Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Fresh Air

Nikky Kirishima,of The Village Hidden In The Heavens has fallen in love;How can she set aside her feelings for the older boy so she can focus on her studies?It's brains/<3 as she tries to overcome <3,exams,and her newly found identity

Chapter 9 - Fresh Air

Chapter 9 - Fresh Air
 
.. Enter:
`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`
 
..Nikora sighed and pulled her hair out of it’s bun as she tumbled onto the bed.
 
 “What a night!” she wailed while running her fingers through her now undone hair.
 
 “I know,” Finn agreed, undoing her own as well. 
 
“I can’t wait to be home,” Nikora said dreamily, thinking of her own cozy bed at home.
 
 “Especailly with you bumping into that Lee character AND lying to me,” said Finn.
 
 “What?” Nikora asked, trying to sound innocent, but the panic was written all over her face.
 
 “First you told me that he was thanking you, and THEN you tell me he just tripped- so which is it, Nikky? C’mon, trust me! I’m your best friend!!”
 
 Nikora flushed, trying to remember exactly what she’d said. Had she really made the mistake of saying both reasons?
 
 “Ugh, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Nikora said, wanting the subject to end.
 
 “Nikora-“ Finn started sternly.
 
 “I’m going for a walk,” Nikora said, cutting her off, “I just need some fresh air.” 
 
Finn paused, with a concerned, almost motherly look in her eye, before saying, “Fine.” 
 
Had Finn always looked at her like that? Was she just noticing this now? 
 
“It’s not like she’s my mom or anything,” Nikora said to herself, halfway down the hall, “ I-I mean she just needs to give me my space!!” 
 
And why was all this happening now?! As if it wasn’t enough to worry about exams.
 
 Nikora opened the door to the inn and stepped out into the night breeze. The streets were cleared of all people. The decorations were gone. It was above all, a perfect night for a stroll.
 
 Nikora watched as the few houses whose lights were still on eventually went out. She only planned on walking down the street, but found herself wandering into the forest.
 
She climbed up into a tree and looked up at the night sky for a small while while, knowing that the Kokomos' would worry if she stayed too long.
 
Finally she decided she'd had enough fresh air, and headed back. On the way, however, she noticed a boy walking down the deserted street. He had long brown hair and pale blue eyes. Nikora was somehow captivated with them, but what the boy said next quickly pushed her feelings aside.
 
"Someone as weak as yourself shouldn't be wandering the Village this late at night."
 
Nikora, who was usually pretty shy, shot back, "Someone as ugly as you shouldn't be wandering the Village either!"
 
The boy frowned and said, "Your not from around here. Who are you?"
 
"None of your business," Nikora said, and stuck her tongue out, just for effect.
 
"Ugh," he said in disgust, "Go away, I don't have time to deal with losers like you. I can already see through your little act. Your a failure, just like so many people I know."
 
He then walked coolly past her, leaving Nikora speechless. She shook with rage and could feel the tears coming.
 
"No...," she growled, "NO!"
 
She then swung around and, without thinking, tossed a kunai at him. The boy quickly dodged it and swung around himself.
 
"So? You want to fight me do you?" he said.
 
"I am Nikora Kirishima, of the Village Hidden in the Heavens. An I'm gonna make you wish you'd never called ME a failure!!"
 
"I'm Neji Hyuga, of the Hyuga Clan. And this battle...is already won."
 
 

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on July 13, 2008, 6:03:38 AM

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on
Y0URIMAGINARYFRIENDOMG! A fight with Neji?!?! And she's not even a genin!

SunaNoFara on November 16, 2007, 11:57:39 AM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraContinue!!!!
I'm dying!
Continue!
Don't torture me with cliff-hangers!!!
--love it! =D

rlkitten on November 16, 2007, 12:27:43 PM

rlkitten on
rlkittensa'bout time!! >=D