Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - The one before chapter 9

Just a little story object thing I thought up in my spare time. Nothing that extravagant.

Chapter 8 - The one before chapter 9

Chapter 8 - The one before chapter 9
Chapter 8: The One Before the Epilogue

Cloud and I paused outside the crater.

"Sun," he said, "whatever happens, you're a great sister."

"I knew that," I said. "And you know what? You're a great bodyguard. Come on, let's get that silver-haired git!"

We all dashed into the final cave some time later. At first all of us were there, but then there was just me. I heard sounds of battle, but they weren't in this place and here had no exits that I could see.

The battle cries suddenly ceased, and Sephiroth approached me, a triumphant smile on his face and his nodatchi drawn.

"The Promised Land shall not be yours," he said.

I gaped at him. "You think this is about the Promised Land?!" I said. "It was never about the Promised Land-well, maybe at the beginning it was, but now it's about the Planet, about Aeris-"

"You'll be rejoining your sister very soon now," he smirked. With that, he ran me through.

I hardly noticed as I dropped to my knees. Through the haze in my vision, I saw Cloud ambush Sephiroth from behind and strike his nemesis down. Vincent appeared and caught me before my head hit the rocky soil.

"Vincent...he knows...he knows I'm...I'm a..." I began.

"Don't talk, Sun, you'll be all right."

"We've got to get out of here," Tifa said, powering up her Restore materia. I closed my eyes; I felt myself being lifted and carried away, then I knew no more.

When I woke again, Cid was talking about Lady Luck or something like that, and the roof fell in. The Highwind landed neatly in front of us.

"Holy shoot!" Cid said, his cigarette falling out of his mouth. I blacked out again. (stupid loss of blood......)

I woke (again) on some boxes (the Highwind had no godforsaken beds!!!) with Vincent at my side. I tried to get up, but Vincent gently pushed me back down.

"No, Sun," he said. "Tifa might've healed the wound, but you lost a lot of blood."

"Gotta get to Midgar," I said.

"What, were you going to walk there?" he answered. "We're headed there now."

"Actually, we already are there," Nanaki said, coming out of the bridge. "Cloud told me to come get you guys."

~End of Chapter 8~

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kylaVegeta on November 12, 2007, 12:36:16 AM

kylaVegeta on
kylaVegetawow coolio. this is really really coolio. i like it. whenever I red it I get chills. I guess its the chills of remenissing...

aeris7dragon on November 12, 2007, 7:02:59 AM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonreminiscing...reminiscing...now where hav i heard that word before?

kylaVegeta on November 14, 2007, 1:57:45 AM

kylaVegeta on
kylaVegetait's like a word meaning to remember think about the past whatever... I remember hearing it in Derge of Curberus and in some other places.

aeris7dragon on November 19, 2007, 5:41:04 AM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonoh yeah........................................................

Destiny127 on August 22, 2007, 2:20:55 PM

Destiny127 on
Destiny127neep? I think I skipped a chapter..crap. lol one min!! *runs back to read other chapters* I am puzzled...when did sun get bloodily hurt? You did say sephiroth did that..i dunno..

aeris7dragon on August 24, 2007, 12:01:35 PM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonoh i was kinda vague about taht part...see kadaj drew his sword and hit her before she could react.