Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 110 - FINAL

My OC is forced to play servant to Naruto and Sakura. He must ignore his own dreams to see that Sakura and Naruto live happily ever after- either as a couple, or as the two strongest shinobi ever.

Chapter 110 - FINAL

Chapter 110 - FINAL
Yuji wiped a trace of blood from his lip, looking around. The endless waves of enemies was daunting. Worse yet, he was sure that he’d just gotten some of these people to see the error of their ways. A slight tug at the back of his mind made him realize the truth.

Genjutsu. Hiro is either more talented than I thought, or he has someone helping him…

There was one man who Yuji hadn’t been able to catch yet. Everyone else was vulnerable to Yuji’s taijutsu, but not this man.

That man with the eye patch who looks like Hiro…I can sense his chakra, even in this room full of people. He hasn’t left Hiro’s side, except to neutralize my chakra. He’s the key to all this somehow…!

Said man suddenly raised an arm in the air. At once, everyone left the room through means of a teleportation ninjutsu.

“Goodbye, you damned pest!” Hiro shouted, his wife at his side. He had his arm around her waist. “In case you were curious, you’ve just met your father-in-law- and look who he’s working for!”

The man with the eye patch looked at Yuji deliberately. A single tear fell from his good eye. Then, he disappeared with the remainder of the group.

All at once, metal fell across the windows and doors, and the lights were completely extinguished. Yuji could feel chakra around the metal, sealing it in place.

There’s no way I can break that with just my normal abilities. I don’t have ninjutsu or genjutsu- only taijutsu. That won’t cut it. I need my chakra. Or better yet, Ten no Kishi-

As he tried to finish that thought, Yuji was suddenly slammed with emotions. The emotions of the people outside. Two sides being pitted against each other; influenced by a powerful genjutsu. A genjutsu that had maintained the division of the people in this land for years. So long, in fact, it felt natural, as though it was just the normal atmosphere here.

I missed that before! And now, when I came, I broke that genjutsu hold somehow. Briefly, it was disrupted and everyone stopped fighting. Unless it wasn’t me at all…Kuroko’s father looked me in the eye and shed a tear…does that mean that he isn’t doing this of his own free will? Damn it!

All at once, Yuji felt something new. Rather, familiar. The ‘Heaven’s Temper’ chakra was running through his body unrestrained again! He could access it anytime!

They must have taken down the seal! Yes! But this feels different…there’s more power…

“Ten no Kishootsu: Honshootsu,” supplied a voice. “Beyond a perfect release is an ‘ultimate’ release. ‘Hontshootsu’- ‘True Nature’. This is the reality of your abilities, as reflected by your soul.”

“Who is this?” Yuji asked in awe. “Please, I know you’re familiar, but I can’t remember…”

“We will speak. For now- save yourself, Ten no Kishootsu! Save them all, as your predecessor tried to do!

The voice was gone now. But the ground was shaking. Yuji could feel- somehow, actually feel the energy buildup below of a bomb. The room was rigged to blow! He had to get out!

“Azami! Put up a barrier around our group, quick!”

Yuji still knew her chakra well enough to send a telepathic message along the natural waves of her chakra. His augmented abilities could only help. He just hoped she would understand in time. He couldn’t promise that he had complete control over this level of power.
--

All at once, the room that Yuji had been in exploded. For a moment, Hiro was assured victory. For one moment, he had won.

For one moment.

After that, it was all Yuji.

The windows blew out of the building. A beam of fire stretched up to the heavens. At the point of it was a glowing human being. He streaked across the sky like a comet. His wings extended far out from his body.

If you looked close, you could see Yuji’s hair and eyes had turned jet black. But you couldn’t look that close for long, even if you could follow Yuji with your eyes.

With power overflowing, Yuji could touch everyone’s chakra, and as a result, their minds. He could sense fear, hate, and even truth. He could feel those who meant him or his friends harm.

Their attempts on his life wouldn’t go unpunished.

Majestic, he streaked through the sky, multiple bursts of fire exploding at his command. Buildings housing his enemies were suddenly on fire as though spontaneously combusting. Evil was being driven out in to the open, where nothing short of a miracle would protect them.
--

“Don’t just stand there!” shouted Hiro, pointing toward the sky. “Go! Destroy him! Annihilate him!”

The four druids, who had since recovered, took to chanting again. They paced in their small circles, continuously speaking their ancient chants until, as one, they began to walk in the air. Yuji floated in front of them, letting them get within range.

Better to keep something in reserve. I don’t trust Kuroko’s father. He’s under some genjutsu influence, for one. AND he’s powerful. So, then…

The druids were within range now, and they began their ‘attack’ chant, now circling vertically while facing Yuji. Between them a beam of pure chakra began to grow.

Not quite like Naruto in four-tails state, but dangerous enough, Yuji decided. He skipped the dramatic flourish and raised one hand, pointing upward. The druids looked at his hand, though their chanting continued uninterrupted. They watched as Yuji’s hand moved back. They watched as he threw it forward. Then all they could do was watch as a circle of fire that spanned one hundred feet blasted toward them.
--

Fire lit the sky, sending the four druids spinning to the four corners of the country.

Yuji himself floated downward, his wings beating in a controlled way. Once he landed, the wings folded in to him again, and his body glowed even more fiercely. He strode purposefully toward Hiro and the last group protecting him. Nearly one hundred men strong, they were armed with crossbows, knives, swords, and even some with rocks. One man in the back, ten feet tall, hefted a huge boulder and began to move with it raised high over his head.

“Fire! Firefirefire!” Hiro shouted hysterically, all vestiges of leaderly calm lost at last. He realized now that maybe there was a chance Yuji couldn’t be stopped.

As Yuji walked straight into the hailstorm of arrows and knives, completely unscathed, Hiro knew for sure his defeat was certain. But something compelled him to sacrifice every last man, woman and child to protect himself until the very last.

Arrows bounced off of Yuji as a shield of fire sprang up around him. It encircled him like a dome, moving with him. He did not run, or even attack. He simply walked straight ahead, his eyes fixed on Hiro.

The giant man in the back threw the giant boulder with all the strength at his command. It was on target- and the rock was bigger than Yuji’s shield! There was no way to dodge in time.

I’ve won! I’ve won! I’ve-

Yuji raised one hand, and a jet of fire responded, shooting toward the boulder. It exploded, and the fragments became shrapnel that destroyed Hiro’s own troops. It was now that Yuji attacked.

“SHOUKYAKU JUTSU: OKUDEN DAGEKI!” (Destroy by Fire: Secret Strike)

The ground in front of Hiro erupted with fire. Spikes of it shot up from the ground like icicles from hell, spearing while moving. The earth itself had turned on Hiro. The full fury of Ten no Kishootsu was unleashed on him, and he was more than afraid.

“I SURRENDER! I SURRENDER! DO YOU HEAR ME?!”

Even as he said it, Hiro planned for one last bit of deceit. His brother- Kuroko’s father- would defend him to the last, as the genjutsu implanted in the ‘weaker house’ at birth would compel him to fight, even against his own daughter.

Yuji was now within mere feet of Hiro. He stepped over the injured, having eyes only for Hiro. Sakura and Tsunade would take care of the injured, as Yuji had done the innocent no severe harm. The genjutsu over them was broken now, and they truly had their free will back. Now this entire family and it’s section of the Land of Iron needed to be free of this tyranny, once and for all.

Without a single handsign, three fire clones spawned from the original Yuji. They fanned out around Hiro, surrounding him. As one, they erected a fire barrier, isolating Hiro and the original Yuji.

Hysterical, Hiro made a threat that would have shaken the old Yuji to his core.
“I’ll have Kuroko’s father kill himself! Do you want her to be an orphan? A REAL orphan? A father that loves her would-”

Yuji hand snapped around Hiro’s neck. He lifted the man up high, tightening his grip.

“No man may enslave another in that manner. Not in my area of jurisdiction.”

Hiro gurgled a response which Yuji took to mean ‘What? This is MY land!’

“I relieve you of your duties as of now, Hiro. You’ve abused your power, your people, and your resources. I name myself soke (headmaster/steward) of this land until such a time that I may appoint a new ruler. In this matter, you have no further ability to choose. However, I leave you with a final choice: Death by by Shoukyaku Jutsu, or your voluntary surrender of your abilities. And if you DO attempt to do harm to Kuroko’s father, I will kill you. Make no mistake- this is the last time I will offer you mercy.”

Yuji let the man down, dropping him to the ground. Yuji then fanned his wings out to their full splendor, beating them threateningly.
“And do it properly. Thanks to your daughter, I know the ritual involved quite well. Do it correctly. One deviation and I will kill you.”
--
--

Hiro performed the ceremony with no deviations. The chant, the bowing, the official transfer of the ’Crest of Nobility’ that had been perched on Hiro’s left shoulder for so many years- all was done correctly. Once Hiro had finished did, Yuji lowered the fire barrier. The crowd that was watching was silently stepped back. Yuji up close in this form was too much. In response, Yuji allowed his Ten no Kishootsu: Honshootsu abilities to draw back into his body. However, his hair and eyes stayed the deep obsidian color; his power was boiling just below the surface. Here, where the story of Ten no Kishootsu had begun in the previous generation, Yuji’s power was at it’s zenith.

Now, clearly, Yuji could see the ‘white monk’ sitting next to him on his steed.

“Well done, Soke of this land. It seems the abilities bequeathed to you were properly used. What now for you, Ten no Kishootsu?”

Yuji smirked a little bit. “Well, I don’t know about ‘Heaven’s Temper’, but Yuji Itou has a fiance who deserves his attention. Ten No Kishootsu, however, is going to rebuild this land. The factions will be dissolved and a true heir will be named within a year. I think that, perhaps, I have already chosen. But a year from now I will know for sure.”
--

It was nearly a year before the Leaf envoy returned. Team Kakashi had been chosen to act as the diplomatic group to meet with Yuji. It was time for him to return home if he so chose. He had fulfilled his year’s duty to his wife’s home village, and the Leaf was anxious to get him back.

A small delegation met the Leaf group just outside of the mansion of the ‘Village of Steel’- the newly renamed village in the Land of Iron that was inhabited by the now peaceful clan, renamed ‘Shinzen’ collectively by it’s Soke.

The group was comprised of a handful of samurai and two female priestesses. One priestess did the talking, bowing to the guests.

“The Soke is anxious to see you. Please, follow me.”

As they walked through a seemingly endless corridor, Naruto leaned in to Sakura and said
“Geez, is Yuji really gonna leave? He’s the man here!”

Sakura had been wondering about that herself. Yuji would have made a great leader, she thought. And here, he could be just that. Naruto was well in line to becoming Hokage within ten years, while Sakura was ready to become the chief medic of the entire Village upon Shizune’s retirement. It was safe to assume that she would leave when Tsunade did. By ‘leave’, that simply meant stepping down into similar but less demanding roles. Tsunade’s days of wandering were over.

At long last, they were shown to the end of the corridor. A thick door separated them from Yuji. Only a year had gone by, but they wondered how he had changed.

The door opened to a splendid scene. Shiroko and Kaname stood together, both wearing formal western attire. Shiroko wore a white dress that fell to her ankles, her hair done up into a loose ponytail. Kaname was wearing a black suit and jacket with a white shirt and red tie. They grinned happily at the Leaf delegation but said nothing.

Kuroko and Yuji were on the other side of a large desk that brimmed with papers. Kuroko turned to face their guests, bowing happily, resplendent in a black gown with the chain Yuji had given her more than a year ago now.

Finally, Yuji. He was looking out the window, white-gloved hands clasped behind his back. The white gloves were a symbol of someone who served other people, Kakashi noted.

It seems Lord Third’s training in the formalities hit a nerve with Yuji.

Yuji finally turned, smiling in a way that could only be described as ‘regal’. He bowed low, and his group followed suit. It was clear from this position that his hair had stayed it’s powerful obsidian color. If you weren’t used to his chakra, you could feel Yuji’s Ten no Kishootsu abilities practically undulating with power.

“Welcome, Ojousama, Naruto-dono, Kakashi-sensei, Sai-sama, Sasuke-Sama, and Yamato-Sensei. I’m glad to see your journey was a safe one. Please, sit down. We are waiting on a few more people…”

As if on cue, the ‘few more people’ arrived, falling upward through a shadow. Asuna, Shoki, Azami, and Kojiro were all dressed formally in the same manner as Yuji’s group. Azami was resplendent in a golden gown, while Korjio looked out of place in his suit, and he’d clearly been pulling at it in an attempt to make it more comfortable. Shoki fit perfectly into his suit, looking perfectly content to be next to Asuna. Asuna was not wearing the robes of a miko any longer, nor the ceremonial hairpiece.

“Are congratulations in order, then, Shoki; Asuna?” asked Yuji, a smile threatening to unzip his face.

Shoki smiled, looking much older for only a year to have passed. “Yes. She accepted, Oniisan. We’ll be married next year in June.”

Ah, that’s right. A priestess cannot take a husband and remain a priestess, Yamato remembered. The Leaf didn’t typically take notice of such things, but for the Lady Uzume to step down...

“Was it Akari who replaced you then, Asuna?” Yuji inquired politely, speaking like a leader. His calm voice somehow seemed to hold a noble ring now.

“Yes indeed. She’s already surpassed, to be honest. Very bright girl.”

Yuji looked to everyone, his smile remaining in place.
“Then, with everyone here, let me announce my decision: First, I will be returning to the Leaf. As for my replacement, I have named a joint council, consisting of an equal number of representatives from the two major sides of the previous factions. Someone needs to be in charge, however, and I’ve decided who that should be as well.”

Turning to Shoki and Asuna, Yuji bowed deferentially. “Will you, Shoki? Will you and Asuna become the joint leaders of this village?”

Shoki and Asuna had already talked about this. They agreed that it would be a good way to live an interesting life. Both of them were powerful as warriors and trustworthy as people. They were the perfect choices.

Shoki and Asuna bowed, then stepped behind Yuji’s desk. He smiled at them, removing his white gloves as he did.

“Then, my service to this village has come to an end. It was a regrettably short period, but I think, at least in part, the people of this village felt ‘forced’ to accept me, thanks to my most recent battle as Ten no Kishootsu. This place will not truly heal until fear is no longer the glue holding the nation together. But know this: Ten no Kishootsu will always call this village ‘home’, just as Yuji Itou will always call the Leaf Village home. There will always be a connection. In times of need, Ten no Kishootsu will defend this place.”
--

Yuji returned home to the Leaf, carrying only a small bag across his should. His return was not met with a party or a parade. Rather, the people of the Leaf would see him and bow. They had heard of his battle to save his fiance’s home. But more than that, they remembered his battle against Pain. Naruto was the hero of that battle, but just as the Third Hokage had predicted, Yuji had been a pillar who kept the village standing upright, though actions and words.

His latest action- giving up power he earned and cherished to show loyalty to his home- were proof of that. The right man had been gifted with the ‘Heaven’s Temper’ abilities.

Yuji stopped in front of the Memorial Obelisk, looking at the names of those he had failed to protect in the last battle. Konohamaru, Lee, Gai, and all the rest- lives extinguished in the hope that Yuji may have prevailed against Pain. Yuji in turn became one of those sacrifices to be sure that Naruto could save the day.

The Akatsuki threat had been delayed; Orochimaru would not return to power without Jiraiya catching him; the Akatsuki being so summarily dismissed from it’s Leaf-related aspirations solidified the Leaf’s hold as the strongest of the five villages- everything wrapped up nicely in this way.

Yuji had wondered what to do with himself now. Stepping down as a ruler; fighting that final, earth-shattering battle- where did one go after that?

Maybe, Yuji thought, glancing at Kuroko, Maybe for a while I’ll live like a normal person. I’ve got every reason to believe that Naruto and Sakura will surpass my power, no matter what. They will become leaders, and I will support them. If that much is written in stone, then maybe I’ll control what I can. And for now, that is my happiness and Kuroko’s happiness.

But should a day ever come when my abilities are needed, I will not hesitate to deliver protection to those who need it. Be it my life or honor that is the price, I will lay it down gladly to defend those in need.


“Yuji!”

Sakura and Naruto were calling him, standing near Kuroko and waving.

“C’mon! Let’s go to Ichiraku! We’ve got to celebrate!” yelled Naruto, wearing a big smile.

Sakura shouted her agreement, her smile wide.

With one last bow, Yuji turned away from the memorial obelisk.
“Coming, Naruto-dono, Ojousama!”

Four years ago, when all this began, Yuji would have been too bitter to go drinking with those whom he had to serve. But that no longer seemed such a terrible thing. Being strong did not mean not having a life as well- that much he had learned as a leader. There were worse things, he supposed, than joining his friends for a meal and some drinks.

Maybe I have learned something, Lord Third. And maybe I’ve gained a whole lot by learning it, too.

Yuji caught up with the group, and they went to celebrate Yuji’s return. The Leaf was strong; peace had been earned; the dead had been mourned. All that remained was to look to the future. And the future was looking bright.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YunieXTidus on August 28, 2012, 5:25:20 PM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusLove this ending! Happy tears right now. I loved reading this. andr28a is right, a LOT of things changed, but it all worked out for the best! Loved it. Brilliant work, my friend. :)

andr28a on August 26, 2012, 10:37:18 AM

andr28a on
andr28aT_T I can't believe it's all over. A hell of a lot of things changed during the course of this story. Some good and some bad. But I will say this; I enjoyed the heck out of reading this.