Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Show Me Love

Okay, the contest entry I made for AtemuLover's contest. The song I put in is one I have on CD, called 'Show Me Love' by t.A.T.u. All other rights are as followed.
 
Els: AtemuLover
Yami: Kazuki Takahashi

Chapter 1 - Show Me Love

Chapter 1 - Show Me Love
Paper was scattered throughout the room, anything from the size of tiny scraps and shreds to large pieces with edges torn. Her face was wet with tears and the room dark. Soft music played in the background, music of violins playing low and sad with a piano going even quieter. Everything about it was sad.

Els sat in the corner, knees pulled up to her chest and shoulders moving with ever deep breath. The tears came slower, but the hurt in her heart was still there. Her mind was filled with questions and her heart torn in two. Despite the hundreds of thousands of things her head wanted to know, her heart only asked one thing. Why?

She let her legs stretch out and her right hand went to her neck. A small gold locket dangled loosely, and she grabbed it and squeezed tightly. It was warm by contact with her body, but her hands were ice cold. A few more tears rolled down her cheeks as she remembered what was inside it.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, quietly but it seemed like the person on the other side was holding back.

"Go away." Els said between sobs, voice hoarse from choking tears.

"Please, let me explain." The person pleaded. The voice was all too familiar, seeming caring but also sad. "It's not what you think."

"That's always the excuse!" Els snapped. "You think I'm that dumb? If you care even a little bit you'll never speak to me again!"

She picked up the closest solid object, which happened to be a shoe, and threw it at the door in rage. It made a loud slam, and for a while the only sound was the song playing.

This was an accident
Not the kind where sirens sound
Never even noticed
We're suddenly crumbling

Tell me how you've never felt
Delicate or innocent
Do you still have doubts that
Us having faith makes any sense

Tell me nothing ever counts
Lashing out or breaking down
Still somebody loses 'cause
There's no way to turn around

Staring at your photograph
Everything now in the past
Never felt so lonely I
Wish that you could show me love


'No, don't.' Els thought as another tear rolled down her cheek and she pulled her knees close again.

The sound of creaking hinges made Els turn in shock, and she saw exactly who she was so mad at. Her eyes narrowed in anger, but the tears still fell down her cheeks.

The young man seemed like he was about to cry, but held it back. His face was tight with worry and he looked like he just saw a murder.

"Els, I'm sorry." He said. "It wasn't what it looked like.

"Shut up!" Els shouted. She held the locket tighter, and in pure rage pulled it as hard as she could, snapping the chain and having a few of the fine gold links fall down to the floor. The locket and chain she held in her hand were soon flying through the air, stopping only when they hit the young man squarely in the forehead.

Show me love, show me love, show me love,
Show me love, show me love
'Til you open the door

Show me love, show me love, show me
love,
Show me love, show me love,
'Til I'm up off the floor

Show me love, show me love show me love,
Show me love, show me love,
'Til it's inside my pores

Show me love, show me love, show me love,
Show me love, show me love,
'Til I'm screaming for more


"I never want to see you again!" She shouted. "Leave me alone!"

"Please, just listen to me." He begged.

"I'll never listen to you again Yami!" She screamed. "Look at what happens when I believe you. I end up heartbroken."

Random acts of mindlessness
Commonplace occurrences
Chances and surprises
Another state of consciousness

Tell me nothing ever counts
Lashing out or breaking down
Still somebody loses 'cause
There's no way to turn around

Tell me how you've never felt
Delicate or innocent
Do you still have doubts that
Us having faith makes any sense

You play games, I play tricks
Girls and girls, but you're the one
Like a game of pick-up sticks
Played by fracking lunatics


"Els, I…"

"Get out!"

Another random object went flying through the air, hitting Yami in the shoulder. He winced, but didn't leave.

"I know you still want to believe me." He said, now in a caring voice. "Just listen to me, it wasn't what it looked like."

"I saw you and that slut." Els said in a quiet, shaking voice. "I saw you talking with her, and then she kissed you. Haw can that not be true?"

"I was talking with her, but she suddenly did that. It wasn't my fault."

"You could have pushed her away."

"I tried!" He shouted. "I tried to get her away. I couldn't help but think if you saw that you'd be hurting like this. Please, believe me Els. I love you too much to let you go."

For a while, Els only sat in her corner, looking around at the place that was once her room. Love notes, pictures, gifts, things torn and destroyed all in the heat of anger. Now, she almost regretted it.

"I'd never do anything to hurt you. I'd rather die than see you like this. Please, I'll do anything for you to forgive me."

Else turned to Yami, seeing a few tears roll down his cheeks. He felt as bad as she did, maybe worse.

"I want to, but I know what I saw." She said softly. "What if you're lying now? How can I be sure?"

"Look inside your heart and see if you really believe I'm lying."

Els sat silently for a short time, listening to the questions her heart and head asked. She wanted to believe him, she honestly did, but what if he'd do that all over again.

'He's not that kind of guy.' A part of her said. 'He'd never do that.'

'Would he?' Another part asked. 'He's a guy, all guys are the same.'

'He's not like any guy!' Part of her heart shouted. 'He's kind, sweet, caring. He has to be telling the truth.'

'Can we believe that? What has he done to show he's sorry?'

Els closed her eyes and buried her face behind her knees, letting a few more tears roll down her cheeks and land on her pants. She didn't want to argue with herself. She just wanted to be sure he was telling the truth.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, and looked up to see Yami kneeling right in front of her, eyes filled with tears ready to burst.

"Do you believe me?" He asked kindly, but sadly. "Do you believe what your heart tells you or what your eyes told you?"

Else felt a tear roll down her cheek, but he very gently wiped it away. Then, the burst into tears again and leaned forward, right into his arms.

"I believe you…" She said between sobs. "I'm sorry…"

"I'm sorry too." He whispered in her ear. After a few minutes, Els sat on her feet and looked him in the eyes, seeing that he too had been crying. She smiled a bit when he held out the locket, which opened by the force of her throw. The picture of both of them on their first date was shown, and of their first kiss.

"You should try out for baseball." He teased. "You have a wicked throw."

Els smiled and took the locket back, holding it tightly in her hand.

"You've got an ouchie." Els teased, talking like he was a little boy. "Let me make it all better."

Very gently, she kissed the small red spot from where the locket hit him and smiled when she saw him smile.

"I'm sorry for today." He said. "Guess this wasn't too great an anniversary, huh?"

"Actually, now that you're here," Else said, giving him a warm hug. "it's the best one I've ever had."

Show me love, show me love
Give me all that I want
Show me love, Show me love
'Til I'm screaming for more

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Yamikizz on July 24, 2007, 1:22:35 AM

Yamikizz on
YamikizzXDDD Els and Yami are one of my favorite couples. ^-^ And is the slut Tea? XDDD

WhatevaYaoiGal on December 11, 2006, 9:37:07 PM

WhatevaYaoiGal on
WhatevaYaoiGalO.O.............that was..AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should really deserve the grand story prize for the contest =]

*gives cookie to you*

QueenofGames1990 on December 12, 2006, 5:45:33 AM

QueenofGames1990 on
QueenofGames1990It was kinda rushed, because the only time I had over the weekend was right before a birthday party. What normally takes me three hours I had to do in an hour and a half.

AhouHeinDesu on December 11, 2006, 8:01:21 AM

AhouHeinDesu on
AhouHeinDesuDaaaaaaaaaaarh, Mr. Monster is touched. Great story!

wu25 on December 9, 2006, 5:12:25 AM

wu25 on
wu25aww tha's so sad =( it's great i hope ya win ^^ gd luckies

QueenofGames1990 on December 10, 2006, 1:25:50 AM

QueenofGames1990 on
QueenofGames1990Thanks. It was weird not writing about my own character for once, but not that bad.

AtemuLover on December 9, 2006, 5:06:45 AM

AtemuLover on
AtemuLoverOMG This one is so perfect^^ I cried when I was reading this and I could really feel her pain and his pain. *FAVES!!*

QueenofGames1990 on December 10, 2006, 1:23:35 AM

QueenofGames1990 on
QueenofGames1990I've been told I can be an evil writer. In a story I have on Quizilla!, I killed off the character's horse Asfeta (Wicked Demon in Egyptian) and I had three people shouting at me for it.