Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Round Two

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 1 - Round Two

Chapter 1 - Round Two
Knuckles stared down the new trainee. A human, a guardian of the chaos emeralds? He couldnt believe it. Knuckled decided to take it easy the first round, just to test his abilities. He had prior training, or so he claimed. Knuckles glided in at half-speed towards the emerald. The human stepped in front of the emerald, passing the first part of the test. He seemed to be contemplating Knuckles. So innocently Knuckles let his guard down. Without warning, the human, pale in the green glow from the emeralds, stepped forward and stooped down, then sprung upward, in effect benchpressing a shocked Knuckles. As he fell, the humans foot came up and stopped just short of Knuckles. Nice work. That was a neat little trick. Whered you learn it? Knuckles asked. The human looked away, uncomfortable. I just thought of it. The first time Knuckles had heard him talk. He had a strange voice, soft-spoke, but at the same time raspy. Well, thats good. Thinking on your feet is good. Now lets take a break, I want you to meet a few friends youll be working with. Knuckles never bothered to scrutinize the eighteen year olds look, but he did so now. Dark brown hair, red shirt, black pants, black coat, red gloves, and black and white shoes. Not that he noticed this on many people, but Knuckles noticed two things, both in his strange dark hazel eyes: Intesity, and a sadness, hopelessness that only years of torment could build. Knuckles wondered what happened, but didnt press the issue. But as they were leaving to meet the Chaotix, the thought crossed his mind: If hes only eighteen, then what the heck happened to make him like that?
In Knothole village, a human similar to the one we just met climbed in through an open window. This human was identical to Knuckles student, except with a white trench coat, and boisterous confidence. He looked at the sick queen, smiling like he was pleased. In his hand, no gloves for him, he held a dagger. Your majesty? he inquired, gripping the dagger. Asleep. Good. She was going to stay that way. Picking his spot, he raised the dagger high..
Espio the chameleon, Mighty the Armadillo, Vector the crocdile, Charmy the Bee and Julie-Su, an echidna, sat around, trying not to stare. Not every day they met a human who wasnt trying to enslave them. Knuckles tried to clear the tension. Hey gang, this is Ekyt. Hes an apprentice guardian, and hes gonna work with you guys. The whole group stirred. Mighty, being the most amiable of the group, got up and extended his hand. Im Mighty, its nice to meet you. Ekyt shook his hand, mumbling something close to you too. Vector decided to speak up. Whered you dig up this guy Knux? This dawg aint lookin like he be packin a punch, yo! Espio and Charmy angrily told him to shut up, while Julie-Su slapped him. Its okay. If he has a problem with me, he can tell me. They had heard Ekyt talk for the first time too. Vector got in his face. Youse aint welcome here, punk! Ekyt raised an eyebrow. Really? Even though Im new here, let me respond to this in the way Ive seen demonstrated. Ekyt punched him, instantly earning everyone but Vectors respect. Knuckles stepped between the two, holding back laughter. Okay, okay, he deserved that, but thats enough, I.. Guardian! an urgent voice called. The echidna chief of police, Constable Remington, came rushing through the jungle. I never figured you would harbor a wanted fugitive! What? When did I do that!? Right now, with him! his finger pointed at Ekyt. What are the charges? Ekyt asked coldly. Murdering the queen, at 3:04 this morning. He was with me! He couldnt have done it! Knuckles exclaimed. Remington sighed. I know guardian, but orders are orders. Constable, remove him!
At this point a girl echidna, deep pink in fur color, looking identical to Julie-Su in every way except she had no metal in her hair, swept into the clearing. Her emerald green eyes searched for the threat. Ekyt, meanwhile, had been ready to fight, but he stopped. On earth, hed never felt like this. He had a disdain for humans, male and female, leaving romance out of the question. But this girl echidna.. Everything about her seemed perfect. Even all business like she was now, her hair (Deep pink with black tips and bangs), clothes (Black vest, and black pants with a red stripe up the side) seemed to suit her. Ekyt shook himself out of the daze he had been in and tried to explain. I didnt do it. I dont know who did, but it wasnt me. Yeah, save it for the judge pal. There are two humans in existence in this world, you and Dr. Robotnik. Since youre not 500 lbs, youre not Robotnik. But you are under arrest by the order of King Acorn! She forced him up to a tree and handcuffed his hands behind his back.
You see fit to murder my wife, and now you lie before me? King Acorn thundered. Sally and Elias, his children, were beside him. Im not lying, Im innocent. Give me a chance to prove it. No. If Knuckles wishes to do so, he may pursue the one who committed the murder. Even if that person is you. Knuckles nodded at Ekyt, and turned to King Acorn. I will sire. Hes innocent, and I think I know who did it. You may go Knuckles. King Acorn turned his attention back to Ekyt. As for you, the constable will see to it that you are detained until proven innocent.. or guilty.
Knuckles looked at the murder scene for clues. Sonic raced up. Hey red! Whats up! Sonic asked. Cant talk now Sonic. My new protg got framed for murdering the queen. Someone that looked like him did it. But the only way that could happen is if he had a double.. Sonic cringed. Waay past uncool! But a double, we had that problem! Its the cosmic interstate! Hes probably got an evil twin, like we do! (That really happened in the original comic series- N.G.) Thats gotta be it! Can you get there and slow him down? Then Ill catch up and well get him outta here! Knuckles exclaimed.
Ekyt stared ahead, not moving save for blinking. Linda-Su, the constable that arrested him, felt bad for him. She tried not too. The dungeon was cold. The human in the cell behind her must have sensed her discomfort, because he shrugged off his jacket and gave it to her. Thanks. She said, taking the coat without really knowing why. I dont think you did it, just so you know. The fifteen-year-old female echidna told the human. Glad someone believes me. Came the reply. He still hadnt moved. Linda-Su could see the same thing in his eyes that Knuckles did, but with one other thing. Something was bothering him, he was intense, and the thing she figured out? That wasnt as easy to tell. But she figured it out. It was like he could see through her, though he was looking at her. He was dead to the world, it seemed. His eyes showed her that he both cared and didnt really have any confidence. Hey, listen, Im sorry if I hurt you back there. She told him. Dont worry. I dont blame people for doing their jobs. Linda-Su sighed. This was sad. One more chance to break the ice. But before she could do it, he did. Im sorry about not introducing myself. Im Ekyt. He said, extending his hand through the bars. My names Linda-Su. She said, shaking. Do you have a sister? Ekyt asked her. Yeah, why? The surname, and you look a lot like her. Im supposed to work with the Chaotix. Yup, thats her. So, youre a guardian? she asked, almost instantly regretting it. Supposedly. But so far I havent done much guarding. I couldnt even save the queens life. If only I had known, I would have stopped him. I thought he was gone. Linda-Su was confused. Who? Kyte. (Pronounced Key-tay) Hes basically an evil version of me from a parallel universe. What happened? Ekyt looked at her, then away. You dont want to know. Sure I do. What happened? You know what? Tell me about you instead. Ekyt looked her in the eyes, then began the tale of what was the shards of his past..

CAN SONIC AND KNUCKLES CATCH THE IMPOSTER? AND WHATS THIS, LOVE AT FIRST SITE? YOUVE GOTTA READ TO FIND OUT! GOT FAN CHARS? ILL ADD EM! GOT A QUESTION? ILL ANSWER IT! AND YA KNOW WHY?

CAUSE NG DOES WHAT OTHERS WONT!

NOW, A NEW FEATURE:

The purpose of this Next Guardian is a fresh perspective on the 100+ chapter original. Both will be regularly updated, along with Sonic X: Next Guardian Style. If you take offense to my slogan (Above), please reconsider, its just me having a little fun. There are a number of authors and artists on this site/ formerly on this site who definitely have my respect (in no order, sorry if I missed you, let me know and Ill add you next ish!):

Neopetgirl
Violet_Rose
MitchellP
Jo_Pen
Flashthehedgehog
Shadowthe_Hedgehog
SkyLord
MrGimp
FalconLobo
CowGirl10
Cowgirl5
MechaSonic43
Sabrinat14
Jaideanna
Max2085
Segathehedgehog

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Jo_Pen on October 4, 2006, 3:59:03 PM

Jo_Pen on
Jo_PenDude!! Nice start! I think I'm hooked, lol. Very descriptive and easy to visualize!

Thanks for everything, okaydie??
*Thumbs Up!*

Pabbit_da_Rabbit on October 2, 2006, 2:28:21 PM

Pabbit_da_Rabbit on
Pabbit_da_RabbitI usually don't read a lot of fanfiction, but I just started reading yours and it's really good so far, but if only the way it was uploaded wasn't so funky. Anyhoo, nice writing. I'll have to come back to this some other time and finish reading the rest of your chapters.

Flashthehedgehog on October 1, 2006, 11:26:41 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogwow what a great chapter. I think I read a Sonic Comic where Knuckles had an evil twin. But then I found out there were LOADS of different Sonic Comic. Ah well at least I have some idea ^^

As for Flash, just in case you're wondering, he's on holiday after finished LoH. In....er...Australia..yeah. ^^

There actually is a Dorito factory there!

Well done

Orelin on September 27, 2006, 7:38:47 AM

Orelin on
OrelinThis is really good. I hope you add more soon, I'll be sure to take a good look at it! I't great so far!!!!

Violet_Rose on September 27, 2006, 5:34:02 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseThis is great to have :3

Shadowthe_hedgehog on September 26, 2006, 10:31:06 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME ^^ I really like this story ^^