Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - chapter 9

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 9 - chapter 9

Chapter 9 - chapter 9
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Hn. All right.” Neji said as he walked with her back through the woods.


The next Day in the Limo


“Ok, guys, don’t jump on me when I tell you this.” TenTen said as she looked at the three faces that were looking intently at her.

“Ok, ok, just tell us already!” Ino exclaimed.

“Alright,” TenTen said. “Neji asked me to the homecoming.” She waited for her friends reaction.

“And??” Ino asked.

“And I said yes.” TenTen said.

“I knew it!” Ino squealed.

“I’m really happy for you, TenTen.” Hinata said.

"That’s awesome!” Sakura exclaimed, hiding her sinking feeling about being the only one without a date.

“Yea, I know. I’m really excited about it.” TenTen said happily.

“You’re excited? About a date? This is a first.” Ino said with a laugh. “You must really like him.”

“Yea, I do.” TenTen said with a small blush.

“It’s just…”TenTen started.

“Just what?” Hinata asked her friend.

“Well, I really, really like him, but what if he sees me as just a good friend to go to the dance with, or he doesn’t like me as much as I like him…” TenTen said. “It’s stupid, I know…but I can’t help but worry.”

“TenTen, you really don’t need to worry.” Hinata said. “I went over there the other day and I heard him talking to someone about you. I don’t know who it was because he was on the phone, but he was saying a lot of stuff that leads me to believe he’s crazy about you, even if he doesn’t show it. You know how he is. He doesn’t show his emotions very often.”

“Really, Hinata?” TenTen asked, totally shocked and happy at the same time. “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it!”

“You should. It isn’t obvious that he likes you, true, but come on TenTen.” Ino said.

“What do you mean, ‘come on’?” TenTen asked her friend.

“Really, TenTen. He wouldn’t be spending all of that time with you if he didn’t like you. Guys just don’t do that.” Ino said as she rolled her eyes.

“Says you.” TenTen said. She’d had plenty of just guy friends in the past. Ok, so that Mark guy had had a crush on her, but still, she’d had plenty of other guy friends.

“Sakura, what do you think?” Hinata asked her friend, who looked like she was staring off into space.

“Huh?” Sakura said as she snapped out of her thoughts. “What were we talking about again?”

“You weren’t even paying attention?” TenTen asked, a little annoyed with her friend.

"Were you thinking of Sasuke?” Ino asked teasingly.

“No, actually, I was thinking of giving out all of these.” Sakura said, holding up a stack of the notes that she needed to shove into guys lockers.

“Are those party invitations?” Ino asked, curious.

“No, they’re rejection letters.” Sakura said with a sigh.

“You got that many invites to the dance?” Hinata asked, a little wide-eyed.

“No.” Sakura said. “There were more. These are just the ones I have to slip into lockers.”

“Wow, that’s more than last year.” Ino said.

“Aren’t you going to accept any of them?” TenTen asked her friend.

“If they can’t ask me to my face, then I’m not going with them.” Sakura said decidedly.

“Ok then.” Ino said as she opened up the door, realizing that they had arrived at school.

“I’ll see you guys at lunch.” Sakura said as she went off to start shoving notes into lockers before classes started.

At lunch

“Finally, Sakura.” Ino said as she rolled her eyes. Her friend had just shown up at the table after making a ‘quick stop’ to shove some more rejection notes in some guys’ lockers. And there was only ten minutes of lunch left. Shows you how quick that was.

“Sorry, guys.” Sakura said as she sat down and pulled out a sandwich from her bag. She had obviously realized she wasn’t going to make the lunch line today. “I ran into some of the guys when I went and put the notes in their lockers.”

“What guys?” Naruto asked, curious. “And what notes?”

“Oh, just some rejection notes replying to ones stuck in my locker.” Sakura said nonchalantly.

“Rejection notes?” Naruto asked. “You replied to all of your notes? Sasuke didn’t even read his.” At this Naruto turned and grinned at his friend. “Isn’t that right?”

“Hn.” Sasuke replied.

“Well, I was brought up being told by my mother that you always respond to any note that someone writes you.” Sakura said as she finished off her sandwich.

“Well, Sasuke sure wasn’t taught that.” Naruto said, as he started laughing.

“Hm.” Sakura said as she stood up and prepared to leave.

“You’re leaving already?” TenTen asked her friend. TenTen was sitting next to Neji, just as Hinata and Ino were sitting next to Naruto and Shikamaru.

“Yea, I have some more stuff to finish before class starts.” Sakura said.

“More notes?” Ino asked. She’d thought that that had been the last of them.

“Checking my locker for more notes.” Sakura said.

“Oh. Well, I guess we’ll see you in class, then.” Hinata said.

“Yea, bye.” TenTen said.

“See ya, forehead.” Ino said as she turned back to face TenTen and started talking to her animatedly. What Sakura didn’t notice as she left was Ino texting Hinata and TenTen under the table.

Ino: You guys thinking what I’m thinking?

Hinata & TenTen: Wat?

Ino: Send Sasuke after her. Ten, you tell Sasuke you 4got 2 give Sakura some notes frm class, then ask him 2 give them 2 her since you have 2 go tlk 2 a teacher, k?

TenTen: Y do I always have to be the person to actually get involved?

Ino: Do u thnk Hinata’s goin 2 do it?

Hinata and TenTen: No.

Ino: C my point?

TenTen: I guess.

TenTen pulled a piece of paper out of her notebook, and quickly scribbled something on it. She signed all of their names, putting Ino’s first and her own last.

“Sasuke, could you do me a favor?” Tenten asked as she turned towards him.

“What?” Sasuke asked.

“Can you go give this to Sakura?” TenTen asked. “I forgot to and I have to go meet with a teacher before classes start.”

“Hn. Why can’t they?” Sasuke asked, motioning towards Ino and Hinata.

“Because…They have to come with me, right girls?” TenTen said quickly.

Hinata nodded her head as Ino said, “Right.” They both stood up to leave as TenTen handed the note to Sasuke.

“Thanks so much, Sasuke!” TenTen said as the three girls quickly made their way across the large cafeteria.

A/N: Ok, I had awful author’s block, so I came up with this and typed it up…it really isn’t much this chapter, but I already know what’s going to happen next chapter somewhat, I’ve actually kind of been planning part of it since chapter one of Konoha High. Well, reviews are much appreciated!

Comments

Comments (24)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on October 28, 2007, 2:57:12 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013ooooooo all my inner people are ooooing and myinner sakura and saskue are saying wat (clue less!)

winxgirl21 on October 29, 2007, 8:28:41 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz ^-^

nextguardian on September 17, 2007, 4:20:44 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianlol, the texting part is hilarious!

winxgirl21 on September 18, 2007, 7:01:46 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! ^-^ I love writing that kind of stuff.

finalfantasy on September 11, 2007, 10:43:26 AM

finalfantasy on
finalfantasyyayz! DO SOMETHING, SASUKE!

winxgirl21 on September 12, 2007, 6:57:00 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks for the review! ^-^

kagome99 on September 11, 2007, 4:46:51 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99ooooh!i cant wait!!!!

winxgirl21 on September 11, 2007, 6:04:36 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

zerotimberwolf on September 9, 2007, 12:21:07 PM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfoh thats slick

cant wait

winxgirl21 on September 10, 2007, 8:16:08 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, ya. I'm hoping to update around friday or saturday. ^-^

zerotimberwolf on September 10, 2007, 11:11:35 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfI updated my story 2day

winxgirl21 on September 11, 2007, 6:03:51 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ok! i'll try to check it out when i'm done researching for my project...>.< who in there right mind assings students to write two magazine articles on cars in the 1920's?

zerotimberwolf on September 11, 2007, 8:45:28 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfi dont know

winxgirl21 on September 11, 2007, 9:41:50 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, sorry, i went on a mini rant. You can tell i don't like the assignment. and it requires so much research...>.<

zerotimberwolf on September 11, 2007, 8:42:20 PM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolf:D hehe

cloudaeris on September 9, 2007, 9:36:04 AM

cloudaeris on
cloudaerisWrite MORE! Or I will A-SPLODE! That happen to me sometimes.

winxgirl21 on September 9, 2007, 11:10:20 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I'm going to update around friday or Saturday, so please dont explode before then!!

Gaarafangirl7789 on September 9, 2007, 8:29:32 AM

Gaarafangirl7789 on
Gaarafangirl7789AHH! Please update soon! I wanna read before I tear my hair out! (J/k! xD)

winxgirl21 on September 9, 2007, 11:07:31 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lolz, i'm working on the next chapter, but it'll probably be friday or saturday because of school before i update. ^-^

Gaarafangirl7789 on September 12, 2007, 10:01:49 PM

Gaarafangirl7789 on
Gaarafangirl7789lolz alright. that's on the weekend so I can handle that. ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on September 9, 2007, 2:25:34 AM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverAwww! Neji is so nice, even when TenTen doesn't even know it! Yay, I wonder whats Sasuke's going to do!? I can't wait to read more, good job!

winxgirl21 on September 9, 2007, 2:34:33 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ya, he is. ^-^ I'm hoping to update soon, although i'm kind of at one of those points where it's tough getting what i want to happen to happen...>.<

AlleyCat17 on September 8, 2007, 7:33:47 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17great chapter and i i can't wait to see what happens next chapter and i hope you update soon please.

winxgirl21 on September 8, 2007, 8:03:13 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^ i've started the next chapter, but i don't know when it'll be up!

rffraff05 on September 8, 2007, 6:14:56 AM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05nice i do that too. you know thinking of an idea when you first start your book! GREAT CHAPTER!!!

winxgirl21 on September 8, 2007, 6:19:37 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Ya. I'm just afraid that people aren't gonna like the idea, though. i won't say what it is. I've had it in my head, though, so i'm going to use it anyways. Thanks for reviewing. ^-^