Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - chap 5

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 5 - chap 5

Chapter 5 - chap 5
“Wow,” Kagome said softly with a smile. It was exactly as she would’ve guessed. Standing before them peacefully was the little sun drenched clearing. In the middle was a cabin—almost like Kaede’s, but bigger. She could hear voices inside. There was a vase of wildflowers sitting in every window. It was the picture of cheerfulness. It was only when her escort gave an uncomfortable cough that she remembered her place in all of it. Hesitating only slightly, she stepped forward and knocked on the wooden door.

There was a shuffling inside for a moment, followed by an excited little squeal. The door swung out sharply, making Kagome stagger and fall backwards.

A small face of a little girl was staring down at her. She had chin-length brown hair and starry black eyes that glittered as she rushed forward and flung her arms around Kagome’s neck. “Auntie! Auntie came to visit!” She squealed happily. There was a stampede of footfalls and several more small children emerged, also launching themselves into an embrace. There were many cries of “Auntie!” and “You came back!” and “Where’re Saeko and Sanji?” before Sango herself managed to fight her way through the now- clogged doorway.

“Kagome-chan!” she yelled over the racket, helping the girl up and then embracing her. “It’s nice to see you again!” She looked around for a moment, her expression suddenly suspicious. “But where’s that hanyou? You didn’t leave without telling him, did you? Are you two fighting again?”

“One out of two isn’t bad,” Kagome laughed. “We’re not fighting. I just......er........forgot to mention I was leaving.” Sango shook her head and “tsk- tsk”-ed mockingly, smiling.

“You’re really going to be in for it later,” she warned.

“I know,” Kagome answered just as Miroku walked from the house. The houshi was wearing his trademark “calm-and-collected-humble-priest” smile that often meant he was about to pull something. He pulled her into a respectful one-armed hug and didn’t try one thing. Her expression was so surprised that Sango suddenly produced a wooden spoon from her apron, looking at her husband threateningly.

“What’s wrong, Kagome? He didn’t try something, did he?” she brandished the spoon at Miroku who backed away waving his hands and smiling nervously.

“Of course not, Sango,” he said as the demon-exterminator loomed menacingly above him.

“No, he didn’t,” Kagome managed, looking to Miroku in wonder. Sango’s face regained its glad expression again and the priest smiled calmly. “I was just......thinking.”

“Hmm. You left without telling Inuyasha again,” Miroku said knowingly.

“Yeah,” she admitted.

“Ooh! Auntie’s in trouble!” One of the kids crooned.

“Mizu,” Sango scolded. “Be respectful.”

“Sorry, Okaasan,” the girl said immediately.

“What do you say to having a cup of tea?” Sango asked in undertone.

“Sounds great,” Kagome answered immediately.

“Let’s go play, children,” Miroku said promptly, catching Sango’s suggesting glance. He stood and walked off rather quickly, leaving the two women with a flock of children following him like lambs following a shepherd. Sango motioned for Kagome to follow her inside and shut the door once they were inside. Both sat down on what appeared to be hand-woven rockers and stared at each other, allowing silence to hang heavy.

At last Sango gave a playful and curious smile.

“All right. Something’s amiss. Spill it.”
        

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 12:11:55 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013omg