Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 35 - Arc V: Broken- Chapter 1

My OC is forced to play servant to Naruto and Sakura. He must ignore his own dreams to see that Sakura and Naruto live happily ever after- either as a couple, or as the two strongest shinobi ever.

Chapter 35 - Arc V: Broken- Chapter 1

Chapter 35 - Arc V: Broken- Chapter 1
Shinmaru hadn’t left the Daimyo’s side. The other eleven Guardians, which he could command, were sent to intercept the intruder. When not one returned, Shinmaru informed the Fire Daimyo. Then he heard the fight outside. He only caught the tail end of the fight, but he was amazed that two shinobi, a priestess, and a child could cause such a problem which his eleven elite men couldn’t give to the Akatsuki. Then he gasped- he recognized the two shinobi!

The first was the girl. Azami; age 19. Unbelievable cold bounty hunter and ruthless killer- when it served her. Her skill level was nearly off the charts, and her potential for further growth was still very viable. The bounty on her head from the Sand village was exorbitant. He had always guessed her to be in league with the Akatsuki. But she had just fought against them, despite being clearly outmatched.

The other one, the boy, was ‘Ryouko’. His name was so jealously guarded that it was apparently only known to himself, and possible to the priestess. Shinmaru had met Ryouko once- back then, Ryouko was still under the Third Hokage and was learning to meditate. At the time, he had picked out Shinmaru and wanted to spar him. The Third Hokage had stopped the match, realizing that Ryouko would be crushed. Shinmaru wouldn’t have killed him, but the boy wouldn’t have come out unscathed, mentally or physically, from such a sound defeat.

On the spot, Shinmaru made the decision to recruit these two- at least temporarily- for the new Guardian Twelve. The Fire Daimyo was so exposed right now that it couldn’t be helped. But it seemed the two were more than formidable.

The other one close enough to get here for short-term emergency duty was the retired guardian Asuma Sarutobi. Currently returning from a mission in the Sand, he and his team could be diverted here easily.
--

Ryouko and the others had all gone their separate ways after exchanging names. Each one had a room prepared for them, and they all retired early.

“I wonder if Azami could make this burn into a tattoo or something?” Ryouko murmured, pawing at the burn over his eye. Then he spun and punched.
Azami blocked it.

“I sure could, sport. As a thanks for hearing me out earlier. What do you want?”

Ryouko smiled widely, thinking about how just a little while ago they had been in a bedroom together, close to having sex. This time, there was none of that tension. In a way he missed it, but mostly Ryouko felt happy to just have someone with him. Loneliness would have set in something awful if Azami hadn’t been around to keep him distracted.
“I’ve got a design here…”

Azami nodded, going to work.
“So, you’re going to train that boy?”

“I am.”

“How?”

“I’ll have to see what skills he possess already before I decide that,” Ryouko replied.

Azami kept working, grimacing at the damage.
His own chakra did this to him? I guess this priestess knew what she was doing when she tied it off with that curse binding deal. I’ve never seen a flare-up like this…And from a boy normally so stoic…
“He’s got a lot of raw talent, but no way to channel it,” Azami observed. “All he needs is to find his chakra type, and it’ll be easy to work out exercises for him.”

The burn was taking shape now. It was very angular thus far, and interesting looking. It would be on Ryouko’s right temple and above and below his eye. It looked very tribal, Azami thought.

“Especially if I can count on your help.”

Azami paused for a second, but continued almost without missing a beat.
“Why would I stay?”

“The full pardon you’re being offered in exchange for being a Guardian for a few weeks. And maybe…something else?”

Azami blushed a little at Ryouko’s suggestion. It was true that she had tagged along thus far to be with him…to some degree anyway.
“I suppose I’m not done with your training either,” she answered. “Okay, your tattoo is done. Now, take off your shirt. Let me get rid of the burns I put on your back…”

Ryouko took her hand, clenching it between his own two. “Thank you. For everything. I think…I may have died if you hadn’t been there to protect me, in your own way. One of these days, I WILL repay the colossal debt I owe you.”

“I don’t aim to claim it.”

“But I will repay it nonetheless,” Ryouko promised, bowing his head to her a little. “Thanks to you, I can hold my head up high and face Master Jiraiya again.”

Silence. Something about that didn’t sit well with Azami. Before she could stop it, a pang of jealousy came rambling out of her mouth.
“So you’d go back? After what he did to you, you STILL want to guard his student and his little girlfriend?”

Ryouko hadn’t realized this would be such a sour discussion and immediately regretted saying anything. But he had to finish the conversation now.
“I do. If I were to stop, I would be defying the prophecy made by my teacher. I don’t want to make him a liar. And who knows what would happen if the Akatsuki succeed…”
Ryouko had his back to Azami, as she was still healing his burns, but he could feel her expression softening.
“Besides that…Those two are together now. I gave up too much to get them together. To see their new-found bond last…that’s my duty as well.”

Azami sighed, laying her forehead against his back. “You’re too damn noble for your own good. That self-imposed restriction is just going to hurt you, you know.”

“…” Ryouko bowed his head. “I know. But it feels right somehow.”

Maybe it was the fact that she and Ryouko had spilled their guts to each other, but Azami found she didn’t want to leave. Not yet.
“I’ll make tea,” she announced.

“Sure you don’t want to…you know…” Ryouko gulped, somewhat relieved she hadn’t mentioned going to bed together. He wasn’t ready to commit to her that much yet.

“…Not now. I’m not about to have sex with you on temple grounds. You’ve got your religion- I’ve got mine. I don’t want to piss off the gods any more than I already have.”

“…How about cuddling? That’s innocent enough, right? After all…” Ryouko stood up, putting an arm around Azami’s waist, and even nudged her with his hip. “It’s not safe for a lady to walk home alone this late, right?”
He whispered it right in her ear, and he could feel the goosebumps rise on her neck. He chuckled to himself.
“NOW we’re even again, I think.”

Azami smirked back, giving him a playful smack. “Keep pulling stunts like this and you’ll NEVER get me in bed.”
…Damn it. I’ve really fallen for him. But she isn’t out of his heart yet- not completely. Maybe this is my penance for the lives I took. I’m supposed to tease and flirt, but never get a real relationship.
I’ve never once regretted killing that bastard who molested me. But now…even just a little…I wish I could take it back, so I could deserve this boy.

--

After tea, Azami bid Ryouko good night. He managed a smile and nod, but Azami could easily see that the arrival of Asuma and company in two more days greatly bothered him.

Sitting in her room, looking at her clothes for tomorrow, she wondered if she would be of any help to Ryouko in training this boy. Even if she wasn’t, she had to continue Ryouko’s training anyway. But for some reason, she really wanted to help.

A knock came at the door. Azami, dressed in her white nightgown that left most of her back open, tossed on a robe and opened the door. On the other side was another priestess.

“Asuna, right?” Azami asked. The girl nodded.

“May I…”

“Of course. Come in.”

Azami slid the door shut, inviting Asuna to sit. There was an akward air between the girls. Both were Ryouko’s friends, and both were potential love interests. By all rights, Azami should have had the upper hand- she was strong, sexy, and worldly. Asuna was bright, had a lot of potential, and possessed a different strength, along with looks that were better described as ‘cute’. Both were aware of this, and that caused a long period of akward looking away from each other. Asuna finally broke the silence.

“Listen, I…know you’ve been with Ryouko. I just want to know…well, is he okay? He came here all beat up, and then you two ran off those Akatsuki guys…and he doesn’t seem like his old self.”

Azami bowed her head. “He’s not his old self. He’s been…broken, I guess. Let me explain.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YunieXTidus on August 19, 2010, 2:34:11 PM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusIndeed. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

andr28a on August 13, 2010, 2:46:22 AM

andr28a on
andr28aI think Azami is meant for Ryouko. THey balance each other out.
Great chapter