Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - chap 10

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 10 - chap 10

Chapter 10 - chap 10
Miroku and Sango saw neither hide nor hair of their silver-haired friend for several hours. It was early, early morning when the hanyou at last burst abruptly into the cabin. All the children were sleeping at the feet of two rocking chairs where the adults were dozing lightly. At Inuyasha’s entrance, Miroku stirred, looking up from where his head had been drooped against his chest. His eyes moved from the bothered expression to the empty door way with a quick and fluid movement of a priest. Without a word he reached down and untangled his arms from around Sango, located his staff, and stood at Inuyasha’s side.

The two left together wordlessly, and indeed nothing was said until they were a fair distance from the house.

“You found nothing, Inuyasha?”

“No,” the hanyou muttered roughly, his hands becoming fists at his sides.

“Don’t worry, my friend. Kagome-sama could not have wondered very far.”

Silence was the only thing to answer Miroku’s comfort. ***

***

*** “Kagome......Kagome, wake up.......”

That voice.....it was familiar, somehow. But how she was hearing voices was a mystery, unless there were other people in the demon’s stomach. And that was odd enough in itself. But also, nothing was hurting. Was she dead? In Nirvana, lost to the world forever?

If that was so, she didn’t *want* to open her eyes. But then......what was that feeling about her? Warm and soft things.....like.....blankets? She moved her head slightly, experimentally, and felt an intense pain in her neck. Definitely not dead then.

Well, if *that* was so, then it would probably be best to open her eyes and see where in Kami’s name she *was*.

Easier said than done, as it turned out. When at last the eyes managed to open and look around, the first thing Kagome could see was a blurry shape of a person, hovering right above her. She blinked and the person came into slightly better focus.

“You’re awake,” came the very relieved, soft voice of the person. A warm hand stroked her face softly, and Kagome winced as it moved over a cut she hadn’t been aware of. “Sorry,” the voice said apologetically, and Kagome blinked again. There it was. The person reminded her of Shippo! But it couldn’t be.....the little kistune only came up to her knees, and this man was taller than she......

But then.....15 years had passed, give or take.......

“Sh-shippo?”

“Yeah, it’s me.” Kagome felt herself shifted slowly into a sitting position—which still hurt quite a bit, despite Shippo’s efforts—and was aware a cup brought to her mouth. “Here, drink some water.” Obediently, she took a sip and allowed herself to be laid back down upon the blankets. “Kami, Kagome. I’ve seen you in some strange company, but reptilians? You should be more careful.”

“It’s not like I sought him out. I was going for a walk.”

“You didn’t mistake him as a bolder, did you?”

Telepath act III. It was really uncanny how they could ALL read her mind like that, if not a little unsettling.

“Well, actually.....”

“Oh, Kag. You’ve REALLY got to be more careful.”

“I know, I know,” Kagome said fairly. “But how did you tumble into this tangled web? Or rather—” She glanced around. “—How did I get here?”

“The same way, I think. I stumbled upon a certain someone being dragged around by some scaly idiot.” He shook his head. “Scared me to death. You wouldn’t answer me. I thought—”

“I’m sorry,” Kagome said quietly.

“But then,” Shippo continued, “I must not be the only one. I bet Inuyasha’s *worried* to death by now, along with Miroku and Sango. Isn’t that right?”

Kagome mentally slapped herself on the forehead. Yes, it was right, like all the other assumptions.

“We should probably get back, then,” Shippo said, reading her expression. “Tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?”

“Yeah. It’s almost dark now.”

Kagome bit her lip. That meant she’d been gone for an entire day and the previous night.

Her friends would all be worried sick. ***

***

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 12:58:13 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013omg