Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Dinner Talk

my first story! this is Naruto OC wonderland, if you have an OC tell me!

Chapter 20 - Dinner Talk

Chapter 20 - Dinner Talk
Many things I must say before I let you read this. 1. I took a month off to think about where I would go next with the story. Don’t worry I have not forsaken you.
2. I’m still open to ideas, I like to write what readers like. However, my opinion matters still as well. If you have any ideas please leave them in a comment and I will put each one individually under consideration.
3. I’m REAAAAAALYY SORRRY FOR NOT TELLING YOU ALL I WAS TAKING A MONTH OFF!!!!!!

Note: I do not own Naruto.
Chapter 19
Dinner Talk

The snake’s mouth opened revealing the losers of the challenge fast asleep on the flat surface of the snake’s inside. The group that had been left behind made their way towards the sleeping ninja, when a scuttling noise came from further down the tunnel of the stomach. The insect-like puppet came out of the darkness carrying TenTen and Winni who were also asleep. The puppet laid them down on the ground along with the rest of the genin, and melted into the stomach of the snake.

“Sleeping gas,” Kankuro said, sniffing the air “There’s still some remaining in here so every one…” He didn’t finish his sentence because Naruto and Jamal were snoring, their each laid out on the floor.

“Loser,” Sasuke said with a smirk.

While the rest of the group was waking up the losers (yes Naruto and Jamal too), Sasuke was inspecting the snake for any weak points in it.

“What on earth happened?” Celine asked, rubbing her head, “We were falling into a pit with eyes and…”

“It’s alright Celine,” Tyrone said, helping her to her feet, “Sleeping gas tends to mess with your system.”

“Huh?”

“Never mind.”

Sasuke was picking Sakura up trying to gently wake her, but no matter how he tried she wouldn’t wake up. If he hadn’t been so worried for her, he might have noticed the small smile on her face. Sakura was just pretending to sleep, while enjoying every minute of Sasuke’s embrace.

Hinata was waking up, saw Naruto unconscious on the floor, ran over to him, unknowing that there was a small pocket of sleeping gas around him. She was kneeling next to him, inhaled a small amount of the gas, and collapsed on top of him. Kiba saw this, lifted Hinata off Naruto, and kicked Naruto so hard he hit his head on the ceiling of the snake.

“What happened?” Naruto asked, rubbing his head.

“You took a blow to the head,” Kiba said, helping him up, “Sasuke hit you when you were sleeping.”

“Sasuke!” Naruto shouted, as Kiba quietly to himself at the trouble he had caused.

“What do you want loser?” Sasuke said.

“Why’d you hit me in the head?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You kicked me in the head!”

“That sleeping gas really got to you didn’t it?”

“I’m gonna kill you Sasuke!”

“Break it up you two!” Tyrone shouted. Everyone woke up, and shut up at Tyrone’s voice.

“Dan wanted to say that those who fought today did well,” Tyrone continued, “Training will commence same time tomorrow, where you will begin learning your new techniques.”

“New techniques?” Naruto and Jamal exclaimed.

“Yes, now calm down,” Tyrone said, “You won’t be so excited tomorrow. Dan pushes people to and beyond their limit. You’ll be lucky if your still standing tomorrow.”

“Wait, where is Dan?” TenTen asked.

“He had business to attend to,” Tyrone said, then looking around whispered, “He’s probably just gone off to play guitar. He’s doesn’t let anyone know but he practices that thing with an obsession.”

“Why?” Fluffy asked, “Is it because he’s an alien?” Everyone looked at Fluffy wondering just how this crazy girl could possibly be a ninja. Neji and Hinata were both hanging their heads with shame at their thoroughly weird cousin.

“Fluffy that’s not polite!” Nara said, “If Dan doesn’t want anyone to know why then we shouldn’t press the matter.”

“Oh, he’s got nothing against people knowing that he practices,” Tyrone said, “He’s just doesn’t want anyone to know why he practices.”

“Why?” Fluffy asked, completely ignoring what he just said.

“Fluffy didn’t I tell you not to press the matter!” Nara said, losing her shy girl composure.

“Well I thought maybe he changed his mind.”

“In two seconds?”

As the two girls bickered, Dani turned to Tyrone and said, “I would love to stay, but I have to get back to the village and report to Lady Tsunade.”

“Sure it is Dani,” Tyrone said, smirking, “You just want to get back and see Iruka.”

Naruto, surprised by the name of Iruka, asked, “Why would she need to go back and see Iruka?”

Dani blushed and tried to tackle Tyrone to try to stop him from saying whatever he was going to. This went on for about a minute until Tyrone finally managed to say, “Wouldn’t you like to go back to the village if Hinata was there?”

Naruto, obviously not getting it said, “Yeah, but I don’t see what that has to do with her and Iruka?” Sakura who now had supposedly woken up at this exact moment, punched Naruto into the wall.

“You idiot!” she shouted, embarrassed by his stupidity, “They’re obviously dating!” Naruto, for once in his life was speechless.

“You mean that…”

“Yes,” Dani said, “We’ve been dating for some time now. He always talks about you Naruto.”

“Well, duh!” Naruto said, “I was his favorite, and best student! Ouch!” Sakura had taken time away from staring at Sasuke, to nail Naruto in the head again.

“Come on everyone,” Tyrone said, “We need to get back. Dani, Dan will be happy to transport you back to Konoha. You might not be able to go immediately though. No one knows where Dan goes to practice.”

………………………………............................................................................................................................

Later that night, the ninja were in the middle of dinner when Dan somehow slipped inside and sat down at the table unnoticed. He sat and listened to some of the gossip as well as the insults his students were saying about him.

“So Naruto, are you serious about dating Hinata?” Kiba asked.

“Of course!” Naruto replied, “She’s absolutely perfect!”

“T-Thank you Naruto-kun,” Hinata said shyly.

“So Gaara how did you lose to Dan?” Temari asked.

“He tricked me,” Gaara said, “Or rather he planned out our battle before it occurred. He managed to move me into the air, where I can’t feel the vibrations underneath the earth. His snake burrowed underground, and snuck up on me when I couldn’t sense it.”

“I think he cheated,” Jamal said, “He’s got way too many techniques for us to effectively defeat him. He didn’t even use his guitar. He used some sort of magnet, and two puppets.”

“He used a fire jutsu too,” Mew said, holding up her still slightly stretched arm.

“He won easily for one simple reason,” Shikamaru said, “He understands science. He is a strategist sure, but whatever I may have thrown at him, I’m sure he would have found a way to worm out of it. He understands just how much chakra to use, and what to use it for. A jutsu can be broken down to pure science, like a chemical reaction. Dan knows just how much of his chakra to use to make the reaction happen, effectively saving his chakra, not to mention he knows how to counter whatever attacks are thrown at him.”

“I agree with Jamal,” Fluffy said, “He must have cheated.”

“Really?” Tyrone asked, “That’s what you think? That’s what it seems like most of the time. His strategy is flawless, and his pride doesn’t get in the way. If he sees fit to retreat he retreats.”

“Why?” Shino asked, “How does he have the battle experience of a veteran, but is only 14?”

“Dan and I are not like normal ninja,” Tyrone said, “We had a natural sense of fighting ability, as well as a strong blood-line limits that complimented our fighting styles. Dan however, chose to go above and beyond that, and started learning as many jutsus as he could. He has an aptitude for all jutsus because, as Shikamaru said earlier, because he understands how they work. This is what he tries to teach his students, how to counter just about every obstacle that could possibly be put in your path.”

“I wouldn’t mind so much if he wasn’t so smug about it,” Winni said, “He acts all cool as if he doesn’t care about winning.”

“He has to,” Tyrone said, “If he didn’t… well…”

“What?” Nova asked.

“He might lose control,” Tyrone said, “He has to keep his tongue in cheek, and he and keep a cool head. Otherwise …”

“Other wise what?!” Takashi asked.

“Other wise I might get full of myself and make all of you work twice as hard as I normally do,” Dan said, causing mass confusion and surprise, “And if you ask any of my past students, you know how dangerous that is.”

“How did you do that?” Rock Lee asked, “It is impossible to simply be not be there one second and there the next.”

“I knew one man who could,” Dan said, “His nickname was the Yellow Flash. You know him as the 4th Hokage.” This quickly quieted the entire room.

“How did you know the 4th?” Neji asked.

“I fought along side him,” Dan said, “I was the only one he passed his techniques onto. And one of you here has the aptitude to use his techniques. Like I said earlier, training begins tomorrow. One of you is in for a rougher day than the rest.”

There were a few moments of awkward silence before Winni broke the silence, by asking, “How was your guitar practice Dan?”

“Oh it was fine,” Dan said, “I myself am practicing a new technique for emergencies only. If you ever have the fortune of seeing it, you will see just how awesome it is.”

………………………………............................................................................................................................

Later that night, all eyes were closed except for two red ones. Sasuke was on the far side of the village, his
Sharingan activated to make sure no one was watching.

“Sasuke have you breached his hide-out?” Kabuto’s voice said. His voice was coming out of Sasuke’s pocket, and Sasuke quickly took out the two-way earpiece.

“Quiet!” Sasuke hissed, “You’ll wake up everyone here! Yes I’m in, and they’ve taken me under their wing. As soon as I can pinpoint our location we can begin the attack again. Don’t worry everything will be fine.”

Sasuke then turned the earpiece off, and silently ran back to his room.

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hflp on April 10, 2008, 4:51:28 AM

hflp on
hflpIsn't Kabuto dead?

AnimeAngel87 on October 26, 2007, 10:20:55 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87I Heart this Chappie

moog1895 on October 21, 2007, 11:19:44 AM

moog1895 on
moog1895:DD i love your stories

sasukeXsakuraforever on October 21, 2007, 3:42:17 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverHoly cow!!!... idk, I just wanted to say that. Awesome chappie, it pretty much answered all my questions that I was going to ask you, heh^^ I'm excited to read the next chappie, It's so good!

winxgirl21 on October 18, 2007, 9:48:01 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21omg! Sasuke's goin to betray them!! I can't believe it!! Awesome chapter! And don't worry about having taken a break, everyone needs one at some point ^-^. Great chapter, btw!

Symphoniaprincess101 on October 18, 2007, 9:12:06 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101i'm a kill him when am i comeing in the story come on hurry up><but never the less awsome like always 100000 boxes of pocky for you.

Kouni46892742 on October 18, 2007, 8:29:46 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742Sasuke is a traitor! You meanie, Sasuke! Once Nara finds out, oooh, busted!

nextguardian on October 17, 2007, 12:09:05 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardiannice work!

vesblondie on October 17, 2007, 11:55:58 AM

vesblondie on
vesblondie*gasp* I see all meh friends in there XDDD YAY! I liked this chappie! *hugs* lol Fluffy, you're insain!
Awwwwws! Naruto and Hinata! I love it! :D Very very good job!

Konohasdarkshadow on October 17, 2007, 11:54:13 AM

Konohasdarkshadow on
Konohasdarkshadowdan...YOU CHEATED!!! (obviously)...sasuke your a traitor...a double traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...NICE CHAP!!!^^