Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - chapter 20

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 20 - chapter 20

Chapter 20 - chapter 20
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

“Ok, operation Lee and Akane is a go!” Sakura said while her friends laughed.

The Next Day

“Well, we’re all going to go to class.” Sakura said as she grabbed Sasuke’s arm, Ino grabbing Shikamaru’s, and Naruto being the one to grab Hinata’s arm, totally clueless as to why they were leaving, and practically dragged them away from TenTen and Neji.

“What’s that all about?” Neji asked TenTen as he walked with her to her locker.

“Umm...well…”TenTen said, trying to find the right way to say what she was thinking.

“What is it, TenTen?” Neji asked her.

“Well…I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to lunch and a movie on Saturday?” TenTen asked with a blush.

“Lunch and a movie this Saturday?” Neji asked, thinking it over. “Well, my little sister is coming back into town, but I suppose I can show her around on Sunday. Sure. What time were you thinking?”

“I was thinking maybe around 11ish.” TenTen said, hoping that she and Neji would be gone before Lee got anywhere near Neji’s house.

“Ok, that works for me.” Neji said.

“Ok, then.” TenTen said. “So, I didn’t know that you had a little sister.” TenTen opened her locker after having spun the combination lock.

“Hn.” Neji said. “She’s a year younger than me, but she goes to a boarding school.”

“Really?” TenTen asked. “Why?” She had been curious as to why ever since Hinata had told her that Akane went there.

“I’m not sure, really.” Neji said as he leaned up against the locker by TenTen’s. “I went there for one semester a while ago, but I didn’t like it at all, so I left. Akane seems to like it there, so she still goes there. We hardly see her, though.”

“Oh.” TenTen said. She couldn’t believe that Neji was going to give up spending time with his sister just to go on a date with her. It was totally shocking. She slammed her locker shut as Neji took a step and turned to wait for her. They then made their way to homeroom.

After School, on the Phone

“So, did you ask him?” Sakura asked eagerly before TenTen could even say hello. She was anxious to know if her friend had kept her promise to ask him or not.

“Ya, I did.” TenTen said, sounding a bit annoyed. Sakura and Ino were going to drive her up a wall with the way they were acting. They’d kept looking at her in the limo suspiciously, but hadn’t said anything because the guys were there.

“Ok, good!” Ino exclaimed. She mentally high-fived Sakura, and congratulated herself on a job well done.

“What time is he going to be leaving his house?” Hinata asked, more concerned about Neji leaving on time than Sakura and Ino’s plan.

“He said he’s picking me up at 11, so I’m assuming 10:45ish.” TenTen said.

“So he’ll be out of there an hour and fifteen minutes before Lee comes to get Akane.” Sakura said, doing calculations in her head on how much time they’d need to get Akane ready. They should have just enough.

“Right, now if my part of your scheme is done, I have homework that needs doing.” TenTen said with a sigh.

“Wait, you’re going to do your homework?” Ino asked, shocked. TenTen hadn’t done her homework in over a month.

“Ya, I figure that if I keep not doing homework, my grades are going to slip by more than one letter grade. So I guess I should actually do some of it.” TenTen said as way of explanation.

“Ok, then.” Ino said. “I guess we’ll talk to you later.”

“Mhm. Bye guys.” TenTen said as she hung up the phone.

“What’s that about?” Ino asked her friends.

“I don’t know, Ino.” Hinata said. “Maybe she’s upset about you guys not trusting her to do what she said she would.”

“Hmm…I guess that could be it.” Sakura said, sounding a bit unconvinced.

“Well, I’m going to go, too. TenTen has a point. We do have a lot of homework tonight.” Hinata said a bit nervously.

“Ok, then.” Ino said. “Bye.”

“Bye.” Hinata said as she hung up the phone.

“She knows we’re up to something with her and Neji.” Ino said as soon as their quiet friend had hung up the phone.

“Ya, and I bet she quizzed Hinata about it.” Sakura said.

“Exactly.” Ino said. “We have to stay under her radar for a little bit.”

“I’m sure we can do that.” Sakura said thoughtfully. “We can do little things to work on the plan. Things that TenTen won’t even notice until it’s too late for her to stop us.”

“My thoughts exactly.” Ino said. “So what’s up first?”

“Well, I was thinking…”Sakura said. The girls stayed on the phone for an hour longer planning out little things that they could do.

Saturday

“Ok, I think that does it.” Ino said as she put the final curl in TenTen’s hair. Despite TenTen’s refusals, Ino had managed to coax her into having her hair half up, half down. The top half would be in two small buns, the bottom half in loose curls. She was wearing dark denim jeans, with a light pink wrap-around baby doll top. Sakura had forced her out of her tennis shoes, and into a pair of black flats, which were surprisingly comfy.

“Wow.” TenTen said as she looked in the mirror. She had protested when her friends had forced this outfit on her, but now she realized why they had. It looked amazing, and it was something that she wouldn’t normally have picked out.

“Like it?” Sakura asked her friend. This was one of their ideas from the night before. They just had to make TenTen look stunning in different ways. Having her hair half down was one of those ways. Neji had never seen her with her hair anyway down at all. He should look twice when he saw TenTen today.

“I’m not sure Neji will recognize her.” Hinata said with a smile.

“Ok, so next up. Who’s going to stay with TenTen while two people head over to Neji’s? Hinata has to go. She’s our ticket in.” Ino said.

“I’ll stay with TenTen.” Sakura volunteered.

“Why does someone have to stay with me again?” TenTen asked.

“So that way Neji isn’t suspicious.” Ino said matter-of-factly.

“But won’t he be suspicious if one of you is here and not the rest?” TenTen asked.

“Just tell him that Hinata and I had to leave. Say that daddy asked me to help my mom out at one of the flower shops or something.” Ino said. “And Hinata’s father made her come home. That always works.”

“Ok, then.” TenTen said. Neji was going to find it suspicious that Ino had to work. Ino anything except shop in his mind. The excuse for Hinata was believable though. “I guess I’ll see you guys later tonight, then.”

“Just to double check, what time is your movie over?” Hinata asked. She was nervous that Neji would catch them helping Akane out with Lee. It was bad enough that he would have to find out sooner or later.

“It should be over around four.” TenTen said. “That’s plenty of time for lee and Akane to hang out.”

“Ok, then.” Ino said. “We’re off!” She looped her arm through Hinata’s, and dragged her friend out the door.

A/N: Ok, awful chapter, first off. 2nd, I’m extremely sorry for the late update! I was trying to finish up the chapter last night around 10, but my mom kicked me off the computer and let my sister have it. The next chapter should be better, because it’ll be the dates. Oh, also, I know some of you have heard this before, but please go check out rfraff05’s story (On Fanart-Central) it’s really awesome! http://www.fanart-central.net/story-47579.html Well, reviews are much appreciated!!

Comments

Comments (23)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kogalover2013 on December 3, 2007, 10:29:34 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013oooooooooooo my inner peps are oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing

winxgirl21 on December 4, 2007, 6:55:03 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

kagome99 on November 30, 2007, 6:39:57 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99Nother great chappie!

winxgirl21 on November 30, 2007, 7:42:26 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thankies! ^-^

nextguardian on November 27, 2007, 10:59:35 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianAnother great ch!

winxgirl21 on November 28, 2007, 5:34:25 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thankies ^-^

kogalover2013 on November 27, 2007, 10:00:36 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013awsome i finally read it my inner sakura and freinds cant wait for next chap :}

winxgirl21 on November 28, 2007, 5:30:26 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^

Kohakucrazy on November 24, 2007, 8:49:00 AM

Kohakucrazy on
KohakucrazyAWESOME!!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!

winxgirl21 on November 28, 2007, 5:26:22 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks ! ^-^

GreyPichu on November 25, 2007, 8:52:17 PM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuyeaH!I finally found time to read it, and it's so great.

winxgirl21 on November 26, 2007, 7:10:20 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks. ^-^ I'm hoping that the next chapter is a lot better,though.

rffraff05 on November 24, 2007, 10:17:26 PM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05awesome!!!! mental high five for a great chapter!

winxgirl21 on November 25, 2007, 5:27:26 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! Mental high five accepted! lol!

Symphoniaprincess101 on November 24, 2007, 10:28:11 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101oh boy i'm smelling trouble.

winxgirl21 on November 25, 2007, 5:25:33 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21ya, trouble's on it's way! lol.

AnimeAngel87 on November 24, 2007, 1:07:04 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87TENTEN GOT HER HAIR DONE!

winxgirl21 on November 24, 2007, 7:40:08 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Yes she did! ^-^

AnimeAngel87 on November 24, 2007, 7:43:19 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87XD

AlleyCat17 on November 24, 2007, 12:56:12 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17awesome chapter.

winxgirl21 on November 24, 2007, 7:36:34 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thankies ^-^