Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 89 - Arc XIIiii: What If?- Chapter 3

My OC is forced to play servant to Naruto and Sakura. He must ignore his own dreams to see that Sakura and Naruto live happily ever after- either as a couple, or as the two strongest shinobi ever.

Chapter 89 - Arc XIIiii: What If?- Chapter 3

Chapter 89 - Arc XIIiii: What If?- Chapter 3
Yuji and Ino met at the appointed time outside of the Yamanaka flower shop. Ino had gone upstairs to get ready, though there wasn’t that much to do from working the counter to getting ready. Ino liked to look her best at any given time. So it took her maybe fifteen minutes to get cleaned up to her satisfaction.

When she came down, she found her father, Inoichi, and Yuji chatting amiably. They knew each other from work. Yuji had spent time learning from Ibiki Morino when he was younger, and also from Inoichi. He had learned to interrogate prisoners physically and mentally, through genjutsu and the power of suggestion. It was an odd way to form a friendship, but it had. Inoichi wasn’t very difficult to get along with. He never made excuses for his daughter, either. When she committed a transgression, he heard both sides of the story before passing any judgment.

Regardless of the history between her father and Yuji, she was grateful for the fact that they were on good terms. Yuji was somewhat older than she was. Not ridiculously so- five, six years- but it was still the sort of thing a father would likely appreciate being consulted about. Ino had talked to him already, and now Yuji was. Ino hadn’t even suggested that Yuji speak with Inoichi, but apparently he realized that it was a valid idea.

“So I’ll have her back by ten, sir?” Yuji joked around a thin smile. He was nervous; that much was evident. Ino hadn’t had a curfew since she eighteen.

“As long as she doesn’t come back pregnant. If she does, there’d better be a ring on her finger.”

That didn’t exactly help calm Yuji down, but Inochi didn’t realize just how deficient Yuji could be when it came to girls. He was plenty nervous and had been trying desperately not to think about sex.

Ino mercifully stepped in, smirking to Yuji and asking “Is he harassing you, Yuji? I swear, he just doesn’t trust me!”

Inoichi rolled his eyes in response, nodding toward Ino’s clothes. “Put on a longer skirt and I’ll worry less.”

That comment inadvertently drew Yuji’s eyes to Ino’s shapely (and largely bare) legs. He was failing miserably in his attempt to not think about sex. He had to force himself back into the moment. Mentally slapping himself, he asked:
“Ready to go?”

Ino moved to stand next to him. “Sure am.”

Yuji lifted the flap covering the door, holding it open for Ino, and off they went.
--

It was no surprise that Yuji was a perfect gentleman. Holding doors, letting Ino go through doorways first, offering an arm when going up or down stairs, etc. Ino found that she liked the treatment. At first, maybe it was a bit off-putting. But once she realized that Yuji was doing this because she was special and not because she was female, she settled in and enjoyed his chivalry.

They had chosen a small, relatively quiet teahouse. The food was good, the tea better, and the company the real reason anyone came here. It was the best place to get to know your date.

Yuji and Ino exchanged some cursory conversation over a pot of green tea. Their conversation continued pleasantly during the meal. When it came time to desert, a conflict arose. Neither one wanted desert, but if they declined desert then the date was effectively over and they would part ways. Neither one liked that option very much. They weren’t in love, but they were very much good friends with romantic possibilities.

Reluctantly, they both agreed on desert. They took as much time as possible while eating it, not wanting this date to end just yet.
--
--

Yuji and Ino got together several more times. The second date had been much like the first. On the third date, Yuji took the plunged and kissed Ino goodnight- on the cheek. The fourth date, Ino made it clear that Yuji’s aim needed work. On date five, six, and seven, they practiced their kissing techniques with increasing regularity and intensity.

By date ten, it was clear that the attraction wasn’t going away. At the end of the date, Ino stopped Yuji on a dark street corner not far from her house.

“I don’t want to go home tonight. Maybe your place is better?”

As she spoke, Ino’s left hand wound around Yuji’s waist. Her right hand ran up and down his chest, and her mouth nibbled busily at Yuji’s ear. Yuji put an arm around her shoulders, the other holding the hand that was running up and down his chest.

“My place it is.”

Ino kissed him then, smiling all the while. She was proud of how these dates had gone. As her tongue slipped into his mouth and he made a small sound of surprise and consent, she thought about how wonderful it was going to be to really be wit him. Dating was one thing- this was quite another. Once they stumbled through the door of his apartment and they began to disrobe themselves and each other with passion rather than lust, Ino knew this had been the right move.

And the right person, too.
--
--

Ino woke up first, feeling a pair of arms around her. She had been using Yuji’s arm as a pillow when she woke up while she had thrown both her arms around Yuji’s neck. The last thing she remembered doing last night was cradling Yuji’s face in her breasts, then sliding her head onto his chest while he held her close. There had been a spark, and it had nothing to do with the skill with which each shared movement was performed. Yuji had some learning to do. But the way he acted; the way he treated her; the courtesy which he showed her even during sex…there was something so appealing about that to Ino. Some dismissed her as a tramp and treated her as such. There was none of that with Yuji.

When Yuji woke up a few minutes later, he immediately pulled Ino tight to him. Her skin was so warm and inviting that he couldn’t help but bury his head in her shoulder. Ino turned her head so that her long blonde hair fell like a curtain around both their faces. She gently kissed and nibbled at the back of his neck, her fingers tracing his spine.

“I need to thank you,” Yuji mumbled into her shoulder. He wanted to speak more freely but was reluctant to leave the warmth of her neck and shoulder. He kissed her neck gently; she arched her neck in pleasure, making a small sound of contentment.

“Thank me? For what? Last night? ‘Cause if that’s it, sex is a two way street, so…”

Yuji shifted so he could talk to her a little better. He took her hand, but that didn’t satisfy her. She pushed him down onto his back and pushed herself close to him, using his chest as a pillow.

“I need to thank you…for not ever looking at me with pity.”

His voice was labored with emotion; so much had been conveyed to Ino before his words even settled. The peak of sadness in his voice; the subtle quiver that she had known him just long enough to pick up on- that had all spoken volumes.

“Pity? Why would I pity you?” she asked, crossing one of her legs over his.

“My chakra is all but gone compared to where it was. I’ll never see that level of power again. And my position with the village is unstable. They don’t know what to do with me. I’m like a ticking time bomb to them now. Lady Tsunade wants to trust me, but she can’t bring herself to endanger the village on me.”

At this, Ino got up and sat on Yuji’s chest, straddling him, and affording him a peek at paradise. She leaned close and held his chin in both hands. She could see his eyes had recently moistened.

“Listen to me. Your chakra does not define you. If all it took to measure a man was chakra, then Orochimaru, or Itachi Uchiha, or someone like that would be the best who ever lived. Lord Hokage- The Third Hokage; your master- was chosen because he was kind, compassionate, and an effective leader. Not because his chakra was enormous.’

Ino stood up, still straddling Yuji. She went about locating her panties and a shirt (she eventually settled on Yuji’s). One she had covered up a bit and let him think about that, she gave him one more bit of wisdom.

“You aren’t bound by that prophecy anymore. Your lost some chakra, yes, but it wasn’t yours to begin with. Now you can define yourself. You’re a servant to no one but you.”
Ino paused, a smirk playing on her lips. She knew Yuji all too well, so she couldn’t resist adding,
“And to me, of course.”

Finally his stoic face cracked a grin. “Of course.”

Satisfied, Ino held out her hand to help Yuji out of the futon they had shared that last. She loved seeing his toned, naked body- especially when it was sweat covered. Sweat that she could be proud of having caused, she thought with a wry grin.

“How about letting me scrub your back?” Yuji asked, seemingly out of nowhere. “A shower is the best way to wake up, after all. Especially after a good workout, right?”

Ino immediately stripped again, flinging her panties and the shirt she had borrowed aside carelessly. It was his turn to gaze in wonder. At times like these, Ino knew her compulsive diets were worth it. His gaze was fixed on her. Slender legs, tight little tummy, femininely muscled arms, and finally on her beautiful face.

Well, okay, that comes naturally.

Later that day, when she returned to Yamanaka Flowers after a solo mission, Ino would find a box of assorted sweets. The attached card simply read “Smart and beautiful? I’m one lucky guy, and it’s all thanks to you”.
--

“You know it’s unfair, right?” Yuji muttered, glancing at the flower shop. He and Ino had just met after some team training. He had walked her home after their practice.

“Huh? What’s unfair?”

“You work in a flower shop. What do I get you for a gift? On the off-chance I ever manage to work my way into your doghouse, not to mention birthdays, anniversaries…”

Ino had to laugh. She had never considered that before. It was sooo like Yuji to think of something like that.
“Well,” she said thoughtfully, “You should get stuff we both enjoy. You know…’enjoy’…”

Yuji’s eyebrow went up- he wasn’t so stupid that he didn’t get the innuendo. And he had gotten good enough to throw one back now and again.

“How about you enlighten me some more on things we could enjoy together? Specifically, I mean.”

Ino kissed him on the cheek, not daring to go farther in case her father was home. “Use your imagination. At least, until I get cleaned up. Then we’ll try it in real time.”

“Sounds good to me.”
--
--

Yuji and Ino’s relationship wasn’t merely physical. They each tried interests the other had, with some mixed results. Yuji’s horrific skill while attempting Ikebana matched Ino’s attempts at archery. But Ino cooking Yuji’s favorite foods went well as Yuji sought to master the art of the tea ceremony. They both excelled at calligraphy, which they had taken up together.

Yuji’s team didn’t suffer at all for the relationship he was having with Ino. He never favored her and she never expected favoritism. The team worked well together. Yuji, however, was still keeping himself distant. He was unsure of his role. Being a placeholder, he didn’t want to get too involved. His job was basically to supervise Shikamaru as he learned the nuances of being a team leader from an administrative standpoint. But what did he do after that?

Ino made him happy. But that was where his happiness ended. His self-worth was tied to his job, and therefore was suffering. He couldn’t ask Lady Tsunade to trust him further yet. And the looks of pity he still got…

It was while leaving the Hokage’s office after a mission report that would remind him just how far things were from how he expected them.

He’d ignored Sakura as usual. This time, Naruto was there. He followed Yuji out and requested to talk.

Naruto looked uncomfortable as he tried to speak his mind to Yuji. “Look, can’t you forgive Sakura? She hasn’t been herself. It’s starting to affect her during missions and stuff…so can you please just-”

“No.”

Naruto had never heard a word spoken so sharply by Yuji. He snapped his gaze up. He could feel Yuji’s chakra becoming agitated. It felt so faint and distant compared to before…and angry. No. Beyond angry. Furious. Just shy of destruction.

“Anything further?”

Naruto’s response was automatic, and he instantly regretted it. “Why are you being such a jerk about this? She made a mistake. Anyone could have-”

In an instant, Yuji was in front of Naruto. He grabbed the younger boy by the neck and held him up, rage etched on his face.

“NOT ‘ANYONE’ DID! SHE DID! THE ONE WITH COMMAND OVER MY FATE DESTROYED MY LIFE!”

Yuji and Naruto had garnered plenty of attention, but no one dared interfere. Naruto snapped his hand down across Yuji’s wrist to escape the death grip Yuji had on his neck.

“Look, I get it, okay?” Naruto said calmly, massaging his neck. “I understand. The demon fox-”

Yuji’s voice came out in a low snarl. “You still have it’s power. You know the wonderful, damning effect power has. Everyone wants it. But your power…it can’t be taken away with mere words, can it? Your power is not so flimsy, dependent on someone else.”

Naruto couldn’t think of what to say. Yuji turned and left, with the people that had gathered cutting him a path. Their stares and whispered words…The tenderness and warmth of Ino seemed so distant now.

Naruto put a hand on Yuji’s shoulder.

“Let go.”

“You have to forgive her! For the good of the village!”

“Let go.”

“You know how important it is! Prophecy or not, she’s a healer!”

“Let go. Now.”

“Damn it, do it for the village! So you lost some power! So did the whole village! When the Third Hokage died! But we rebuilt! Look at what’s happened! You can rebuild, too!”

Yuji turned his head to face Naruto. His stare was icy and completely hostile.
“Some things can’t be rebuilt. That chakra will never return. The power; the abilities…they’re gone and cannot be regained. And as for Yuji…well, he’s dead, too. Shattered into ten thousand pieces. Now, let go or we’re going to fight.”

Naruto didn’t let go. He needed Yuji to apologize to Sakura. It was eating her up.

Yuji’s fist swung toward Naruto. But to Naruto, it looked like it came in slow motion. He dodged backward easily. That made matters worse, as Yuji realized what had happened. They were now so uneven…Naruto was so far out of reach…

“I will not apologize!” Yuji shouted at the top of his lungs. His throat stung with the force of the scream. The frustration, the anger- it all came bubbling up. “I will die before I apologize!”

“Others might die! Dammit, don’t you see?! If she’s off, she can’t heal anyone!”

“What do the others have to do with me? If she were any sort of medic, she could handle this. Instead, she clings to Sasuke’s afterimage. If you were any sort of man, you‘d be offended by that!”

Now it was Naruto’s turn to get angry. He tried to control it, remembering who he was dealing with.
“Look, you know better than anyone what she means to me. If you’re going to insult her, then it’ll be over my dead body!”

“I’d rather not, but if you don’t back off now, you’ll get the best of what I’ve got. The prophecy means nothing to me anymore.”

There was no avoiding the fight now.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YunieXTidus on February 10, 2012, 4:30:36 PM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusWell. I was all smiles and grins throughout this until Naruto decided to stir the shoot-pot. Ino and Yuji make a great couple. I can't wait to see how this will play out.

andr28a on February 8, 2012, 6:08:12 AM

andr28a on
andr28aUh oh, I hope Yuji knows what he is doing... going against Naruto can be unwise