Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - chap 6

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 6 - chap 6

Chapter 6 - chap 6
Kagome smiled at her shoes, unable to look at Sango for fear of bursting out in tears or laughter. Her friend had always been deft at sensing her feelings, but this was a bit much. She hadn’t really said anything to point towards her secret. “How in the world do you do that?” she asked at last, unable to hide the wonder in her voice.

“Well, it’s incredibly obvious,” Sango answered gently. “I know you’ve been experiencing a lot of doubt with all this, and believe me, I know what you’re going through. And on top of all that, you run away from home.......it’s not like you to pull something at a time like this. Please tell me what’s going on, Kagome-chan. Maybe I can help you.”

‘What is she talking about?’ Kagome wondered, carefully guarding her expression. ‘Going through.......what AM I going through?’ She shuddered as many not-so-nice possibilities fluttered to mind.

“It’s nothing. Really.”

“Don’t give me that. It’s written all over your face.”

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you, Sango.”

“And what makes you think that?”

“It’s stupid.”

“I bet it’s not. Tell me.”

“Well......”

“Come on, Kagome. What’s the worst thing that could happen?”

“You could think I’m crazy, put me in an asylum and have a bunch of crazed psychologists test my brain........”

Sango snorted. “Please. We’re ALL a little crazy around here.” Outside, a mound of wriggling little bodies tackled and buried Miroku, who began crying jokingly for help. “I live with a family that is the definition of crazy.”

“And I don’t?” Kagome muttered, smiling. Both girls laughed.

“True, true. Please tell me, though. I promise not to think you’re crazy. You’re the sanest person I know, after all.” Kagome hesitated, looking up into the older woman’s sincere expression. She had always been able to tell Sango everything......why should now be any different? After all, if she didn’t tell SOMEONE she’d probably go crazy.......

“Okay, okay, I’ll tell you.”

There was a devious smile. “I knew you would.”

There was yet another silence in which Sango gave her undivided attention and Kagome took a deep breath, finally spitting out the sentence so quickly that Sango had to ask her to repeat it.

“What was that?”

“I.....” Pause. “What would you say if......if I told you that I’m not who you think I am?”

Sango sat there for a moment, lost for words, and then, quick as lightning, produced another wooden spoon. “If you’re a demon you’d better tell me now,” she said ominously with the air of when she was threatening Miroku.

“N-no, nothing like that,” Kagome said hurriedly. “I didn’t mean it that way.”

“Oh.” The spoon disappeared once more into the folds of her apron. “What do you mean?”

“What I meant to say was.....that I AM the person you think I am......but different.”

“Different in what way?” There was a definite suspicion in that tone.

“No, no, not like that either,” Kagome said, frustrated. “Maybe I’d just better come out and say it.”

“That’s generally best,” Sango agreed, still sounding suspecting.

“Well.....I.......see.......Okay. I woke up this morning in MY house.”

“Uh-huh......that’s usually where you wake up, Kagome-chan, unless there’s something you haven’t been telling me.”

“No, see........I wasn’t there—here—yesterday, not in the same way. Yesterday I was eighteen years old. Inuyasha and I had had an argument again and I went home through the well.......I went to bed and then I woke up......here. With children, and—and.....” She blushed and looked to the floor.

“So you mean to tell me that you traveled through time and are in your future self’s body?”

Kagome shifted nervously. “Uh......yeah, pretty much.”

“It’s not impossible,” Sango said lightly. “A time-rip could have opened.”

“So.....you don’t think I’m crazy?”

“No more than I did before,” the other answered teasingly.

“Oh, Sango!” Kagome threw her arms around her friend’s neck tightly.

“Maybe we’d better run this past Miroku,” she suggested. Kagome pulled back. “He’d believe it, I’m sure. He might even be able to do something about getting you back home. You DO want to go back to your time, don’t you?”

“Well......it IS sorta nice how Inuyasha treats me now,” she said, blushing and looking down.

“Ah. So, in your time, he’s still calling you names and all that?” Sango looked fascinated.

“Yeah......but I guess I do need to go back. I might mess up time if I don’t.”

“The quest might never get completed,” Sango finished thoughtfully. “Yeah, I think it’s best.....”

“Okay, if you say so. I’ll tell Miroku.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 12:18:21 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lol