns, though the one over his eyes was still brightest. His arms were red almost all over. His legs were scorched, too. Amazingly, aside from his back, his midsection and groin were free of burns.

“No! I’m NOT getting it! And I have no idea what this insane ‘punishment’ idea of your has to do with my training!”

Azami clicked her tongue in disappointment. “It has EVERYTHING to do with your training. I’m using a spark of chakra to punish you. You should be able to pick up on the ‘how’, considering I’ve punished you…what, four times now?

Ryouko could feel the marks on his back. Indeed, there were four, close to his right shoulder.
“You’ve been burning me like this once every twelve hours. Like I’m a tally sheet. I get WHAT you’re doing, but not why you’re using my own back to keep score of my failures!”

“If you’d just go to a hotel with me, we wouldn’t be doing this, now would we?” Azami cooed, snaking her body around Ryouko’s. She put a hand under his chin, smiling brightly.
“You still look pretty cute, even with all these burns. They make you look rugged- give your cute lil’ baby face an edge. And staring at you…sweat pouring off your shirtless body…mmm…a little unfair of you to tease me, don’t you think?

Azami just laughed as Ryouko froze up.
Now we’re even for him catching me off-guard with that ‘let’s date’ bit before our fight. It’s fine when HE makes the moves, but as soon as I do anything to seduce him, he freezes up and can’t figure out if I’m serious or not. I really should stop messing with him.
I’m not going to, though.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

andr28a on June 14, 2010, 9:03:03 PM

andr28a on
andr28aRyouko's training is painful. His ever growing burns are bad enough, but when you include the sun and Azami, things become torture.
Great chapter as always