Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - Untainted Love

I take couples requests. CanonxCanon, OCxCanon only, though. For now, no yaoi/yuri. Please read and comment on at least 1 completed ch before making an rq.

Chapter 21 - Untainted Love

Chapter 21 - Untainted Love
(NOTE: PLEASE READ 'AFFAIR OF THE HEART' BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THIS FIC)

Sakura and I have been seeing each other steadily since our bold move on her birthday. Her parents hate me. But, really, I couldn’t care less. I wasn’t as worried about my parents- they’d just be happy for me. My Mother is one of those rare, empathetic people that will genuinely be happy for me. She’s seen me suffer from loneliness, anxiety, depression, and a lot of other stuff. She hasn’t yet seem me in the midst of this akward ‘love’ thing, but she’ll be happy for me, and that’s what matters.

Dad…not so sure. He’s not like Sakura’s father, but he has a tendency to joke too much, or say something embarrassing. No guy wants his new girlfriend exposed to that. But, my Dad’s harmless.

Really, I’m mostly worried about me. I’ve fallen very hard for that girl, and I feel like I have to prove my worth to her. And even scarier, I’d do anything to prove that worth. Sakura doesn’t see the need, but she doesn’t have the massive inferiority complex I do.

--
“So, this girl is Lady Tsunade’s protégé?”

My Mom didn’t sound skeptical. God bless her, she thought any girl was good enough for me.

“Yeah, that’s right. You know, the pink-haired girl?”
Man, I was seriously nervous! This was my first girlfriend! I’d never even brought a girl home before!

“Well, ---- -chan, she’s pretty cute. Is her hair color naturally pink?”

“Mom! –chan?! I’m a twenty-year-old boy! And, please, it’s Ryouko now! ANBU and all that! And I don’t know! I think it’s pink! I…haven’t gotten that close yet. She’s still new to me and all…”

My Mom laughed- she had gotten me again. She was just messing with me, to help me ease the tension I was so obviously feeling. I had to ask her something important, before I forgot.

“PLEASE- no stories, and no grilling her! And don’t let Dad act like a jerk to her! I know he’s just kidding, but…but…I’m really serious about this girl!”

I blurted it out. My Mom, who knows me better than anyone, was shocked. But she seemed genuinely happy, too. I never dated, at least partially, because I didn’t want to abandon her and Dad. But I couldn’t hold off the pursuit of my own happiness anymore. And, we lived close- I hadn’t lived with them since coming to the Leaf Village anyway.

“Well then, Ryo-chan, at least tell me what Sakura-chan likes to eat.”

I blinked. “I have no idea. I don’t know much about her yet. But, uh, dumplings! Girls seem to like those things! Don’t they?!”

My Mom chuckled a little at that. “Clueless as ever about girls, are you Ryo-chan? You were never very good with the opposite sex. Girl-shy, I think.”

“Yeah, you’ve got THAT right,” I muttered. I hadn’t told my parents about my near-legendary skittishness when it came to the kunoichi. “What I know about girls can be inscribed on the head of a pin. But that’s why I’m dating her. Kindly don’t tell her I said I was serious about her, okay?”

Mom hugged me quickly. “Sure thing, Ryo-chan. It’s your business when it comes to telling her things like that.”

I smirked a little. “Can I drink? Please? My heart’s gonna beat out of my chest unless I can gulp some sake…”

“Absolutely not! Do you want to seem like a drunk in front of your date?! And no cigarettes inside the house!” Mom scolded, yanking a cigarette and lighter from my hand just as I was about to light up. “Tell me you at LEAST plan to dress up for her!”

“Make me dress up and I’ll go goth!” I shot back. “She’s wearing her work clothes…I think…Well, no matter what, she’ll look great! As for me…hey, you can put perfume on a pig, but it’s still a pig…”

Mom shook her head, laughing at my phrase. “Well, it takes a big pig to admit that. At least go walk your guest here. It’s not right for a girl to show up on her own. I raised you better than that, Ryo-chan!”

--

Ryouko was waiting for Sakura outside the Hokage’s building. He was a fierce shade of red, and his hands were shaking.

“A little nervous, hmm?” Sakura murmured, leaning up to kiss Ryouko’s cheek. His cheek was burning so incredibly hot! “How long is it gonna take for you to get used to me, anyway?”

Ryouko gulped, standing up straighter. “I don’t know. You’re the first girl to treat me like this. Special, I mean. But, uh, I really do feel comfortable with you.”

Sakura took one of his hands, holding it in both of hers. “Calm down! The big, scary girl isn’t going to hurt you, okay? I’m not going to bully you…unless you’re into that sort of thing…”

A week ago, that would have made Ryouko’s mind stop. Now, though, after a week of having the cute little Haruno girl as a steady date, he could kind of understand ‘flirting’.

Kind of.

“Uh…are YOU into that sort of thing?”

Sakura reached up and grabbed both of Ryouko’s cheeks. Her eyes bored into his. Her greens and his hazels seemed to mix for an instant in the sun. They seemed oddly like a normal couple. Except that the girl was more powerful physically, and she had to restrain herself when gripping his head like that.

But there a small change that made Sakura smile a little more.

He’s still shaking and blushing, but he didn’t wince when I reached for his face. He trusts me. That’s a great start. Trust is the basis of any relationship. Now, to really form the relationship…

“I might be into it…but we should try to go a little slower. I don’t want to miss anything along the way. Y’know…that extra bit of tongue that turns ‘kissing’ into ‘making out’…”

Ryouko couldn’t have moved if he’d wanted to. This was what he had always wanted, and with who he had always wanted. This was as close to perfection as life ever got. Or so the battle-hardened warrior believed.

Sakura gave Ryouko a little breathing room, worried what would happen if she pushed a little farther. He needed to be introduced to the idea of his new life slowly, or it might have an adverse affect on him.

“So, what are your parents like?” Sakura wondered aloud as the two walked in a meandering path toward Ryouko’s parent’s house.

“The opposite of yours,” Ryouko murmured, laughing a little. “My Mom will have adopted you by the time you get your sandals off. Dad…well, he can be irritating, but he’s really a mellow guy. He just jokes a lot. And you know Holly, of course…”

“They sound so…nice,” Sakura commented, kind of surprised. “I mean, you’re a nice guy, but I thought they’d be more…combat oriented.”

“Oh, my Mom and Dad can handle themselves. They just aren’t as into the whole combat thing as I am. They’re pretty up to the times.”

Sakura tugged at her clothes, frowning. “My skirt’s not too short, is it?”

“Pardon my complete ignorance, but is than an invitation to look at your legs more closely without being a pervert?” Ryouko asked, somehow seeming entirely honest in spite of the ludicrous question.

“I should hope not!” Sakura pretended to be appalled by the idea. “We’re dating! You were supposed to have checked me out before then!”

“I didn’t know, I swear!” Ryouko raised his hands in mock surrender. “Well, okay, I DID check you out. But I never took a really good look. Otherwise I’d have had to explain myself. And you might have hurt me…”

Sakura shrugged. “Yeah, you’re right. But, seriously, I’m going to stare shamelessly at you. It’s fine for you to do the same.”

This was fun. A moment between couples. They seemed so right for each other. Ryouko had never dared to dream that he would someday meet his perfect match. Sakura had never thought of anyone but Sasuke. Maybe boys with a ‘dark’ side were her weakness? Either way, she hadn’t found a Sasuke substitute- she had moved on to someone much better for her.

“We should eat. Making out takes energy, and M’lady rode me hard today!” Sakura said, groaning a little as she stretched her arms out above her head, fingers locked.

“Oh, right! This way, then.”

--

Dinner was quiet, at first. Introductions were made first thing.

“It was Sakura, right?” Ryouko’s mom, Shinobu, asked, setting the table.

“Yes ma’am, that’s right,” Sakura answered in the affirmative, seeking out Ryouko’s hand for comfort. His parents might not be scary, but it was still nerve-wracking; introducing others into their previously private relationship.

“And how long have you known Ryo-chan?” Shinobu continued pleasantly. She didn’t look behind her, so she didn’t see the mild look of contempt Ryouko gave her for using that nickname.

“Three years or so,” Sakura replied.

“Oh, then you must be really tolerant of Ryo-chan’s mistakes! Girls aren’t his strong suit, as I’m sure you’ve figured out.”

“Mom…” Ryouko growled, making a mental note to discuss this with her later, in private.

Sakura stifled a giggle. “That’s true. But he’s sweet-natured, and you obviously raised him as a gentleman. So, to me, he’s quite a catch!”

Ryouko looked ready for a drink already. Since Shinobu had forbidden his drinking in front of Sakura (at least while she was looking), he would have to make do with Sakura’s calming gazes.

Shinobu smiled happily at Sakura. “Well, I’m glad to hear that! Tell me, how did you and Ryo-chan meet?”

Sakura glanced at Ryouko, not sure whether she could say or not. Ryouko gave her a small smile and a nod. He hadn’t told him Mom this part of his job, but now was as good a time as any for her to find out.

“Well…” Sakura began, thinking carefully, “I met him when he first came here. But I really got to know him after he took a knife in the chest for me. Luckily, I’m a medical ninja. And I got to see a lot of him that way.”

Shinobu immediately ordered Ryouko to take off his vest, even giving him a smack in the back of the head. “You idiot! I know you don’t understand girls, but to play the ‘damsel in distress’ card? How desperate were you?!”

Ryouko rolled his eyes. “Mom, it wasn’t just her. You know how I am. I would have taken a knife for anyone! And I’m glad, since that’s how I got to meet Sakura. Hey, don’t touch the wound!”

But Shinobu was already probing Ryouko’s chest, about three inches over his heart. There was only a small white scar. Considering the extent of the injury, this was quite a feat of medical ninjutsu, and a testament to Sakura’s skills.

“Mom! Stop! I don’t take my shirt off in public! Not in front of my girlfr-”

Ryouko and Sakura made eye contact.

Did I just say girlfriend?! Oh, man! That’s not true yet! I’m just a date, not a boyfriend! Ryouko began to panic, wondering how Sakura would react. Hit him? Dump him? Turn him over to Tsunade?

Sakura’s thoughts were different. Did he say girlfriend! Yes! Yes yes yes! Just say it again! Please! I’d love to be your girlfriend!

Shinobu hadn’t noticed. “Oh dear. She hasn’t seen your chest? Well, it’s only been a week, right Ryo-chan? Not that there’s anything to show off…”

“MOM!” Ryouko yelled, reached away from her probing fingers. “First, that hurts, please stop poking my injury! Second, who the hell says something like that to her son?!”

“Don’t swear when a girl is present!” Shinobu shot back mildly, giving him another hit on the head. “Especially when the girl is your mother, or your girlfriend!”

“Yes ma’am,” Ryouko said weekly.

Perhaps it was Ryouko’s destiny to be conquered by the opposite sex.
--

Dinner had been pleasant. Ryouko’s Dad behaved, and Sakura liked the dumplings that Shinobu had made. It was time for desert very quickly. Ryouko didn’t often partake in desert because he was health conscious. But it was a special occasion, after all. Why not?

As dessert was served, Ryouko saw Sakura blush. He was perplexed by that sudden display, and he wasn’t sure how to react. Was she having a girl moment of some kind? Something Ryouko didn’t want to know about her? Or maybe a fantasy? Or was the desert ecstasy to her?

They may be human, but for me…girls might as well be another species entirely.

Carefully, Ryouko reached under the table to squeeze her hand. She took it gratefully.

“So, Sakura-chan, have the thought of children crossed your mind?”

By Sakura’s sudden intake of breath, and sudden Ryouko-ish blush, she must have been surprised. Ryouko felt her squeeze his hand.

“I would love children,” Sakura responded confidently, even a little happily. Perhaps pensively as well? Thinking about the children she wanted already?

“Mom! Don’t ask that!” Ryouko murmured.

“That was rude, wasn’t it? Forgive me, Sakura-chan,” Shinobu said pleasantly, as though her son hadn’t said anything at all. As if children could be mistaken for a comment about the weather.

“Oh, not at all! Actually, the thought had crossed my mind recently,” Sakura admitted. “I’d love one of each. A boy and a girl. Maybe more. But at least one of each.”

“Well, I hope Ryo-chan is up to the challenge for you, then,” Shinobu commented.

Ryouko’s face first drained of all color, then flushed bright red.
Does she think I don’t know where babies come from? Okay, maybe the physics are a little sketchy, but don’t you pick that up with practice? And repetition? Lots of repetition?

“Please excuse me,” Ryouko said, shaking his head in disbelief even while walking away.

Shinobu stared after him. “It seems I’ve embarrassed him. Oh well. Boys get like that around such topics. But while he’s gone, Sakura-chan, please tell me- how do you feel about Ryo-chan? Are you serious about him?”

Sakura sensed that this was a concerned mother asking. She wasn’t gossiping- it was straight-up question about her son’s well-being. And perhaps Sakura’s as well.

“Well…” Sakura stammered, not sure what to say. “…yes. I really, really like him. And I hope it’s okay with you.”

Shinobu noted that Sakura’s voice was almost desperate at the end. I see… She cares very deeply for Ryo-chan. And he for her, of course. But she couldn’t use the word ‘love’. I wonder if Ryo-chan said it to her yet. Well, I’ll have to prod them both in the right direction. After that, I’ll let fate take it’s course.

“Of course it’s alright, Sakura-chan. I don’t think there’s another girl in the village I’d be happier to see Ryo-chan dating. Now then, make sure you two get some time to yourselves before the night is over. I’d imagine you two have a lot talk about.”

Sakura looked a little sad. The reason soon became apparent.

“I never told him I loved him. I was so caught up when he told me, on my birthday. I just can’t find the right time to tell him.”

Shinobu gave a knowing smile. “Well, unless you say something, Ryo-chan won’t make another move. It’s up to you, the female, the superior one (small giggle), to be precocious. You’ll know the right time when it comes. Then, you just say it, and don’t hold back.”

That made sense to Sakura. It was clear that it had taken Ryouko all the courage he had to get to this point. Now he needed a poke in the right direction.

“Thank you. I’ll make it clear to him how I feel.”

Sakura stood up and stepped out toward the back deck, where her boyfriend was standing, a cigarette in hand. His face was half-lit by moonlight, and the way he held his cigarette gave him a thoughtful-looking silhouette. He was lost in his own thoughts as Sakura slipped outside and stood next to him.

Shinobu watched the two for a minute, a light smile on her face.

“Time to let them find their way. If it’s meant to be. She’s such a nice girl. She’ll be very good for him.”

She looked away when Sakura leaned toward Ryouko.
--

“Ryouko…I never said it to you. On my birthday…”

Ryouko narrowed his eyes. “What was that?” he asked, looking up at the moon.

“That I love you.”

She just said it. There was no right or wrong time to say the four words that made the human race what it was. The ability to love another, even above oneself, was what made you want more strength. To protect what’s dear to you. That was what mattered.

“Come on, let’s take a walk,” Sakura urged, pulling Ryouko out toward the street. She towed him along, searching until she found a spot not spoiled by streetlight. It was near a bridge, toward the center of the Leaf Village. A private spot.

Here goes… Sakura thought, leaning in to Ryouko while snaking her arm around his.

It started out as a quick kiss under a beautiful night sky. But as the two leaned away, something bugged Ryouko. Sakura had been the one to take all the steps in the relationship. Maybe he should try something?

As she started to turn away, Ryouko grabbed her tighter, pulled her in close, and met her mouth to mouth. Sakura, surprised at first, was quick to recover and go on the offensive.

Her hands dug into his shoulders, tearing and clawing desperately- passionately. They wrapped around his slim torso, looking for a way to draw the stunned boy even closer. Scratches were left on the thin fabric of tee-shirt in the wake of the powerful hands with sturdy nails, but the boy paid them no mind. He was too busy forcing himself to match her near-frantic pace with his own tongue and lips. When her nails broke his shirt, and then the skin beneath, he turned redder yet.

He could feel her breasts against his chest. Their legs intertwined in an embrace of their own. Neither participant was willing to let go of the swirling emotions they were feeling.

Sakura ran her hand through Ryouko’s hair, seizing it roughly with an iron grip. Again attempting to bring him closer. She could sense any little bit of trepidation he still held, and she was going to tear it away. There was no way she would let herself be denied.

They broke away, both needing to breathe. A thin trail of saliva connected their lips and tongues. It would have been disgusting to anyone who hadn’t yet experienced this. A stage beyond a kiss, yet a stage below love making itself. Call it passion with restraint.

“I love you!” Ryouko gasped, out of breath despite all his training. There was no way to train for something like this.

As Sakura chomped on his neck and shoulders, she managed to whisper “I love you, too!”

They kissed a while longer. Sakura was pretty clear that she wasn’t letting Ryouko duck out of this. She stepped her right leg directly in between his legs, trapping his feet. Never mind the fact that her upper leg was grinding into Ryouko’s groin- if he moved, it would cost him.

Finally, both were out of air again. The heat of the moment had passed, and they both slowly calmed down. They kept their embrace tight. For a time, they just gazed at each other. It was the kind of moment you couldn’t appreciate until it happened to you. Then the other person’s eyes became the most fascinating thing in the world.

“I…guess I should be getting home…” Sakura muttered, disappointed that things had ended so quickly.

“Oh…yeah…” Ryouko replied, apparently feeling the same way. He scratched his head, not quite meeting Sakura’s gaze. “I, uh…could…move closer to you.”
He almost said it as a question.

Sakura liked the idea, but had a revision.

“No, I’ll move. You’ve made enough sacrifices for me. It’s time I made some for you. But believe me, it’s not chore moving closer to you.”

As they walked toward Sakura’s house, each wondered what the next step in their relationship would be. It wouldn’t do to move too fast; nor would it do to move too slow. For the moment, they would be content.

That’s how it should be, Sakura thought to herself as she snuggled up against her man. Happiness, and a relationship untainted by lust. This is love as it was meant to be.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YunieXTidus on January 3, 2011, 4:47:25 PM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusThis is wonderful. I would say "I could see you inserting this into 'Serving Naruto and Sakura,'" but atm it looks like you have other plans for Sakura. Loving this!

andr28a on May 11, 2009, 2:51:02 AM

andr28a on
andr28aWOW