Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - chap 4

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 4 - chap 4

Chapter 4 - chap 4
FWOOF! Kagome found herself in the familiar dry well. She could hear village children playing in the distance, and farmers in the nearby fields. There was the chitter-chatter of housewives and the scraping of brooms against wooden floors. But in the forest was the sound of nature that she loved so—the innocent silence, the tranquility, and all else her world lacked. A blatant smile spread across her face as she climbed the ladder and pulled herself over the lip of the well, wandering into the village curiously.

As she walked over the village boundaries, there were several shouts of “She’s back!” and “You’ve returned!” A youngster or two even walked up and hugged her knees before going off with his mother. She had to admit, nothing had really changed. There were four or five new houses built, but that was about it. The trees had grown a bit closer to the village and the grass had grown taller.

“Kagome-sama!”

Kagome turned at once, expecting to see the only person that had ever called her by such a formal name. But she met eye-to-eye with an older villager. He grinned at her with a mouth absent of several teeth. It was definitely not Miroku.

“It is good that you have finally returned to us! It’s been so long.”

The old man reached forward and touched her hand softly, respectfully.

“But where is Inuyasha?”

Kagome brightened. There was something she could answer.

“Oh, he’s just.......resting. I’m sure he’ll be by later.” Come to think of it, he probably would—yelling at her for leaving. Kagome realized with a feeling of stupidity that she hadn’t told him where she was going. Oh well.........it was too late to fix it, anyway, so............ “Don’t worry about it. Please tell me, do you know where Sango and Miroku are?” The old man cocked his head to one side.

“Sango-sama and Houshi-sama? They’re still at their home.” Kagome gave him a blank look. “Do you have business there?”

“Sort of,” she answered with a smile. “But I can’t remember where it is..............”

“Oh! Don’t worry about a thing! You there!” One village boy looked up from his game and came over, puzzled.

“Yes, jiisan?””

“Kagome-sama needs an escort to Houshi-sama’s home.”

The boy’s face went form puzzled to delighted. “Sure, I’ll help!”

“Wonderful. Miss!”

A young woman came over at the old man’s call.

“Yes, jiisan?”

“Could you please fetch a bow and a quiver of arrows for Kagome-sama? She’s leaving the village on a short trek.”

“Of course.” The woman scurried off and retuned seconds later with a bow and some arrows. Kagome took them when they were handed to her, looking uncertainly at the old man.

“Thank you.”

“It’s no trouble. Good luck on your venture!” Kagome followed the boy as he motioned for her to.

** ** **

“So, is it far off?” Kagome asked curiously. The village had long since fallen out of view; now they followed a curvy, forested path that she had never taken before.

“Not too far,” the boy answered, glancing back. “Less than a day on foot.”

‘A............day? HOLD THE PHONE!!! What’s Inuyasha going to think? Going to SAY?’ Aloud she said nothing, only smiled. “Great. Thank you, by the way, for bringing me out here.”

“Oh it’s no trouble, Kagome-sama. Not for you.” He smiled at her admiringly. Why was everyone acting like that? It was really weird.

“Well, thanks anyway.”

“You’re welcome.”

** ** **

Kagome and the little village boy walked nonstop for the rest of the afternoon. When at last he stopped her, it was mid-evening, and the sun was beginning to set. They stood before a quaint little cottage dead center in a sun drenched glen. Kagome smiled in wonder as the boy looked up timidly, wondering if he dare interrupt her thoughts. He must’ve decided to, because the next moment he cleared his voice and spoke.

“Here we are, Kagome-sama.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 12:06:56 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013cooo

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 12:06:56 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013cooo