Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue thing

This is a story of my own creation. All characters are my own-or people I know. Yes, I made up my own language. I know it's a cliche. Meh.

Chapter 0 - Prologue thing

Chapter 0 - Prologue thing
This may not turn out how I like it...bear with me, por favor. BTW, the fairies are human-sized, otherwise the story wouldn't make sense.

Prologue

The fairy's silver hair glinted in the moonlight as he and his sister moved
inconspicuously through Shadarkin's courtyard. The female fairy looked around
nervously.

"Why exactly did Mother want us to come here, Semorin?" Ailamara asked her brother.

"Stop being so jumpy," Semorin said, opening the dungeon door and holding it open for her. "Shadarkin doesn't have guards, it's a common fact. And Mother said we have to free a Seer."

"We already have a Seer," she hissed. "Lokila is the best Seer we can get."

"Don't you think she would get overwhelmed, Aily? After all, she is the midwife and healer as well."

"That's as may be, but why us?"

"She couldn't risk sending anyone else out," he answered shortly.

Now they were in the dungeon. Splitting up, they searched in both directions for the teenage Seer. Semorin was the one who found her.

"Who are you?" the Seer asked the fairy. Her face was expressionless as she looked him up and down.

"My name is Semorin," he replied.

"Sorrow guardian," the girl said. "Adequate. My name's Aryel. I know why you've come, and I have to say I'm glad for it. By the way, your sister's in danger."

Semorin heard a cry, and a thump on the stone floor. He was about to call out Ailamara's name when Aryel put her hand over his mouth.

"Too late," she said. "We have to get out of here, and seek the aid of Helia Fireline. Don't say a word, or we'll be no help to your sister." He nodded, and she removed her hand from his mouth. "This way," she mouthed, slipping out of the cell. He followed her, and they hurried out of Shadarkin's castle.

"Which way's north?" she asked when they'd reached Naradark.

"Why, have you been in that cell too long?" he laughed, pointing north.

"Actually, that's precisely the reason," she said huffily. "Smart alec."
***
Ailamara woke in a cell, which was to be expected. But what wasn't to be expected was the young girl in the corner. Ailamara sat up and stared openmouthed at her.

"Flinadark," she breathed.

~End of Prologue~

Yes, that was a cliffhanger. Boo hoo.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Brodstar5 on August 18, 2007, 5:28:42 PM

Brodstar5 on
Brodstar5this is really good!

aeris7dragon on August 19, 2007, 4:10:04 AM

aeris7dragon on
aeris7dragonThankies!!! ummmmm, who're u?! oh, i'll go looky ur profile.