Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - chap 7

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 7 - chap 7

Chapter 7 - chap 7
Miroku smiled warmly as Kagome sat back in her chair, a bit paranoid about what he would say. And that smile was making her nervous.......whenever he was that charming it usually meant he was about to brush cheeks with Sango’s oversized boomerang. She had to keep reminding herself that Miroku had obviously changed—but Miroku was still Miroku, and that simply screamed for suspicion.......especially when she was in the cabin ALONE with him........

“Don’t worry, Kagome,” he said quietly, noticeably not using her normally assumed title of ‘Kagome-sama’. “I’m not going to try anything.” The girl glanced up at him in confusion. Was the WHOLE family telepathic?

“So.....what’d’you think?”

“I think,” answered the houshi calmly, “that you have come here for a reason.”

“A reason?”

“Yes. My guess is that it is to give you hope. We all know—or knew, if you prefer—of your doubts before Naraku was defeated. And even after. Perhaps you need to see that it will all turn out okay in the end, to give you the courage to keep trying.”

“That makes sense, but.....why did I time travel? If somebody wants to give me hope, why didn’t they just come talk to me?”

“Seeing for oneself is more powerful than hearing words,” Miroku said, sounding for all the world a wise and honorable sage. “Perhaps no one in particular caused this to happen. It might’ve been yourself.”

“What do you mean?” ‘I don’t have that kind of power.’

“I mean that you’re more powerful than you have fully realized in your time.” Kagome mentally slapped herself on the forehead. Telepath act II. “Your miko energies may have picked up on your doubt or unhappiness and tried to correct it. Emotions are a powerful thing sometimes.”

Silence. Pure, wonderful silence as Kagome contemplated all that Miroku had told her in the past few minutes. It was all sensible, all believable, and most of all, all comforting.

“Thank you,” she whispered breathlessly. The houshi took her hand and Kagome bristled, expecting the one thing she had been dreading since she arrived in the future, but Miroku smiled and shook his head.

“You’re so skittish,” he commented humorously. “I take it I’m still doing......intolerable things in your time?”

“Yeah.....all the time,” Kagome muttered, relaxing. “How am I gonna get home?”

“I’m sure this will correct itself in time,” Miroku answered. “If it does not, then we will simply have to wait.” He smiled wryly. “But I don’t think you need to worry.”

“M’kay,” she answered meekly, feeling strangely childish around the new wise Miroku. He was actually quite sweet when you weren’t expecting—

Just then, she bit her thoughtsww back, automatically grabbing one of Sango’s spoons from the table and whacking Miroku unceremoniously over the head with it.
        

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 12:24:27 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lol