Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - The Festival

Nikky Kirishima,of The Village Hidden In The Heavens has fallen in love;How can she set aside her feelings for the older boy so she can focus on her studies?It's brains/<3 as she tries to overcome <3,exams,and her newly found identity

Chapter 8 - The Festival

Chapter 8 - The Festival
Nikora couldn't remember ever having so much fun. Finn and her went around to each of the shops, where most were giving out free samples and things. They played games, none of which Nikora actually won, but were fun all the same.
 
It wasn't until half-way through all the fun that Nikora caught a glimpse of the boy she'd ran into that moring. They had been headed for the Cafe when she saw him so, she quickly asked the Kokomo's if she could catch up with them in just a sec.
 
"Oh! I'll go with you-" Finn started, but then stopped when she caught a glimpse Nikora's look.
 
She gave a quizzical look, followed by Nikora mouthing the words, "I'll explain later" and then she took off for where she'd last seen him. As she searched, she thought about how she'd have to make up a story to tell Finn later on.
 
"Aha!" Nikora thought to herself.
 
She saw the boy helping some lady with  large bag over to a table. Nikora waited for him to finish before approachng him shyly, with her hands behind her back.
 
"Y-you!" Lee said, when Nikora was standing right in front of him.
 
"L-listen...," Nikora started, blushing furiously and looking at her feet,"I-I'm sorry about this morning....I was being really rude and I- I-"

Nikora looked up into his face, which looked very serious, like he was taking in every single word, "I didn't mean to hurt your feeling or anything. I'm sorry."
 
What happened next surprised her and caused her to blush even more. Lee's eyes were filling with tears and he then lurched forward, embracing her in a hug.
 
Nikora just stared into space, completely thunderstruck. What the heck was he doing?!
 
"No one has ever- You- Thanks!!" she heard him say.
 
BAM!
 
"You slimy no-good CREEP!" Finn's voice shouted, "Get offa her!!"
 
Lee, who had face-planted into the ground, was now pulling himself up and rubbing the back of his head, where a bump had appeared.
 
"F-Finn!" Nikora said in astonishment.
 
"Ahh! Yes! Finn saves the day!" she said triumphantly, but then her jaw dropped when she saw what Nikora was doing," Are you crazy?!"
 
"Lee? Are you okay?!" Nikora said, horrified, while rubbing Lee's shoulder.
 
"I'm sorry- I'm sorry- I'm sorry- I'm sorry," Lee continued muttering to himself.
 
"Finn!" Nikora said, turning on Finn, "What was that for? He was jus' thanking me! And didn't I tell you not to come?!"
 
"Yeah but-"
 
"I can take care of myself, thanks," Nikora said, narrowing her eyes.
 
Ignoring her previous comment with a grin, she said, "Who is this guy anyway?"
 
"This is Lee and-"
 
"She was just-"
 
"I ACCIDENTALLY stepped on his foot just now, causing him to trip- and that's how he fell so- you see, this is all just one big misunderstanding!!!" Nikora said, speaking over Lee.
 
Finn blushed, looking VERY embarrassed and said, " Oh...I'm sorry!"
 
"Uh...it's..o-kay?" Lee said, looking confused.
 
"Well, we better go-" Nikora said, grabbing Finn's arms, " Bye!"
 
And with that, she left Lee standing all alone, rubbing the back of his head as if he might have just bumped it too hard.
 
When they finally arrived at the Cafe, where Mr. and Mrs. Kokomo were impatiently waiting, they had made up and were content once again.
 
Nikora's conscience had been lifted, since she'd apologized, but her and Finn's little fight back there had made her worry, even as she laughed along with Finn at the table they were eating at. Why hadn't she trusted her? Nikora was just as old as she was and really could tale care of herself. Just because Finn had graduated before her didn't mean that she could watch over Nikora like a little kid.
 
Nikora tried pushing the thought out of her head as she continued to try enjoying the night.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment