Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Stories

Displaying 1-9 of 9 results.
Time for the annual poetry challenge. :) Let's see if I last the whole month.
This was my first NANOWRIMO - an attempt to write novel draft in  a month. It is rough in many ways, and I'm not sure I knew where I was going, but I still remember it fondly and would like to overhaul it someday. The idea began in my mind with images of a smoke-colored cat in rust-red autumn leaves, a snow white cat curled around a heart of shining cut glass in a palace tower, and the empty-eyed queen to whom the heart belonged...
Written for Jadis' prompt on the forum's Poetry Tag game. I liked how this one came out, and thought I would post it here, too.
I recently participated in a workshop at my school which dealt with Ekphrasis, or poetry inspired by art objects. This was one of my submissions. It is Interrogative Ekphrasis, inspired by Breugel's painting of the fall of Icarus.
This was basically me finding poetic release on the subject of how often inspiration slips through my fingers before the project it applied to was finished yet. It's from awhile ago, but I'm still fairly happy with it.
Chronicles of Narnia: A poem about Prince Rilian's longing to visit Bism near the end of The Silver Chair.
Poem: A dryad's point of view on the destruction in the forests in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle.
This happened because I asked a friend for a challenge, and he asked me to write a Shakespearean sonnet about Tom Bombodil and the Ents. So, here’s my try.
Tom and the Ents belong to the great Tolkien.
LOTR: Fireworks are one sort of wizardry that even a homebody hobbit may enjoy.