Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 59 - Arc VIII: Death of the Flesh- Chapter 9

My OC is forced to play servant to Naruto and Sakura. He must ignore his own dreams to see that Sakura and Naruto live happily ever after- either as a couple, or as the two strongest shinobi ever.

Chapter 59 - Arc VIII: Death of the Flesh- Chapter 9

Chapter 59 - Arc VIII: Death of the Flesh- Chapter 9
For the first time since he had known her, Miko was clearly stunned. She had no idea what to do with her hands, apparently, as they moved about as though they were trying to answer. She met Yuji’s eyes, and saw nothing but sincerity in them.

“But…we agreed we aren’t in love!”

Yuji nodded, reaching into his coat pocket. “I know. But we both love Shoki. And he needs a family.”

Pausing, Yuji met Miko’s eyes, appreciating how pretty they were. He COULD fall in love with her, but that would take time they didn’t have. Instead, perhaps she could agree to unite for Shoki’s sake. And maybe for his own, too.

Not to mention that, if we’re married, I’ve got an excuse to protect her. And if I can’t, then at least she’ll die knowing someone will handle her affairs.

“Shoki needs us. Granted, we’re more of a big brother and sister to him, but we’re close enough to his age to relate to him. We can help him. Even if it’s to give him the slightest taste of what a family feels like. That might help him find his own. At most, three years.”
Tugging up one corner of his mouth, Yuji told Miko:
“It’s not like you have to sleep with me.”

Miko smiled in return, taking Yuji’s hand. “I’ll need to think about it. Marriage isn’t something to be taken lightly. And if we’re planning to end it, it defeats the point of the unity of marriage. But Shoki would benefit from this…”

“You can adopt him. I can’t,” Yuji pointed out. “If I’m married to you, then I’ll have adopted him indirectly, and can lay claim to protecting him legally. And believe me, this is as awkward for me as it is for you. I’m a big believer in the sanctity of marriage. And marriage should be a thing of love, not obligation. But it’s the best solution I can think of to this problem.”

“A sham marriage solving a real problem,” Miko quipped, giving Yuji’s hand a squeeze. “There might be an easier way to do this. But I’ll think about it. And, if nothing else, Yuji- I’m honored. I can only love you platonically. But there’s no one alive that wouldn’t be happy to hear they’re loved in some way. So…thanks.”

Her smile warmed his jaded heart, and Yuji knew that if circumstances were different, he might very easily have fallen in love with Miko.
--
--

Azami had Naruto and Sakura stand opposite her on the beach behind her home. The pleasant breeze never seemed to die down, and the beach was an endless stretch of white, clean sand.

In a loose white dress, Azami looked very much like an exotic beauty. She WAS, but you’d never guess that she was as deadly an assassin and combatant as they came. She was, without a doubt- hot.

“Now then,” she said, regaining Naruto and Sakura’s attention. Both had focused on Azami, for different reasons.

Wow. She’s got…like…wow. This is Sexy Jutsu material!

Sakura’s thoughts were a bit different and full of exasperation. Damn her, she’s got all the right curves in all the right places, AND she’s insanely strong! Is this what Lady Tsunade was like in her prime?

Azami ignored Naruto’s lustful looks and Sakura’s exasperated expression for now, focusing on her mission.
“Yuji asked me to train you for two reasons. One: Naruto, like you, I use a wind-style chakra. I can help you gain mastery of it. And two: Sakura, you’re a genjutsu type, despite your destructive abilities. Yuji’s plan was to teach you genjutsu next. He has asked me to do the same, as I defeated him in genjutsu combat-”

“You did?! When was that?!” Naruto exclaimed. Yuji’s strength in genjutsu had become evident to him once he had seen the paradise Yuji created for himself in his own mind, and made it realistic and available for access.

“Oh, when we first met. We were in the hot spring. Tch! He was more interested in fighting than looking! I was worried I wasn’t attractive enough to get his attention…”

While Azami smiled wistfully, Naruto and Sakura huddled up.

“Huh, hot spring?! Together?!” Naruto
“That’s what she said…” Sakura
“Like, what kind of stuff did they-” Naruto
“I don’t know! Yuji’s got ‘virgin’s eyes’, so…” Sakura
“Huh? ‘Virgin’s eyes’? How the heck can you tell that?” Naruto.
“Women’s intuition, but that’s not the point!”
“How the hell did he ignore that, in the flesh? OW! Don’t hit me! I’m with you, aren’t I?” Naruto
“Why? ‘Cause I’m convenient?!” Sakura

A sweat drop formed on Azami’s cheek. Maybe I should’ve left that detail out…
--
--

Naruto and Sakura stood across from each other on the water. After two weeks, they were ready to try out their new skills. The water rippled with intensity generated by their chakra. They had both taken to Azami’s training as a fit for the most natural thing in the world. She had condensed for them what would normally take six months into a two week session. It was remarkable that they had picked up what they had. It took raw talent and drive to accomplish anything of that magnitude.

Now let’s see if their training took… Best to let them spar it out first. This way I can just watch. But I have to admit -I’m anxious to get a match in against them.

As the match unfolded, Azami realized that the prophecy Yuji had often spoke about to her could be very real. The way these two had absorbed which she had taught in such a short amount of time was astonishing. As the two clashed it again, and more than half the water in their immediate area was displaced by a massive explosion caused by two powerful chakras meeting, Azami could see Yuji’s desperation to get stronger.

He has a major inferiority complex as it is. Seeing these two constantly evolving beyond his scope of strength must be terribly frustrating. Hell, even I’m motivated to train harder after seeing these two.

Naruto hadn’t invented any new jutsu, but he had improved his old ones in some very impressive ways. He had managed to hide a Rasengan by disguising it as a shadow clone. His clones could also distort themselves it will, becoming longer while holding a Rasengan, allowing them to stretch out with the effectiveness of a spear.

This new attack was part of the reason the beach had all but disappeared by the freak tides the two were causing with their high powered attacks.

Sakura had focused on genjutsu. She had managed to combine genjutsu with her prowess as a medical shinobi and her sheer power. She had learned to load her chakra into her fist and send the genjutsu along the current of destruction she caused by smashing the ground, sometimes even being able to create a blanket effect genjutsu to affect every living thing in surrounding area. She transmitted her genjutsu by the touch of her chakra. It fit her style well.

The only downside to all this was that Naruto was semi distracted by Sakura. He was tending not to give it his all when facing her. Luckily, that was a one sided problem, as Sakura had no problem blasting Naruto almost as hard as she could. Still, maybe it was a good thing that Naruto can show a little bit of restraint?

I’ll let you Yuji the judge of that. They’re still his problem, and I don’t want to step on his toes…

Brushing her long hair out with her hand and adjusting her bangs, Azami reflected on the other things Yuji had told her. He had been secretive -even by his normal standards. Normal enough, but Azami prided herself on the fact that he could tell her anything - and usually did. If there was something that’s troublesome on the horizon, Yuji would need all the strength he could get. Even borrowed strength, if necessary.

We’ll all be in for a hell of a fight. Pain is almost unstoppable.

And yet, Azami was surprised to find that she wasn’t as worried as she felt she should be. Maybe it was the two rapidly blooming shinobi be in front of her.

They’re the future… A whole different kind of strength.

Heh. No wonder Yuji’s feeling outdated. I’m starting to feel it, too.

--
--
Yuji was busy stacking wood as quietly as he could so as not to wake Shoki. He occasionally exchange glances with Miko. They smiled like newlyweds, though there was nothing between them but a genuine concern for the future, and a good deal of friendship.

This is what married life is like. At least, as I always imagined it. Two strong, independent people joined together to make an even stronger person. Two parts of the same whole.

They were about to exchange conversation when something rippled through both of their chakras.

Yuji felt it first. He and Miko exchanged glances.

“No…” she whispered, seemingly terrified for the first time since Yuji had known her. If anything, it strengthened his resolve to protect her. Shoki was awake now, and though quiet, clearly he wanted to know what was going on.

There was no time to think. The chakras were getting closer. Yuji physically picked up Shoki and Miko and put them in the center of the room. He unfurled a scroll, writing on it in his blood. He threw the scroll to the ceiling, where it stuck, then unfurled all the way down to the floor. All around Shoki and Miko a barrier of red came up.

Just like the ‘Cleansing of the Spirit‘! He couldn’t have developed this technique so quickly! The ‘Temper of Heaven Protection’! I knew he would develop it eventually, but so quickly after seeing my version!
Putting a hand out, Miko felt the barrier. It was strong, but not perfectly so. From this, she understood Yuji’s thought process. He had no choice but to do all he could, and now.

“Shadow Clone Justsu! Four-Pillar Barrier Seal!”

Four of Yuji’s clones made a perimeter around Shoki and Miko. They all sat down, their hands set in seals and their chakra focused. A second barrier sprang up, this one black and so dark that peering through it was like looking through a screen. It was like watching silhouettes in the moonlight.
It was a horrifying experience. Miko had to conceal a shiver.

No time. Focus your chakra. This is the ‘dire circumstance’ that will require my ninjutsu.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

andr28a on March 27, 2011, 9:26:26 AM

andr28a on
andr28aI feel the fristration of having a younger generation beat you in things. I know the annoyance indeed.

Ohh whats going on at the end? Pain?

YunieXTidus on March 26, 2011, 1:31:30 PM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusI totally understand Azami's and Yuji's frustration. The next generation is surpassing them.

Nice, suspenseful ending. Good work here.