Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - the end

Kagome and Inuyasha has another fight and Kagome goes back to her time and goes to sleep. She wakes up and suddenly finds herself in her future life "Whats going on"

I nope the summary stinks but the story doesnt

Chapter 13 - the end

Chapter 13 - the end
Kagome smiled to the sun as she and Inuyasha walked along, hand-in-hand, back to the cabin. Everything was cleared up—she had nothing to worry about, nothing to dread. Inuyasha wasn’t mad at her—for the moment, anyway. Sango and Miroku seemed to have reached a temporary truce—at least she couldn’t hear one of their episodes from her position. Shippo had come—the whole group was back together—minus Kilala, wherever she was. Everything was wonderful; for the first time since she had come, she realized with a giggle, she wasn’t worrying about getting back to her time.

Suddenly, as the thought crossed her mind, a bright light came, blocking out everything else and ebbing it into black. With a stumble, she crashed into Inuyasha who had been walking in front of her.

@-}--------^--------{-@

“Is she okay, okaasan?”

“Yes, sweetie, she’s fine. Kagome.....wake up, dear.”

“Nee-chan.....”

Kagome’s eyes snapped open. She found herself lying in her bed—in HER time. Her room was full of present-day things. Daylight filtered through the windows. Her alarm clock—the pink one she’d had since she was four—was sitting on the bed table, flashing cheerfully in its neon numbers. Her mother and Souta were sitting on the edge of her bed. Her mother was holding her hands and looking relieved. What surprised her the most was that Inuyasha was there as well—sitting at the foot of the bed, avoiding everyone’s eyes and looking awkward.

“Kagome, you’re awake.” Her mother’s hand drifted to her forehead. “How are you feeling?”

“Great,” she answered happily. She was back in her time, back in her room. She was still a high school student! She had homework again! Wait. Was that a good thing?

“Well, all right,” Mrs. Higarashi said. “Come on, Souta, let’s.....” She glanced slyly at Inuyasha. “.....go make some cookies.”

“Cookies? Okay!” The two left the room as though someone had kicked them out, closing the door quietly.

And so the two were left in silence. Inuyasha twiddled his thumbs, fiddled with the fabric of his haori, and poked the lumps in the comforter around. Why was he acting so oddly?

“Inuyasha?”

“Yeah......I.......” He looked at the ground as though fighting the urge to get up and leave right then, squirming uncomfortably. “I’msorrythatIsaidthatstuff.”

“Huh?”

The hanyou looked both uncomfortable and embarrassed. “I’m sorry I said that stuff before you left. I didn’t mean it.”

Was he apologizing? Kagome could’ve fallen out of the bed—and she did, without intending to.

“Are you okay?”

“Fine, fine.” She climbed back up onto the mattress. “I’m just surprised. You never apologize.”

“Yeah, well, don’t get used to it,” he snapped grudgingly.

Kagome couldn’t help it. She hugged him then, much to his surprise.

However much fun it had been to look into her future, it was good to be home.

@-}------^------{-@

“Is she okay, tousan?”

“Yes, Saeko, she’s fine. Kagome, wake up.”

“Okaasan......”

Kagome’s eyes opened immediately at the sound of the voices. She sat up in bed, looking around curiously. All around her was the familiar cabin of Miroku and Sango, the two themselves, her nieces and nephews, her children, and her husband. They were all crowded around her small futon, ogling at her.

“Uh.....guys?”

“Sorry,” they said together, backing up.

“Are you okay, Kagome-chan?”

“Fine, fine. Just a dizzy spell.” She smiled cheerfully. “It’s not all the abnormal, you know.” Inuyasha smiled and kissed her cheek.

“Glad you’re okay.”

“Me too, okaasan.”

“And me, okaasan!”

“And me!”

“And me!”

“And m—”

“Okay guys,” Sango interrupted with a smile. “Let’s let Auntie up, okay?” They all moved back obediently like parting oceans and allowed Kagome to crawl from her sheets. “Kagome, can I talk to you outside, please?”

“Sure.” Kagome smiled to her family once more before following her friend out the door and shutting it.

“So, are you back?” Sango’s whisper was curious.

“Yes,” Kagome whispered back with a smile. “Have fun with the younger me?”

“She was just as I remember,” came the dreamy reply. “Innocent, fiery, and......actually, exactly the same as you are. Except maybe a little more high- strung.”

“Yeah. It was weird, Sango. I could see what she could see the whole time. It was like I was here but I wasn’t.....” A pause. “Miroku didn’t know it was ME he was grouping that time. He’s gonna get it.”

“Yeah,” Sango laughed. “Be my guest.”

“There’s only one thing. You didn’t tell her about the biggest surprise of all.”

Sango smiled apologetically. “She was so surprised that she had two kids—I couldn’t give her a heart attack and tell her she was gonna have three. Besides, if she knew, what fun would that be when she found out? This way, she’ll still come running to tell me—or my past self—when her time catches up. As you did.”

“Yeah,” Kagome sighed, putting a hand to her stomach. “I guess some things are better as surprises.”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on May 6, 2008, 1:19:46 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lolloolololollolololoolo

gaaralover1 on November 2, 2007, 1:35:31 PM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1AWESOME STORY!!!! I really really liked this.... But you know what's scary? The same thing happened to me... Scary huh?

princesskagome100 on November 3, 2007, 6:18:31 PM

princesskagome100 on
princesskagome100scary