Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - chap 2

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 2 - chap 2

Chapter 2 - chap 2
Kagome stared numbly at a wall. The sun had risen, finally, and a few golden rays were creeping through the windowsill, casting odd shapes about the room. And as to the room---she knew it. It was her mother’s. Why was she in her mother’s room? And as a more pressing question, why had Inuyasha been in there WITH her? She shuddered again in disbelief or something like it, thinking only one thing.

‘Gods above, I HAVE gone crazy.’

She shifted in the covers, turning and alternating sides and angles and positions just for the sheer sake of it. There really was no way to get comfortable when such odd questions refused to leave her alone. What in the world had happened to her? She had lain down in her bed, in a world that made sense---and woke up in her mother’s in a world where down was up and north was south. If a pig had flown by her window, Kagome wouldn’t have been entirely surprised. As she was pondering this, a light knock sounded on the door. “Come in,” Kagome called automatically. She half expected Souta to walk in and tell her to get ready for school, but that was not what happened.

Instead, there was a pause. Two children walked into the bedroom shyly. One—the younger—was a silver-haired, blue-eyed girl. She looked over worriedly with wide eyes and a sort of childish innocence that didn’t seem to belong with the features she had inherited. The other was a boy. Maybe two or three years older than his sister, he looked about eight. His hair was short and black like Souta’s, but his eyes were a vibrant, intense indigo. He had the quality of a wayward sort of person, but his eyes shone with concern. “Morning, Okaasan,” he said quietly, standing by the bed. “Tousan says you’re not feeling well.”

“Not feeling well?” Echoed the little girl sorrowfully from his elbow.

“Uhhh.........no,” answered Kagome, flopping onto the bed with abandon.

“Poor Okaasan,” The girl said in a low voice, locking her small arms loosely about Kagome’s neck. “Gomen.”

“It’s okay,” Kagome replied slowly, awkwardly patting the child. ‘Who are these kids? Why are they calling me.........’ An abrupt realization smacked her in the face. Inuyasha had been in the same room as she was, and he had called it ‘their house’. ‘Mother. They’re calling me mother because............’ She felt a little faint, glancing at her hand. There was a wedding band on her right ring finger. ‘Oh my.’

“Okaasan?” She looked up into the indigo pools again. Her *son* was leaning over her, his hands resting lightly on the sheets. “Are you alright?”

“Uh.........huh.” Kagome nodded, forcing a smile. “Fine.”

“C’mon, Saeko-chan. We’d better go.” The boy stepped forward and pulled his sister back a half step. “Sayonara, Okaasan. Feel better.”

“Feel better, Okaasan,” the little girl mimicked as her brother pulled her from the room, closing the door as Inuyasha had.

“Right,” Kagome muttered, looking at the ceiling. She could hear the front door shut as the two children left for school, and could hear their retreating voices. Birds were singing outside the window, which was now full of a bright golden light. Probably around seven or so—but she didn’t feel like looking at the clock. The rest of the room—and indeed, her own thoughts were enough to keep her from worrying over something so trivial as time.

Time.

Had the word itself become her enemy? It seemed that way, as the thing was calling her its prisoner. She was stuck lord-knows how many years in the future with no way home and a husband who was sure she was either delusional or nuts. The situation wasn’t exactly looking up, and with so many issues...........her head hurt. There was still the matter of where she was in her time, if she was here—but there was no point in pondering that, as she couldn’t do anything about it.

She’d just have to sort of........wait it out and see what happened. Until then, playing along would probably be best as not to make her family think her completely crazy. Being placed in an asylum wouldn’t help anything.

Tap, tap. Someone was outside the door again, and there was only one possibility of who it could be. “Come in,” Kagome said, settling under the covers as if she’d never moved. At her words the door swung open a potion and Inuyasha walked in, balancing a tray in one hand. With the other he closed the door and moved to sit on the side of the bed with the tray in his lap.

“Okay,” he said, looking down. He pulled a thermometer from his pocket and stuck it into her mouth.

“Mmph?” Kagome asked in surprise. Inuyasha was acting like her mother.

“Just wait a minute,” he answered impatiently. Ah. That was the hanyou she knew. She managed an amused smile as the thermometer beeped. Inuyasha removed it and brought it before his eyes. “100.4. See, I wasn’t being paranoid.” His eyes showed worry and also relief. ‘At least she had a reason for acting that way before.........I was worried for a minute, but.........’ He smiled softly. “And I was right. You’re going to eat your soup and go back to sleep.”

Kagome watched him. “But I’m not sick—”

“Oh yes you are,” Inuyasha said stubbornly, handing her the thermometer. “See?”

“The thermometer must be off,” she said carefully. “I feel fine.” It almost worked. Her voice was so confident; Inuyasha might’ve almost believed her. He let her think he had long enough for her to clamber out of bed and take a step or two away before grasping her arm and pulling her backwards gently. He caught her in both arms with a grin.

“Nice try,” he said, setting his forehead against hers and looking her in the eyes. “You’re burning up, baka.”

“Am not,” Kagome muttered as she found herself back under the covers. “I’m only two degrees above normal! I’m *fine*.”

“Yeah, yeah, uh-huh,” Inuyasha answered playfully, picking up the spoon. “Are you ready for breakfast?”

“I’m not hungry.” The hanyou’s expression became instantly serious.

“Really? Does anything hurt?”

“No,” she answered with annoyance, pushing away the hand that came to inspect. “I didn’t mean it like that. I’m just not hungry.” The hanyou looked her over for a few silent moments. “Look, there’s no reason for me to stay in bed all day—”

“Oh no you don’t. You’re staying in bed, and that’s final.”

Silence.

“Why do I feel like I’m talking to a pigeon?”

Inuyasha smiled. “Because that’s about how smart I am?”

Kagome blinked, then smiled back. “You know, that might be it. Or else..............have you ever considered being a mother? I think you’d be good at it.”

“You’ve got that role pretty well covered,” he answered, nuzzling her lovingly. “Go to sleep, dearest.” He took the try and set it on the dresser. “Call me if you need anything.” He left the room again, closing it quietly.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 11:55:14 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013omg