Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - chap 9

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 9 - chap 9

Chapter 9 - chap 9
“She WHAT?!”

Birds fluttered from the trees everywhere within fifty miles of the small cabin. Inside, a very flustered Miroku was trying to calm a very annoyed Inuyasha while Sango watched, smirking at her husband with an I-told-you-so sort of look. Sanji and Saeko sat with their cousins on the floor, watching curiously. The younger children of the household were finding it very amusing that their uncle was making their normally-calm father splutter and wave his hands and chuckle timidly.

“Please calm down, Inuyasha,” Miroku said exasperatedly. “Really, it’s not so much a concern as that.”

“Kagome was delirious when she left the house. She comes here, and you let her go wandering off by herself! Tell me it’s not a ‘concern!’”

“She wasn’t delirious,” the monk disagreed promptly. “Kagome-sama seemed perfectly normal to me.”

Inuyasha mumbled something under his breath that only his children managed to catch (they both looked away politely and said nothing of it.) There was a moment in which the wildlife outside crept uncertainly back to where they had been before the previous explosion.

“Fine then. I’ll be back in a little while.” He stood to leave, then stopped right before the door, turning. “You’ll watch Saeko and Sanji, right?”

“I think it’s the least—Miroku can do,” Sango said seriously, hiding her laughter cleverly behind a cough. All the children at her feet laughed for her, in a shrill chord. ***

***

*** Meanwhile, the delirious girl in question began to realize where she was—or where she wasn’t. She *wasn’t* anywhere she knew, or anywhere close to where she had started. In the darkness, nothing was familiar from her afternoon trip—and her memory was faulty anyway. There was very little path left, and what there was forked off in two directions that both led into unpromising, shadowy lands.

“Good going, girl,” she scolded herself crossly. “You’ve gone and gotten yourself lost!” And after all the worrying from Sango.....she had been right. “Oh, *why* didn’t I pay attention to the trail?” She sat down on a particularly large moss-covered bolder, willing herself to come up with a solution. However, the thought process got no farther than that because it was at that moment that the bolder shifted—

—And Kagome found herself face to face with a demon that apparently did not appreciate her sitting on its back. It was a dragon-like thing that might’ve been expected in a fairy-tale—not in the middle of a clearing looking for all innocent passer-by like a mossy place to sit. Of course, it occurred to her that even the youngest village child would have his wits about him, while wandering around at night, to at least be able to distinguish a demon from a rock. Traveling with Inuyasha (who more quickly protected her than thought about it) had obviously dulled her reflexes a lot.

The demon roared and snapped its teeth impatiently, and Kagome leapt to her feet with a squeal, staggering away from the predator clumsily. Of course, it was not about to let her go that easily. Within five minutes of constant cat-and-mouse, the previously lost human wench became the captured lost human wench, held tightly in the mouth of a not-so-friendly demon. Even as she was carried off into the shadows, Kagome didn’t dare to move, for fear of the sharp, pearly fangs that surrounded her on all edges and poked into her uncomfortably.

‘Oh, Kami, I’ve really done it now....’

It would’ve been helpful to yell, but the extreme pressure that came from all sides made it nearly impossible to breathe, let alone scream for help. It only took a few moments for her vision to grow hopelessly foggy and her head began to swim dizzily from lack of oxygen. ‘If he doesn’t loosen up, this thing’s gonna strangle me!’ She struggled for a few seconds, feeling an uncomfortable pain as the fangs sunk into her shoulders and back, but nothing else. The motion did nothing but to successfully aggravate the dragon-type thing, which in turn quickly whipped its mouth downwards, bringing Kagome’s head in contact with the ground. The rather small body became instantly limp, and struggled no more.

Every step the captor took brought her farther away from the deep, familiar voice that was calling out worriedly without any reply to answer it....... ***

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 12:53:12 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013omg