Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Forgiveness

This story is about Sasuke, and Shiori, my oc. So if anyone even reads this, honestly tell me what you think! Give me some feedback! If you don't like canon/oc pairings that's fine, but don't flame.
Criticism is WELCOME! I can take it! Trust me!

Chapter 7 - Forgiveness

Chapter 7 - Forgiveness
Shiori awoke slowly. The first thing she saw was a ceiling. Soon after she realized its uncanny resemblance to the one in her room.
 
She knew that she was, in fact, in her room, but at the same time she wasn't. Shiori was only half awake, trying to recall her strange dream. All that she could remember of it was a bright flash of light before the dream ended. There was also a feeling of dread through out the entire dream that she could not place.
 
The feeling still clung to her, like a cold that stays with you an entire season. She tried to shake it off. At that moment she turned her head, only slightly. Though, it was enough to see the person in the chair across the room.
 
"Good morning, Shiori-sama." He looked tired as he set down the book he was reading and began to prepare her daily dose of medication.
 
"I thought I said not to call me 'sama'. And let me do that." She added sternly. But Kabuto shook his head at her.
 
"You are not to leave this room until you are fully recovered from the operation, Shiori-sama." He said with just as much force.
 
"Operation?" Was there an accident?
 
"You had a heart attack, and you've been passed out for several days." He said as she looked down at her chest wrapped in gauze. Shiori felt sore in several places, and her breath came fast and shallow.
 
The door opened slowly "Is she awake?" a familiar voice said. Shiori turned her head ever so slightly to look in his direction. When she met his gaze she saw guilt there, and suddenly knew why. She remembered everything that happened. Her stare morphed into a glare.
 
"You," She said with a hint of acid in her voice. The cracks in her dream were slowly filed in the longer she looked at him. "How did you find out!?" she burst. Shiori attempted to get out of her bed. There was a sharp pain in her chest, and a restraining hand in her way.
 
Suddenly her vision turned to a blur, and she couldn’t make out the face of her friend. She pressed her hands to her face, trying to quell the waves in her eyes.
 
"She remembers." Sasuke murmured.
 
"I told him, Shiori-sama. It was all my fault." No, it wasn't, she thought.
 
"It's alright Kabuto," reluctantly she spoke to Sasuke, though avoided eye contact. Her head was bowed and her small hands gripped the sheets feverishly, "Get out."
 
"Shi-"
 
"Out!" She shouted at him, the tears finally showing. After he closed the door, She gladly laid back on her bed, already feeling over exerted. Kabuto had later left, though he said he would be constantly checking in. Shiori tried to slow her breathing, but it still came quickly. Eventually she gave up, and fell asleep quietly.
 
I'll never let my guard down again.
 
Orochimaru trained Sasuke separately for a while, during Shiori's recovery. Eventually though, they were forced to face each other. Orochimaru and Kabuto observed. This time, Sasuke had a sword. It was clear that he hadn't quite mastered it yet, which Shiori took advantage of. She attacked at full force, molding the glass into humanoid shapes that acted on her will. She surrounded Sasuke with them, making sure his view was obstructed. Then, with a swish of her middle finger, a giant glass fist came hurling towards Sasuke, nailing him in the gut, sending crashing into the opposite wall.
 
"Overcompensating for something, Shiori-chan?" Orochimaru remarked.
 
"Not at all." Shiori answered. "It’s like you said, Sasuke-san. Don't underestimate me."
 
Sasuke then rose from the rubble. As they continued their fight, Shiori's anger began to fade. The fight turned back into friendly sparring.
 
At the end it was a draw. Sasuke exited the room, and Shiori remained. He walked for a while, until reaching the entrance to the hideout. The sun peered it, blinding him for a moment. Then, unexpectedly, Shiori appeared.
 
"So, what will we talk about today?" She said, nonchalant.
 
Sasuke was bewildered for a moment.
 
"Don't worry Sasuke-san, I forgave you long ago." She laughed, waving the matter away with her hand.
 
"Then what the hell was that back there?"
 
"Oh, I just really wanted to punch you, that's all."
--
 

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on February 18, 2011, 8:35:17 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianGood description and drama here. The characters interaction is done very well.

SatomiTakashida on March 28, 2011, 11:55:15 AM

SatomiTakashida on
SatomiTakashidaThank you so much for your encouragement! Although now that I reread this I see so many mistakes in my writing. I can't believe you actually like this. -u-;