Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Scents and Changes

Simple little reasons why Inu-Yasha will probaly never tell Kagome his love for her.

rated for language, and puberty talk.
(so, like, no one under the age of 9 should read this)

kind of Inu/Kag

Please read

Chapter 2 - Scents and Changes

Chapter 2 - Scents and Changes

disclaimer: I don't own Inu or co

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, one of the reasons Inu-Yasha could never admit his love to Kagome was her scent in her changes.

And in changes, I meant puberty.

Inu-Yasha, as you all know(and if you don’t, either you’re new to the world of Inu-Yasha, or you got to freshen up on your Inu skills o-0), is a hanyou. Otherwise known as a half demon. He goes through very tough times when it comes to puberty. He goes through his human half and demon half.

When creatures with demon blood are going through puberty, they’re hormones go off the hook. And, since Inu-Yasha is a dog hanyou, it makes things much worse. Youkai’s get VERY aggressive when they’re going through puberty. Especially to the one that they’re blood chose as their mate. For Inu-Yasha, that was Kagome. So, the hanyou decided to try to avoid everyone until it was over. For a few weeks, nobody had noticed a thing, and everything was going smoothly.

Then, everything went downfall when Kagome’s puberty was noticed.

Or to be more specific, her menstrual flow.

One day, when Inu-Yasha’s changes had started to end, he had then decided to tell Kagome that he deeply loved her. The hanyou sat in a tree near her, where she was writing in one of her strange books from her era. He was about to jump at her and confess, when a scent so suddenly rushed right through his nose. And oh, how it smelled so sweet to him! When Inu-Yasha glanced at Kagome, her eyes had widened immensely. About two seconds after, she had ran off back to the campsite. Inu-Yasha shook his head to get out of the daze.

Once again, his youkai side had got the best of him. At first, he had no clue what the heck that smell was. All he knew that it was from Kagome. As he had sat down with his team mates, his gaze went around to all of them, trying to find the one he could ask.

Shippo- No way! He was too young. Plus, he would probably make fun of Inu-Yasha.

Sango- Maybe. She was a girl after all…But she might be pouring questions all over Inu-Yasha.

Miroku- …Hm…

Finally, the hanyou had decided.

Some time later, he had seated inself in front of Miroku, and asked him about it. The monk looked at him confused at first, but when Inu-Yasha explained it a bit more, Miroku got it. As he explained it, Inu-Yasha's face became more red than a tomato. (a/n: If you're under 9, I'd advise you to leave, because I don't want your parents to blame me!)

The monk explained about how it's called smega(I think, the stupid book I was reading was being stupid with me!), and it's a white, cheesy substance that came out of a woman's vagina before their period. The hanyou had questioned Miroku about how the heck he knew all this stuff, but the monk didn't answer. He only asked one thing in reply.

"How did you think it was a sweet smell?"

This for sure made Inu-Yasha confused. Miroku had soon after told him that the smell was revolting to almost everyone. To other people, it smelled like really bad cheese. To Inu-Yasha, it smelled like strawberries, sugar, and syrup.

All of you might be confused, but since Inu-Yasha is a dog hanyou, sickening smells of his soon-to-be mate would be the most sweetest fragrence to him. It'd also make his hormones go crazy. Miroku was about to leave when Inu-Yasha stopped him. There was one more thing to ask the monk.

What was a period?

Now, Miroku felt like a mother telling her daughter about puberty, which made him very uncomfturble. But, Inu-Yasha was his best friend, and this is what he said.

"A period is also called a menstrual flow. It's when if the woman doesn't have any babies in her uterus, the sheets on the walls start to give away, letting blood flow loose out of the vagina."

And that was it. He didn't want to answer anymore questions, so the monk left in a hurry, leaving a very confuzzled Inu-Yasha behind. But he shook it off, and decided to go through this the way he always did.

Just ignore it and wait till it goes away.

Inu-Yasha went on through the weeks, totally ignoring his sudden urges whenever that so sweet sickening smell would come to his nose. But, he kept his cool. Of course though, more problems came.

One day, the group was taking a break from hunting Shikon shards and Naraku. Kagome had rested herself against the trunk of a tree that Inu-Yasha was sitting on, studying for a huge exam she was going to have the next day. And that's when it happened. Inu-Yasha had managed to go through the smega, but when the period actually came, he couldn't resist. This smell made his hormones go crazy, made him want to tackle Kagome right then and there. He never got the chance to though, for Kagome had sped off more fast then he could run! The hanyou ran after her, to see her sitting down, breathing heavily. She had her giant bag beside her and some opened wrapper was layed on the ground.

"Inu-Yasha," Kagome had said, not liking the lust in the hanyou's eyes. "What are you doing?"

Inu-Yasha had tackled Kagome right there into a tree, totally ignoring his grunt from pain. He ripped her clothes off and smashed his lips against hers. Kagome got free when Inu-Yasha suddenly realized what he had done. He stared down at Kagome, who was so scared that she was on the verge of tears.

"Kagome," Inu-Yasha mummured, holding onto the girl's shaking body. He hugged her tight. "I'm sorry."

He never told her that he loved her after that.

Cas In Point: He couldn't tell her because he didn't want to hurt her.

(a/n: That's it for this chapter. Hope you like it!

Next Chapter: Love Triangles and Jealousy)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

mandy94t on September 18, 2006, 9:11:32 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tgreat job