Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Friend in Need

Her name is Aurelia.
She is the princess of Angel Land, destined to become the Orchid Angel of Peace. She hates sitting around doing nothing, and so she trains in the art of war against her mother's wishes. She's a skilled archer, and is also part of a s

Chapter 1 - A Friend in Need

Chapter 1 - A Friend in Need
Way up in the clouds, you can find a kingdom in the sky that only angels know about, called the Sky Kingdom. Its capital, Angel Land, was the home for all known angels, of all wing colors, of all types.

Inside Angel Palace, a lone angel guard sat on the marble floor. His brown bangs kept getting in the way, but he didn’t care. His blue eyes were as clear as sapphires, staring off into the distance. Careful not to get his wings dirty, he sat away from the wall and near a column. “Yo, Pit!” another angel with bright red hair, brown eyes, and bright orange wings called. “Hello, Aeson....how’s watch coming?” Pit replied. “Pretty good, no signs of trouble,” answered Aeson. “Good,” replied the seated angel, “I’m just taking a break for a while.....training wiped me out.” “Nice,” Aeson said, “have fun.” Aeson flew off into the distance, and Pit, bored already, got to his feet. “What’s the use?” Pit thought aloud, “I was destined to be a soldier from the very beginning.....I should train more.....who knows what will happen?”

As Pit walked across the courtyard, Aeson returned, flustered. “It’s the queen! She’s coming! You’re being promoted!” Pit almost fainted. Promoted? Wasn’t he head of the bodyguards already? He dashed to the throne room faster than lightning. Once he got there, he threw himself onto the floor in respect. “Your majesty,” he said, about as flustered as Aeson. “Please, you may rise,” said the queen. Pit finally got up from the hard, cold floor. “You wanted to see me?” he asked. “Yes...” the queen replied, “I wanted to promote you to highest royal guard. But I see you might be on duty.” “Actually, I don’t have a watch as of now.....” Pit said. “I know, but this duty is my assignment. See, the princess--my daughter--is missing. She dissapeared a day ago, and as of now, it is your job to find her and bring her back here. Then I will promote you. Do you understand?” Pit nodded. “Very well. Starting tomorrow, you are to leave Angel Land and search the Beyond Worlds. Today you can search the grounds. You are dismissed.” Pit gave a salute customary within the Royal Family, and left.

“What did the queen want? Did you get promoted?” Aeson asked. “No promotion yet....I just have to find a princess,” Pit replied. “The missing princess? How cool is that! You got the highest mission of the whole angel guard!” Aeson said. “Yeah....but I have to leave Angel Land though...as of tomorrow, I have to visit the Beyond Worlds,” said Pit, “plus, I have to search the grounds today. If the princess ran away, then why would she still be here?” “Cheer up, Pit,” Aeson said, patting him on the back, “It will all work out in the end. Plus, you’ve been in worse binds. Don’t get so depressed. Not on my watch.” Pit laughed. “I knew I could count on you, Aeson!”

After some time, Pit flew up to the gazebo in the sky to see if the missing princess was in the air. Plus, he loved the view his wings could carry him to. Angel Land was so beautiful, it was hard to leave. Suddenly, the Air Siren went off. Pit flew as fast as he could downwards to the city. People everywhere were running out of the city. “What’s going on?!” Pit cried. His own party of guards, not including Aeson, were flying out overhead. “Blighters,” Pit mumbled, “they take orders from almost everyone.” Pit ran against the currents of the crowd to find Aeson. They met at the gate. “Pit! What are you doing?” Aeson asked, panting. “I was going to ask you the same question!” Pit replied, a little agitated. “There’s some dark angels here. They call themselves ‘Shadow’s Wing.’ They’re here to destroy the palace!” Pit was almost frozen in shock, but Aeson held out a bow. “Take this, it will help you more than it did me!” And he left. The bow was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. It was golden, almost blade-like, and sapphire sheets that glimmered to ametyst were inset at the center of each end. The only thing was that there was no string and no quiver. As of now, Pit didn’t care. He rushed through the raging mob of people and was stopped by a cloaked figure. He was an angel, but you couldn’t see his face. His wings were as black as the night, and he had a bright red wristband on his right arm. “Who are you?” Pit asked. “Darknessssssss.......” the cloaked figure replied, hissing. Pit got to his feet. “Whoever you are, you’re no match for me!” The cloaked figure laughed in a hissing, almost snake-like fashion. “Defeat....is YOURSSSSSSSSSssssssss..........” Suddenly, Pit was almost magnetized to the dirt ground. He thought he truly was finished, until....

WHOOSH!!

A streak of lavender light struck the cloaked figure, and Pit was able to stand again. He turned to see where the light came from, and he saw a black-haired angel girl with purple eyes holding a bow similar to his. Her black bangs covered one side of her face completely, and her hair reached beyond her waist. Her wings were dark purple, like violets. “Hurry! Let’s go!” she said, grabbing Pit’s hand and flying off, taking him to the skies.

~

“Uh...I just wanted to thank you for saving me!” cried Pit as they were flying farther away from Angel Land. “Oh! You’re welcome! Sorry I scared you, I’m not with the cloaked dude. Actually, I’m against him,” said the girl. “Well....” said Pit, “My name’s Pit. I’m the head of bodyguards at Angel Palace.” “That’s cool,” said the girl, “I’m...well....call me Aurelia.” “Okay, Aurelia,” replied Pit. Aurelia had let go of Pit’s hand and now they were flying side-by-side. “Where exactly are we going?” Pit finally asked. “Away from Angel Land....probably to the South Desert. See, my mom is so clueless, she calls them the Beyond Worlds. She said a lot of people don’t know what they are, and that’s probably because she’s never been there herself,” Aurelia said, “I just want to leave, that’s all.” Pit was silent. Even he had called it the Beyond Worlds. Was it really true that they had names? Pit thought of this as they soared through the already sun-setting sky.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Nintendo_Nut on May 30, 2006, 10:43:11 AM

Nintendo_Nut on
Nintendo_NutAw, what a cute little tale! ^^ Can't wait to see what's next.
Though, you need to have paragraph breaks whenever a new person speaks to avoid confusion, and work on your description and word choice. A Thesaurus is your best friend!
I know, I sound a bit too critical, but I only wish to help you, honestly! This story has so much potential! Always work to better yourself!
Can't wait for the next chappie! YAAY PIT!!!!