Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - chapter 6

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 6 - chapter 6

Chapter 6 - chapter 6
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

Sakura nodded her head yes, and explained the little that she knew about the game. Sasuke then began going over the rest, following the major points from the book.

“I think that you’ve got it, Sakura.” Sasuke said to her.

“Can you quiz me one more time?” Sakura asked. “I’m really nervous about this test. I didn’t know teachers could even give tests in P.E., let alone tests on sports.”

Sasuke laughed a little, ‘Well, you know now. Are you sure you want to go over it again?”

“Positive.” Sakura replied.

“Fine.” Sasuke said. “How many players are on a court at the same time?”

“Five.” Sakura replied automatically.

“How many points is a basket worth?” Sasuke asked.

“Two, or three if it’s past the three point line.” Sakura said.

“How big is the college sized basketball court?” Sasuke asked.

“50 feet by 94 feet.” Sakura replied.

“Why was basketball invented?” Sasuke quizzed.

“To keep unruly football players in line during the winter season. Or, rather, to give them something to do.” Sakura said.

“Sakura, you know this stuff as well as I do. Are you satisfied now?” Sasuke asked his friend.

“I guess. Although I’m still going to be a little nervous. I always am before any kind of test.” Sakura replied.

"Well, I can assure you that you’re going to do fine.” Sasuke said.

“Thanks, Sasuke.” Sakura said with a smile. “I actually do feel a bit confident about this test. If only just a little bit.”

“That’s good.” Sasuke replied.

“Yea, it is.” Sakura said.

“So, Sakura, do you want to stay for dinner? I’m guessing that your house has already eaten since it’s getting a little bit late.” Sasuke said.

“Yea, that would be nice.” Sakura said.

“Ok, well, we’re having spaghetti, so I hope you like it.” Sasuke said.

Sakura nodded her head. “It’s one of my favorite foods.” She said with a smile.

“Hn. That’s good then.” Sasuke said. “Come on, I’ll show you where the dining room is. It’ll probably just be you, me and Itachi since my parents went out for dinner.” Sasuke said as he led Sakura out of the room.

“That’s ok.” Sakura said.

“Oh, and you might want to do your best to ignore Itachi.” Sasuke said.

“I’ll add that to my mental list of things to do.” Sakura said.

“Ok then.” Sasuke said. They walked the rest of the way to the dining room in silence. After a couple of minutes, they arrived at the dining room.

“You can sit there.” Sasuke said as he motioned to a seat opposite the one he was sitting in. There was one other seat, which was next to both of them, where she assumed Itachi would sit. Her assumption was proved to be correct when Itachi walked into the dining room a couple of minutes later and sat in the empty seat.

“Ah, I see your girlfriend is staying for dinner, little brother.” Itachi said.

“Itachi, she isn’t my girlfriend.” Sasuke said.

“But you wish she was.” Itachi said. Sasuke chose to ignore this statement, and Sakura was blushing.

“So, Sakura was it?” Itachi asked turning towards Sakura.

“Um, yes?” Sakura asked him.

“How long have you and my brother been together?” He asked her.

“Actually, like Sasuke said, we’re only friends.” Sakura replied to his question.

“Hmm. You two won’t be saying that for long.” Itachi said. Sakura felt compelled to say something else to him, but remembered Sasuke’s advice.

‘Is this what Sasuke has to deal with al of the time?’ She thought. Sure, Taichi could be annoying, but he knew when to stop his pestering. And Itachi just didn’t know when to stop. ‘I have a feeling that this is how the rest of the meal is going to go.’

“So, Sasuke, do you know who’s picking up from school monday?” Sakura asked, even though she already knew. It was TenTen’s turn to have her driver pick up.

“It’s TenTen’s, I think.” Sasuke said.

“Ok, that’s what I thought, but I wasn’t sure.” Sakura said.

“So have you started the packet for Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asked.

“Not yet. I’ve been kind of busy lately.” He replied.

“I’ve done the first two pages, and it’s pretty easy, except for a few questions.” Sakura said.

“Well, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem then.” Sasuke replied.

“Wow, Sasuke.” Itachi said, "I’ve never heard you talk this much to a girl besides mother. Things must be serious.”

Sasuke sighed, “Itachi, will you please quit it?” Sasuke asked his older brother.

“Oh, now you’re getting defensive! I must have hit a sensitive spot!” Itachi exclaimed with fake concern in his voice and a smirk on his face. “Well, little brother? Is it true? Is your sensitive spot Sakura-chan?”

Sakura was blushing like mad at this point, but she followed Sasuke’s lead and ignored him.

“So, Sakura?” Itachi asked her. “You know how pretty you are?” Sakura just sat there ignoring him, and concentrating on her spaghetti, as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. “You know, if Sasuke isn’t going to go after you, maybe I should. What do you think, Sasuke?” Sasuke ignored him. “So, Sakura, do you want to go out sometime? Hmm?” Sakura still ignored him. He went on pestering her as well as Sasuke for the rest of dinner.

When they had finished eating, Sakura was just glad to escape being in the same room as Itachi. Once Sasuke excused himself from the table, so did she. They left the dining room and went back to the living room.

Once they were seated on the couch, Sasuke turned to her. “I’m really sorry about Itachi. If I had known he’d be ten times worse at dinner, then I would have had us eat in the kitchen.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it.” Sakura replied. “But I have a question: Does he always act like that?”

“Like what? Being totally and completely annoying?” Sasuke asked. “Kind of. He knows that I’m living in his shadow at the moment. Everything I do is compared to him. It’s not fun, especially since he’s a genius.”

“But, Sasuke, you’re really smart too.” Sakura said, concerned for her friend.

“Not as smart as Itachi. I’m stupid compared to him. At least in my parents’ eyes, I am.” Sasuke said.

“That’s not true, Sasuke!” Sakura said as she threw her arms around her friend, hugging him. “You’re really smart, and I don’t want to hear you comparing yourself to your brother again, ok?” Sakura asked as she leaned back so that she could look at him. Sasuke just looked at his friend, dumbfounded.

“Sasuke?” Sakura asked, wanting his answer.

“I’ll try, Sakura. I’ll try.” Sasuke said as he shook his head. This girl truly amazed him.

A/N: I don’t really like the way this chapter turned out. It was really hard to write for some reason. I’d like to thank finalfantasy for her idea of Itachi hitting on Sakura. You guys, I do consider every idea that someone throws my way, so don’t be afraid to tell me if you do have an idea for my story. Also, for everyone who helped me get through the couple of weeks after my cat Zoe died, I’d like to let you guys know that my family went to the animal shelter yesterday and we adopted a cat. She’s around two years old, and we named her Isabelle, Izzy for short. We pick her up from the vet tomorrow evening. She’ll never replace Zoe, but I’m glad that we can make another animal a part of our family. ^-^

Comments

Comments (23)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rffraff05 on August 15, 2007, 11:19:01 AM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05Yay good chapter i love it! but i hate itachi in this you did a good job transitioning him over into the older brother in this series!

winxgirl21 on August 15, 2007, 11:47:47 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! I'm glad you think the transition was good. It's hard to make all the characters fit. Oh, and I'm going to go read your story's new chapter after i reply to my otehr review! ^-^