Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Forgotten City

Just a little story object thing I thought up in my spare time. Nothing that extravagant.

Chapter 3 - The Forgotten City

Chapter 3 - The Forgotten City
Chapter 3: the Forgotten City

I woke to the sound of my sister's voice praying to the Planet. We were at the Forgotten City, inside one of the many reef-shaped buildings, and trying to get some shut-eye. Apparently, Cloud had heard Aeris as well, because he was up, staring out the window towards the pool.
"I think we should go now," I said. Cloud nodded. "But," I continued, "she's in trouble."
"I know," he answered. "When I was out in Gongaga, she came and talked to me. She told me where she was going. We should hurry," he added.
I shook Vincent awake. "Come on, we have to go," I said.
"At this hour?"
"Yes, at this hour. Aeris is in danger."
We hurried to the coral fountain. The clownfish figure had gone; we were able to head down the staircase it had been guarding.
"She's down there," I said, pausing at the top of the stairs, "and she's not alone."
We all looked at each other...and we were all thinking the same thing. Sephiroth.
We practically sprinted down the stairs, though it's hard to sprint when you're behind two sluggish guys. I'm sure they weren't trying to be slow, but I'm way faster than they are.
Cloud approached Aeris alone. I was horrified to see, however, that he was drawing his sword.
"Cloud, stop!"
He resheathed his blade, but Sephiroth, sword upraised, jumped down from a higher beam where we hadn't seen him. His nodatchi's point jutted from Aeris' body like a skewer. The Materia our mother, Ifalna, had given her fell out of the pink ribbon and bounced all the way down from the altar into the underground lake.
"Aeris!" I choked, and dashed around Vincent with tears in my eyes. I stopped under an outspreading tree. My last bit of family, taken away just like that.
A few minutes later, I saw Cloud take her body to the middle of the lake and let her go. He and Vincent saw me and came up to me, but I pushed them away and darted behind the tree.
"Leave me here," I choked. "Just leave. I can't do it anymore..."
Cloud nodded. His face looked wet; was it water, or tears? I'd never seen him cry, so I guessed water. He left, but Vincent stayed a bit longer.
"I'll miss you," he said, and his cold lips pressed against my cheek. Then he was gone, vanished after Cloud.
"Goodbye...Vincent," I sobbed.

~End of Chapter 3~

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kylaVegeta on August 1, 2007, 3:43:38 AM

kylaVegeta on
kylaVegetaOh man here come the water works... Not you Sun but me. SOOO SAAAAD!!!. When I put my oc in the story I had it where she sprinted in front of Sephiroths blade and the sword went clear through her and Aeris. In her mind she was like "No why couldn't I have died instead." I bet you would think the same thing. Seeing as my character can bring heself back from the dead. NOOOOOOOOOOO *cries even more*

Destiny127 on July 16, 2007, 5:05:39 PM

Destiny127 on
Destiny127O.o NOOOOO omg...three chapters and I'm hurt. dang...aeris was always my fav character, next to vincent...>.<

aeris7dragon on July 17, 2007, 1:44:36 AM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonAeris & Vinny r my faves too!!! dang you got me in abbr. mood.