Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 91 - Arc XIIiii: What If?- Chapter 5

My OC is forced to play servant to Naruto and Sakura. He must ignore his own dreams to see that Sakura and Naruto live happily ever after- either as a couple, or as the two strongest shinobi ever.

Chapter 91 - Arc XIIiii: What If?- Chapter 5

Chapter 91 - Arc XIIiii: What If?- Chapter 5
Ino had done her research. Sex and training was indeed on the menu, but there was a greater purpose.

She had tracked down every superstition, every herb, every bit of information she could on chakra expansion since Yuji had become her boyfriend. This place was untouched by man, lending nature energy. Chakra was natural, so the place was right, as was the drinking water. The native fruits in this area were imported from a foreign country, and they stimulated that country’s version of chakra. Finally, there was sex itself. That wasn’t just for Yuji, but it did help. Sex was more natural than most parents would lead their children to believe. Sex could lower fevers and cure colds; soothe anxiety and even boost chakra. As far as Ino was concerned, that was all side effects to an already pleasant past time.

Yuji wasn’t a great swimmer, but Ino had to get him in the water. Ultimately, she wanted to get him under the waterfall. For some reason, it was hot to see her wet, naked boyfriend meditating under a waterfall. For another, meditation aided troubled minds and could even raise chakra when done properly. So after a twenty minute swim, Ino suggested they start training by ‘clearing their minds through meditation’.

They knelt next to each other, so close their knees and sides touched. The water was cold but also bracing as a result. Meditation came naturally in such a beautiful, peaceful place.

After a half hour of that, the couple decided by tacit agreement to train until they were dry. Yuji taught Ino some obsolete exercises he did to keep in shape and to learn history. They worked these exercises until their bodies were wet with sweat rather than water. That led them back into the water, but this time only up to their ankles so they could wash. Wash each other, more accurately.

Once that was done and they had toweled off, Yuji had Ino lay down on her stomach. She raised an eyebrow, immediately turned on (was he finally going to take charge?). Then she felt his hands kneading her shoulders, neck, and back. He was by no means a pro, but the contact felt great. While Yuji worked his way down to Ino’s lower back, he began to talk.

“I owe so much to you, Ino. I don’t know how I would have dealt with all this without you. You really saved me. I was so far into despair I didn’t know if I’d ever get out. But to have someone care about me this much…to go this far to make me happy. It just means so much…”

Yuji’s hands were soon replaced by his lips. Her neck, back, shoulders, buttocks- everything was fair game. Ino didn’t move nor did she desire to move. Not until the kisses stopped. Then she rolled over to make sure they continued. Yuji had paused while straddling Ino. Her arms reached up and around his head, pulling him down for a passionate kiss. She spread her legs, using one to snake around Yuji’s legs to guide him into a better position.

“I love you, Ino. I love you so much.”

As Yuji’s mouth went to her breast, she gasped. It took a moment for her to speak.
“If you love me, don’t you stop there!”

“I won’t. I don’t think I could.”

They connected, and Ino felt a surge of love for Yuji. “I love you, too!”

They eventually made their way to their cave where they fell asleep in each other’s arms in the light of a small fire.
--
--

After a two weeks of training, meditation, chakra treatments, and sex, Ino could tell that she’d managed to make a happy man of Yuji. She could feel his chakra and she could tell that it was growing. It was still growing, as though a work in progress. Mission accomplished, she decided. She would have to continue to nurture his chakra. Even if it took a lifetime, it would be worth it. And they could have plenty of fun along the way. So far, there’d be plenty of fun. She wondered what Yuji’s favorite bit of fun was.

I wonder if it was the Mind Destruction Jutsu? I bet my dad never thought to use it quite like that! And good ol’ submissive Yuji loved it, too.

For all her planning regarding Yuji, she’d gotten stronger, too. He was a good teacher and had a lot of knowledge to pass on. That was important to her; she wanted to be a woman he could respect. But even more than that, they’d connected so deeply that Ino couldn’t imagine life without him.

With renewed vigor, Yuji returned to Konoha. It was nearly time for him to turn control of the team over to Shikamaru. His own future was a bit uncertain now, but Ino had cured him of the worst of his self flagellation. With his chakra growing and his mental strain lightened, he could think clearly again.

Yuji formally wrote up his recommendation that Shikamaru be placed in command of the ‘Asuma Cell’, named so in memory of it’s first commander. It took Tsunade all of two seconds to stamp the paper with her seal of approval. After she did, she looked up at Yuji. She saw less tension in his eyes. She had to admit, she’d been skeptical of Ino’s plan when Ino had proposed it, but she could feel his chakra growing.

That doesn’t typically happen. The amount you’re born with doesn’t grow except in proportion to your body. But maybe Ino’s treatment combined with the unnatural ‘hole’ left in him from losing the Heaven’s Temper chakra really worked.
“Very well,” she said aloud. “I’ve approved it, along with Shikamaru’s promotion to Jonin. That just leaves me to wonder what to do with you now.”

Yuji shrugged a little bit. “I’m really not sure myself what I’d like to do. I’d thought about an extended assignment in Sunagakure, but that was before Ino. At the same time, I have nothing to add to the teamwork of Shikamaru’s cell, and they already have a Jonin commander.”

They sat in silence for a few moments, each of them debating their own thoughts quietly. Yuji broke the silence:

“I apologize for that disruption a couple weeks ago. With Naruto. It was unprofessional, and if there are any consequences for me, or for him as well, I freely accept them.”

Tsunade waved the apology and suggestion both away. “No, no, the outside circumstances led to that. As for Naruto, he’s been punished enough. Sakura told him the truth about what caused you to lose your chakra.”

Yuji’s jaw dropped. “She told him? But I swore I would keep that secret! Why would she tell him?”

“She felt guilty, Yuji. She’d done an awful thing to you. When you couldn’t accept her apology, she decided that, as penance, she’d tell Naruto herself.”

“So I broke them up by keeping her secret?”

“No, no, there was no break up. Don’t misunderstand,” Lady Tsunade said with a smile. “No, Naruto understood, actually. They had grown distant. When he realized that he had come so close to losing her, it motivated him to talk to her more. And they worked things out, and are closer than ever.”

A strong gust of wind kicked up, sending some of Tsunade’s papers sailing across the office. She and Yuji scrambled around, trying to grab them before they flew out a window. In their haste to catch the rogue paperwork, Yuji bumped a small shelf. A white scroll tied with a black cord fell to his feet. He picked it up and handed it to Tsunade. She took it from him as he busied himself with putting the papers back on her desk. She read the label and gasped to herself.

“Yuji…this scroll is for you. From Lord Third.”

Yuji’s head snapped up, his face a mask of disbelief. Tsunade held the scroll out to him, and he took it with a grateful nod. He’d missed the Third Hokage terribly when he was sure he was alone in the village. The old man had been both friend and mentor to him. With trembling hands and held breath, Yuji unfurled the scroll. It read:

Kimihiro,

I realize that by the time you open this, I will be dead. Orochimaru must be stopped, and it is my life that is the price. I hope you understand why I didn’t allow you to accompany me into battle against you. Your life is precious, Yuji. While my own son was gone, you stayed by my side. Your loyalty never wavered, and I have no doubt that someday you will be a cornerstone of this village.

Regarding the prophecy: Should it never come to pass, or should that prophecy be broken, you must not lose heart. If you fall, so does one more of the pillars of this village. We’ve seen far too much devastation and destruction already. Whoever is named leader after me must be strong; whoever supports him or her must be stronger still. He or she will inherit the obvious burden. You whom I have trusted to do the unglamorous work will play a vital role. I pray that someday your role become obvious and the credit you are due is given to you. That will not come in the role of a servant, I’m afraid. But your time will come. You will be called upon as a leader; as someone trusted.

I remind you now of words you spoke to me once.

“My future? Well, I won’t pretend that I can be Hokage. Maybe I can be the one under the Hokage. I guess…well, I’d like to be trusted. That’s all. I’d like to be important.”

Kimihiro, you are already trusted and you are already important. Do not forget that. Your Will of Fire will grow stronger. It must grow stronger. The village will undoubtedly fall on hard times. The threat of the Akatsuki will grow. The threat of those who wish my place will grow. You are the shadow within the shadow. All know you, yet none would suspect you. Your hands may become dirtied, but whatever else, protect this village. Your youth and strength…if I’d had them, this letter may never have been necessary. But because of the way fate had led me, I must turn these objectives over to you.

Protect the village against Danzo. His ambitions are unworthy of the title ‘Hokage’ which he covets so greatly.

Protect the village against the Akatsuki. I have no doubt that you will face them in combat some day.

You are generous, kind, and always ready to sacrifice yourself. If the time ever comes to do so, do not do so hastily. You have but one life to give to your village. One life that will not be easily replaced, regardless of what you believe.

Above all, Kimihiro, please remember that I loved you as a grandfather loves his grandson. As I prepare for my final battle, I will keep our time together precious. May you live to a good old age and die in your own time, with many loved ones at your side. Your path is a lonely one- that much I can foresee. But I can also see that you will find someone to accompany you. A female that is strong and beautiful, whose dedication to you will never waver. Your dedication will never come into question. So take heart: The journey may be lonely and demanding for a time, but everything will, in the end, work out for the best.

If you need advice, seek out my students. Jiraiya and Tsunade will likely be fond of you and more than willing to help.

With best regards and respect,

Hiruzen Sarutobi
Third Hokage

-

Yuji stared at the scroll, tears running down his cheeks. His expression was one of shock. He never knew that the Third Hokage had thought so highly of him! This bit of guidance was so welcome as to be overwhelming.

“My Lady…what would the Third Hokage have me do? You spent more time with him than I did.”
Yuji sniffled, wiping his tears away on his sleeve, feeling very much like a child but not caring one bit. His master had thought of him as someone to be trusted and even loved. Yuji had been too young to understand then, back when this was written. Now the power of the emotions hit him hard.

Tsunade looked out at the stone faces of the Hokages. It still surprised her that her own face, etched in stone stared back at her. It brought a smile to her face all the same. But today, her gaze centered on Sarutobi-sensei’s face.
“Yuji,” Tsunade said slowly, “I think that he would have told you to find your place by doing what you’re good at.”

“What am I good at?” Right now, Yuji felt like he wasn’t good at anything specific. Just a good person in general. Or he at least tried to be.

“I think you’re best at organizing others. Taking charge. Or at least, advising the person who is in charge. Were I you, I would seek out those in charge of the areas that fascinate you. Shikaku Nara, for example, is the head of the Jonin Squad. Speaking to him might be a good place to start.”

Yuji nodded slowly, turning that over in his mind. That wasn’t a bad idea. And maybe…

“It’s too bad I won’t get to do what Lord Third thought was best for me,” Yuji muttered to himself. Tsunade wasn’t sure she was supposed to hear that, so she kept quiet. But Yuji kept going, apparently fine if she overheard.
“An advisor to the Hokage would have been a nice position. But that won’t be possible. By the time I get the required experience, the title will be Naruto’s.”

“You have no intention of forgiving them?”

Tsunade had asked a fair question. Yuji wasn’t sure how to answer. He found he wasn’t as furious anymore- until he really thought about what he’d lost because of a few stupid words. At no point was he at fault for what happened to him, and that was the most difficult thing to accept.

“I’ll forgive them. I’ll forgive them sincerely. But some things you just don’t forget, My Lady. Things can’t go back to being like they were. I can’t go back to being a servant to them.”

There was nothing more to be said. Yuji asked Lady Tsunade if she would join him for tea sometime. As the Third Hokage’s students, they had a lot to discuss. Tsunade accepted, and Yuji went on his way.

Just outside the door, Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, and Sai were heading in to see Tsunade. Sai, Kakashi, and Yuji exchanged friendly greetings. Sakura opened her mouth to say something, but Yuji cut her off.

“No. There’s no need. You’re forgiven.”

Sakura moved toward Yuji, but he took a step backward.
“You’re forgiven, but please understand that things can never be as they were. At least, not yet. I really need to come to terms with what happened. That’s going to take time. I’m sorry, but it’s…just going to take time.”
--
--

Ino was sitting on her bed, idly flipping through some book, not really paying attention to the words. Her thoughts were on Yuji. He’d been job hunting today and had been accepted as chunin squad leader. It was a relatively good job that would keep him in the village a lot. Ino was pretty happy about that. But she was pre-occupied with other things. Like wanting to live with Yuji, for example. She’d gently brought up the subject with her father, and she’d found him to be not only understanding but accepting.

“You’re grown up, Ino. I can no longer tell you what to do. I can only give you information and hope that you make the right decision. If you’re determined to do this, then I’m glad it’s with Yuji. He’ll take care of you, and I’d be proud to have him in the family.”

That had really set Ino’s mind at ease about that. But how to bring it up to Yuji?

tap tap

Ino looked up, startled. She found Yuji tapping at her window, using his chakra to stick to the side of the building so that he was perpendicular to it. It was so absurd that Ino had to laugh out loud at it. She opened the window and let Yuji in.

“Hey,” he greeted her, stretching out his legs. “Man, that wasn’t one of my better ideas, sticking myself to the wall like that for a half hour.”

“What were you doing outside my window for a half hour? I mean, you don’t have to peep; you’re my boyfriend. If you haven’t seen it all…(unless you‘re into that sort of thing, I mean…)”

“No, I just didn’t want to be late.”

“For what?”

Yuji handed her a package and kissed her forehead. “Happy Birthday.”

Ino glanced at the clock- sure enough, it was her birthday. She had been another year older for a whole thirty seconds.

The box Yuji had given her was small. She opened it, half wondering if there was a ring in there. Instead, she found a keychain.

“What the hell do I do with this?” she wondered, holding it out so it dangled in front of her. “At least make it lingerie!”

Yuji chuckled. “Well, it crossed my mind. But I wanted to get you something practical. That, as you can tell, is a keychain. And this-”
Yuji reached into one of his vest pockets and extracted-
“-A key. You attach the key to this thing, and-”

Does he really think I need this lecture? I’m going to kill the simpleton!

Yuji stopped talking, seeing the look on Ino‘s face. “Ino…you didn’t seriously think that this thing was the gift?”

“No, no of course not!” she denied quickly, her relief obvious.

“Oh, good. No, the key is the gift. I, uh, well…thought you might consider maybe moving in with me. Since I got the new job, I mean, I could move to a bigger place and we could…pick it out together?”

That did it. Ino was all over that. Downstairs, Inoichi had heard everything. He had given Yuji advice when questioned on what to get his daughter for her birthday.

Letting her pick out where to live? Poor guy. I know Ino, and she can be overbearing. I love her dearly, but she does like to get her way. Oh well. If she’s going to be with a guy, it might as well be the devil I know rather than the one I don’t. Yuji won‘t mistreat her.
=

It took two days, but Ino and Yuji agreed on a house. It took them a couple days to move in and get settled, but once they did it felt so…right. Like it was supposed to happen exactly like this.

They shared a futon consistently now. Most of the time. Ino DID boot Yuji out at one point.

“Give me ten minutes,” she had said. “I got myself something for my birthday and I want you to be surprised when you see it.”

Yuji shrugged, figuring that was okay with him. He waited until he heard Ino calling him back in. He did as he was told. And once he did, he realized that would be a pattern.

Ino was standing up, dressed as a dominatrix. She was a vision of beauty in leather, wielding the most wicked selection of whips Yuji had ever seen. The one in her hand was short but with many tails to it. In her other hand was a collar and a chain. On the bed lay sets of restraints and the like.

“Girls talk to each other, Yuji. Azami warned me about what kind of guy you were. And she told me just how to keep you in line.”
--

Not too many months passed after Ino put the collar on Yuji’s neck before Yuji put a ring on Ino’s finger. Their relationship didn’t change after that. In time, Yuji mastered all the jutsu in the village, just as his master had done. And just as Lord Third had predicted, Yuji’s road wasn’t a lonely one. Ino became the leader of her clan at a young age when her father decided it was time to step aside. His daughter and son-in-law had both surpassed him.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YunieXTidus on March 5, 2012, 1:45:20 AM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusxD Oh Yuji...

Great work here.

andr28a on March 2, 2012, 6:14:40 AM

andr28a on
andr28aEven in death the Lord Third still has some strings to pull in the village. Well done