Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - chapter 6

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 6 - chapter 6

Chapter 6 - chapter 6
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

Sakura nodded her head yes, and explained the little that she knew about the game. Sasuke then began going over the rest, following the major points from the book.

“I think that you’ve got it, Sakura.” Sasuke said to her.

“Can you quiz me one more time?” Sakura asked. “I’m really nervous about this test. I didn’t know teachers could even give tests in P.E., let alone tests on sports.”

Sasuke laughed a little, ‘Well, you know now. Are you sure you want to go over it again?”

“Positive.” Sakura replied.

“Fine.” Sasuke said. “How many players are on a court at the same time?”

“Five.” Sakura replied automatically.

“How many points is a basket worth?” Sasuke asked.

“Two, or three if it’s past the three point line.” Sakura said.

“How big is the college sized basketball court?” Sasuke asked.

“50 feet by 94 feet.” Sakura replied.

“Why was basketball invented?” Sasuke quizzed.

“To keep unruly football players in line during the winter season. Or, rather, to give them something to do.” Sakura said.

“Sakura, you know this stuff as well as I do. Are you satisfied now?” Sasuke asked his friend.

“I guess. Although I’m still going to be a little nervous. I always am before any kind of test.” Sakura replied.

"Well, I can assure you that you’re going to do fine.” Sasuke said.

“Thanks, Sasuke.” Sakura said with a smile. “I actually do feel a bit confident about this test. If only just a little bit.”

“That’s good.” Sasuke replied.

“Yea, it is.” Sakura said.

“So, Sakura, do you want to stay for dinner? I’m guessing that your house has already eaten since it’s getting a little bit late.” Sasuke said.

“Yea, that would be nice.” Sakura said.

“Ok, well, we’re having spaghetti, so I hope you like it.” Sasuke said.

Sakura nodded her head. “It’s one of my favorite foods.” She said with a smile.

“Hn. That’s good then.” Sasuke said. “Come on, I’ll show you where the dining room is. It’ll probably just be you, me and Itachi since my parents went out for dinner.” Sasuke said as he led Sakura out of the room.

“That’s ok.” Sakura said.

“Oh, and you might want to do your best to ignore Itachi.” Sasuke said.

“I’ll add that to my mental list of things to do.” Sakura said.

“Ok then.” Sasuke said. They walked the rest of the way to the dining room in silence. After a couple of minutes, they arrived at the dining room.

“You can sit there.” Sasuke said as he motioned to a seat opposite the one he was sitting in. There was one other seat, which was next to both of them, where she assumed Itachi would sit. Her assumption was proved to be correct when Itachi walked into the dining room a couple of minutes later and sat in the empty seat.

“Ah, I see your girlfriend is staying for dinner, little brother.” Itachi said.

“Itachi, she isn’t my girlfriend.” Sasuke said.

“But you wish she was.” Itachi said. Sasuke chose to ignore this statement, and Sakura was blushing.

“So, Sakura was it?” Itachi asked turning towards Sakura.

“Um, yes?” Sakura asked him.

“How long have you and my brother been together?” He asked her.

“Actually, like Sasuke said, we’re only friends.” Sakura replied to his question.

“Hmm. You two won’t be saying that for long.” Itachi said. Sakura felt compelled to say something else to him, but remembered Sasuke’s advice.

‘Is this what Sasuke has to deal with al of the time?’ She thought. Sure, Taichi could be annoying, but he knew when to stop his pestering. And Itachi just didn’t know when to stop. ‘I have a feeling that this is how the rest of the meal is going to go.’

“So, Sasuke, do you know who’s picking up from school monday?” Sakura asked, even though she already knew. It was TenTen’s turn to have her driver pick up.

“It’s TenTen’s, I think.” Sasuke said.

“Ok, that’s what I thought, but I wasn’t sure.” Sakura said.

“So have you started the packet for Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asked.

“Not yet. I’ve been kind of busy lately.” He replied.

“I’ve done the first two pages, and it’s pretty easy, except for a few questions.” Sakura said.

“Well, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem then.” Sasuke replied.

“Wow, Sasuke.” Itachi said, "I’ve never heard you talk this much to a girl besides mother. Things must be serious.”

Sasuke sighed, “Itachi, will you please quit it?” Sasuke asked his older brother.

“Oh, now you’re getting defensive! I must have hit a sensitive spot!” Itachi exclaimed with fake concern in his voice and a smirk on his face. “Well, little brother? Is it true? Is your sensitive spot Sakura-chan?”

Sakura was blushing like mad at this point, but she followed Sasuke’s lead and ignored him.

“So, Sakura?” Itachi asked her. “You know how pretty you are?” Sakura just sat there ignoring him, and concentrating on her spaghetti, as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. “You know, if Sasuke isn’t going to go after you, maybe I should. What do you think, Sasuke?” Sasuke ignored him. “So, Sakura, do you want to go out sometime? Hmm?” Sakura still ignored him. He went on pestering her as well as Sasuke for the rest of dinner.

When they had finished eating, Sakura was just glad to escape being in the same room as Itachi. Once Sasuke excused himself from the table, so did she. They left the dining room and went back to the living room.

Once they were seated on the couch, Sasuke turned to her. “I’m really sorry about Itachi. If I had known he’d be ten times worse at dinner, then I would have had us eat in the kitchen.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it.” Sakura replied. “But I have a question: Does he always act like that?”

“Like what? Being totally and completely annoying?” Sasuke asked. “Kind of. He knows that I’m living in his shadow at the moment. Everything I do is compared to him. It’s not fun, especially since he’s a genius.”

“But, Sasuke, you’re really smart too.” Sakura said, concerned for her friend.

“Not as smart as Itachi. I’m stupid compared to him. At least in my parents’ eyes, I am.” Sasuke said.

“That’s not true, Sasuke!” Sakura said as she threw her arms around her friend, hugging him. “You’re really smart, and I don’t want to hear you comparing yourself to your brother again, ok?” Sakura asked as she leaned back so that she could look at him. Sasuke just looked at his friend, dumbfounded.

“Sasuke?” Sakura asked, wanting his answer.

“I’ll try, Sakura. I’ll try.” Sasuke said as he shook his head. This girl truly amazed him.

A/N: I don’t really like the way this chapter turned out. It was really hard to write for some reason. I’d like to thank finalfantasy for her idea of Itachi hitting on Sakura. You guys, I do consider every idea that someone throws my way, so don’t be afraid to tell me if you do have an idea for my story. Also, for everyone who helped me get through the couple of weeks after my cat Zoe died, I’d like to let you guys know that my family went to the animal shelter yesterday and we adopted a cat. She’s around two years old, and we named her Isabelle, Izzy for short. We pick her up from the vet tomorrow evening. She’ll never replace Zoe, but I’m glad that we can make another animal a part of our family. ^-^

Comments

Comments (23)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on December 30, 2007, 12:46:56 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013i forgot how great this chap was

winxgirl21 on December 31, 2007, 4:18:53 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol, glad you think so! ^-^

kogalover2013 on October 28, 2007, 2:33:46 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013go sakura go sakura go sakura go sakura go sakura go sakura go sakura p.s. my inner sakura is screaming

winxgirl21 on October 29, 2007, 8:24:10 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

kagome99 on August 20, 2007, 7:18:13 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99I luved it so far.I want to read it more so don't even think about stopping it.

winxgirl21 on August 20, 2007, 10:34:53 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz thanks ^-^

gaaralover1 on August 19, 2007, 11:12:42 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1-__-

Zelda: Itachi please... PLEASE back off.... *sniff* leave SasuXSaku alone!!!

Me: Emotional much? Wait what am I saying?? ZELDA'S THE AnimaTED ME!!! * Whacks head* * Mutters* Baka..

winxgirl21 on August 20, 2007, 3:19:06 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, yea, He does need to back off, but i don't know if he will or not...hehe...

sasukeXsakuraforever on August 15, 2007, 11:21:41 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverHaha! Itachi you.. you! Gah! I can't even think of a word to call you at the moment! >_< Any who (I say "any who" alot, don't I?) great chapter. Its nice to read a good SasuSaku moment here and there! Awesome job! *gives you the Lee thumbs up and teeth sparkle*

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 19, 2007, 9:02:11 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Don't do the Lee thing plz!!!!!!!!!!that's crayz enough when Lee dose it.as for what to call Itachi how about annoying crayz head?

winxgirl21 on August 15, 2007, 11:49:52 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, yea, you do, but everyone has stuf that they say often...I have a lot of phrases, lolz! Yea, I've been putting a lot of SasuSaku moments in my stories lately...but they're really fun to write, so what can i do? *sighs* lolz ^-^ (lolz is what I say alot, alot!)

erandor3 on August 17, 2007, 11:09:49 AM

erandor3 on
erandor3it took long enough i've waited a long time for a new chapter pleeze write more pleeze write more!

winxgirl21 on August 17, 2007, 11:34:50 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Sorry, I've kind of been having a little bit of trouble with my writing laltely ^-^' I actually started the next chapter, but i've hit a tiny roadblock with it at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to overcome it shortly.

erandor3 on August 18, 2007, 2:09:16 AM

erandor3 on
erandor3is chapter 7 coming soon then?

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 19, 2007, 8:36:59 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101sure sounds like it^^YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY^^

winxgirl21 on August 19, 2007, 9:23:49 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I hope. I'm about halfway through it. But I actually keep gettig inturrupted. if you read the pink paragraph on my ptofile you guys will se why it's taking so long and stuffs.

AnimeAngel87 on August 17, 2007, 2:52:52 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87Itachi's a petifile

x]

winxgirl21 on August 17, 2007, 5:03:36 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21hmmm...no, I think he's just trying to get Sasuke mad...but you never know...

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 16, 2007, 1:00:54 PM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101OMG O.O Awsome^^LOL what Itachi was doing was funny^0^50 more cookies^^

winxgirl21 on August 16, 2007, 11:03:44 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, Thanks! More cookies! Yayfulness!

TheBestDamnThing on August 16, 2007, 7:57:39 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThing*aplause* really good!OMG!!the food was horrible to day at school.ya...and we didnt get our lockers or our scheduls!!!!omg i was mad!!!but i like this school its alot better than other schools...except for a girl who really acts like ino on the tv show!!!ya and i WAS like sakura me and her used to fight over a guy...but thats over...but she still calls me a pethetic loser...but yay i didnt get her in my class this year!!

winxgirl21 on August 16, 2007, 8:05:35 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Wow, I hate it when the school food tastes bad...>.< our school has the best french fries and macaroni and cheese ever, though...Someone who really acts like Ino? That's gotta be no fun. I don't know anybody like that. (I guess I'm lucky?) That's awesome taht she isn't in your class! I hate it when mean girls are in my classes, but with seven different classes plus our xaverian hour clubs, it's to be expected at my school....

TheBestDamnThing on August 16, 2007, 9:51:34 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingya....she acts excactly like ino!!!!and it gets me angry that she finaly got one of my guy friends as a bofriend...lol ya and we used to be bestfriends too!!!!lol ya until she started hanging out with better firends and then we started liking the same guy.....mostly excactly like the ino sakura story!

winxgirl21 on August 16, 2007, 10:08:34 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21wow. That is exactly like the Sakura/Ino thing! I've actually had friends who hung out with me, and then they thought someone else was more popular so they went to hang out with them. Too bad taht it turned out that I was more popular than the otehr people (trust me, i'm not very popular at all. Some of my friends are though, so it gives me just enough status to not be a loser >.<) then thye came back to hang out with me again, and I was all, excuse me, who are you again? XD

TheBestDamnThing on August 16, 2007, 12:03:16 PM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingLOL!!XD!!ya me and chels are always fighting...tho we never show it but we give each other looks...as the always say..."actions speak loader than words!expescaily when u flip em off!"lol

winxgirl21 on August 16, 2007, 10:59:44 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Yes! Very, very true! lolz ^-^

TheBestDamnThing on August 20, 2007, 9:23:49 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingOMG!!!!lOl ya omg this is like sooooo weird...ok i was in my Ag (agriculture"elective") when i had givin my money to the teacher to swich to art...and then CHEALSY walkes through the door!!!lOl ya im soooo glad i swiched aparently she wasnt there when we got our sqeduals...lOl but i wont be in a class with hutton ='( oh well i can always call him!LOL oMG! i got a new cell phone for my bday!!!lOlz ill try not to be like tenten and hand it to my mom when she threaens me of taking it away! *wink* lOl ya.... i cant wait till i get my squedual changed!!!

winxgirl21 on August 20, 2007, 10:37:10 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21That was really weird, taht she walked in when you handed th teacher the money to switch classes >.< That's awesome that you got a cell phone! And yea, don't be like TenTen, i already am XD

TheBestDamnThing on August 20, 2007, 10:40:38 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThinglOl XD!!ya its a razor v3 and its charcoal but ill get a cover for it!...ya ag is like the most boring thing to do!!so now i get to draw for a flippin hour!

winxgirl21 on August 20, 2007, 10:43:51 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I loved my art class last year. i'm taking a drawing course this year. ^-^ Really? I have an orange enV. I had to pay my parents like $90 for it, though. It was my upgrade, so it was a really good deal. ^-^

TheBestDamnThing on August 20, 2007, 10:52:34 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingthats cool...im getting a pink coverwith black skulls on it...just cus i want to make my mom mad cus she dont like skulls *eviiiilllll tenten smile*

winxgirl21 on August 21, 2007, 7:14:59 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, niice! I love it when skulls are on things, but my mom thinks that they're cute.

TheBestDamnThing on August 21, 2007, 7:18:46 AM

TheBestDamnThing on
TheBestDamnThingmine thinks u go goth just by putting skulls.....i hAVE to say mom"im not goth...its punk!!" she said whatever!!

winxgirl21 on August 21, 2007, 7:36:49 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21my mom is just like "those are cute." And i'm just, yup! I have a pair of skull earrings that freak my friend's out because they think I'm such a girly girl, and then they look @ me and i have skulls hangin from my ears XD

cloudaeris on August 15, 2007, 12:57:22 PM

cloudaeris on
cloudaerisI love it! CHA!

winxgirl21 on August 15, 2007, 11:30:42 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, Thankies! ^-^