Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - chap 11

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 11 - chap 11

Chapter 11 - chap 11
Inuyasha and Miroku returned soon after sunrise, on the second full day since Kagome’s disappearance. A very anxious Sango met them at the door, with large eyes and unspoken questions. Miroku put an arm around her shoulders silently, but Inuyasha offered naught as he walked inside and sat on the floor desolately, saying nothing.

“You couldn’t find anything, then?” Sango asked in hushed tones as they stood outside the front door. The monk shook his head. “Nothing?”

“Not a trace—physically, anyway. We found several trails, but the scent was old. Apparently....” He swallowed and lowered his voice further. “.....There was a demon around at about the same time that Kagome-sama went missing.”

“Oh, Miroku, you don’t think—”

“I’m not sure,” he answered carefully. Sango buried her face in his shoulder and was quiet until at last they walked back into the house together—just as Inuyasha left.

Sango made to say something, but Miroku shook his head and pulled her back gently. “Let him go, Sango. He’ll come back.” ***

***

*** They left Shippo’s home in early morning, just an hour or two after daybreak, at Kagome’s urging. Shippo had planned to wait until lunchtime but his guest refused—that would mean returning in mid-night, and she could not stand to worry her friends that long. She was dreading returning—Sango’s motherly worry, Miroku’s gentle concern, and Inuyasha’s inevitable fury.

Shippo must’ve seen it in her eyes, for he babbled just as fervently as the smaller version she knew, about stories and do-you-remembers and memories. Only after a considerable hour or two did he manage to work far enough back for her to actually know what he was talking about—the battle with the Thunder Brothers, how they had first met.

“Of course I remember that,” Kagome answered with a giggle. “I’ll never forget it.”

“It’s funny,” Shippo said dreamily.

“What is?”

“How different everything is, and how it’s really all the same.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, back then......Miroku and Sango were always driving each other insane with all the groupings and beatings and flirting....”

“They still are, Shippo.”

“Well, yeah, that would be one of the constants. But then there’s you and mister grouch, fighting and driving each other crazy—”

“We still are, too, Shippo.”

“But—but—ghaa! You’re confusing me!”

“Sorry,” Kagome said with a smile, kissing him on the nose. “What did you mean?”

“Well....oh, never mind.”

Silence.

“Never mind?”

“You know what I mean. When we were still traveling together......you guys never let each other know how you felt. At least, not out loud.” He grinned mischievously. “I heard plenty of sleep-talks over the years, let me tell you.....”

“Oh, you,” Kagome said teasingly, bopping him over the head. “Where are you going with this?”

“I just think everything turned out for the better. I mean, look at it. We’re all still friends. And everything turned out just as we would’ve hoped.”

“It’s true, isn’t it?” Kagome said thoughtfully. She looked up with a smile that quickly disappeared. “Hey, isn’t that Miroku and Sango’s house?”

“Yup, that’s it,” Shippo said, grinning on cue. “Something tells me your welcome’s gonna be one to remember, being away for almost three days.....”

“Yeah, I bet you’re right.” The kistune stepped through the doorway as they reached it, and Kagome hesitated for just a moment before following his suit.

They stood there together at the door way for several moments of shocked silence and stillness, until Sango, in one fluid movement hopped from her chair as thought she had been burned and threw her arms around her friend, sobbing.

“Oh, Kagome-chan.....we were so worried......”

Miroku joined the two, looping his arms around both women, who both blanched nervously. “Don’t worry, he assured them. “I won’t try anything.”

“Like Kami,” Shippo muttered under his breath, and everyone laughed. Several small arms looped about several knees, bringing many of the party crashing to the ground, which, in turn, brought many more hysterical giggles.

“But wait,” Kagome said slowly, in realization. “Where’s.....?”

The laughter quieted immediately.

“Outside, Kagome-sama.”

“You’d better go talk to him right away, Kagome-chan.”

Judging by the grave tones in even Sango’s voice, Kagome knew she was in for it. She gave a terse smile to all involved, untangled herself from the dog-pile, and walked out the door. ***

***

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 1:08:17 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013hmmmmm