Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 73 - Arc X: True Form- Chapter 7

My OC is forced to play servant to Naruto and Sakura. He must ignore his own dreams to see that Sakura and Naruto live happily ever after- either as a couple, or as the two strongest shinobi ever.

Chapter 73 - Arc X: True Form- Chapter 7

Chapter 73 - Arc X: True Form- Chapter 7
Sakura and Naruto had a lot of fun together. This was the first time they’d been out together as an unabashed, real couple. They got a few stares, mostly from people cheering them on. Naruto had become quite popular in the past few years, as did the lady on his arm. Sakura had patched up just about everyone, and if not them, then their families. Either way, the two were well known and well received.

It warmed Sakura’s heart to see that Naruto had finally, finally been accepted by the village. She knew how much it meant to him. Consequently, it had wound up meaning a lot to her as well.

This was a perfect relationship for her, though it wasn’t with who she imagined. She allowed herself to think to the future. They had caught up with Sasuke; ending the threat of the Akatsuki; finished Orochimaru- and there she was, her and Naruto, standing at the top of it all.

It made her insides flutter with glee as she imagined how close the two of them would get.
--
--

Yuji had a million questions to ask. There had been another ‘Heaven’s Temper’? Who? And what had become of him?

“The original ‘Heaven’s Temper’ was a samurai.”

Asuna began to explain, as though she had read Yuji’s mind. Which, admittedly, was probably not difficult at the moment. Yuji barely noticed her snapping the wooden restraints on him, binding him to a stone wall that she had created at some point. He honestly didn’t remember summoning the stuff here, but apparently he had, as the restraints, the dagger, and the furoshiki were all lying in a neat pile near Asuna/Uzume.

“He was from the Land of Iron. He was a swordsman said to be undefeatable in combat. His power became so great that he eventually stopped using any weapons in his duels. In those days, challengers came to the different villages and lands, before they were united in part due to Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju. He stopped slaying his enemies, and instead began to teach. But he never took a wife, and had only an adopted ’son’. After the adoption, he spent his life searching for his successor. His brother and sister each had children, and the family line continues today, albeit under a different surname.”

Asuna had finished restraining Yuji. She probed his shirtless body, watching dispassionately as her fingers burned from unrestrained chakra. Yuji’s own ‘laws’ in this genjutsu world forbid pain and injury.

The rhythm of Azami’s bead shaking now matched Asuna’s tone of speech in speed. Asuna herself seemed to be in a trance, as she finished the story.

“On his deathbed, his quest for a successor failed, he sealed his abilities away in a scroll and flung it into the heavens. Thanks to his power, it flew for many years, until one ‘Hiruzen Sarutobi‘- your Third Hokage- came upon it. Only one with such ability could even open the scroll, let alone read it‘s contents.”

Asuna held out the white Furoshiki, wiping Yuji’s ki point with it. He could feel some invisible substance against his skin. He felt the same sensation inside of him, moving along his chakra network.

“The previous ‘Ten no Kishootsu’ had the abilities of wind and water. In direct contrast to your own earth and fire. He possessed taijutsu abilities that were unparalleled; you possess an underdeveloped prowess for genjutsu. What you have in common is the potential to use ‘void’ chakra.”

Asuna clenched the ceremonial dagger, and wiped it with the Furoshiki.

“Void chakra? What is that?”

“It is chakra that is absent of any form. You’ve already used it in it’s early stages. I believe you called it ‘neutral chakra’.”

Before Yuji could respond, Asuna reached for his chin, cupping her hand under it. She spoke with a grim seriousness that was vaguely unsettling, but almost assuredly warranted.
“I’ll ask you once more: do you trust me?”

Yuji could sense that he could ask no more questions now. Instead, he nodded, meeting Asuna/Uzume’s eyes. Her eyes gave him a smile her body could not, and she kissed him on the cheek.

“I’m thankful for the laws of your genjutsu world. Otherwise the pain would be…”

Asuna stabbed Yuji in the ki point, pushing the ceremonial dagger in up to it’s hilt. No blood came out, but Yuji’s flesh twisted in an awful way as the dagger buried itself in his abdomen. The hilt came to rest on his navel. His face was frozen in shock, although he felt no pain. All the same, the feeling was very awkward, for want of a better term.

“…unbearable.”
--
--
Sasuke scanned the village from a distance. He remained silent and unreadable as usual, even to his three followers. What he was planning was not known to them in depth. It was more of a vague outline. The only thing that was obvious was the conclusion: The Leaf must fall.

“Naruto will be a problem. And possibly Yuji. But no one else poses a threat,” Sasuke said out of the blue. “If things work like I expect, that little servant boy Yuji will show up first and try to deal with us.”

Suigetsu’s enormous sword was slung across his shoulders. Apparently, he was completely at ease.
“So we can kill him?”

“Yes. Naruto is the only one who has to fall by my hand. Anyone else is fair game for whoever reaches them first.”

Karin was sitting near Sasuke’s feet, focusing. She frowned, concentrating, and also feeling uneasy somehow. Like something was missing. A chakra that should have been present that was not. A void…
--
--

The dagger didn’t hurt, but that didn’t mean that this was at all calming to Yuji. Even as his genjutsu worked to calm him, he was panicking. He didn’t know what kind of damage this was doing!

“The final stage: the ability to access the full scope of your chakra without the aid of the curse bindings. At least, internally. The release mechanism must be removed.”

Asuna reached inside Yuji and felt the knotted end of the cord that was wound around his tenketsu. She gripped the cord and made a cut somewhere inside him with the dagger; Yuji winced. All at once, she pulled the cord free and Yuji felt one last burst of power. But this burst was unlike all his other releases. It was so powerful that it almost hurt. As if he needed to release it, or it would rip him apart.

“Exhale, Yuji. With neutral chakra. Except now, it should be ‘void’ chakra.”

Yuji didn’t waste a second. He drew in a breath and exhaled so quickly that his lungs protested. But the effects…

The sheer power of the transparent red wave rumbled the genjutsu world, shaking it as an earthquake might. The red continued to spread outward, touching the four corners of the genjutsu paradise. Then, starting from the center point (which was Yuji), the color began to double in on itself and disappear. But the shaking continued, until Yuji willed it to stop.

As the rumbling ceased, and Azami stopped shaking the beads, Asuna released Yuji from the wooden restraints. She seemed to be back in ‘this’ place, no longer seemingly untouchable.

“Congratulations, Yuji. You’ve reached it- TenShin, Ten no Kishootsu. The ‘True Heaven’s Temper’ state of ability.”

Yuji was floating just above the ground, his chakra keeping him from actually touching it. His skin pulsed red with power; his hair turned black as cooling steel, and his tattoo matched it.

This is real power. The apex of my abilities.

He bowed to the two girls, deeply and respectfully.
“I owe you both so much. I will never be able to pay off my debt. Thank you. Thank you so much.”
--
--

Sakura, by the end of the night, was ready to go farther with Naruto than she’d ever gone before. They had gone back to her apartment, as it had been closer than his. They had been kissing before they even got in the doorway.

To Sakura’s surprise, Naruto seemed distant, even as she tugged off her yukata and began to work on his. When she brushed her hand against his groin and he didn’t react, she finally had it and punched him on the arm.

“Where the hell is your head?!” she shouted at him, absolutely irate. He was her boyfriend; wasn’t he supposed to be paying attention to her at a time like this?

Naruto hesitated; “It’s about earlier. When I wondered if we were really in love because of that prophecy. I just…can’t get it out of my mind.”

“Why are you worried about that? I love you; that should be enough!”

Naruto stroked her hair, looking more mature than she had ever seen. His words matched that maturity.
“I just don’t want our lives to be dictated by that stupid scroll. I mean….well, even he takes it seriously. Yuji.”
Naruto’s eyes met Sakura’s, worry etched in his blue orbs.
“You know that he wouldn’t react to that prophecy if he didn’t believe it.”

“Or maybe he’s desperate for the power he’ll get if it’s real!” Sakura protested, and immediately regretted it. She hadn’t meant for it to be a shot at Yuji like that. “You know how he is. He wants to be stronger, and this is…”

But Naruto had stood up. “I need time to think,” he announced. “Just give me a little more time, okay? I love you; but I want to be sure I’m right. Because your first time only comes once, right?”

Sakura blushed, and felt her anger drain. How did he make it sound so reasonable?
--
--

Yuji hit the floor, coughing up blood.
“shoot!” he hissed through gritted teeth. Both girls were instantly at his side, concern all over their faces. “It hurts worse than before…”

It always hurt at least a little to release his Ten no Kishootsu power. So this new degree was going to be painful outside of his genjutsu world, but it would pass. He hoped. This time, there was no turning the power on and off. He simply ‘was’ Heaven’s Temper; ‘Yuji’ was only a part of a greater whole now.

“Back up; quick!” Yuji said suddenly, curling into a ball. He dove for the door, going through it rather than sliding it aside. He got outside, looked up to the moon, made a handsign, and used a fire jutsu.

The most powerful, crimson jet of flames any of them had ever seen rose up into the night. Yuji fell over, exhausted from the effort. His hair was still black, but beyond that he seemed to have regained control of his abilities.

He hit the ground again on all fours, panting, chest heaving in and out.
“shoot…” he said again, this time in a mutter. It took him a few moments, but he rose first to his knees, then to his feet. He forced himself to stand erect so he could get air into his lungs.

“We need to return to the festival,” Asuna told Yuji gently. “Try to get used to your new appearance and power.”

“Yeah,” Azami chimed in, “If people start staring, just remember ya got two hotties with you and they’re just jealous!”

Azami had flung an arm around Yuji’s shoulder, and it made Yuji wish that they were more than just friends. Although it was an odd gesture- Azami was more the type to mash his face into her mammoth breasts than to use such a…well, straightforward gesture.

“Asuna?”

Asuna nodded and slipped back into the temple. Azami steered Yuji into the woods, eventually positioning him across from her. He waited expectantly, trying to be patient. After a while, Azami opened her mouth. She paused before speaking, and Yuji was tempted to lean forward and kiss her. Her moist lips were just sitting there, so inviting. They began to move again, however, and out of them came:

“I…”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YunieXTidus on September 25, 2011, 1:46:30 PM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusVery nice chapter. I agree with andr28a. More!!! Immediately!

andr28a on September 20, 2011, 12:51:06 AM

andr28a on
andr28aDamn you cliffhanger endings