Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - chapter 28

The gang from Konoha High is back, and guess what? Homecoming is fast approaching! Join the Naruto characters as they struggle yet again with classes, grades, friends, enemies, and romance. Note: This is the sequel to Konoha High.

Chapter 28 - chapter 28

Chapter 28 - chapter 28
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!

A/N: I don’t normally add an author’s note to the beginning of the story, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up that this is the last chapter of Konoha High: The Homecoming. I’m hoping to put the next story in my series up soon.

The other three girls just watched their friend, knowing that she was still extremely upset.

Monday, In the Limo

“Ok, so will you guys help us?” Sakura asked, looking at the boys who were sitting around her.

“Troublesome.” Shikamaru said, but after Ino elbowed him, he added, “But yes, I’ll help.”

“Of course I’ll help, believe it!” Naruto replied. Hinata smiled at her boyfriend’s enthusiasm.

“Hn. I guess.” Sasuke replied, not looking too happy about interfering in his friends’ lives. Their problems were their problems, his problems were his problems.

“Thanks so much you guys!” Sakura exclaimed happily. It was Monday morning, and everyone was in the limo except for TenTen and Neji, who, not surprisingly, had arranged for another means of transportation to get to school this morning. Yesterday, TenTen had acted perfectly normal, except for going stiff and ridged whenever a certain boy was mentioned. The guys said that Neji had been acting perfectly normal as well, although he had avoided conversations about the date that had been on Saturday.

Akane had called Hinata after she got back to school, and said that Neji had left her be, although he didn’t look too happy with her. She’d gone back to school late last night, but she had told Hinata that she and Lee had been talking on the phone her whole trip back, and her cell phone had nearly died. She was ecstatic and was hoping he’d ask her to be his girlfriend soon.

Sakura and Ino had been planning away, and had added minor parts for the guys into it. If everything went as they planned, which hopefully it would, then things would turn out all right.

“So do you guys understand your part in this?” Ino asked them, looking at the guys carefully. If they screwed up, the plan screwed up, and she and Sakura didn’t want that happening to the plan again.

“Hn. We have to get Neji to the science classroom during lunch.” Sasuke said in his usual monotone voice. There was no way they could screw that up, well, no way that he and Shikamaru could screw it up. Naruto was another story.

“Ok. Just do that, and we’ll do the rest. We’ll leave how you get him there up to you guys.” Sakura said. Hinata was just silently observing everything. Her job was to talk to Neji before first period started. She knew her part was probably the most important, although she had no idea how to talk to him about TenTen. She knew, however, that she was the only one who would be able to talk to him.

“Ok.” Hinata said, stepping out of the limo, which was now parked in front of the school entrance, waiting for the teenagers to unload before the driver could go back to their respective job at the house. “I’ll see you guys later.” She walked towards the school’s entrance, looking for her cousin. When she didn’t see him by the steps, she walked into the school and made her way towards his locker. As she turned the corner in the hall, she saw him standing near his locker, just staring into it.

She approached him slowly, and when she was near enough to be heard, said softly, “Neji, may I speak with you?”

“Hn.” Neji replied turning to look at his cousin. “What is it, Hinata?”

“Well, I wanted to talk to you about…”Hinata trailed off, looking at her cousin’s hardened eyes. He knew exactly where this was going. “Look, I just wanted to tell you that…well, TenTen didn’t plan Saturday like that. Ino and Sakura did. They used it as an excuse to get Lee and Akane together, as well as you and TenTen. Killing two birds with one stone is how they phrased it, I think. So please, don’t be angry at TenTen. She really did want to be with you on Saturday, and I know that she likes you a lot.”

“Hn. All right then.” Neji replied. “Is that all that you had to talk to me about?”

“Y-yes.” Hinata replied. At least she had told him what he needed to be told.

“Then I’ll be on my way to homeroom.” Neji said, walking past her.

Hinata sighed lightly as her cousin brushed past her. If he actually listened to what she had said, it would make Sakura and Ino’s plan go so much easier.

Lunch Time

“Oh, TenTen, I left my notebook in Kakashi-sensei’s room.” Sakura exclaimed, looking panic stricken. “Will you come with me to get it?”

“Sure, Sakura.” TenTen said to her friend. “We’ll be right back, guys.” She said to Ino and Hinata who were sitting at the table. They nodded their heads to show that they’d still be there when their friends returned.

“So, TenTen, have you spoken to Neji today?” Sakura asked her friend as they walked towards Kakashi’s class room.

“No.” TenTen said. Sakura could tell that her friend’s guard had risen. This was going to be difficult.

“Oh.” Sakura replied.

“Ya.” TenTen said. They walked the rest of the way to the classroom in an uncomfortable silence. When they got to the class room door, they saw Sasuke standing near it with Neji. TenTen froze, but Sakura grabbed her friend by the arm, and tugged her over there. She gave Sasuke a nod, and he pushed the Hyuga into the classroom, and Sakura did the same with TenTen. Sakura then produced the key she had borrowed from Kakashi, who she had somehow gotten in on this, and locked the door from the outside.

She smiled and waved at Neji and TenTen, who in returned scowled at her, and she mouthed through the glass that she’d be back in twenty minutes. She then grabbed Sasuke’s hand and they went back to the lunch room.

TenTen turned towards Neji and just looked at him, he did the same. They stayed like that for about ten minutes before TenTen finally sighed.

“Neji, I’m really sorry about Saturday.” She said, turning to look out the window as she spoke. “But I didn’t plan it.”

“I know.” Neji replied. TenTen turned to look at him with wide eyes that seemed to question this statement. “Hinata came and spoke to me this morning. She said it was another of Ino and Sakura’s schemes to get some couples together.”

“Um, basically, ya.” TenTen said. “But why didn’t you try talking to me before now?”

“I didn’t know how to approach you about it.” Neji replied. “I know that my behavior was a bit out of order.”

“Ya, but I can see why you did that.” TenTen replied. “Ino and Sakura get these crazy ideas, and they always get everyone involved in them.”

“I believe Hinata used the expression ‘killing two birds with one stone’ for this particular scheme of theirs.” Neji said.

“She probably did. Ino and Sakura probably even said that while they were planning everything out.” TenTen said.

“So, um, TenTen?” Neji asked her.

“Ya?”

“Are we ok now?”

“Ya.” She replied, smiling at him. With that, Neji leaned in and kissed her lightly on the lips before pulling away. TenTen blushed slightly as she smiled at him.

“Awww!”

TenTen and Neji both turned to look at the door, seeing Sakura and Ino standing there, their faces practically shoved up against the glass window. Neji glared at them, and TenTen just blushed again, her friend’s having watched her kiss her boyfriend for the first time. They watched as Sakura stuck the key in the lock, and jiggle it around until the door swung open.

“I’m guessing you guys are good now?” Ino asked, following her friend into the room.

“Ya, we are.” TenTen said.

Sakura turned to Ino and gave her a high five. “Mission accomplished!”

“About that…” TenTen said with a smile as she and Neji walked past her two friends hand in hand. “Be in mind for some serious payback later, girls.”

Ino and Sakura just looked at each other and grinned. “Bring it on TenTen.” Their mission was complete, and they were happy with that. They followed their friends back to the cafeteria to eat their lunch with everyone else.

A/N: Ok, so sorry for the late update! I’ve been really busy with school and homework lately, and haven’t had much time to work on this chapter. In other news, I believe Konoha High: The Homecoming is at its end. I really have no more ideas for this story, so that’s all of it. However, there will be another part in my Konoha High series. In the next part, things will fall together more with certain couples, and new characters will be brought into the story, and of course, there will be drama! I got the idea over Christmas break, and ironically enough, the story will be called Konoha High: Christmas Break. I’ve started the first chapter, and hopefully I’ll post it up soon. I’d like to thank everyone for following this story, and I hope you guys check out the Christmas Break one! Reviews are much appreciated!!

Comments

Comments (24)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AlleyCat17 on February 4, 2008, 3:43:24 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17yeah they are both together again anyways very sweet chapter also i wonder what couple is next in going to have trouble maybe ino and Shikamaru and i hope you update soon so i can see what happens next =3

winxgirl21 on February 4, 2008, 5:23:28 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21you'll have to wait and see, lol. ^-^ thnaks for commenting!

kogalover2013 on February 1, 2008, 1:32:16 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013omg dat was soooo awsome

winxgirl21 on February 2, 2008, 12:07:05 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21I'm glad that you think so. ^-^

finalfantasy on January 24, 2008, 7:46:58 AM

finalfantasy on
finalfantasylolz...*sigh*
i just luv happy endings!
now, why dont any of my stories have them?
-____-

winxgirl21 on January 24, 2008, 7:59:37 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol, because you wrote them that way! ^-^

GreyPichu on January 22, 2008, 8:57:21 PM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuoh my gosh yay!*gives standing applaud*^^

winxgirl21 on January 23, 2008, 6:26:55 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! ^-^ wow, a standing applaud. o.o thankies! *hugs you*

GreyPichu on January 23, 2008, 9:11:04 PM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichu*hugs back* np, u totally deserve it!

winxgirl21 on January 24, 2008, 5:10:39 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21aww, thanx!! ^0^

kagome99 on January 22, 2008, 5:19:19 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99I luved it!!!!!!
That was the bestest story eva!!!!
I cant wait for the next one.
And about the other thing,thanx..
well.thanx..
PEACE OUT YO!
^_^

winxgirl21 on January 22, 2008, 6:19:38 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21np. ^-^ she won't come in immediately, but once the story gets rolling, she should be in there. ^-^

eelchic on January 22, 2008, 5:00:04 AM

eelchic on
eelchicYAY!!!!! every1 is 2geder Xept Lee&Akane boy they should relly get 2geder!!!!!

2 birds wit 1 stone funny lolz!!!

I luv luv luv this chappe and i so happy u gunna continue!!

It seems like only yesterday that The 1st chappe came out 4 it!!!

winxgirl21 on January 22, 2008, 5:11:09 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Hopefully they will end up together! ^-^

I love that expression, I use it(among many others) all the time.

I would never consider stopping here and not continueing. hehe, maybe it's just because i've gotten so many ideas, but this story is my favorite thing to do in my free time. You're right, it does feel like I just started writing this yesterday....

nextguardian on January 20, 2008, 11:04:57 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianGreat chapter, and good luck with the next story!

winxgirl21 on January 21, 2008, 12:40:06 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! ^-^

puppydog2 on January 20, 2008, 8:59:42 AM

puppydog2 on
puppydog2Sweeeeeet cant wait till the next series

winxgirl21 on January 20, 2008, 9:09:31 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! hopefully it'll be up soon!