Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Lifestream

Just a little story object thing I thought up in my spare time. Nothing that extravagant.

Chapter 6 - The Lifestream

Chapter 6 - The Lifestream
Chapter 6: The Lifestream

Vincent and I rushed back to the village to see utter chaos. The Lifestream jetted out beneath us, causing the tremor, while the Ultima Weapon surveyed the scene above our heads. That is, until it noticed we were there. Nanaki joined us as the monster dove to the ground behind us. We jumped into battle.
Vincent and Nanaki did, that is. The stupid guy-thing hit me in the back of the head with its wingy-thingy when it turned to face us. I fell into the black mists of unconsciousness. (I know unconciousness is overrated when you say it's black and misty, but that's just what it was.)
"Sun!" a familiar voice called.
"Aeris?"
"Sun, listen to me," Aeris said. The overrated black mist parted-also overratedly-to allow my sister to pass. "The way to stop Meteor is by prayer."
Now, I'm not Christian. I'm not even one of those sub-branches things like Jehovah's Witnesses or whatever. So I was surprised when she actually told me to pray.
"Umm...Aeris?"
"Not to God," she said, rolling her eyes. I mean-" She broke off. "Sun, you have to leave now," she said. "Your boyfriend's calling you."
"Actually, we're engaged."
Black mist engulfed me, blocking my sight again, then faded. I was on the outskirts of Mideel, lying on the ground; Vincent must have moved me, I thought. Everyone was on the edge of something-when I say everyone, I mean, Cid, Cait Sith, etc.-looking down into shining green liquidy-stuff. I got up and snuck up behind Vincent. I looked down into the pool of Lifestream, and stifled a gasp when I saw Cloud and Tifa sinking down to the bottom.
I tried to jump in after them, but Vincent caught me just in time.
"No, Sun," he growled. I struggled in his grip. "Don't. You'll just wind up at the bottom too."
I stopped struggling and dangled in Vincent's arms. "Cloud..." I said, tears beginning to fill my eyes. "Geez, is everyone bent on destroying my family?" I closed my eyes. Vincent loosened his grip, but didn't release me. I turned and buried my face in his hair. I have no idea how long we stood there, but after awhile something in my mind that had been dull for a week and a half-just as long as Cloud had been "crazy", I later learned-cleared, and Nanaki cried out, "Sun, they're alive!"
For Cloud and Tifa were rising back to the surface of the pool of Lifestream-helped by a third figure in a light pink dress.

~End of Chapter 6~

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kylaVegeta on August 1, 2007, 3:56:56 AM

kylaVegeta on
kylaVegetaI love it. I'm starting to get chills its soo good. In fact sooo good the chills are staring to make me cry.

Kupo on July 31, 2007, 12:56:36 PM

Kupo on
KupoI like how it's all serious but then kinda comic relief-y by saying things like the overratedness of unconsciousness at the same time ^^

lolz, that just reminded me of this one time, me and my friends were thinking about making up a "religion" call Jenova's Witnesses XP

aeris7dragon on August 1, 2007, 1:51:23 AM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonsephiroth could be teh high priest of jenovas witnesses!!!!! and loz could be the mourner (u know, when jenova's witness members r kiled!)

Destiny127 on July 27, 2007, 2:44:25 PM

Destiny127 on
Destiny127aww...I love it. O^-^O thank you for continuing the series...this story always cheers meh up...and it's not retarded. -_-' I like it...

aeris7dragon on July 28, 2007, 12:50:03 AM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonI beg to differ about the retardedness...but thx!

aeris7dragon on July 26, 2007, 11:10:13 AM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonWell... umm, I can't really add any more chapters until I get back to Utah...cuz I kinda left my rough draft for this story at home...but I'll update it as soon as I can! Besides, Final Fantasy 7 quirks doesn't need a rough draft-it comes out in a sketch pad originally, and I don't leave my sketch pads ANYWHERE!!! (unless they're full; then I leave them at home, mee hee)

aeris7dragon on July 23, 2007, 12:32:54 PM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonI think this one was the wierdest ever-I kept running out of adjectives (especially when Vincent stopped Sun from jumping in). But who knows, maybe next time will be even more retarded.

aeris7dragon on July 23, 2007, 12:33:26 PM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonTHERE!! I finished-are you happy now?

Destiny127 on July 27, 2007, 2:48:35 PM

Destiny127 on
Destiny127wait...it's over? O.O ...

aeris7dragon on July 28, 2007, 12:50:39 AM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonno i finished the chappie. mee hee